New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

Ice
    "That's why you're holding the rope,Standing around looking at the doors is worse; we're on a time limit here," Ice replied, "by the way, did you ever find out what was on that recording?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, misunderstood noedig's post
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-11-09 at 01:28 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

"What recording are we talking about? That's a little vague."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Ice
    "Not you, Graff," Ice says, "the Zeltron found a holo message for him but wouldn't tell us what it was."
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah right, Lilly. Wouldn't mind a little of her too to be honest. Sith me she was fun to look at. Shame she snuck off after the Wheel."

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Ice
    "Yeah well, if you ever get the chance, let me know; that's one I'd love to get for the archives," Ice replies.
    TC for short

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Jarik smirked behind his helmet.
    "Maybe I've got a few pictures lying around. What's it worth to you?"

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Ice does not find any traps. When he opens the door he is confronted by a 15 meter long, 1.5 meter wide passageway. Every 5 meters lies a ray shield that turns off and on at irregular intervals. They appear to deactivate on some kind of timer but your immediate attempts at finding a pattern prove fruitless. At the very end of the hallway lies another door. Jarik can just barely make out a soft "thump... thump... thump..." sound emanating from behind the far door.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I'm not sure you going in first is the best idea..." Kelaeon says with a frown as Ice moves, "As you said you are the slicer and are rather important." Kelaeon glances at the red door.

Spoiler
    Show

Will going through the door result in immediate danger (Search your feelings)
    (1d20+16)[25]
    Last edited by Major; 2012-11-09 at 02:51 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

As you watch the ray shields activate and de-activate for a while, you eventually hear a hooowoosh sound as several sections of the deck plating disappear. This is quickly followed by a feeeeessshhhhhh sound as jets of red hot magma pour down from the ceiling and into the holes. You notice that the ray shields seems to be generating a protective ward around the hole, funneling the magma down the hole. If one were caught inside such a trap... A quick yet fiery death would ensue.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kel suddenly senses quite a bit of danger.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2012-11-09 at 03:06 PM.
    DMing:

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

"Delightful. Wonder who the decorater was. Really love the magma. Adds a nice warm touch to the room."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Ice
    Ice stands dumbfounded at the scene before him.
    "What? How does the magma get up above the room, do they pump it up? If they pump it up, why does it need to be dropped back down, why not just pump it to the level it's needed? Why does this room even exist??"

The Mrlssi simply glares at the hallway for a few seconds.

"Anyone want to make a bet whether the blue door leads to something icy cold?" he asks.
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"These traps are a bit...extreme..." Kelaeon says glancing at the blue door. "I'd predict you are right." He says, "Leaving green...what? Acid? Gas? Deadly plants?"

Spoiler
    Show

Use the Force (Search for feelings) "Will the blue door lead to imediate danger."
    (1d20+16)[20]

Same, but green door.
    (1d20+16)[33]

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Ice

"Could use the Force to open the door at the end of the hallway, see if it's worth going through... though it might be a rancor or a krayt dragon tapping from the other side," Ice says, with just a hint of sarcasm.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-11-09 at 10:15 PM.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

"Kark this room, kark this building, kark this whole damn planet. Why dont we make our own hallway?"
    Last edited by Noedig; 2012-11-09 at 11:02 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    danger for both rooms.
    DMing:

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"According to the Force there isn't a safe room...so it is really more a 'pick your poison' option." Kelaeon states, "What equipment do we have as a group to make it easier to deal with?" Kelaeon ask looking over everyone.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Ice
    "I like to travel light. I've got the security kit, datapad, utility belt, the visors, and a durasteel vibrosaw," Ice replies, "oh, and a holorecorder."
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-11-10 at 10:30 PM.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Ice
    "I don't think we can risk going through here," Ice says, "the magma is random, so we basically have to get lucky to dodge it. Plus we don't know what's through the other side or if the door is locked; we could get trapped at the far end of the chamber. The best part, if we get unlucky, we're dead; I don't like to play at games I can't cheat at."

"I say we open another door," he continues, pulling the rope back from Graff and winding it into his utility belt, "but it's someone else's turn this time."
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

""I'm game. Everyone stand clear of the green door."

When Jarik was sure that everyone was a reasonable distance away, he opened it.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Jarik busts down the door and finds a ray shield blocking his entrance. Beyond the shield lies a small, elevator-sized room full of a bubbling liquid.
    DMing:

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Jarik had tried to be gentle but he had misjudged the solidness of the door and it appeared to have broken.
    Oops.

What lay beyond his little accident was even more troubling. It didn't take a genius to guess what the green liquid was. It certainly wasn't gelatin.
    "Kark me! Back! Everyone back!"

22. - Top - End - #232
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Have my medical gear, but nothing to help with this."
    Lord Havelock Vetinari Avatar by AlfredAmeoba.
    "A sense of terrifying admiration overcame him.
    He wondered what it was like in the Patrician's mind. All cold and shiny, he thought, all blued steel and icicles and little wheels clicking along like a huge clock. The kind of mind that would carefully consider its own downfall and turn it to advantage." "Every evil tyrant has a plan to rule the world. The good people don't seem to have the knack."-Terry Pratchett

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kelaeon sighed, they would need to find a way around these traps. "Do you see a way across? I don't like it, but we can try the levitation trick again...preferably testing it on an item first this time, then a person."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Ice
    "Maybe third time's the charm," Ice quips, "anyone want to volunteer to see what's behind lucky door number three?"
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I'll bite the bullet..." mutters Sairen to Ice as he moves to open the blue door. Titus places a hand on the Chiss' shoulder, halting his master and moving to do the task himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Please don't murder my terribly expensive droid...
    Last edited by Iron Victory; 2012-11-12 at 09:48 PM.
    Avatar by the fabulous Kid Kris.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Jax, quite tired of waiting, pushes past Titus and hits the keypad. He then struts - like a courageous warrior - into the Blue Room. He is confronted by an odd sight. He stands upon a thing ledge that overlooks a pit that is roughly seven meters deep. Inside there are eight crazed prisoners who appear to be eating the remains of several other prisoners. The crazed inmates are sealed in the pit via a light bridge that blankets over top the entire pit. Presiding above them is a crazed looking prison guard who has fashioned a patchwork cape made of flesh as well as a crown made of bones and eyes. He wields a Wookiee's tibia and yells, "My court, we have meat! Rejoice!" The crazed prisoners clamor and howl like animals. The 'King' grasps a black lever next to him and yanks it back. Suddenly the light bridge disappears, with it any protection you may have had from the crazed prisoners...

Spoiler
    Show

You guys win initiative. Have fun!

Last edited by Felhammer; 2012-11-12 at 10:00 PM.
    DMing:

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Ice
    "Jax, get back here!" Ice yells, "We'll waste 'em as they come up the stairs and through the door!"

The Mrlssi takes a step back and creates a makeshift blaster turret at his feet, pointing it at the doorway.

"Front row kneel," Ice says, following suit, though it was hardly necessary.

Spoiler
    Show

move back one square, create a blaster turret in square AD14, activate born leader +1 insight bonus to attack rolls.
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kelaeon growls and draws his lightsaber and activates it. "Let's not just go running ahead stupidly." He says annoyed.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action, draw+activate saber
    Move action, move to AB13 and be ready to chop things up as they pass. Obviously not out idiot :P

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Jax runs out of the blue room. As he clears the doorway, it slams shut. The muffled voice of the King can be heard from inside the room laughing, "I CONTROL THIS PRISON! I AM KING! BOW BEFORE ME SACKS OF TASTY MEAT!"
    DMing:

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Jarik smirked as Jax came charging back into the room. Finally, something that could die.

"Hey Stumbles, can I use some explosives? Is that allowed? You're leading the op, so I need to clear it with you before hand."