New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Currently Recruiting Players

I'm still looking for a game to join if anyone has one. 5e D and D preferred.

2. - Top - End - #662

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Leostales View Post
    I'm still looking for a game to join if anyone has one. 5e D and D preferred.
    I think I have a game now, I still might join another game if it sounds interesting.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi, new-to-PbP person here! I've been playing TTRPGs for six or seven years now, and I'm quite familiar with Pathfinder since that's the majority of what I've been playing for the past four or so years. I'm somewhat familiar with D&D 5e and a little less on 3.5, but I'm open to learn and play whatever.

It's been entirely homebrew settings so far, but everything else has been by the book.

My schedule has finally evened out, and if anyone is looking for a player, let me know!

4. - Top - End - #664
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Hello! I am looking for just about any game to join, I am new to play by post gaming but I've got about 3 years of experience roleplaying in threads without games, I'm also very familliar with 5e since that's my go to game IRL.
    I am very interested in just about any game system which I could join with, but I might need some help starting out with them (I learn rather quick though).

5. - Top - End - #665
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

I have not done this in a while. Want to find a Star Wars Saga Edition game to play. If anyone is hosting one or thinking of hosting one PM me.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ll-Recruiting)
    via Imgflip Meme Generator
    Less than half my player base of around 8 players are gone. Therefore I'm looking from around 4-6 players to recruit. The game has different GMs right now, and I'm thinking of joining, but I started the RP over again and there are still players interested in continuing the game. The premise of Reincarnation Wars is that you are the ordinary people who have inherited the magical/or otherwise paranormal powers and/or abilities of fictional, or non-fictional characters. Thus, you could have someone with Gandalf, Link, and Ryu as your starting reincarnations, and thus have the Master Sword, the ability to shoot hadokens, and come back as "The White" like Gandalf did.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2018-04-13 at 11:02 AM.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Hey everyone,

I'm new to PbP and ready to go. I looking to get experience in this play style. I have been playing DnD for almost 18yrs mostly 3.5, Pathfinder and homebrew D20. I have played some star wars and warhammer as well. I looking for a group ready for PbP newb.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Bugbear in the Playground

Recruiting for a D&D 5e game.

Totalpolis is the largest city on the continent, a symbol of prosperity and civilization. However, a prophecy fortells that the city's time will soon come to an end - the third son of the king has hired you to help find out if the prophecy is true...

So far, the players did a level 0 prologue and have just gotten to level 1. You'll join the team investigating a line of the prophecy. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

In Character

OOC

9. - Top - End - #669
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Reincarnation wars game

Looking for players. Rebooting after the last one stagnated. Interesting premise with a rules lite format.

Basic idea you are a normal person who one day becomes empowered by souls that were past lives in a multiverse setting. You use your powers to fight some great threat causing problems across the multiverse.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...8#post23061438
    Last edited by danelb121; 2018-05-10 at 10:37 PM.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

I am looking for either a 5E or a Dungeon Crawl Classics (DCC) game. I have 2 years of D&D exp but new to play-by-post games. I am intrigued about the level of RP that seems to be achievable from what I have seen. I can post multiple times/week but not likely available multiple times/day (workload varies from week to week)

11. - Top - End - #671
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

A sphere one shot

Looking for 4-6 players

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

New to RPG forums in general, looking for play-by-post games to play in, specifically Pathfinder, good to go.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Dwarf in the Playground

New to the forum.

Looking for a Play-by-Post in either DnD 5e or Monster of the Week.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Halfling in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

always interested in anything to do with nation building or World of darkness

15. - Top - End - #675
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Just signed onto the site today

Looking for a Play-by-Post, specifically a DnD 5e or Pathfinder game. Anything along the lines of lines of World of Darkness or Dungeon World would also be acceptable

16. - Top - End - #676
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Recently joined forum. Looking for D&D 5e game.

Can post several times a day.

DM me if you’re interested.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

We are currently recruiting one player for a 3rd-level beginner pathfinder game.

We just started, and are in need of a replacement player as one left for its own reasons.

Here's a link to the recruitment thread, thank you :D
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ll-Recruiting)

Less than half my player base of around 8 players are gone. Therefore I'm looking from around 4-6 players to recruit. The game has different GMs right now, and I'm thinking of joining, but I started the RP over again and there are still players interested in continuing the game. The premise of Reincarnation Wars is that you are the ordinary people who have inherited the magical/or otherwise paranormal powers and/or abilities of fictional, or non-fictional characters.

Reincarnation Wars has a proud tradition of either lasting for a very long time or never getting off the ground. There seems to be no middle ground. I don't know why. Anyway, this is rules lite, so there doesn't need to be a Big Sixteen.

Reincarnation Wars is a simply premised RP idea. You begin as a normal character with no powers, suddenly finding themselves with abilities and power granted to them for being the reincarnations of fictional characters with those powers. You have the ability to speak with your reincarnations, called "Souls" inside your own mind.

At the start of the RP you are identified as a chosen person, marked by some kind of omnipotent being, or something such as the "Universe" a god or entity to receive powers from their past lives.

Character Creation has some rules. You can choose to have past lives, mentioned before as "souls" that a player can only have one per life time, per franchise. For example, if you, the player, want to be someone from Final Fantasy, you can choose to have Cloud. You can't have both Cloud and Sephiroth, however, because they are both alive at the same time, and thus not viable candidates for reincarnated past lives.

The power level for characters is generally, "Very high, but not over powered". Like, JRPG Final Boss power level as a Power Level Cap. Or generally, "Elminster" No, you can't have a Chaos God as a reincarnation to draw power from, no omnipotents, near omnipotents or ultipotents. So significant reality warpers, aside from someone who can cast a wish spell or something similar.

You can't have significant time warping, you can't have true invincibility, you can't have significant power theft, aside from a few restrictions. Sylar, from Heroe's for example, early Sylar, needed to open someone's brain and defeat them to take their power. Rogue from the X-Men needs physical contact, as another example.

Finally, the goal of this role play is to rise up and defeat a powerful multiversal threat that is capable of devouring everything.

Lastly, here are some fast and loose rules in general:

Obey TOS
    Listen To thy most prodigious GM(s), me.
    Do not type one liners.
    Do not troll.
    If in doubt about the character creation, ask me, Doctor GunsforHands or Gawwy

19. - Top - End - #679
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

A time-travel retread of the 5e starter kit adventure, for those who have played through the adventure before:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ver-Lost-Again
    GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    DEGENERATION 90: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. antisocial experiment.
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.
    A census office. Quest: convince the workers that 32.21% of statistics are made up.

20. - Top - End - #680

DwarfFighterGuy

Argentum Regio - a phrase meaning "Land of the Silver King" in the language of the old Legardian empire. In the days of the empire, they did extract silver, tons of silver from the region, their methods leaving destruction in their wake. These methods proved unpopular with local Druid groups and somewhere in the less chronicled annals of history - the two sides engaged in a number of scuffles up and down the coast now known by the name given it by that long defunct foreign empire.

In modern times, dwarves have settled the region and they have their own 'Silver King' - the deep veins were untouched by the old empire but the dwarves know how to get at it. The local dwarves economy gained a boost when a human merchant contracted with the dwarves to found a city nearby along the coast (about 200 years ago) - the human client state now supplies the dwarves with goods from abroad and locally harvested timber in exchange for silver and other dwarven wares.

PLAYERS WANTED - we have several DMs (are recruiting more) and offer adventures set in a vast game world. PCs arrive by way of being on a long ship voyage (it matters not where you started or intended to go) - severe storms at sea have driven the ship to urgently seek harbor and that harbor as it would happen is Dohral. The dwarves' human-run client-state - gods know why you have been deposited here, but you can be certain that the mystery will not long go unrevealed.

You can join us anytime! Some of our DMs use skype / teamspeak / etc. to enable voice in-game. We use Neverwinter Nights as our virtual tabletop it is a licensed D&D game based on 3e / 3.5e rules.

Neverwinter Nights (NWN) is a good base from which to start, as it includes PLAYER and DM software as well as a solid TOOLSET that allowed us to build our game world which features 1337+ areas your PC can visit, including more than 100 areas that are 'blank zones' that DMs dress-up to simulate locations not otherwise built-into our nwn game server.

We enhanced the ROLE PLAYING aspects of this game by creating our IMMERSION TOOLS - a two part toolset that enables PLAYERS to record a backstory for their PC, and both the DMs and the game itself reads from this backstory to enhance game play. Our DMs 'get to know' PCs quickly, and you may find a PC involved in adventures to rescue kidnapped siblings, or visited by a grandfather's ghost (and yes, your PC looks a lot like they do).

We have added over 100 spells from D&D to our NWN server, spells including Wish, Wall of Ice (melts too), Blink and more! We have enabled additional modes of movement including FLY, SWIM, CLIMB (both with and without ropes), SWING (from ropes and vines), JUMP and SQUEEZE-THROUGH-TIGHT-SPACES.

PLAYERS are free to play solo (a great way to get to know the game controls, your PCs capabilities and even explore the world some), but the game really is meant to be a sandbox for DM and PARTY. The sandbox features an excellent 'jumping off' location; the city of Dohral where all starting PCs find their ship diverted to in dire need, driven by storms and damage to the craft requiring repair. Why have the gods brought you here? Perhaps the coming days will reveal that, for now, a strange city and stranger lands beyond it lay before your PC.

We have several DMs active presently, in time zones from eastern europe to several USA time zones. You are welcome to join us anytime.

To do so you need a copy of NWN or NWN:EE (we host two servers, NWN:EE is the more popular).

If you would like to read more about the NWN game server we built, see these links.

http://argentumregio.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page?&cb=8705

http://aldohral.forumotion.com/forum

http://playnwn.hopto.org

(*this web site has been acting up lately, if offline, see...

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106...//playnwn.com/

^ archive of our website

If you'd be interested in visiting, I'd be happy to guide you on a tour of our tutorial area (dubbed "Noob U.") where you can get some free gear, up to four free levels (optional), and examine the game controls without imperiling your PC (death is nerfed in Noob U.).

To join DM'd scheduled events, post in our forum (DMs will respond). Note our DMs also do impromptu events aka 'pick-up' events for players who happen to be on the server when time permits a one-shot romp. :D

Free smokebombs for you if I see you on the server. :D

Be well. Game on!

GM_ODA

21. - Top - End - #681
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi guys,

Found a link to this forum on Reddit, haven't played DND for a year or so, really excited at the prospect of getting back into it.

If anyone is looking for a player ideally for a Skype text/similar setup then give me a shout!

Have previously played 4e and 5e, open for whatever versions work best for text based play.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Recruiting players for:

Star Trek Adventures, using M. E. new rule book:Star Trek Adventures

Star Wars Saga Edition, special Imperial Project game: Imperial Order
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

23. - Top - End - #683
    Pixie in the Playground

Guardians of the Multiverse

A Massive Crossover RPG bringing in any and all elements of fiction to save the Multiverse from collapse!

Looking for players to take on the role of their favorite names in fiction!

Game of Thrones, Evangelion, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Supernatural, etc etc etc! The list is endless!

You name it; then play it!

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

This is a free form role play, I'm hoping to get six to eight players. Basically, characters choose anyone who's been involved with Disney as a character, and I will approve or disapprove. Like Once Upon A Time, there will be Seasons of the role play.

The Plot:
    Chernabog has taken it upon himself to raise all the dead in all the realms and conquer them all with an evil curse. It's up to us to stop it.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...interest-check

25. - Top - End - #685
    Troll in the Playground

I am looking for one additional player for a game.

A simple rpg game.

That player will choose a simple concept for a character, a pixelated sprite to represent that character, which I will insert into a room with three others. After which, those characters will make a series of choices, a combination of said choices will lead to an ultimate conclusion.

Further details here.
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

Extended Sig.

Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

Spoiler: Full image
    Show

26. - Top - End - #686

OldWizardGuy

Hello! I just began recruiting for a game set in the 1979 World of Greyhawk boxed set version of well, Greyhawk. No deep knowledge of Greyhawk canon required; I just love this iteration of the world and Greyhawk’s generally deep imprint on D&D.

Game full!
    Last edited by BravoZulu; 2018-08-05 at 01:19 PM.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Looking for players for A Tale of Truth. It's a world ruled by mean Elven overlords where the PC's start with very few strengths and will gain prowess and skill as they progress through the story and explore the world.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi Friends.

I'm looking for up to 2-3 players for online Table-Top Simulator based games. We already have a couple of regular players, and we want to fill out our roster so we have enough for a regular group.
    We are seeking casual players with a love of story-telling.

We have two different alternating games that go once every two weeks. So one game, then two weeks later the next game, and so on.
    Time slot is Sunday, Noon EDT. Sessions may be 4-5 hours long.

We'd love to find players who are interested in both of our games, but we'd consider players for only the individual games.
    We try to keep the games light on systems because of the online nature.
    We are story and character focused. Power games please do not apply!

Game #1 is 3.5 Ebberon: https://heraldsofthestorm.obsidianportal.com/
    Game #2 is a GURPS powered Space Opera - homebrew: https://gurps-4.obsidianportal.com/

Those wishing to play, should please send me a PM via the forums.
    Last edited by kbk; 2018-08-12 at 11:42 AM.

29. - Top - End - #689

DruidGuy

I'm looking for 1-3 players for a short Pathfinder game. It'll be starting at level 2. The premise is that there is something called the Wilderness, about which hardly anything is know for certain, but it is an ever dark, dreadful land. Now, people from a neighbouring village have been disappearing and the local noble has asked the PCs to investigate and solve the issue.

Here's the link: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...e-Haunted-Fort

EDIT: Okay, game's full now.
    Last edited by MrSandman; 2018-08-14 at 03:17 PM.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Hello all,
    We have recently decided, by request of players, to expand our game setting to fit all of the Classic World of Darkness venues. The current setting listed is for the VtM side, with other venue main settings to come in the future. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Thanks for checking out the ad, we do appreciate it!!

setting: Las Vegas, once the pride gem of the Camarilla hold upon the Western coast. Unconquerable for many years by any other faction. But that would only last for so long, before a corrupted.. power seeking Toreador obtained the title of Baron. The first few years seemed to go smoothly, but that was just due to Baron Anthony was learning the ropes and that of those that stood behind him. As time continued to pass, Anthony wanted more.. including getting into the casino business. This action would upset both the ArchBishop and remaining Elders. Anthony became too flashy and was on the verge of breaking the Masquerade, remaining quite powerful which lead to jeopardize both the Camarilla’s and Sabbat’s presence within the city. His meetings within the Rothsteins were unknown.. but could have been regarding ghosts, old gangster money and rumors of mysterious treasures buried within the Vegas deserts. With Anthony being willing to jeopardize so much, it would lead to his down fall.. being murdered. Each faction seemed to have a good reason to do the deed. But just which one, was the question that remained. The Sabbat seemed to gain more presence within the city, making them the lead faction. But as Vegas was within the Anarch Free States, that would raise enough concern for all factions to try and obtain control of the territory.

play location: We mainly use Discord (text based, no voice) for play, but there is the option of forums for those that would prefer. Otherwise, the forums will simply be used as a place for CS and history purpose for game play.

accepted game settings: Vampire: the Masquerade, Werewolf: the Apocalypse, Mage: the Ascension, Wraith: the Oblivion, Changeling: the Dreaming, Mummy: the Resurrection and Demon: the Fallen

how to join: Its simple! Come check us out by visiting our website or on Discord. If interested, simply submit a character sheet to the proper Storyteller along with following the character creation rules upon our website and the proper core book of your chosen venue. Once approved, you will be moved to your venue role and all good to play. There is no set time frame of play, since everyone lives all over.. so there is nearly play of some sort taking place on the server!

discord: discord.gg/tnXac6Z