New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Currently Recruiting Players

AD&D 1e Skype Campaign Seeks Two Players

Two stalwart adventurers sought to join in old school fun Wednesdays, 8:00 pm EST, by Skype. Third level characters. Home-brew campaign inspired by classic fantasy literature. Thinking and role playing as important as spell and swordplay. Campaign details available for those interested. Please PM or e-mail.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Pixie in the Playground

Looking for players for a story/character driven steam punk game. More info here.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Pixie in the Playground

WorldAlpha needs players badly, the game is a browser based country/business simulator with diplomatic features as well. I am looking for players to join my Country ACanada we will forever need players so feel free to join even when this post is months of:)

my in game name is Flinter_Hex if you need anything give me a shout.

The link for the game is:
    http://www.worldalpha.com/login/form

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Looking for player for my first Deathwatch game.

LINK

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    — Friedrich Nietzsche

View my newest homebrew (feedback is greatly appreciate):
    The Vile speaker-http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-PEACH-welcome

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Like Changeling: The Lost? Like gangster stories set during the Prohibition?
    Look no further.
    Looking for players. Storyteller is optional (I can be ST if needed), but preferred.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Currently Recruiting for another set of the Orcus Storyline, but this time, I'm DMing, so... The link is http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301613

7. - Top - End - #157
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Recruiting players now for a 4th edition Dungeons and Dragons game. Players start at level 1 and work together as a guild to complete quest and get paid.

I am recruiting for the first 4 players now to form the new guild, but will be recruiting players constantly after words.

The thread is here, so feel free to join our adventures in the Forgotten Realms

8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/newre...e=1&p=15965263

Looking for three players to top off a party for a series of Zombicide runs. Accepting (and expecting) players new to the game. Looking to start more or less immediately.
    Currently playing a lot of Shadowrun. My current tabletop characters are...
    Niz Yorick, Gray Elf Rogue Hunter in Into the Woods
    Anvil, Navajo Rigger in 24-7, Life of a Shadowrunner
    Old Spook, Ork Infiltrator of the Custodial persuasion in Call of the Street

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The Diamond Pantheon: The Month of Meddle

RPG Honors Society/Game

Currently seeking unlimited number of current players to play as deities - and a player can be anyone with a love of storytelling. We could especially use people who run ongoing campaigns.

All instructions are on the site.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Have you ever heard of Complete Control: Character Design for the Uninhibited?
    Well, if you haven't, it's D&D where every component of your character is bought with accumulated XP. You buy each feat, each saving throw increase, every spell slot and constant power.
    And if you have, well, I'm recruiting for a game that uses it!

The recruitment thread is here. Not much in the way of story so far, but it's a work in progress.
    It's a mid- to low-magic setting. You are the great grand children of the settlers of a daring, dangerous, newly-discovered continent. Your ancestors came on longboats and found various indigenous, native races with little to no advanced technology (irrigation, crops, buildings, etc). Over the last few decades, two cities have sprung up; Vedelik and Varava. They were originally governed by the same ruling family, but have now been separated officially. There is still over 80% of the continent that has been left unexplored.

You will play as descendants of the original explorers, indigenous-tribesmen-turned-guides, or a half-breed between the two. You start with 2600xp to purchase abilities up to 3rd level.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Currently gauging interest/recruiting for a Final Fantasy XI game while we put the finishing touches on the campaign. Looking to run two parties in the same game world.

FFXI - The Age of Adventurers
    Last edited by Alanzeign; 2013-09-11 at 03:43 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Position filled!

Recruiting one player for a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (2nd ed) game.

You would be taking over an existing PC, whose player flaked out. However, you have a very free rein in (re)defining this character. We only just started.

The story is Wreck of the Innocent Daughter: a band of survivors of the shipwreck of an Imperial ship, stranded on a distant shore.

Full teaser:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wreck of the Innocent Daughter

Day 76
    We were three days in Los Cabos awaiting a good wind. Sigmar granted it to us and Mann is at our side. The last sight of Estalia was stirring, gold and dusky behind us. Our bearing is exactly southwest by the stars.

Day 83
    The stars can no longer be seen...

Voyage for the Emperor

You are part of an Imperial mission to Ulthuan and Lustria.

Three ships, the Hammer, the Comet and the Innocent Daughter, were to travel to Lothern, the trade city of the Elves in the middle of the ocean. You had three missions:

• Representatives of the Colleges of Magic were aboard, seeking counsel of elf sages on matters of magic and the mysteries.
    • Imperial representatives were to present gifts to the elves and court their King.
    • Two of the ships were to continue on to Lustria in the New World to explore and seek treasure. The third was to return to the Empire.

You never made it to any of those places. On the crossing between the Old World and Ulthuan, a storm scattered the fleet. The Innocent Daughter lost sight of the others days ago. She drifted off course and eventually struck a reef, sinking.

You and a few other fortunate souls have clung to wreckage and survived, washing up on an unknown shore.

The available character is Conrad d'Brie, an apprentice wizard. His master was on the ship and is likely dead. He is the only caster in the small group of survivors, and has been viewed with some suspicion, but accepted as potentially useful.

Conrad has so far been very brusque, even belittling the other PCs - but feel free to change that. It could easily be forgotten as a single bad mood the day after almost dying at sea.

(Or feel free to keep that personality trait, if you like). (Conrad's stats.)

So far the group has: elected their hunter/trapper as leader; found a mysterious fruit full of both food and water (coconuts); spent a rough night on a beach; and only just now encountered other human beings - who do not speak their language.

There are two NPCs with the party, a man-at-arms who was mysteriously killed by an arrow in the jungle; and a sailor who saved the party's lives but seems to be going bonkers.

Note that you are far south, and magic is harder to use than it is in the Empire (but miscasts are less severe). With time, you may be able to find a way to augment or overcome this.

If you're interested and you can post reliably 1/day, please say hello in our OOC thread. You can also read the story so far. Experienced WFRP players preferred.
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2013-10-02 at 11:52 PM.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:

Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

13. - Top - End - #163
    Pixie in the Playground

Sorry if this is the wrong place. Just trying to find my way around here. Does this site not have a search function? I am Madhatter on Myth-Weavers, if you folks know what that is.

I am looking for a Paranoia game first and foremost. I heard from a friend of mine that someone was running one here. So just saying hie. I would love to play in one if anyone is doing it.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spells, Swashbuckling and Sailing to the edge of oblivion.

Welcome to The Shadow In The Deeps.

Looking for six players for free-form adventure.

Avatar of Mal, thanks to PseudoStraw, my sarcastic and much loved partner.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking for players for a second (and maybe third) party for a D&D 4e game.

A dungeoncrawling adventure that takes place in a homebrew setting, where all PCs start at level 1, and with no equipment. That is right; no money, no magic items, no armor, no basic weapons, no adventurer's kit, absolutely nothing.

So let me ask you something: are you up for the challenge?

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by axharr View Post
    System: Adventure Fantasy Game, now with Deadly Precision.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Written by Paolo Greco. Tweaked by me. Simple, excellent ruleset that combines level progression with storytelling and tailored skills. Like DnD 1e + nWoD + FATE. But yummy.

Setting: The Old Realm is talked about. Faintly, as an idea that existed ... Boldly, as a long-vanquished stronghold of oppression. Its general location is generally known.
    Seeking: One player willing to play a fairly high level female spell caster incorporating the following concept: "A priestess of a merciful temple of healers, on pilgrimage to the birthplace of her order..."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

My Little Pony Game!

Currently, myself and a few friends are looking for 2 more players in a My Little Pony based 4e game. Details in the link!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    My stupid blog on religion and stuff.
    My stupid blog on love. (Ask me stuff!)

18. - Top - End - #168

NecromancerGuy

Recruiting for Frozen Sands, a D&D 3.5 campaign with a little homebrew. It is set in the six colossal cities of Gallich, each a crown atop vast mesas, overlooking wild steppe lands. Roleplay, combat and a risk of death (as in, if you make a mega-stupid move despite reasonable warning, don't expect me to save you!)!
    Rules for Luck
    A (failed) Shadowcaster fix
    The Sangolu: mixing D&D's greatest foes
    Gestalt theurgy

When referring to Vaarsuvius, I (try to) use they/them/their/theirs/themself. Just my preference.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolep
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolep
    60>80
    This, I feel, deserves a quote on its own.
    RAI trumps RAW on this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    Isn't it annoying when the cocky one is actually right?

19. - Top - End - #169

Lovecraftian romance (minus the tentacles ).

Relevant information:

Spoiler: Game information.
    Show
    Setting:

You have been envited to a royal get to gather at the Lovecraft mansion, you're hosts are Howard and Philiper Lovecraft, owners of a large book company, with the mony they make they can afford to hold large themed get togethers annually. This years theme is to masquerade as a creature that best describes you're personality.

But all is not as it seems the word in the literature circles is that the Howard Lovecrafts writeing is getting incredibly dark and morbid even by his own standard, and there is gossip amounts the noble ladys that Philliper Lovecraft is being take ill by n unknown illness that drains her mentaly and physically with each bout.

Crunch:

Level 5, 32 point buy, Full HP at level 1 scarfed after, standard ABLE.

All official pizo classes and psions are fine. No 3.5 or 3.0 material. homebrew or 3rd party material on the SRD is approved on a case by case basis

Fluff:

As much as you want, but cover the basics. Information on your families past and members of it that are attending the party with you.

This setting is very morphic, make things up, let you're creativity flourish. Feel free to PM you're ideas so I can work with you to develop it. Talk to each other to develop characters that interact with each other in meaningful ways.

As a last point, having at lest one reference to Lovecrafts work never hurts.

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    — Friedrich Nietzsche

View my newest homebrew (feedback is greatly appreciate):
    The Vile speaker-http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-PEACH-welcome

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Currently recruiting for a Rise of the Runelords campaign. Details in thread.

Recruiting closed.
    Last edited by MandibleBones; 2013-10-15 at 06:18 PM.
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.
    Homebrew 3.5 base class: The Iron Chef

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Slot filled. Carry on.
    Last edited by Bounty Hunter; 2013-10-21 at 08:54 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Freeform has always been interesting to me, so I decided to start my own game, posting by me will be light, once a week at most.

Here is the beginnings of a recruitment thread.

I'm back.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

I currently need at least 3 more players for a fourthcore/red-box hack game on these very forums!

If vicious dungeon-crawling, grim settings and refreshingly simples systems are your thing, check it out!
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

The world of cars, babes, money, babes, and speed call to many. Will you become the next underground legend, or just get swept up with the rest?

I'm searching for a handful of players that are interested in playing a d20 Modern game based around the world of underground street racing.

Prove yourself both on and off the track.

Recruitment Thread

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

Game: Chronicles of Avenguard, Book I: The Empty Throne
    Medium: Roll20 (www.roll20.net)
    Time: Mondays, 8 pm EST, usually lasting 3-4 hours.
    System: D&D 3.5e, with some homebrewing (homebrewed setting and deities, no psionics, no dragon shamans, no mixing of arcane & divine spellcasting classes or of prepared and spontaneous casting).
    Basics: 32-point buy ability generation, starting at ECL 4 now.
    Books: All WotC material except setting specific books (except on a case-by-case basis) and magazines are permitted. No third-party material.
    Plot: So far, the PCs have foiled an attempt by lycanthropes and other followers of the homebrewed deity of lycanthropes, Druhimvor, to kidnap a priest of Ahasuerus (one of the main LG deities - think Pelor with lots of twists). They discovered that the kidnapping may have been part of something larger, and have been tasked with investigating further by the rescued priest. The only lead they have now is a scrap of paper and, potentially, another priest who might know something about what is written on that paper.

Note: I intend this game to run for a long time - I have a general idea of where it should go at least until the PCs hit level 15/16. So if you want to join, plan to be in it for the long haul.

Current Characters:
    Henri (human Crusader)
    Terrence (halfling Cloistered Cleric)
    Lucien (human Ranger, archery focused)
    Jamier (human Bard)
    Corienne (human Sorceress)

Looking for:
    1-2 other players, in particular one who is willing to play a skill-monkey. You must be available at the time listed. If you want to join, please PM me here. Thanks!

26. - Top - End - #176
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

AD&D 2nd ED Forgotten Realms Campaign

Looking for 4-6 players to play in a new adventure I am Running.

Where: Google Hangouts
    Time : Fridays 7:00 pm
    Character Level: 6-8

Setting: Forgotten Realms Shadowdale

contact info: [email protected]

27. - Top - End - #177

Campaign: Beyond the Elfwall - link in my sig. Rules (AFG, with Deadly Precision and by Eldritch Sleights) also linked in my sig.
    Seeking: 3 - 5 players
    Medium: PbP; here, or at UnseenServant.us (preferred by me, but I'll go where players are willing).
    Concept: Fortune-seeking PCs drive increasingly significant events in uncaring world that moves on while they act or dither.

Spoiler: Fluff
    Show
    Brundlar considers running, but doubts he can outpace a horse. He sighs and grumbles as he follows the elf girl toward the river ford. "So, am I understand this girl was some kind of sacrifice then? You people are at some kind of peace with the goblins and send them sacrifices to appease them. Don't see what you can possibly gain from such an agreement."

For a few moments, Brundlar hears nothing but the jingling of harness from the knight's horse pacing him. The tatter-clothed elf girl reaches up a hand to him.

"That is not the way of things," says the knight. "She is an elf, as foreign as you are. The goblins captured her elsewhere; you stole her from them, brought her whence she never came. Now they will seek reprisal from these folk working the fields. I will bring you to the master's house, across the river. You will inform her. She will determine what to do."

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show

System: I want to run this with a heavily tweaked version of Adventure Fantasy Game, which makes the Way of Steel on par with Casting or Skillsmonkeys. Links in my sig. However, also open to Old School Hack + Red Box Hack.
    Allowed Content: Propose it in PM.
    Character Creation:
    If running AFG:
    • Backstory: explain (1) how PC chose and learned their Way; (2) why PC is interested in leaving the City of Foam, venturing Beyond the Elfwall, and exploring the legendary Old Realm; (3) how PC knows other PCs.
    • Experience: 1st level.
    • Wealth: per rules (you can download a free sample that includes char gen).
    • Ability Scores: 3d6 each -> STR, DEX, INT, WIS, CHA, CON; +1d6 to any stat. STR, DEX give bonuses +/- to PHYsical (gross motor) skills; DEX, INT give bonuses +/- to CRAfty (fine motor) skills; INT, WIS, CHA give bonuses +/- to SPIritual (thought-y) skills.
    • Hitpoints/Health: per rules.
    • Alignment: (1) aspiration; (1) principle; (1) fear; (1) love.

If running Old School + Red Box Hacks:
    per rules.

Spoiler: Notes for People Who've Played Magic Realm
    Show

1. Totally ok with you basing a PC off one of the traditional characters, at 1st level.
    2. Black/White/Grey/Purple/Gold magic and any of the VIII techniques are perfectly acceptable as Spellcasting skills.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Looking for 3-5 players to test out a homebrew superpowers system set in, well, Planet Earth circa 2013!

Looking to play via GoogleDoc (trust me, it'll make sense when we actually start), around 9pm PST once per week, preferably sometime Sunday through Wednesday (we can figure out when works best on the thread once we have a player base going.)

Thread is here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...1#post16256811

29. - Top - End - #179
    Pixie in the Playground

Game: Star Wars Edge of the Empire
    Medium: Roll20 (www.roll20.net)
    Time: Fridays, 9 pm Central, usually lasting 3-4 hours.
    System: Edge of the Empire, with some linked homebrewed material

Thread Is Here

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default [Re-Recruitment] The Spires Of Manhattan - Genius the Transgression PBP

IC Thread

OOC Thread

Voltt City is a modest little dystopia in the heart of New York, where the world's fears of capitalism gone mad come home to roost. It may not have much in the way of human rights for those who can't pay the bill for them, but it's always been receptive to mad scientists willing to sell their inventions to the highest bidder. And they come, whether to help the endless grinding poverty in the slums, relax in ways considered unethical by less morally flexible venues, or simply run an old-fashioned get-rich-quick scheme - and there are empires for the winning in those gleaming skyscrapers.

But now, corporations and their politicians are growing increasingly uneasy. How can you keep your wealth when thieves can phase through walls? How can you feel safe, when your guards can be reprogrammed to serve the enemy; or simply vaporized, their weapons useless against forcefield-enhanced armour?

A series of crackdowns across the city have begun. Quiet, acknowledged by the press as targeting "terrorist assets" or "technical risks", but sure. A small group of geniuses, quietly provisioned by a corrupt mega-corp leader worried his supply of cloned dancing girls and holographic entertainments are about to dry up, plans to uncover whoever is behind this sudden shift - and the attacks on them, personally.

But they are few in number, and vaguely incompetent. So first, it's time to pick up some coffee!

---

This is a game of Genius: the Transgression; a free(!) fan-made game that uses the Storytelling System. The main characters are Inspired; brilliant but broken people who can create amazing things. (They're mad scientists.)

We have room for perhaps four or five characters; assuming people will probably drop out, as they tend to do in PBP games. If you want to submit a character sheet, we've been using PiratePad, which allows everyone to add suggestions and notes. Starting XP is 5.

If you have any questions, just ask! On the OOC thread or via PM.
    Last edited by MugaSofer; 2013-10-31 at 11:23 AM.