New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Default Alternate racial traits for Aasimar question (PF)

Alright, so for my question- I read an entry on the Pathfinder srd http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-...es/arg-aasimar

down at the bottom, there is a table of 100 alternate racial traits to replace the sla of an aasimar, number 94 is what brought up my question- Would Equine creatures encompass hippogriffs? They are half horse after all.

Also, anyone know how hippogriff aging works? I would like to have a young hippogriff, but one who'd be able to gain large size over the course of an average pathfinder game.
    Last edited by Wazirak1; 2012-10-09 at 10:25 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Alternate racial traits for Aasimar question (PF)

Quote Originally Posted by Wazirak1 View Post
    number 94 is what brought up my question- Would Equine creatures encompass hippogriffs?
    Nope. Hippogriffs are magical beasts, not animals, and the ability specifically calls out animals.

That said, talk to your GM.

Also, anyone know how hippogriff aging works? I would like to have a young hippogriff, but one who'd be able to gain large size over the course of an average pathfinder game.
    I don't think there are any such rules out there. That said, you can adapt the animal companion rules a bit -- animal companions tend to start smaller and "grow up" at 4th level. So you can look at the hippogriff stats and compare them to, say, the stats for a horse vs. a starting horse companion. Then turn down the hippogriff stats to a similar degree.

Of course, check with your GM.