New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Currently Recruiting Players

I'm looking to try out the D&D 5e mass combat rules presented in Unearthed Arcana: When Armies Clash with a group of players with moderate to high experience with 5e. We would probably do a few time jumps, in order to test the rules at each experience tier, but I am willing to run other parts of the campaign, other than the mass combat, if all of the players want to.

Spoiler: Big Sixteen
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    D&D 5e

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    Does Mass Combat count as a game type? The game will take place in my homebrew setting, but no prior knowledge of the setting is required. If we decide to continue playing, all background notes will be made available. Notes are also available upon request.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    I'm looking for 3-5 players, with up to 2 alternates.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    We'll do PbP here on the forums. If another medium is preferred, I'm prepared to be flexible.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    Characters will start at level 3 or 4, then time jump to level 10, then 16, then 20. The exact levels are subject to change, and we may end up playing through some of the intermediate levels if the players want, but I intend to try the Mass Combat rules at each of the four play tiers defined on page 15 of the PHB.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    Characters may start with the starting equipment for their class, or use the Starting Wealth by Class chart on page 143 of the PHB. After time jumps, characters will be granted funds equal to those indicated on page 38 of the DMG.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    I don't mind homebrew in general, but I would like to use the races from Wizards of the Coast for this game, just because it is intended to try out the Mass Combat rules. If you really want some homebrew subclass, I might consider it, but not a full-blown class. You may also use the Villainous Class Options (DMG, p. 96), even if you are not evil.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    Races from the PHB are allowed, as well as the Aasimar from the DMG. I am also considering the races from Unearthed Arcana: Eberron and the Elemental Evil Player's Companion, but haven't quite decided.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    Ability score must be generated through 32 point buy, but I will allow a score of 16 to be bought for 12 points, 17 for 15 points, or 18 for 19 points. Hit points may be rolled, or you may take average, rounded up.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    Any alignment is allowed, as long as you do not directly harm party members or disrupt the campaign.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    Multiclassing is allowed, but I will require a maximum of two classes per character. In addition, I am going to point out that my ruling of multiclassed spellcasting rules agrees with the OP of this thread, and that the same goes for Paladin Smites, Sorcery Points, and similar features.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    Please roll all dice either in a spoiler on the relevant IC post, or in the OOC thread, and copy them there.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    IMPORTANT: I play on a grid, and use the Diagonals rule (DMG, p. 252) and Flanking (DMG, p. 252). I will be using the Morale rules (DMG, p. 273), as required by this Unearthed Arcana ruleset. I will also be using the rules for Equipment Sizes (PHB, p. 144) and Encumberance (PHB, p. 176). I occasionally use the Skills with Different Abilities variant (PHB, p. 175), Automatic Success (DMG, p. 239), and the Downtime Options from the DMG (p. 127-131), although crafting rules will be subject to occasional fiat if they do come up. I will use the Renaissance Explosives rules (DMG, p. 267-8) and Action Options (DMG, p. 271-2) from the Dungeon Master's Workshop, as well as any variant creatures from the Monster Manual. If the players request, I may be persuaded to include Background Proficiency (DMG, p. 264), Personality Trait Proficiency (DMG, p. 265), Lingering Wounds (DMG, p. 272), and/or Massive Damage (DMG, p.273). I may also use Monsters with Classes (DMG, p. 283), but only sparingly.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    Backgrounds will be simple, but must include at least 2 Traits, 1 Bond, 1 Flaw, and 1 Ideal, as well as 1-2 paragraphs minimum of story. If we decide to play out other parts of the story besides the mass combat, I may require you to lengthen your backstories.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    The game will be almost entirely spent in combat, unless the players wish to expand into other aspects of the game.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    Any race, subrace, class, subclass, or background from the PHB, including custom and variant backgrounds, any spells from the Elemental Evil Player's Supplement, and possibly races from Elemental Evil and (very unlikely) Eberron. Variant Humans are allowed, but must review their feat choice with me prior to the start of play.

EDIT: check my thread: When Armies Clash: Mass Combat in Fifth Edition
    Last edited by jkat718; 2015-04-26 at 09:49 AM.
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Current Live Game: Defenders of Stormfast, "A Brave New World of Adventure" Obsidian Portal
    Current PbP Game: 5th Edition low-level game IC OOC Tracker Map
    Current PbP Game: I6 - Ravenloft IC OOC

Full Signature
    I often post from mobile, so feel free to correct any typos.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

looking for players in a Hoard of the dragon queen game
    D&D 5e

we have a dwarf fighter
    Dwarf bard
    Human rogue
    Dragonborne druid (blue)

level 4 the LFG thread is here
    https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/2...e-dragon-queen

3. - Top - End - #393
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Looking for 2 players (in addition to the two I currently have) for a Pathfinder-esque campaign involving a virtual reality MMORPG. Link.

System: Pathfinder (a lot of Homebrew and a touch of Pathfinder Modern)
    Ways to Contact Me:
    Thread
    Private Message

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Looking for 2-3 players for a Numenera campaign in Maptool.

System: Numenera
    Thread: Link

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Filled and closed
    Last edited by samduke; 2015-06-14 at 10:03 AM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Looking for 2-5 players for a noble drow game Filled, not sure if we need to delete this here or not.

System 3.5
    Link to game (House Min'Doan) in my sig
    Link to Recruitment thread with details
    Contact via thread or PM
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2015-05-06 at 06:37 PM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

7. - Top - End - #397
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'm recruiting for a Mutants and Masterminds 3e game here.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

Experienced GM with no experience in Traveller is putting together a crew.

Beginners welcome, experienced players too.

If you want a laid-back GM, friendly players, no PvP, head to the thread.

We are looking for 1-2 additional crewmembers (an engineer is welcome, but may be handled as NPC).

LINK to recruitment thread.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Pathfinder Game looking to expand its member's!

Roleplay focused! Looking for players to dive into this amazing world!!!

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...2#post19335922

10. - Top - End - #400
    Orc in the Playground

Star Wars Saga Edition, looking for players to get up off the ground. Clone Wars-based, focusing on squadron/space combat in the vein of WWII serials.

Planned to be episodic in nature, with bits of roleplay between structured, multi-objective scenarios.

Looking to start soon (in 1-2 weeks) here, seems like. Seeking 4-5 players (possibly 6-7), but will go with 3 if need be.

Details in this google doc.

Contact me here via PM, on the google doc, or at ebikiyo1138 on Skype.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeking 6 players for a Paranoia: Black Ops campaign. Details available here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...5#post19353955

Please send a private mail if interested.
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for you are both flammable and an easy target."
    "... Sneak attack?"

12. - Top - End - #402
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looking for 2-10 eager young recruits who are ready to die in some god-forsaken rice paddy in GRUNT http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ck-Recruitment

13. - Top - End - #403

PaladinGuy

Looking for players in a politics heavy game set in Mount Celestia. You'll all be angels, half celestials, or saints.

Link here

This game will be in 3.5
    Last edited by Michael7123; 2015-06-07 at 02:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

Require players for an all mandalorian 12th level Star Wars SAGA editon campaign set in Knights of the Old Republic era, Recruitment link here.
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2015-06-07 at 05:22 PM.
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

Extended Sig.

Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

Spoiler: Full image
    Show

15. - Top - End - #405
    Dwarf in the Playground

A D&D 5e game over Skype at about 5.00pm GMT on a Saturday or Sunday. Negotiable time.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ame-in-English
    Soommor
    Maker of Plays, King of the Pitch, First Chosen of Mazara, Camel Sniper, Last Remaining Fragment of Bill Shatner's Mind, Agony Incarnate, Not Jesus, Inventor of the Electric Condom, General Disaster, King of Africa and Uganda in Particular, Better than the Rest of Us.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDM View Post
    Oh you are just a treat.
    A Brutal and Shameless Plug if I ever saw one.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBlarGamer

My Blog
    https://benology.wordpress.com/

16. - Top - End - #406

Planetar

Looking for some good role-players for a Homebrew 3.5 campaign.

Link's right here.

I hope the setting is as interesting for you potential adventurers as it is for me.
    P.S. If you did not receive this post, let me know and I'll re-send it.

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheCynic View Post
    *And now I have an image of an animated suit of adamantine armor, complete with armor spikes and a wicked scythe, wearing a top hat. And it is awesome.
    *"Nowhere that I am, everywhere that I am not."

17. - Top - End - #407

Multiverse Project: Thread

M&M3E

Open world, open recruitment sandbox game in which players play new planeswalkers within the Magic: the Gathering Multiverse

PM or in Thread

18. - Top - End - #408

Looking for a few players to possibly get a 13th Age game going.

19. - Top - End - #409

BardGuy

Looking for a few players to join a local homebrew pathfinder campaign in Chandler, AZ.

For more information, please see here.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default North New Jersey, NYC, Central NJ, NY State

Hi all.

Looking for other players/ GM of all different games; D&D, Mouse Guard, Numenera, Shadowrun, Fate, GURPS, Savage Worlds, World of Darkness, etc.

I'm currently involved in a D&D 5th ed game in Jersey City, but we don't meet nearly often enough.

I'm in North NJ, but willing to travel a bit. Drop me a line.

21. - Top - End - #411

OldWizardGuy

Default Simple to learn and play game! Basic Fantasy RPG

Hello! Looking for a OD&D game focused upon narrative flow and descriptive cinematic combat? Me too. I'm overly impressed with what has been created in the Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game (BFRPG) and feel it would be ideal for play by post. It is a pretty rules light system that will get you up and running quickly. A character could be generated in 10-20 minutes and the rules are easy to follow. I will be running a module from the BFRPG site that will amount to a one shot. After it is completed we can see if people are interested in playing longer.

About the Dragonclaw Barony setting

Dragonclaw Barony is a provincial yet rough and ready area, reminiscent of ancient England or Wales. The primary terrain of the Barony is rolling fields and gentle hills, though the Dragonclaw Mountains, from which the Barony takes its name, cut a wide swath through the center of the land. The borders of the barony are primarily comprised of natural features: the forests of Norwood, the northern Dragonclaw Mountains, and the Badlands in the north and west; and the Sea of Storms, the southern Dragonclaws, and the Dreadwood to the east and south.

The Barony was once a small independent kingdom known as llancrest. Four hundred years ago, armies from the Kingdom of Albion, to the distant north, forcibly annexed the lands to serve as a southern base in their perennial wars with the eastern kingdom of Kar'Tegra. Llancrest was renamed as "Llancrest Barony" and a new ruler from Albion was given control of the land. Over the years, as the Barony grew more and more independent, the court at Albion began to refer to the distant frontier area as "that Dragonclaw barony", referring to the high mountain range that bisected the countryside; "Dragonclaw Barony" was eventually adopted as the official name of the land.

Spoiler: The Big 16
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

Basic Fantasy Role Playing. Free rules available here

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

This will be a modified published adventure on the BFRPG website.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

I will take the first three players that express serious interest. It will be expected that players (and me!) post 4-5 times per week. Weekends optional.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

Giantitp forums.

I would prefer character sheets in Myth Weavers (share the link with me) choosing the D&D Basic option.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Create a 2nd level character. Max hit points at first level and then average or roll for every level after that.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Per rules

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

Core book or any of the other play tested classes on the website. Casters are encouraged to use the 0 Level spells supplement.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

Per the rules.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

As per normal rules

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Let's just agree to avoid evil characters.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Per the rules.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

You do your rolls in spoilers in the IC threads. I do mine (and secret ones).

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

I've already mentioned the major ones but if something else seems interesting to you let me know.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Yes. Use the D&D 5e approach of having a bond and a flaw. We'll flesh the rest out when the game gets up and running.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

A good mix. I like BFRPG because the rules are streamlined allowing more narrative freedom.

I will create a spreadsheet to share maps for travel and combat.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

I would prefer we stick with the core book and major supplements that have been play tested.

Post your questions in this thread.

Character applications here
    Game Master of

Nothing yet.

Playing

Nothing yet

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Currently Recruiting

This is a game of Mutant - Year Zero
    Think Metro 2033, mixed with a bit of Fallout and got a dash of Waterworld on it.

If this sounds the least bit interesting or just curious, please check out the actual thread (found in a link below). :3

Mutant-Year-Zero-Whispers-of-Eden
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

23. - Top - End - #413

DrowGuy

Iron Kingdoms with Pathfinder rules. We'll be playing the Witchfire Trilogy up to 7th or 8th level, then I'll GM with my own material. The campaign thread is HERE.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Looking to run the classic Marco Volo series of quests using the 5e rules. I have two players already interested in it from another site but looking to run up to 6 players through it. Since I wanted to run the campaign here, I figured I would invite players from this site to join up as well.

If you are interested, just PM me about your daily posting habits and a link to an example of previous pbp play experience. I won't be judging your ability to play but more so your frequency of play.

I will be creating a thread for the game by the end of the week with plans of running the game the following week but that won't be the end of the enrollment process.

Hope to hear from you soon!

~Flip
    Blah!

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Currently Recruiting:

A Fate Accelerated Steampunk campaign. Airships, automatons, magicians, floating isles, and so much more!

And here is a link to the recruitment thread!

26. - Top - End - #416

PaladinGuy

Currently Recruiting:

Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition in the Eberron Campaign setting.

Magic androids, floating cities, and lightning rails, oh my!

Application thread is here.
    Last edited by infoweasel; 2015-08-07 at 09:08 PM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Pixie in the Playground

Currently Recruiting D&D 3.5 players.

Looking for 1-3 players for an in-person/real life game.
    We will be playing up in the Reading Pennsylvania area.
    We hope to meet 1-2 times a month.

PM/Email me if you are interested.

28. - Top - End - #418

Looking for D&D 3.5 players. Game is directed towards players that may not fully grasp the rules of D&D 3.5. Flexible game, many aspects determined by player interest and DM interest. Recruitment thread here.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

29. - Top - End - #419

WolfInSheepsClothing

Currently recruiting players for a short campaign for Flatland Games' Beyond the Wall & Other Adventures set in David Bezio's sandbox, The Phoenix Barony.

Posting Frequency: At least once every other day.

# of Players: Minimum of 3; maximum of 6-7.

The system is a lightweight, D&D-esque RPG that doesn't try to reinvent the wheel. It focuses on adventures more in the vein of young adult fantasy by such authors as Lloyd Alexander's Prydain Chronicles and Ursula K. LeGuin's Earthsea novels. To make start-up quick, characters and their histories can be created with playbooks found in the rulebook as well as at DriveThruRPG.

Character races include humans, dwarves, elves, halflings and gnomes; character generation will be done in the OOC thread to build ties between characters and add to the background of the game.

Recruiting will close on August 22nd. I look forward to hearing from any prospective players!

30. - Top - End - #420

ElfRangerGuy

I am currently recruiting for a 2nd Ed AD&D campaign set in Ravenloft.

Looking for 4-7 players who enjoy rich role-playing along with good-old dungeoneering.

The full campaign will likely not start until Nov 1st, but there may be some individual side-lines for people who sign up earlier.

Interested players need not have any prior experience with the 'Demiplane of Dread'. For those not already familiar with it, here goes:

Ravenloft is a Gothic Fantasy style campaign setting. It is not a true plane of it's own, more of a splintered assemblage of Domains tenuously held together by mystical powers. The common theme is fear, dread and even madness! Think of old black and white horror movies and you won't be far off.

Mood is king in Ravenloft. It encourages rich interaction and provokes more than the somewhat bland traditional response.

Characters will start around level 3 (with 5k xp, so some may be higher or lower based on xp req.)
    Most of the pcs will start outside of, then transition into Ravenloft.
    I will roll a small chance for each pc to have already been adventuring in Ravenloft for a bit. Those pcs who have will retain a certain amount of knowledge about the demi-plane in general.

Characters can be 'from' almost any world/land on the Prime Material Plane. Krynn, Greyhawk, etc.

If you are interested, post a message on the Recruitment thread
    here

For more game details, check out the General Rules forum (you won't be able to post there until invited via the thread above)
    Game Forum

See you around the (virtual) gaming table!
    Last edited by TristenC; 2015-08-26 at 07:43 AM.