New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

The troopers nod in agreement. They retrieve their two comrades and haul them out of the Prison. The fiery red sunset sets the Stormtrooper's armor ablaze. As you watch the LA-AT maneuver around in front of the two squads, you can't help but feel this is the last time you will see Brains and Lurk alive...
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2012-10-29 at 12:51 AM.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sharka eyes open, and he looks at Keleaon, "He is in a cramped metal box. He seems oddly calm, dispassionate even. But he knows we're on our way now, and that there is a Sith after him as well. I can contact him every so often to gather his emotional state, so we hopefully know if he is in danger."
    Lord Havelock Vetinari Avatar by AlfredAmeoba.
    "A sense of terrifying admiration overcame him.
    He wondered what it was like in the Patrician's mind. All cold and shiny, he thought, all blued steel and icicles and little wheels clicking along like a huge clock. The kind of mind that would carefully consider its own downfall and turn it to advantage." "Every evil tyrant has a plan to rule the world. The good people don't seem to have the knack."-Terry Pratchett

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Ice
    "How are we supposed to find a worm in a place like this?" Ice asks, "it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. "

He blinks.

"And no bird jokes, dammit," he adds before pulling out a comlink.

"Red Dawn, request sensor scan of the prison, see if you can at least give us the dimensions of the facility so we know how much ground we have to cover," he says.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm trying to get an idea of how tall/wide the prison is. If we know how high the ceilings are, we can estimate how many levels there are and how much floor space each level has. With that info, we'll know how much time we have to sweep each floor, and whether we should bypass the lower levels and hope he's up top.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"As I noted to the people currently here while waiting, the elevator is most easily trapped. With all the intricate traps, setting a bomb to blow up an elevator shouldn't be too hard. I'd recommend we blow the elevator ourselves and take the elevator shaft." Kelaeon states.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Jarik jogged up as Kel finished.

"I'm not opposed but there may be more of those droids on the inside waiting for 'prisoners' to try that. You wanna test the elevator first, see if it blows and then take the shaft? I'd love to never see those droids again. There is probably a control room for the lift nearby. Seems reasonable that there would be."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Problem is we have to worry about a trap that will activate when it sees us step aboard it." Kelaeon states. "I'd be surprised if the elevator was not trapped considering the crazy traps in the labyrinth."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I agree with Knight Kelaeon. We should try to set off any traps preemptively, and after the shuttle incident I’d rather not ride in a metal box dangling hundreds of feet over nothing. Additionally, it seems your troopers are suitably equipped for a climb up the shaft."
    Last edited by Iron Victory; 2012-10-29 at 11:02 AM.
    Avatar by the fabulous Kid Kris.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Ice
    "If I were designing the prison, I'd put the killer droids in the shaft, where nobody is supposed to be and where prisoners would try to hide. If we can figure out how the prison guards got around, we should have an easier time," Ice says, "assuming this prison even had guards."

"I'm guessing if there were guards, they'd use the elevator, so all we need to do is convince the elevator that we're guards," he says.

Ice eyes the spiral staircase leading to the elevator.

"Kel, can you do your danger sense thing, if I try to walk up these stairs?" he asks.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-10-29 at 09:16 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

9. - Top - End - #159

Sharka says, I can help you with that. He closes his eyes, concentrating on the flow, as his form shimmers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    UTF, search your feelings, if i walk up the stairs with Ice:
    (1d20+17)[25]
    He wondered what it was like in the Patrician's mind. All cold and shiny, he thought, all blued steel and icicles and little wheels clicking along like a huge clock. The kind of mind that would carefully consider its own downfall and turn it to advantage." "Every evil tyrant has a plan to rule the world. The good people don't seem to have the knack."-Terry Pratchett

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

You do not feel... Anything. It is as if you are reaching out into a void...
    DMing:

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

"What's the call Bones? The stairs gonna come to life and prison rape us?"

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kelaeon tries to reach out in the Force for a danger sense as was asked before speaking, "I don't doubt that the shaft will have traps. The problem isn't the original defenses either, but the person inside who is on their way to the doctor now, the one I'm pretty sure is our Givin friend." Kelaeon states, "It is much easier to fight off droids than it is to survive a metal box trapping us inside as it plummets to the ground and splatters all of us, as Sairen accurately understood."

Kelaeon sighs, "While jumping over the crates you did see the many levels and craziness of these traps right? And yet, there is no fear that stepping into that elevator it will simply plummet?"

Spoiler
    Show

Search Feelings, UtF as well. Doubt it'll work based on the doctor's but he was asked.

UtF: (1d20+16)[33]

13. - Top - End - #163

"I sense... nothing. Very strange."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

"Huh. Well I guess we'll just have to keep a tight grip on the soap then, won't we."

15. - Top - End - #165

Sharka chuckles. "Yes, of course. We wouldn't want anything to bar our progress."
    Last edited by Mithric Gunn; 2012-10-31 at 03:44 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Kel senses the same void.
    DMing:

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Ice
    "Alright, let's destroy one of the crates and use the planks to bang on the ground in front of us, to set off any motion detectors and pressure plates," Ice says.

The diminutive Mrlssi moves to one of the crates, looks up at it, then turns around.

"A little help, maybe?" he says.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-10-31 at 09:10 PM.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sairen moves to Ice and draws a small cylindrical device, scanning the crates for traces of radiation. If clear, he snaps a short order at Titus in Cheunh, who moves to carefully pry apart the crates.

Spoiler
    Show
    He has a strength score of 20, but just in case a check is needed: (1d20+5)[6]

....let's hope a check isn't needed.
    Last edited by Iron Victory; 2012-10-31 at 08:54 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

As Titus heaves the crate above his head, it proves unexpectedly dense. The droid's joints buckle under the pressure and the box topples down on top of him, knocking him to the ground. The crate's hatch bursts off in the fall, revealing a shimmering golden stature of Darth Krayt stabbing his lightsaber through the a helpless man whose face is full of fear and doubt. As you gawk at the solid gold statue, you realize the fear-stricken man is in fact Emperor Fel.

EDIT:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Titus takes 1 point of shame damage.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2012-11-01 at 12:26 AM.
    DMing:

20. - Top - End - #170

"Any way we could take this with us? It would be quite rich to melt it down to help fund the war against Krayt."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Titus clambers out of the heap, "I am programmed for protection, etiquette, and assassination. I am not a labour droid..." He continues at his task.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Ice
    "Trust me, if the Emperor is up to what I think he is, getting Doctor Ee will help the war effort a lot more than a bunch of melted down gold," Ice replies, "besides, trying to carry enough to make a difference will just slow us down."

The Mrlssi fluffs his feathers up slightly.

"Of course, if you think you can carry some for yourself and not fall behind, then by all means, have at it," he adds with a chirp.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

"Right. Let's consider what we know," Graff breaks in, irritation evident in his tone and in the resurgence of the clipped Bastion accent. "One. This place is trapped like a Hutt's harem, as keenly demonstrated during the Blind Plunge Into The Labyrinth stage of the adventure. This suggests that doing the obvious thing at any juncture is likely to have lethal consequences. Taking the first lift we see, for example, would be the obvious thing to do. Two. This place is a working prison facility - and that means the operators must have had ways to get around safely, we just need to discover them. That's not going to be blowing up the lift and climbing the elevator shaft - Ice is right about that being a prime spot for anti-intruder countermeasures. We have another, non-lift-related option right there," he says, pointing to the unmarked hallway. "That's probably also our best bet to find something like a control room… or any kind of active computer terminal at all. Maybe we can get a floorplan, or even a manifest showing where the objective is." He switches to a private link before going on, "Three. Knight Kelaeon, I don't know why you're so fixated on someone who was last seen spatter-painting a bulkhead with the contents of his skull - someone who, judging by the available evidence, was trying to aid our mission to the Wheel before he was gunned down by Sith troops. I also don't care. You need to get over it, now, because whoever or whatever is down there is using your paranoia against you like a goad. You're allowing yourself to be herded like a bantha, and it's going to get us all killed. Pull yourself together and soldier, soldier."
    Last edited by Philistine; 2012-11-01 at 11:50 AM.

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I'll note that 'ally' of ours knew our entire mission, lured us to the same people that would end up being a danger to us, and enjoyed hanging out speaking with ancient sith statutes. Regardless of if it is indeed the target from the Wheel, the point still stands that we do have someone moving towards our objective. I'm not saying we have to rush to our death, but I am saying we are on a timer and running off exploring and having tea parties aboard pretty ships will not get us to that objective any faster. Nor will dying." Kelaeon replies, "Next, if these traps were set by the prison staff, then you would be correct that there is a way to get around. But we aren't sure about that. Everybody here seems to be dead or zombies and that doesn't seem something prison personal would be apt to do and seems more likely the psychotic presence heading to the doctor that wants to 'play games'."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Ice
    "Nothing's changed. We know Krayt's coming for Dr Ee, we know we need to find him before he gets here," Ice says, "problem is, we don't know where the doctor is, we don't have a map, or a way of speaking to him."

"Now there's someone in the prison moving towards the doctor. If this character knows where the target is and we don't, and the guy is moving to the target right now, why don't we just follow the guy right to the target?" Ice asks, "it'd be better than searching around blindly."
    TC for short

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Ice
    "Wait a sec," Ice says.

The Mrlssi, with some difficulty, unslings his pack and retrieves the box Torin the Ithorian had given him on the last mission.

"What are the chances our doctor is in this box?" he asks.

Edit: "I mean, wouldn't it be ironic if we're already carrying the target with us, and the spy planted the information that he was here, and Krayt was coming to get him, just to get us here so they could trap us and retrieve what they missed on the Wheel?" he adds.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-11-01 at 09:34 PM.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Seems a rather silly possibility, but you are the one with the box." Kelaeon says with a shrug. "Only one way to find out."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Ice
    "Yeah...," Ice replies, "let me try something."

Big danger when I was about to open the box before, so can't do that..." he thought.

"I'm with Graff, by the way, I can see the prison staff complaining about having to walk up and down the stairs all the time," he adds.

Ice sits down and begins tapping on the box.. twice, then thrice, then five times, then seven times, then eleven, then he waits, holding the box and listening...

If there is no response:
    "Okay, next time you contact Dr Ee, if he comes up with the number 13 as a response, he's in the box," Ice says.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #179

Sharka tries to sense inside the box, checking for life.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+17)[18]

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Sharka tries to sense life within the box but his energies are wasted, for the box blocks the force.
    DMing: