New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Currently Recruiting Players

If anyone wish, I have room for 2-3 more players in story driven 5E D&D campaign set in DragonLance war.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...e-Shell-Tavern
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #572
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Title: Evoneiro
    System: Fate Core
    Summary: Evoneiro is a fantastical solar system filled with numerous populated planets at various levels of technology. Some are rife with magic, some exist beyond the brink of destruction, some are just entering an industrial age of science, while above their heads sedition rages among the stars.
    Thread: Users require ten posts to post links.
    Last edited by Monstrodyssey; 2016-12-29 at 10:59 AM.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Howdy All

I will be starting a Wheel of Time homebrew on Saturday the 7th of January. Here is the link if you want to check it out:

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/6...e-final-battle

It will be a voice only roll20 campaign. Recruiting officially begins on the 1st of January. It is very loosely based on Pathfinder, but is 90% homebrew. I will be running with 5 players. If demand is high enough and I can find 10 people who seem like a good fit, I might run 2 campaigns.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Stryyke

4. - Top - End - #574
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Solo Play By Post - is it possible? Yes.

We have a unique custom coded system that takes Play by Post to a whole new level. You can play by yourself, with other players or the most popular titles such as D&D, Traveller, pathfinder, etc.

For DMs looking to run a game you can control Players, access to anti-cheat dice, maps, etc.

See what's available:

How To Find The RPG That Fits Me?
    RulerOfKings.com Medieval Text RPG
    Do not just read the story, become it and decide the ending.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Recruiting for D&D 5e Princes of the Apocalypse

It will be run online through the virtual tabletop maptool with discord for chat. I currently plan for the game time being either Monday, Friday or Sunday at 8 PM EST. (This is variable and If a better time works for the players I can adjust it and change it.)

Only requirements are that you have not read or played the Princes of the Apocalypse adventure. (I want my players going in blind after all) and that you be able to talk.

The SCAG and Elemental Evil Players Companion are legal for making characters and taking spells from. Here is a link to the later https://media.wizards.com/2015/downl...sCompanion.pdf
    The Revised Ranger is also allowed https://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/d...isedRanger.pdf
    If you use these note that I am not allowing the Aarakocra or Winged Teifling.

If you have any questions or are interested PM me or post in the thread. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...online-5e-game
    Last edited by Envyus; 2017-01-11 at 07:35 PM.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Pixie in the Playground

Is there a criminal-style d20 modern campaign going on? I have interest in plunging into modern. Thanks!
    "The Optimist sees the glass half full, the Pessimist sees the glass half empty, and the engineer sees the glass is twice the size it needs to be"

7. - Top - End - #577
    Orc in the Playground

Default Player looking for ffg star wars Rpg pbp

Looking for a high post rate ffg star wars pbp. Edge of empire, age of rebellion, or force and destiny... Doesn't matter.

I'm looking for something set in the legends/Eu with rogue one included.

I have ideas on a setting but I'll leave that to the gm.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

Looking for anything Medieval or Star Wars like. Magic including. I'm lawful evil, but can be loyal to a worthy Master.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Pixie in the Playground

WARNING: COMPLETE AND UTTER NOOB HAS ENTERED THE PLAYGROUND.

So, is anyone willing to invite an interested noob into their game and show them the ropes? I already know some basics to creating a D&D character, but until my friend gets his D&D game moving, I've got no games to play, and I'm really hyped for it, which makes waiting torture! I really wanna start playing a D&D game but I don't know anyone other than the one friend, who's lately been a little too busy.
    "There's a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us, you blinked."

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Greetings brave heroes!

I'm going to try and run this on the forum, hopefully this interests all of you. I am running the first adventure of the D&D 5E Season 5 AL modules. If none of you have played D&D Adventurers League this is a great time to join in. It has several rules and restrictions to insure that everything it balanced between players as well as to prevent power creep. Now that the quick summary is done you can find all of the campaign information here!

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStrike View Post
    WARNING: COMPLETE AND UTTER NOOB HAS ENTERED THE PLAYGROUND.

So, is anyone willing to invite an interested noob into their game and show them the ropes? I already know some basics to creating a D&D character, but until my friend gets his D&D game moving, I've got no games to play, and I'm really hyped for it, which makes waiting torture! I really wanna start playing a D&D game but I don't know anyone other than the one friend, who's lately been a little too busy.
    Looking at your recent posts, I see you are already tooling up for at least one game. I am all to aware of how easily these things can fall apart however, and besides which the tendency towards a slow pace for Play-by-Post (PbP for short) may mean you find being in multiple games at once to be desirable.

As such I will link the game I am currently running. It is a bit of an odd-ball, the LEAST of which is that it uses the 3.5 system. I would suggest you start out by reading both threads and then making suggestions in the Out-Of-Character (abbreviated OOC) thread, and show you can actually ask questions to increase your understanding, rather than remaining silent. Or if you have very good reason to think you can do all that AND keep to it as a COMMITMENT, then feel free to describe a character for me to make for you*.

*I am reluctant to inflict my house-rules for character creation on most experienced players, let alone a newbie, so I suggest you let me turn your description into a first draft of a character sheet that I can then walk you through.

It also involves Ponies, which is yet another reason to ask questions (regardless of if you are a Brony since Fanon's vary) rather than making assumptions or 'hoping it will become clear in time'. In my repeated experience it will NOT become clear in time.

One last Pro-Tip: I mentioned "commitment" previously. Take PbP VERY seriously in terms of scheduling. Treat it as a strict responsibility. If you can't keep up for a while then say so in advance. The most common reason for this is "final exams". If you need to drop out of a game then it is DOUBLY important to say so. If you live with your parents and they are prone to dragging you off to do things for days at a time that would interrupt your ability to post(vacations, etc) without warning, then PbP is not for you. People fading out or just losing tempo is the A-number-1 killer of PbP game in general by a wide margin. I may seem to be harping on this, but it can not be over-emphasized.

Anyway, here are those links:

Out-Of-Character

In-Character

P.S. Anyone else who is interested in this game, either to offer advice to the players or to join in fully is welcome as well.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Pixie in the Playground

So my Wife and I are looking to get into or form a 3/3.5e skype group? our last group went the way of the dinosaur as peoples lives started to branch off causing the sessions to become less frequent and finally ending. So if anyone has room or we can get enough party members we'd love to get a group.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGuy

Post Re: Currently Recruiting Players

Steam of Aglon, looking for 4 - 5 players. stay in character. PbP Pathfinder.
    It is the age of steam, magic is outlawed. War rages through the world. Will you survive?
    giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?514276-Steam-of-Aglon-Ep-1
    Last edited by FoxGreay; 2017-02-04 at 11:06 PM.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...agonist-Genre*

Villain Protagonist Genre

Help to establish this villainous town in America as the center of all evil on planet Earth.

15. - Top - End - #585

16. - Top - End - #586
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...6#post21690656

Text only, non-live game of Conan: the Roleplaying Game, played on Roll20. Looking for 5 more players at the moment. Please see link for more details.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

smile Re: Currently Recruiting Players

The effects of roleplaying on some relationships:
    RulerOfKings.com Medieval Text RPG
    Do not just read the story, become it and decide the ending.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Troll in the Playground

Looking for players to playtest a new rule system for Megaman Battle Network. Her'e the thread!

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...9#post21721969
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

Extended Sig.

Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

Spoiler: Full image
    Show

19. - Top - End - #589

MindFlayer

d20 Re: Currently Recruiting Players

EDIT: This game is currently full, accepting backups only!

Now seeking 1-3 more players for a new ..an ongoing PbP campaign, 'The Chains of Kahetch'!

Spoiler: Recruitment Text
    Show
    System: D&D 3.5e (with some homebrew)
    Setting: High fantasy, expansive open world, moderately high powered, emphasis on good and good-leaning neutral versus monsters and forces of evil.
    Posting Expectations: 4-12 per week, 3 days' inactivity sans-notice reverts character to NPC until player's return. DM to roll most dice.
    Style: Moderate to Highly Mature with elements of gray morality; Ages 18+ only, please. The focus is on story, whether silly or gritty. Degrees of adult content are negotiable within the bounds of forum rules.
    Group: Currently recruiting, 1 active player.

Spoiler: The Chains of Kahetch ABSTRACT
    Show

'The Chains of Kahetch' is an open world campaign set against a backdrop of the epic tidal forces of good and evil. The races are emerging from a vast dark age following centuries of enslavement and war. Now they leveraging glimpses of peace, order, and security into a new renaissance. Secrets long forgotten from early civilizations are recovered from dungeons and tomes alike on a regular basis. Stunted cultures seek to reclaim their identities and shore up their defenses. Artifacts and magics once the subject of myth are returning once again.

The power level of the campaign is moderately high versus core. Typical NPC's are subjected to a tough and gritty life and accrue multiple hit dice over their careers. There is a severe case of 'survival of the fittest' in all but the most remote or posh areas. PC's are granted additional abilities drawn from prestige classes to set them apart.

Play starts at level one with accelerated early levels. Characters of any level may find opportunities to change the course of history. The emphasis of world-altering narrative hooks is on levels seven through eighteen. Rewards are split between traditional 3.5e combat and player interaction with each other and the world. While the game is open-ended, story arcs small and large reveal themselves as the party investigates the world further.

Spoiler: Character Creation & Skills
    Show
    • Starting Level: Currently Level 1. Lowest active PC level -1 thereafter. Options to gain additional XP via backstory and side-quest are provided in most cases.
    • Races:
      Common races of the world: Core (Human, Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Halfling) plus Shifter {Eberron}, Orc, Kobold, Goblin, Bugbear, Hobgoblin
      Several sub-races (Gray Elves, Blue [goblins], etc.)
      Many other races are less common in the world but may be playable (i.e. darfellan, half-giant, uldra, etc.).
    • Abilities: 32 Point Buy
    • Build: PC's are exceptional amid a high powered world. Prestige Class features and abilities are added to the base class on even levels, as negotiated with the DM. Multiclassing is allowed as per core rules.
    • HP: Maximum at Level 1. Additional levels; Roll twice, keep the best. A third roll is optional but must be kept.
    • Gold: Level 1; (max base class * 3 [i.e. Barbarian = 480gp]). Character Wealth-by-Level * 1.25 thereafter. Gear subject to review with 1/3 value cap on most expensive item at creation.
    • Knowledge(local): Ranks and checks are according to specific regions. 4 bonus points are granted upon character creation with backstory. Bonus points are granted thereafter at a rate of approximately one or two per season spent actively adventuring in a given region.
    • Profession: Like Knowledge(local) above, bonus points for specific Profession categories may be granted.

Spoiler: Material Options
    Show

I may be open to other sources as well as custom material. All content is subject to approval. These are the volumes to which I have immediate access:
    • SRD
    • PHB, DMG
    • MM, MM3, Fiend Folio
    • Races of: The Dragon, Destiny, Eberron
    • Complete: Adventurer, Arcane, Divine, Mage, Psionic, Scoundrel
    • Expanded Psionic Handbook
    • Planar Handbook
    • Stormwrack, Frostburn
    • Arms & Equipment, Dragon Compendium, Magic Item Compendium, Spell Compendium
    • Eberron (Campaign Setting) and: Explorer's Handbook, Magic of Eberron, Five Nations

If interested, please PM me with answers to the survey and any questions!
    Spoiler: Player Survey
    Show

General:
    1. What is your weekly availibility to play?
    2. What kind of character would you most like to play and why?
    3. What kind of story would you most like to play in and why?
    4. Who is your favorite OOTS character and why?
    5. Give an example of a highly rewarding challenge to you, whether in a game or real life.
    6. As above, please give an example of a reward, but one that was a let down.

Last edited by Charon23; 2017-05-30 at 02:32 AM.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Bugbear in the Playground

Unlimited Challenge awaits! We're setting up two groups, one at a high level of optimization, one at a low level (relatively), and we need more players.

Spoiler: There's a 16
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

D&D 3.5

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be? What is the setting for the game?

Total power. As in, literally more powerful than gods. Hopefully I can still challenge you guys.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

Some sane number of players where I'm not letting down too many people, but I'm also not putting in so many people that the game slows to a crawl. This is about the only sane part of the 16.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

This is the only other sane part of the 16. Taking place right here.

EDIT: Character creation on Myth-Weavers.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Here we reach the insane bit. In a fit of stupidity and masochism, let's go with level 100 pentastalt. Rule about this, though; if you don't finish your character, you aren't getting in. There are too many applicants for half-finished characters. Sorry.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Since WBL breaks down (imo) after about level 30, and arguably well before then, let's just say that you have as much gold as you need. Magic mart is in full swing, so go wild. I will actually bother to put a limit on this though; if a fifth of it is still outside the realm of non-epic items, no. (So max skill item is +150, max stat item is +30, etc) This restriction is expanded to 50 times normal as it relates to cost.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

If it's published by WotC and/or you can legally send me a link, go ahead. I'm not policing this, I'm just DMing it.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

See number 7

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

You have a pool of 36d6 to assign as you like, then roll and take the best three d6s you assigned to a particular stat. You have to put at least 3d6 in each stat though. No rerolling, no reassigning, just assign down the list and roll.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Do what you want, but when the rest of the party shoves you into the Far Realm sans magical power, I'm not stepping in.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

It's pentastalt, so you should already have all the classes you need. That said, go wild. If you want to take a single level in literally every base class that's ever been published by WotC or been homebrewed in the public domain, that's your prerogative. I'm not sure you can find 500 of them, but go ahead and try. Good luck writing it down.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

Players make all rolls in whatever thread is most convenient and relevant. I'll do the same, and possibly make rolls in secret.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Take as many flaws as you'd like, as long as you can find a source for each individual flaw.

Say it with me; No. Infinite. Loops. At all. This uses the definition for infinite loops that I discovered recently in the Magic: The Gathering Comprehensive Rules. Essentially, if it puts you in a position that you've already been in with either nothing lost or nothing lost and something gained, it's out the window. That includes chain-gating; you get ONE SOLAR. THAT'S IT.

Custom Magic Item creation is fine, but anything involving ninth level spells you should run by me first. I know exactly what you're planning with that Ring of Continuous Time Stop.

If I think of other rules that I'd like to implement, I'll post them separately (and edit them in here)

EDIT: Also, limit your magic item count to 35.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Skirt length, but make sure you have some reason to work with the others. Backstory tie-ins with other players (e.g: "Oh, that's cool; we're from the same city! Maybe we trained at the same wizard's academy!") are completely alright. I will be involving your backstories in the game (as much as I can without ending up having to homebrew a bunch of monsters that are credible threats to you people)

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

It'll probably mostly be roleplaying, as I expect the sheer level of cheese and power present in this player group to nearly instantly overrun anything I care to throw at you. That said, expect a decent amount of hack&slash. So far my ideas for monsters that will challenge you all is... a mob of Tartartartartartartartarrasquerasquerasquerasquera squerasquerasquerasques. (A Tartartartartartartartarrasquerasquerasquerasquera squerasquerasquerasque being a homebrew monster which is an eight-layer Matryoshka doll of Tarrasques.)

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

Anything where you can send me a link without breaking any laws or it was published by WotC. Cite your sources, please, even when it's from a WotC publication.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

"Everyone starts off making garbage.
    If you finally make something halfway
    decent, it'll be the best day of your life."
    Nehra, inventor

21. - Top - End - #591

BlackDragon

I'm recruiting players for a Weaver Dice campaign, set in Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A. The main distinguishing feature of this campaign will be that players will be grouped into two, possibly more, opposing factions, vying for control of the city, all the while dealing with other threats beyond anyone's control.

Spoiler: Basic Info
    Show
    System: Weaver Dice https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...wltkP1Ong/edit
    Player Count: Flexible, no set cap for now
    Style of Play: PvP Sandbox with an overarching campaign

Character Creation: I'm gonna take a hybrid approach here. Usually, power generation in Weaver Dice is something out of your control, but nobody wants to be stuck with a power they dislike for an entire campaign. So, along with your backstory, you will provide a trigger event, and the general outlines for the power you think it will provide. I will fill in the details, and if there's something you're really dissatisfied with you can take a disadvantage or something to make changes. As always, I get the last word, but I'm typically pretty lenient with this sort of stuff.

Other Notes: The campaign will be run via play-by-post on Discord, with coordinated sessions on weekends when possible.
    Link to the Discord Server: https://discord.gg/Hngceq7

22. - Top - End - #592
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

[Just because I'd rather not re-write a unique write-up. I'll just be copy-pasting the LFG listing here]

Pathfinder, one of the most versatile systems in terms of building characters. In the same party you could have a Vanaran Bloodmage with cybernetic legs, an Alchemist Vigilante who literally mutates her body to become her alter ego, or even a Paladin with a Gun, who's favorite spell is Atonement. Hundreds if not thousands of different character options and even more so thanks to its easy to create for system, 3rd party options (While sometimes arguably imbalanced) can add even more possibilities to the list, though seldom are these things ever gotten a chance to be played in a real game where Damage trumps all.

But what if we find the middle ground

Pitting some of the most interesting character concepts the internet has to offer against one another in a 30-player battle to the Death* a tournament shamelessly inspired by a certain Multiversal Tournament in another series, now seeking players who want to see if their Unique OC Doughnut Steel is the most awesome.

General Rules:

Flavor over Power: While it's still a tournament, anyone can make Big McLargehuge the Godkiller or the 800d6 Fireball thrower. Multiple skilled minmaxers will be screening builds to look for unnecessary cheese, system abuse, or otherwise "broken" builds. This is a game for players to finally play that fun thing they always wanted to, while still enjoying combat aspects of Pathfinder

It's more than just a tournament: It's not a tabletop game with out roleplaying, players will be divided into six "groups" which, while they may or may not fight together as a team, will still be able to plan and work together out of combat. While it may be a game based around combat, it's still a game! Espionage and Sabotage against other groups to gain more information or possibly give your group an advantage will be prominent, so don't expect everyone to play fair, and don't worry if your ideal character isn't meant for just combat scenarios

You're probably going to die*: Death is very subjective, while fights will be "to the death" players will not actually die afterward, though they will be removed from the tournament. The remaining members of your group, should there be any that is, may have an opportunity between matches to "Revive" you, though such events will be Rare, akin to a wildcard match at best. Even if you are removed for good however you are still free to watch the rest of the events!

How will this take place, or "How the hell do you expect to get 30 people to a single session": Short answer, I don't. Group related events will happen when members of the same group (5 at most per group) can decide on a time, after each group has had a chance to do "events" between matches, combat will begin, this will be much MUCH easier as all that is needed is to find a date two people can make it and repeat until all matches have been completed, and so on. While this will be agony to organize in the beginning, it will very quickly get easier and easier. Once 30 becomes 15, 15 becomes 7, and so on the game will become easier and easier to schedule

What if two groups interact before combat rounds: They won't, that would be cheating of course! All attempts to negatively or positively affect other groups will happen indirectly, whether by having something lie in wait or sabotaging gear. While it's a bit of a cop-out to avoid scheduling problems it's something that'll just have to be.

How are "unruly" players dealt with: If some kind of broken build slips past us, someone's being a general **** and ruining fun, or someone's schedule drastically does not line up with everyone elses, after being talked with and given a chance to resolve the issue they will be replaced by someone else. Simple as that. Special consideration will be given for scheduling problems in an attempt to work things out, though if nothing works, nothing works. Also, if there are problems with other players, players should bring it up with the GM. Overlooking 30 people can be difficult.

Character Creation: Finally, the fun part! Rules for Character Creation go as follows

Level 10
    Standard Gold for someone of that level (Though saving some money may not be a terrible idea)
    28 Point Buy
    All non-monstrous races allowed, if you wish to play one special consideration may be made at the cost of level(s)
    All Classes/PrCs allowed. ALL of them.
    Psionics/Path of War/Spheres of Power Allowed though will be carefully looked over as (In the case of PoW and SoP at least) can be easily devastating. However no Spheres of Might as of yet as none of us have had a chance to observe its interactions (If it's even out)
    Third Party materials may be allowed if the GM is consulted first

Near the end of the tournament an additional level(s) may be granted for the survivors. Mythic Ranks may also potentially be rewarded depending on how the characters look at that point. If they are allowed all Paizo and Paths of the Lost Spheres Mythic paths will be allowed though may be limited

And that's about it! If you have any questions feel free to pop into the discord or post a message on the roll20's LFG page
    https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/68864/tournament
    https://discord.gg/azrTGbR

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I'm recruiting for another GM's Reincarnation Wars role play here:
    In Reincarnation Wars, you have past lives of heroes and villains residing in your mind and body, granting you all the powers and abilities they possessed.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...erse-Role-Play!

The character creation process is easy, the game is freeform, and there is no need for a Big Sixteen.

Players start with three reincarnations from across the multiverse, from books, video games, tv shows, movies or whatever is in the multiverse. For example, you could have The Protagonists from Fallout 4, Skyrim, and Commander Shepard as your three reincarnations.

You are your own person, but you house the reincarnations you choose as souls within your body and mind, in effect you are always in control.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

Last edited by CasualViking; 2017-03-07 at 08:10 AM.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Recruiting is open for two ongoing forum games I am involved with on dedicated forums.

Dragon's Dance is an ongoing, long-term (two years and counting!) Song of Ice and Fire campaign set in the lead-up to the first great civil war of the Seven Kingdoms, the Dance of Dragons. If you are interested in playing the game of thrones, create an account on the linked forum and send a message to the narrator, Valar Dohaeris.

Savage Rifts It's Savage, it's Rifts. Savage Rifts brings the Rifts setting to the Savage Worlds system. Join a Special Exploratory Team of the Tomorrow Legion and fight for a better tomorrow. Actually a collection of games running in a shared world. If you are interested, create an account and post in the Recruitment thread.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fendrin View Post
    Recruiting is open for two ongoing forum games....
    I stopped when I noticed your portrait was the AURYN /Oroborous from Neverending story. They dont make movies like they used to...

27. - Top - End - #597
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default D&D 3e via the Internet 24x7

Allow me to introduce myself please, I am GM_ODA - I've been a DM since 1978, and active in the industry through the intervening decades as a writer and creative and technical consultant. To say I am 'old school' is an understatement.

I'm not as spry as I was when I started gaming, not as mobile. I have cats and my gaming friends have allergies. _sigh_ I find it more difficult to get a group together for a game at the tabletop than I did when 'we were all young and had available time'. Still, I like to get my game on.

Part of my work in the gaming industry involved bringing many of the big companies into the digital age - I started this back in the mid 1980's btw, and was active in the industry throughout, until my injury changed my lifestyle. Due to my health issues along with my familiarity regarding computers and networks, I sought a solution and in this quest encountered a game engine that was like no other before or since.

In 2003, BIOWARE Inc. released a D&D 3e based game called Neverwinter Nights. The product included several distinct softwares, and although the game sold very well it was in the main ill-understood by the consumers. MOST of the people who played it, played it like any other 'computer video game', playing through the 'adventure in the box' and thinking 'that is the game'. Neverwinter Nights (aka NWN) also included multiplayer support (this was at a time when MMO was the rage, and other titles overshadowed NWN in that arena. I mentioned that this product had several distinct softwares in the package; these include the player software (what most everyone used), a DM software, a builder's Toolset software, and a server software for hosting NWN modules.

NWN was built to play D&D, as with a DM and small party, in a setting as custom as you wanna. This was a modders paradise. I've long been a computer programmer, and this enticed me with a language that I'd wanted to learn anyway (NWN uses C language) and being laid-up with an injury I dove into the Toolset and never looked back.

Here I am, more than a decade later - and we're playing D&D on our custom campaign setting NWN server. I run a Neverwinter Nights server, which is a game engine that permits D&D rules-based role play and features 3D video-game style play. If you are up for some 3e/3.5e D&D, Neverwinter Nights might be the thing you seek...

You can join us anytime! Some of our DMs use skype / teamspeak / etc. to enable voice in-game. We use Neverwinter Nights as our virtual tabletop it is a licensed D&D game based on 3e / 3.5e rules.

Neverwinter Nights (NWN) is a good base from which to start, as it includes PLAYER and DM software as well as a solid TOOLSET that allowed us to build our game world which features 1337+ areas your PC can visit, including more than 100 areas that are 'blank zones' that DMs dress-up to simulate locations not otherwise built-into our nwn game server.

We enhanced the ROLE PLAYING aspects of this game by creating our IMMERSION TOOLS - a two part toolset that enables PLAYERS to record a backstory for their PC, and both the DMs and the game itself reads from this backstory to enhance game play. Our DMs 'get to know' PCs quickly, and you may find a PC involved in adventures to rescue kidnapped siblings, or visited by a grandfather's ghost (and yes, your PC looks a lot like they do).

We have added over 100 spells from D&D to our NWN server, spells including Wish, Wall of Ice (melts too), Blink and more! We have enabled additional modes of movement including FLY, SWIM, CLIMB (both with and without ropes), SWING (from ropes and vines), JUMP and SQUEEZE-THROUGH-TIGHT-SPACES.

PLAYERS are free to play solo (a great way to get to know the game controls, your PCs capabilities and even explore the world some), but the game really is meant to be a sandbox for DM and PARTY. The sandbox features an excellent 'jumping off' location; the city of Dohral where all starting PCs find their ship diverted to in dire need, driven by storms and damage to the craft requiring repair. Why have the gods brought you here? Perhaps the coming days will reveal that, for now, a strange city and stranger lands beyond it lay before your PC.

We have several DMs active presently, in time zones from eastern Europe to several USA time zones. You are welcome to join us anytime.

To do so you need a copy of NWN, which you can find for $9.99 or less at

https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter...iamond_edition

NOTE if you purchase the game from gog.com you will need to request a "unique cd key" to enable multiplayer play... use the link on this page to do so:

https://www.gog.com/support/neverwin...nights_diamond

If you would like to read more about the NWN game server we built, see these links.

http://argentumregio.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page?&cb=8705

http://aldohral.forumotion.com/forum

http://playnwn.hopto.org/

If you'd be interested in visiting, I'd be happy to guide you on a tour of our tutorial area (dubbed "Noob U.") where you can get some free gear, up to four free levels (optional), and examine the game controls without imperiling your PC (death is nerfed in Noob U.).

Free smokebombs for you if I see you on the server. :D

Be well. Game on!

GM_ODA

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hey Everyone!

I know it's been a long time since something like this has happened but I'm going to be running a D&D 4th Edition campaign for Keep on the Shadowfell. We currently have four - five possible people, but could always use more. If you can post often and want to play go here.

For reference here is the:
    Spoiler: Big 16
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

D&D 4th Editions Essentials

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Forgotten Realms DR 1479 The Year of the Ageless One. This is when the Spellplague has stabalized and is roughly 10 years before the beginning of 5th Edition (if you want a timeline). As for the specific place, you all are going to begin in the city of Arabel, one of the major cities in the empire of Cormyr. However, it is important to note that the Purple Dragon Knights are stretched quite thin at this point. Even though the spellplague has stabalized, many towns and villages were affected and Cormyr tried to aid them by allowing them to join their empire. This stretched the already thin Purple Dragon Knights to the equivalent of a sheet of paper. As a result, the empire has been funding and employing many adventuring groups to take care of the problems while the knights themselves simply patrol, taking some of the pressure off of their hands. There are several laws that do pertain to adventurers as well as the empire itself of Cormyr. They are as follows:

1. All persons entering Cormyr must register with the officials of a border garrison.
    2. Foreign currency can only be used in certain locations. Please exchange your coins for Cormyrean golden lions at your first opportunity.
    3. Adventurers must acquire a charter before undertaking any operation as a group.
    (This is an additional subset of that rule) a) If two groups find that they have a charter and are heading to a similar area or working towards a common goal they can join up and form a group. Both charters must still be valid in order for this union to occur.
    4. All weapons must be peace-bonded. The only persons exempt from this law are members of chartered adventuring groups and members of mercenary groups that can offer proof of employment.
    5. Harming cats is forbidden.
    6. Bow your head to royalty and the local nobility.
    7. Purple Dragons have the right to search you upon request.
    8. Hunting on private land is forbidden.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

I am looking for 4-6 players, I will be taking two alternates if we get more than that. Everyone who applies must be able to post 1+ / day. The OP is automatically in the 4-6.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

OOTS

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Level 1

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

You will begin with 100 gp, as described in Heroes of the Fallen Lands.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

All classes from the sources are allowed. See #16 about what sources you can use.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

All classes from the sources are allowed. See #16 about what sources you can use.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

4d6b3 x 6, if you would then rather use one of the provided stat arrays in Heroes of the Fallen Lands (16/14/14/11/10/10, 18/14/11/10/10/8, or 16/16/12/11/11/8) then you may.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Standard Esssentials alignment, except no evil, only neutral, good, or lawful good. Also, please don't take neutral as an excuse to be evil. You guys are heroes! Also you all did sign a charter to be considered an adventuring group (which I'll get into detail more with the IC).

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

No Multi-Classing. Unless your source has the feat for it.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

I will be doing all of my die rolls in secret. You all will be using this forum to make the die rolls.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

No homebrewed rules will be used. Everything discussed in the rules is what the rules are. If you wish you may choose a background or a theme, and this is not bound by rule #16. It must be from an official source, however.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Character background is required, but not that much. Literally you could write: "He came from house, with parents dead. Go to big city and have adventure!" (I understand that the grammar there is abysmal [not abyssal] it's an example of the low requirement). Although I do promise to read all of your background if you so choose to write it out.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

It's a pre-made module, but I will tell you that it is a lot of hack and slash, there is also some roleplaying (which I will try to increase) and finally a tiny bit of puzzle solving. I would say it accounts to around 65% hack n' slash, 30% RP, and 5% puzzles.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

Indeed, you may use the standard essentials products: Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms and Forgotten Lands as well as one additional sourcebook (so no additional core rulebooks) which means you can pick something like Divine Power or Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. However, if it is a campaign setting you can only use the forgotten realms. Magazines count as your one sourcebook. This can be discussed if you really want to play a certain build, but I would prefer if you did not.

29. - Top - End - #599

Hello all! I'm looking someone to fill the 5th spot in the party for the game I'm running. It's a 5th edition game set on the high seas, and your character should start at 3rd level.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...tical-nonsense
    My apologies to any of the players in the 4th edition DnD games I was running. I know I vanished abruptly, you guys didn't deserve that.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Dwarf in the Playground

Points of Light: Ancient Empires

"Nations often build themselves into fruitful lands, where the land provides plenty, and the materials necessary to forge a strong alliance between hopeful peoples are groomed meticulously by master diplomats and courageous warriors striving for peace. Just as often, nations fall apart into dissent and hate, but every so often a rare empire rises with glory unlike any of the fluidly changing governments plaguing the planet. Arkhosia is a land where every member of society is a deadly force, where discipline and structure reigns supreme, and where essentially every building commands, "bow and pray to your god: for here, we be dragons". Bael-Turath holds many secrets, the least of which was revealed only a few decades ago in the form of their devilish leadership, which has provided an undeniable iron grasp over their previously unruly frontier territory. Minor lands have already risen and fallen over the lifetime of the greats, and some continue to try their luck with the petty squabbles and political gambles that mark fettered leaders. Magic dots the landscape like a pox, bringing life to animates and running powerful engines of invention. Perhaps something out there is worth all the trouble..."

Looking for players to bring the total back up to a minimum of four (maximum of seven); it looks like we're currently at only one, though I may be wrong. Posting rate is once a week, we're playing 4th edition Dungeons & Dragons, and you'd start at level 1. After you're invited to the game, and choose your color, I'll need a general idea of your character sheet. Private message me here for more info.
    Last edited by Devigor; 2017-03-30 at 11:28 PM.
    The Battle Magician

"78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature." I started my first campaign with a mercenary general investigating each member as individuals and then bringing them together as a team. Kind of like Nick Fury and the Avengers, except with magic and a distinct lack of heroism in favor of deeper, more intricately (and coherently) woven character lore.