New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Possible In-Person Players?

(TL-DR: I prefer to play in-person old-school style in WPB, FL area. I might try Roll20, Fantasygrounds, Discord, etc. but I've never used those before.)

Long-story: I'm looking for players to start a Waterdeep/Undermountain campaign - NOT Dragon Heist or Dungeon of the Mad Mage - using 2nd and 3rd ed. sources.

This is intended for "old-school" style; specifically, the core rules will be from 3.5e with a lot of borrowing from other edditions, plenty of homebrew content and house rules.

Ideally, I would like to play in-person with a group of 3 to 5 other people, but I have been considering over-the-Internet options ..

So please contact me if -
    1. You live nearby (i.e. from Jupiter to Lake Worth, Florida: Palm Beach Gardens - Lake Park - North Palm Beach area, especially) and want to play in an old-school flavored game(*) with an old, experienced dungeon master(**).

2. You can suggest other places where I can find players in my area or offer recommendations for online play possibilities. I've only ever played Dungeons & Dragons in-person, so I don't know how to use any of these newfangled gadgets to play with other people on a computer.

3. You want to ask questions about my gaming experience, my campaign, house rules, or anything else D&D related.

* While there will be plenty of opportunity for socialization and roleplay, the campaign is meant to be an old-fashioned 'kill the monster and take the treasure' dungeon crawl (at least until the main story plot is revealed and things get more interesting <evil DM laugh>). Characters will start the actual adventure at 3rd level, but there will be a 0th - 1st level "flashback scene" to get everyone used to his or her character and the rules first.

** I have been playing D&D (mostly as the DM) since the late-80s / early-90s. I started with 2nd ed. and only recently converted to 3.5 a couple years ago. I have no intention of ever playing 5e.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Default Re: Currently Recruiting Players

Custom automated play by post system taking on more players.

Create your character as you play and then enter this scenario when you are ready: Exorcism At Willow's Creek.

The setting is medieval fantasy and the hero is you.

Last edited by PBPgamemaster; 2019-04-09 at 06:38 AM.
    RulerOfKings.com Medieval Text RPG
    Do not just read the story, become it and decide the ending.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Bugbear in the Playground

Always accepting new players for an in-person D&D 3.5 community. Groups are based out of Greenville, SC and Tampa, FL, with access for online players fairly regularly via Discord videochat. Message me for contact info. A few notes are given below so you know what you're asking about.

Spoiler: A few things to know
    Show
    System is D&D 3.5e, mostly core but other content will be considered. (We balance to early 3.5, not late 3.5.)
    Adventures mostly play out as a string of one-shots, but characters persist and will interact with bigger picture stories and frequently encounter familiar characters and settings.
    Time passes - a month IRL is a year in-game. Time skips might happen about once a year.
    The world is not static. Things change, often driven by the players.
    We don't restrict players from being evil. We have found that when a player works against the community, the issue... self-corrects.
    We start at level 1, but you'll level quickly (once per session for the first 2-3 levels) and your first PC with us is level 3 anyway.
    There's usually at least one session a week, sometimes more. Timing varies, usually weekday evenings though.
    We have players all over the upstate, with potential session locations from Clemson, to Taylors, to Simpsonville.
    If you need me for anything, or I forgot about something, PM me and I'll see it.
    Undead- er, undying gratitude to linklele for the avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by frogglesmash View Post
    I guess I'll amend my original statement and instead say that Pathfinder is close enough to 3.5 to spark an argument about how close it actually is.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Re: Currently Recruiting Players

Gurps 4e hard scifi.
    Playing over Roll20 with Discord VC.
    5am UTC Saturdays. Subject to be shifted about for your convenience. Sessions generally 3 hrs.
    I'm not a particularly experienced GM, and this is my first GURPS 4e game.

Current long term campaign goal: escape this planet (alive hopefully)

Currently 8 sessions in, not much to catch up on.

If interested, please send me a forum message so we can connect over Discord and talk more. Happy to answer any questions.
    "You... little... *****. It's what my old man called me, it's like it was my name, and I proved him right, by killing all the wrong people. [And], I love ya Henry, and I'll never call you anything but your name, but you gotta decide; are you gonna lay there, swallow that blood in your mouth, or are you gonna stand up, spit it out, and go spill theirs?" - Unknown

5. - Top - End - #725
    Troll in the Playground

Been running a 3.5 gestalt monster game for over a year on Giantitp, and I want a few more players to write with!
    I use Rokugan as a setting, with deviations from the canonical story. You need not be too familiar with the L5R setting, but it can help. The country of Rokugan has existed for over 2 generations since any credible threat has knocked on their borders, and much of the country has fallen into relaxed prosperity. Recently, several accidents among the various clans have had inadequate response or have been unaddressed, and the country faces more serious risks than the clan leaders will accept. But Corvus, what does this have to do with me? What an excellent question!

The party is a group of antiheroes given tasks by a mysterious DARK VOICE that asks them to shake country up so it doesn't remain in courtly excess and softness. Help the Rokugani sober up and address the coming conflicts by whatever means you see fit. The PCs are just starting to become powerful enough to take bold steps instead of skulking in the shadows, and I think it would be better to have a few more to come along.

Still interested? Want to make a character? Excellent. I want level 8 characters in the Tier 3-2 range. I've reduced feat taxes and skill strain, so take a look at the original recruitment post for all those details. If you've designed a class, bring it along to test it here!

If you want to write with us and join a game that will last, please send me a PM or ping me on Discord!
    Spoiler: My discord name is as follows
    Show

~Corvus~
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2019-07-19 at 06:22 PM.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    Playing Thorn in Knee Breakers

more

6. - Top - End - #726
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Veteran DM getting back into the swing of things in the Milwaukee, WI area.

Currently working on Tomb of Annihilation with heavy plot changes (8 games in and the curse hasn't started yet). Depending on the group that forms, I have two possible campaigns of my own that could be done after that, or keep it simple and use published material modified so the plots make more sense.

The ideal player would be about the same and could bring in some creativity into the group, able to talk logic, not be afraid of snarky humor, and be a decent person I could talk to after game too. My wife plays with us but had died just as often than other players (I have slept on the couch before). Could be open to 2 players, but after that logistics get tricky.

We meet every 3-4 weeks usually on Saturdays. Players We usually stick to the books, but I am playing around with ways to use money better and know how to manage homebrew (see my links).

7. - Top - End - #727
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'm starting a DND 5e game using the program maptools for the virtual tabletop.

The game will run Fridays at 7:30 CST and we use discord for OOC group chat.

This will be an rp heavy game in a homebrew setting similar in tech to 1920's Europe.

If your interested, feel free to pm me or ping me on discord on Lethys#5674

8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...se)-Recruiting

Earth shares some portals with a magical fantasy world similar to Third Earth from the Original Thundercats. Meaning, a world where most life is populated by anthropomorphic entities such as beastmen and catmen, etcetera, a world of mysterious origins that could be linked with Earth, for example, but has a mixture of archaic technology with some more modern and sci fi combinations. The fantasy world is likely post Apocalyptic and has been in the process of restoring civilization for centuries, and this is where you come in, in lieu with power sets given to characters who exist in fiction.

It wouldn't start out as a save the world scenario, it would be more like an investigation in what is going on, how did you get there, why do you have your powers, and how do you get back home?
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2019-04-28 at 10:12 PM.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

Empire 5! Galactic Empire is now starting recruiting.

Empire! is a long running Community World Building Game. A game of gods, kings and adventurers. In this game, you will play a leader of a region. And once s/he dies, you will play their heir and so on, continuing on the family legacy. You scheme, discover and conquer your way towards becoming the most-remembered person in history. Respected, loved, feared.

This universe will start as a space-faring intergalactic community of alien races establishing first contact with other intelligent denizens of the galaxy, but through the actions of players and random events the scope of the world will expand, science marches on and magic will be enhanced. Magic is spread throughout the galaxy, though for many it has been replaced with technological advancement. Monsters may abound in players’ regions; strange natural resources, the crafts of advanced science, powerful psionics, and lost ancient knowledge may be at their use.

Best beware if you want to ensure your legacy.

------------- Note:

There is no 'winning' in this game. There is only 'having fun' and 'being creative'. There are situations that you will come out as the victor, but also situations where you will be the loser. If you are looking for a game where you can be 'the winner' all the time, you may want to look elsewhere. But if you want a game where you can role play with a vast group of veteran players who are more than happy to make new friends and walk you through creating your own Stellar Power? Welcome. We hope to see you there!
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

10. - Top - End - #730
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

The Council of Cavan
    Now recruiting.

Play as a council of 6 in charge of a medium sized city state. I'm aiming for a game somewhere between a particularly political RPG, and a game of Civilization (or some other empire building game). The story takes place over months and years, rather than days or weeks.

Something of an experiment, I plan to run a relatively short campaign, just to see how this concept of works.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Tales of the Library is opening recruiting for 1 player , D&D 3.5 the party is composed as follow :

1. Wizard
    2. Cleric
    3. Bard
    4. Factotum

the party need a Fighter class character, (fighter, Barbarian, monk or others)
    please do not choose psionic classes

the Adventure plot can be summarized as follows :

the party has teamed up with an "Archeologist" and they discovered an hidden technology from a forgotten empire, unofrtunately it is not fully working and they are now looking for a power source in the north area of the Faerun

whoever is interested to participate please PM me

12. - Top - End - #732

Hong Kong, 2019

It's been over two decades since the handover of Hong Kong, and the streets are rife with tension. Those out of the know focus solely on obscene housing prices, the erosion of political autonomy, and, of course, the fact there's no more good dramas on TV anymore. But all of this is just a happy lie people tell themselves.

The truth is much more sinister. The world's most powerful monsters, both western and eastern in origin, are laying claim to the former colony. Old, proud scourges of Black Court Vampires find themselves being undermined from the shadows by Jade Court operatives. The promise of riches in the Pearl of the Ocean has also led to an ongoing battle between the old rich dragons of yesteryear and younger, more ambitious dragons from the mainland. Even wizards, known for their neutrality in mortal affairs are seeing the rise of practitioners taking political sides. Indeed, the city known for its lush multicultural identity has literal monsters and magic-users serving as proxies for the struggle between East and West. It seems such contentions might eventually collapse Hong Kong and take all mortals with it.

The only question left: Where do you stand?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to a Dresden Files Roleplaying Game set in modern-day Hong Kong!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See this link for the rest of the recruitment ad. Looking for 4-5 characters with a post rate of 1 post every 3 days.

13. - Top - End - #733

FILLED

Experienced face-to-face and play-by-post DM, recruiting for a play by post on these forums:

Saqqara and the Restless Dead.

Looking for three to four players who like Ancient Egypt, swords & sorcery, intrigue, horror, and/or the Barbarians of Lemuria rule set. Prefer players who would like to play traditional heroes wielding khopesh and spear, but willing to accept one with career points in Magician and one with career points in Priest. The rule set doesn't use alignments, but selfish / evil characters would be discouraged not only by me but by the very nature of the setting.

On the bluff above the marshy and fertile flood plain, in the hard land at the edge of the Sunset Desert, a city of tombs lurks under the vast purple cloak of the night sky. There is no moon, only the light that shimmers from the stars of Hathor’s Girdle. A faint odor of rotting flesh wafts through the city ...

... Rumors say that the Pharaoh Akhenaten is angry at all the priests of all the Four Halves of the Two Lands – but in this city those rumors have been heard only by the priests of the Osiris Temple.
    Last edited by Tibbius; 2019-06-10 at 10:12 AM.
    Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
    LISTENING to a VANISHED GOD
    Mythistorical bundle

14. - Top - End - #734
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Game title not yet revealed.

Pathfinder, all dwarves. Level 6 start.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

15. - Top - End - #735

Experienced play by post and face to face DM recruiting for a three to four player play by post on these forums.

A mashup of TSR's original Dark Sun campaign setting with S. John Ross' Risus rules.

This can go as goofily silly or as grimly serious as we concur on. My mood is a bit toward the straight-faced side of that spectrum, but there could be room for some zaniness.
    Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
    Mythistorical bundle

16. - Top - End - #736
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Looking for 1-3 more players to join a low fantasy Discord-based campaign. Uses the Blade of The Iron Throne system - if you don't have the system, don't worry, it's easy to learn, easy to loan, cheap when you eventually buy it. It is a low fantasy specific rule set, with exceptional melee mechanics that reflect more realistic swordfights, a focus on player driven story, and game systems that ensure it plays like low fantasy/Sword and Sorcery rather than a "modded" high fantasy system.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KineticDiplomat View Post
    Looking for 1-3 more players to join a low fantasy Discord-based campaign. Uses the Blade of The Iron Throne system - if you don't have the system, don't worry, it's easy to learn, easy to loan, cheap when you eventually buy it. It is a low fantasy specific rule set, with exceptional melee mechanics that reflect more realistic swordfights, a focus on player driven story, and game systems that ensure it plays like low fantasy/Sword and Sorcery rather than a "modded" high fantasy system.
    I'd be very interested. Havent played the system before but Im down to learn, my discord is [3rdA] Paladin_IPG#1600

18. - Top - End - #738

Adventures in Middle Earth

Barad-Dur and Isengard have fallen. The orcs fled south to Nurn. The Great Alliance dissolved into its constituent armies, who dispersed. Kings reign in Edoras and Minas Tirith. But rumors flare of turmoil in Harad.

Three to four friends, bound by favors, forgiveness, and fears, find themselves bondless at the port of Pelargir, in the Fourth Age of Middle Earth.

The rules are Risus. The cliches are Tolkien. Usual Risus rules: ten dice to distribute, no more than four in each cliche. Deadly combat usually applies, as well as the Cecilia option (if you miss a target number roll, you lose a die for shaken confidence until you succeed at another roll with the same cliche).

Each character owes or is owed a favor, has given or received forgiveness for an offense, and fears something. These may be mutual among the characters, or with NPCs that you imagine.

Post interest here.
    Last edited by Tibbius; 2019-07-06 at 03:07 PM.
    Mythistorical bundle

19. - Top - End - #739
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Absalom: City of Secrets - A Pathfinder Living World!

Absalom: City of Secrets is an up and coming Pathfinder living world game set in the city of Absalom in Golarion, currently at 100+ players and growing! Based in a diverse and welcoming community on Discord, our game is partially text based, with encounters done in the many city chats, as well as periodic quests done through Roll20 and server wide events that involve the wide cast of characters. (Think of it like an MMORPG in tabletop form!)

We support third party or even custom content on an application basis that our staff vote on on our forums, meaning that you can suggest anything, and it might get approved for play! We support player freedom as well as templates and gestalt through our OOC currency that you gain simply for being active, and helping the world grow!

Not only that, you can do things like:

Request a specific session for your character - be the hero of your own story!

Explore the city of Absalom, and the world beyond it!

You can even ask to GM your own sessions and run your own stories, with ingame rewards as a result!

Some of the third party stuff we use:

Spheres of Might/Power (Not Champions)

Limited Path of War

Gunslingers of Porphyra

Archetype Packages

Our Discord: discord.gg/P4QwVVB

We hope to see you there!
    Last edited by Eduard Latz; 2019-07-08 at 08:42 AM.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I have 2 games nearing launch that could use another player or two.

Both are theme games.

One is all shapeshifting were creatures. Werewolves, wolfweres, ect. 3.5/pf. Mixed level group. You need to accomplish your mission without anyone finding out that you are shapeshifters and sparking a new anti werewolf crusade.

The other is all warforged on an upgrades and body parts scavenger hunt. Uses 3.5, Pf, 4e, and 5e elements.

Search for jakarta, were critter, and Dr. Ivo.
    Last edited by jakarta; 2019-07-15 at 01:06 AM.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >

]

21. - Top - End - #741
    Banned

I have an open recruitment running for a good old fashion Mutants & Masterminds 3e game. PL 10 with a view toward classic silver age capes and masks.

I've gotten a bit of interest, but I would love to see a few more potential players. So if you are interested in throwing on the spandex and mask, please come check it out. Players new to the system are welcome as well.

Dawn of the Silver Age

22. - Top - End - #742

Seeking Scoundrels and Ruffians Regarding The Assassination of King Bryce

This will be a game of revolution and mayhem, set in the Giant's own world of Thran as best I can interpret it. Three to four players who are willing to give Risus a try.
    Last edited by Tibbius; 2019-07-31 at 01:04 PM.
    Mythistorical bundle

23. - Top - End - #743
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Looking for one player for a game every Friday at 6:30 EDT on roll20. it's a 5e game with a post WW1 era technology if interested Either PM on Roll20 (Bradley P.) or friend me on discord (voidstar01#4973) and i'll put you in contact with the DM.(I make no promises you'll get in, but it should be fine as long as you don't act like the dreaded "That Guy".
    Last edited by Voidstar01; 2019-07-24 at 09:44 PM.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

I'm looking for players for a 3.5e PbP over at myth weavers

send me a PM if you're interested

Thx
    "There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom" G'Kar - Babylon 5

25. - Top - End - #745
    Pixie in the Playground

Recruiting for Helios book 2.

Helios book 1 was a four year play by forum post campaign that ended in June 2019. Based loosely on books by Dean Koontz. Set in an alternative 2020 Detroit it involved a covert war against Victor Helios, a billionaire secretly replacing people with the intent of eliminating the human race in favour of his own creations, the deeply flawed New Race. During the campaign it was revealed that Victor was likely a two century old Victor Frankenstein, still alive thanks to an exotic energy he also used in animating his clone empire.

The plot is further complicated by aliens known as Providers arriving in the alternate 2016. Helios stole from them a genetic and tech database, and used it to experiment on thousands of captive humans, and vastly more through a business takeover of much of the world's prison systems. Book 1's heroes emerged as escaped experimental subjects, with superhuman abilities that have grown over the course of the game. Events progressed from survival horror to super-heroics as the scale of power slipped from Victors grasp.

Where we are now.

Frankenstein is dead! Bested by our heroes on the 3rd of October 2020. With his death his empire crumbled instantly. Active New Race clones of politicians, police, media, and others have dropped dead by the millions creating mass chaos. The prisons and secret prisons that were under Helios control are failing, releasing the empowered across the globe. The world is irrevocably changed.

The player base.

During the 1st campaign enhanced prisoners were liberated from another secret Helios lab, and more from a Helios controlled psychiatric hospital. New characters can be already present as some of those rescued, constrained from previous field work, by fear for loved ones, or medical needs. Or with the recent chaos, new heroes can emerge from freshly failed Helios facilities. The heroes have an underground base constructed for them by the Providers, and are beginning a relationship with the US government.

The system.

Helios uses 'Edge' a game system developed in New Zealand and adapted for the setting. The rules are self contained on the Helios forums, and players have found character development easy and highly adaptable. It uses a point buy process. Die rolls are typically handled by the DM for expedience, although there has been a die roller added to the forum.

Where.

https://lazloki.com/viewforum.php?f=4 Preparing for book 2 we've migrated to a new improved forum.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by qstor View Post
    I'm looking for players for a 3.5e PbP over at myth weavers

send me a PM if you're interested

Thx

Still looking it's an alternate history setting set in North America around 1700.
    "There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom" G'Kar - Babylon 5

27. - Top - End - #747
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Also looking for an extra player for a 3.5e game on the Paizo boards

28. - Top - End - #748

Future Imperfect

Experienced DM seeking 3-4 players who would like to try out a Droids-only futuristic setting in a play by post on these forums, using the Risus rules. Post interest here.
    Mythistorical bundle

29. - Top - End - #749
    Halfling in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Hey everyone!
    I'm a younger player (17), and currently looking for players close to my age in the WA, Olympia area to join a Pathfinder campaign. If you're interested, here's a link to a longer thread:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/lfg/comment...e_looking_for/

If you're interested, you can contact me here or on my reddit, I check my messages a couple times a day, so I won't take too long to get back to you!

30. - Top - End - #750
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Recruiting! For Avernus

Hello all,

Looking to have 3 players, in person, play 5e Avernus campaign in Suffolk, Va. Or nearby. DM and one player are accounted for. You can reach me here. we would meet weekly and food is always around.

Thanks!