New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Currently Recruiting Players

Recruiting a replacement player or two for our long-running BECMI/Rules Cyclopedia PbP game: Old Ways. Please PM me with your interest.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

2. - Top - End - #302
    Pixie in the Playground

The Berwyn Gaming Group represents a small portion of the roleplaying community in the greater Chicago area. We are players and DMs from all walks of life, representing decades of experience through at least four incarnations of the D&D system. Anyone with the desire to play or run a campaign is welcome!

Quick Questions and Answers
    What does theThe Berwyn Gaming Group Meetup offer?

-We offer a safe, supervised environment to experience D&D (or any roleplaying system). The Meetup Organizer and Assistant Organizers provide a structure for the Meetup to smoothly operate and assistance when needed.

How do I get started?
    -Players: A quick look at the Campaigns page would be the first step if you're looking to join an existing campaign. Once you find a campaign you like, contact the DM to request a seat at the session. He/she should contact you in return with the specifics of the campaign.

-DMs: If you intend on beginning a new campaign, contacting an Organizer for more information would be a good idea. We're always looking for talented DMs to create more roleplaying opportunities for The Berwyn Gaming Group!

What's a Meetup?
    -If you check out our Calendar, a meetup is when the community comes together at the Berwyn Moose Lodge in Berwyn to enjoy some D&D. Meetups are held where you can get down to some serious recreation with other roleplaying enthusiasts. Meetups are usually scheduled on Sundays start between 12pm and 1pm and end by 6:30PM. Contact your DM regarding session length/rules.

What should I bring?
    -Generally speaking you'll need at least paper and a pencil to participate in any campaign. Additional (and recommended) supplies include a set of your own dice, core rulebooks, character sheets, a miniature to represent your character, a snack, and money to get food during the session. We do ask that you purchase drinks from the Lodge. Check with your DM or ask an Organizer for more specific supplies or questions regarding what you can/should bring.

Wait! You didn't answer all my questions!
    -If you have further questions regarding the Meetup you can either post a reply to this thread in the general forum or email an Organizer directly. We'll do our best to answer whatever questions you may have :)

Thanks for stopping by and seeing what we have to offer. We hope to see you soon...good gaming!Meet other local Fantasy Roleplayers, Gamers, Wargamers, LARP'ers and Boardgamers for adventures and fun!

Come to a Meetup to learn a new card game... battle Custer, Napoleon or the Klingons! How about traveling through time and space to explore fantastic worlds ... exploring forgotten dungeons and clash with dark monsters ... enthrall the masses with tales of valor, spin lore even commit heroic feats!

Come out and battle the Empire and save the princess ... Command Legions of armies across enemy territory and take over the world!
    You can do all of this while playing some of the greatest RPG's, boardgames , card games, Fantasy and D20 Games of all time!

Berwyn, Il 60402 Area ... Sun afternoon Game 12pm-? We have age ranges from 13-99+. Come on out and join us for some fun!

Folks, We have a nice place here and can easily accommodate 50+ gamers. We are always looking for new member to come and join us. You don't have to jump into our current adventure, bring your books, your dice, Your favorite card game, a boardgame to share and start you own memories!
    Please, check out our calendar see what we have been up to ... stop by and take a look.
    ~Kevin
    Check out our Calendar of events!!! http://www.meetup.com/Berwyn-Gaming-Group/calendar
    Our Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/BerwynGamersMeetup...

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Currently recruiting players for A song of Ice and Fire.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...F-role-playing

3-5 players for plotting, intrigue and a descent into madness...

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Currently recruiting 4-6 players for a Star Wars Saga game set in the KotoR era.
    Recruitment Thread

5. - Top - End - #305
    Halfling in the Playground

Any number of potential Masters are welcomed to the deadly world of Fate/Outside Exiled, a freeform roleplay where historical heroes and wizards battle to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by LongVin View Post
    Fool! What torments have you unleashed upon the playground! The black gates of the abyss have been thrown asunder and soon all forms of monstroties shall rush forth! Repent! Repent I say! Before the end times! Before it is too late! I can feel the evil in my teeth!

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

PF RotRL only has 3 and a half submissions so far. I know PF APs are pretty popular on here though so: come submit a character.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...spired-RPCheck

This is a game inspired by The Wolf Among Us, and American Gods.
    The year is 2014. . . thousands of years ago, the deities worshiped by old cultures did not require worship to remain on Earth. In around 28 BC to 30 AD, their powers began to weaken at dramatically accelerated rates. . . Zeus became more like one of his subordinate gods, the least important gods became more like demigods. . . Finally, in the 400's AD, almost no power of the old gods from any culture around the world existed outside of important holy places and artifacts, that still gave people place to worship them. Wars, conflict and the spread of cultures eventually whittled down the power of deities to where they became to be thought of as non-entities. In their place, some areas still had connections to their gods, especially isolated cultures, or areas with more complicated theologies.

India still believes in thousands, some say millions of gods or more. China still has worshipers of gods from antiquity, despite their official stance on beliefs as being atheist. In other areas around the world, fairy tale folk, literal fairies, and literary characters from European culture, and otherwise, have taken to living among Humans. However, by the 20th century, deities, all deities, from any faith, save a very select few, cannot maintain a presence in the spiritual realm, and must abide on Earth. There is a mysterious, monstrous presence which is devouring everything outside our Earth dimension. They have dominated the Great Old Ones, and even Shup Nikkurath the Outer God, is their thrall to do their evil deeds.

The Fabled Peoples, and the Mythos, gods and demigods, are collaborating in order to survive in the Modern World. They are being hunted. Murders have started to shake the confidence of the Fabled and Mythos community (communities), and people are suspecting that there are spies working among both societies in order to have specified targets taken down and murdered. Each murder victim has been left with a mark that points to Cthulhu Mythos killings, either ritualistic murders, or just plain assassination.

Rules:
    You must be mature. Yes, Mary Poppins is living in New England, and is as perfectly and practically perfect in every way that she ever was. There are Disney characters co-existing with Video game characters and Deities of Mythological origins all living in close proximities to real world locations. This does not mean that this is a stupid role play where you can be an idiot. This doesn't mean you have to be a boring person with no sense of humor. You can have fun and joke about things, but try to keep most if not all comments like that in the OOC. Also, I'll be kind of stingy if you choose characters in the role play like Mary Poppins, even though she's there. Despite this having elements that are easy to muddy the waters with dumb antics in this, if I catch people goofing off and not treating this role play seriously, I will utilize my Two Handed, Legendary Quality Dragonbone Warhammer on you, and you won't like it.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fallout: The Falls

A tabletop game inspired by the fallout franchise and using the Fallout Pen n' Paper V2.0 rules. The game will be set in and around the Niagara Falls region of the Fallout Universe. The game will contain major sandbox elements as well as an overarching story.

I intend to run the game through Roll20, and we will more than likely be using Skype to communicate.

I currently have two players, and a tentative third. Currently looking for 1-3 additional players. Any who are interested, you can PM me for more details.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Bugbear in the Playground

D&D 5e

In a world turned sideways

come find out what trouble you can cause

and what cause you will serve.

Maybe you'll be pirates? I've always wanted to run a game with pirates. Or soldiers. Or simple tinkers and tailors. Really, whatever you'd like to be, we can make it something.

You'll be starting out in the midst of battle, though, so better be sturdy than soft.

Now accepting for waitlist
    Last edited by Eulalios; 2014-08-20 at 05:52 AM. Reason: filled

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking to add 1-2 players to the Forbidden Land of Sundara: Insurgency. Starting commensurate with the rest of the party, 42 point buy with additional level up stats. PM if interested.

Edit: Thanks folks. Recruitment closed.
    Last edited by Plushie Arz; 2014-08-31 at 03:39 AM.
    THE FORBIDDEN LAND OF SUNDARA

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

11. - Top - End - #311
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Would you be interested in a D6 system in the world of game of thrones. This would take place before the Tv show like way before. More then likely we would be playing noble houses be them only minor but powerful enough to hold lands.This would be running on English time from 6-10Pm over skype

My user name is Hatchy95
    Feel free to add me

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

In the peak of the roaring twenties, unfortunate souls glanced a peek behind the veil, to learn things to drive men mad, and to become trapped beneath an unbearable truth...

Seeking victims players to join a short Skype campaign of the Call of Cthulhu. We have a Storyteller and one player, looking to add two to four guests to out group. Game will be on Friday nights, 7 pm Eastern Standard until whenever we wrap up (usually around midnight.) All players welcome, no experience necessary. Recruitment thread is here.
    There are no impossible encounters. There is only inadequate preparation.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm looking to run a Throne War under the rules of Amber Diceless RPG. For this to run I'd need at least six PCs, and seven or more would be preferable. The game is PvP. The setting is Roger Zelazny's Amber, as dictated in the Chronicles of Amber, specifically the first five.

Amber Diceless is a rules-light game. Character creation is a competitive affair and goes quickly. Play is also pretty quick. New players can pick up the game in an hour of real time, and get enough of a grip of nuance to play within a day's session. Honestly, you can get a pretty good feel for the rules from the wikipedia page, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_D...leplaying_Game and, if you really want reading material, http://www.thekeep.org/~wombat/AmberRPG/index.html here. You can get the PDF from Drivethru RPG, but you don't really need it. It's an entertaining read.

Really, the rules just aren't that hard. It's the other players you have to watch out for.

Playstyle: the game always feels more deadly than it is. Surprisingly few PCs actually die, but it brings the intensity of a more dangerous game. The game will run PbP, and I check posts once a day. I'd like players to be able to post at every other day. Much of the game will be scheming, and that you can do on your own time.

Plot: fairly straight forward. None of you sit on the throne. Fix that.

edit: Thread thingy: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ber-Throne-War
    Last edited by Miashara; 2014-09-04 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Added link

14. - Top - End - #314
    Pixie in the Playground

Looking for a few beta-testers for my GMless Fudge system. The setting will either be Hyborian Mushroom Kingdom (Gritty Fantasy Mario World) or Project LONG STAIR (America punches a hole into the Dungeonverse). I'l go with whichever one gets the most response.

The recruiting post is here, respond there if you're interested.
    Last edited by abcd_z; 2014-08-20 at 09:52 PM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Barbarian in the Playground

Starting a classic Shadowrun 4E capaign. Looking for 5-6 players. Details here.
    EDIT: filled and started.
    Last edited by SleepyBadger; 2014-09-05 at 01:18 AM.
    Supercool badger-avatar by Xander Morhaime.

16. - Top - End - #316

Level 4 pathfinder game, combat heavy. We could use more healing, even if it's just someone with UMD and a wand of cure light wounds.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ve-the-village

17. - Top - End - #317
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Currently Recruiting 1-2 Players for d6 Iron Kingdoms (+0 GMT)

Writing a book through roleplaying:

Looking for a Group to run Iron Kingdoms for

Disclaimer:
    I will not write a book about the group itself but rather events that the group will involve themselves in.

Quick description:
    A Llalese aristocrat is on the run from khadoran assassins and get involved in events and powerstruggle in Llael between the Llalese nobility, the northern crusade, the Khadoran advance and Cygnaran spies. The concepts of the story has been written but I've taken a break as I need to build the world and events around it to continue, hence the idea to write parts of it through Roleplaying.

groups and what to expect:
    I have 4 players who have choosen Heroes of the resistance as their company, everyone is working for/with the llalese resistance in a game that involved several other factions.
    So, would anyone be interessted in playing in a Iron Kingdoms game that I'm planning to run?

If interessted; send an email to [email protected] for further information.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Play-*Mystery

It's a Post-Apocalyptic Role play. . .
    No world wars, not just terrorism, no global pandemnic or biological warfare, alien invasion or natural disaster has caused this. Click the link to find out how the end begins.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Now gauging interest for a Firely RPG game: Still Flyin'.

I'm not sure we'll actually get this game off the ground, but I thought I'd see if there are enough players here in GitP to play here.

Reply to the thread, if you're interested.

Insufficient interest in a canon characters game.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2014-11-21 at 06:25 PM.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

20. - Top - End - #320

The Strange

The Architect is currently recruiting for a game of The Strange.

Simple Character Creation

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Looking for group to DM.
    Game of mlp, the subject will be chosen by all of us.

intrested?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...P-RIM-season-4
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

22. - Top - End - #322
    Dwarf in the Playground

Maybe I should have posted here.
    Looking for players for a game of Everyone is John. A game about a madman.

Here is the recruiting page.

The gig is up. The IC thread is in my sig if you want to read it.
    Last edited by Tariv Gy; 2014-09-03 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Full
    Spoiler: Same Song Different Chorus
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323

D&D 5e Forgotten Realms - Hill Country

Up east from Calimport, the coastal desert merges into rugged scrubland, from which an upward sloping grassland continues eastward into foothills where rain falls oft enough to raise a forest of pines and other needly trees.

Above the forest are dry mountains, old and smoothed by wind and snowmelt, white capped four months or seven months out of each year.

East along those old mountains, another forest ranges. And beyond that forest, far inland from the grandeur of Calimport, is the barbaric and backward Hill Country. It is there you're sent to find the tomb of an ancient elven King.

We'll start in Calimport, at first level, just leaving the great southern city for the inland trek. I intend the party to reach fifth level by the time you reach Hill Country. PM me your interest and character ideas. I'll put up ooc and ic threads after three interesting PMs.

Three interesting PMs received. Now I will need to write ooc and ic threads ....

Also in response to questions about character motivation, you've each been approached by a middle aged human eunuch fluent in your native language and claiming to represent a wealthy and powerful family. The eunuch's jewelry and opulent yet anonymous garments, along with the letters of credit and introduction and the purse of coin he offered toward traveling costs, substantiate those claims. However, your contact conformed to Calimport's commercial custom in concealment of his contractors' cognomina.
    Last edited by Eulalios; 2014-09-03 at 08:42 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Low magic homebrew world recruiting Here.

Spoiler: Big 16
    Show

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    Pathfinder

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    Homebrew world.
    -Low magic fantasy. Paladins, Rangers, and few archetypes represent how rare magic is in this world.
    -Emerging Firearms

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    3-4 Players

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    OOTS

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    Level 1

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    Choose between roll or class average

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    -If a class has spellcasting at level 1, it is not allowed. Otherwise, any class in the PRD. No psionics.
    -All archetypes for available classes are allowed.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    -Core races
    -The Core Races section of the Advanced Race Guide is approved

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    -28 Point Buy
    -Max hit points at level 1
    -Choose between roll or average hit points after level 1

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    Any non-evil

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    By the book

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system?
    I roll Initiative for the entire group as well as the occasional perception or knowledge check. Otherwise players roll their own dice. All rolls will be within Spoiler tags.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    -Rich Burlew's Diplomacy Homebrew
    -Hero Points, as described in the PRD.
    -2 Traits, 1 Drawback allowed..
    -Magic equipment exists, but will be rare.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    -10 Minute Background required.
    As an experiment, I want to leave this homebrew world fairly open. The world will be built primarily on the feedback of what the players write in their 10 minute backgrounds. Create nations, cities, capitals, leaders, whatever you fancy. I will take and use this information to springboard into a custom world built by the GM and the Players together.
    I tend to scour the 10 Minute Backgrounds for plots to work with. The stories within this game will be designed around the characters, so give me a few plot hooks

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    Balance between roleplaying and hack & slash.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    Paizo PRD
    All content within:
    -Core Rulebook
    -Advanced Players Guide
    -Ultimate Combat
    -Ultimate Magic
    -Advanced Race Guide (Core Races section only)
    Exceptions:
    -No classes that have spellcasting capabilities at level 1.
    -No magic equipment is available for purchase by the players. (However, perhaps there are some magic equipment to be found within this world)

25. - Top - End - #325
    Pixie in the Playground

Cool Story Bro now recruiting!

Dudes of Legend style New World of Darkness IRC!

https://coolstorybro.obsidianportal.com/

It's a pretty casual thing, and there are only two other players so far. We usually just schedule a time and log onto the server. All official game lines are allowed, though Vampire or Mage is preferred since the characters are two mages and a vampire. There's a focus on combat, but we also do a bit of RP for the social side of the game.

Anyone interested may contact me (Norma) through Obsidianportal, private message me here on the Giantitp forums, or message me (User name: Upsidedownnightmares) on Reddit.

No mall ninjas or perverts.

26. - Top - End - #326

Perilous Reclamation:

Player driven Western Marches, Pathfinder, Sandbox game.

Go where you want, when you want. Reshape the world as best you can.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...r-more-players
    Currently running Perilous Reclamation:

Recruitment Thread: here
    IC Thread: here
    OOC Thread: here

27. - Top - End - #327

Forgotten Realms 5e: Calimport to Erlkazar

Link to OOC "Hill Country" will be in my SIG as long as the game is running. OOC op has link to IC op.

Looking for someone who'd like to take over a Sailor turned Monk, or for anyone interested in exploring Calimport, Erlkazar, the Marching Mountains, the Mir Wood, or anywhere else in Faerun.

PM me if interest.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Recruiting for a brand new 5E campaign, using Roll20 virtual tabletop and G+ Hangouts.

GITP forum post
    Roll20 LFG post
    Roll20 campaign link

Full up, thanks all!
    Last edited by Jake; 2014-09-14 at 08:44 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...5#post18144155

looking for up to 2 more players for a 5E campaign, details inside.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

------

Deleted. . . I'm making another link.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2014-09-29 at 09:45 AM.