New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

Spoiler
    Show
    Ice thinks that perhaps the "King" is using metaphor to describe his surroundings. The Fireblood could be the magma and the veins the magma channels.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Ice
    "It's also possible this guy means the magma is the fire blood and the veins are the tubes carrying the magma, but that's nothing more than a guess," Ice says.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I considered it, but unless the Sky Worm is the doctor I'm not sure our waiting is the best bet..." Kelaeon said, "And if it is our enemy he probably won't be coming since we are nearby."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Ice
    "I say we give it twelve minutes, then have him pull the lever to make the fire veins flow, or whatever he said," Ice says.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

The King walks over to Kel and says, "THE SKY WORM IS COMING! THE VEINS ARE QUIET!" He pulls a green lever back then rushes out of the blue room and bolts through the red door. All of you follow him down the hallway. The Magma has indeed stopped. As you near the end of the hall, the banging begins anew. The noise forces the King to slip and fall, slamming his head against the ground. He looks up to kell and yells, "THE ENEMY HAS INFILTRATED THE CHAMBER! WE MUST SAVE THE SKY WORM'S AVATAR! SAVE OUR SKY WORM!"

The banging gets louder and louder and louder, emulating cackling thunder. Suddenly the door collapses from the sheer weight of the mass behind it. A siren roars as the door that allowed you inside the hall slams shut. It is as if the hall will only allow one door to be open at a time... As the dust clears before you, ten horrifying, half-rotten zombies spill out into the hallway. The screech as they come to the collective awareness that there are brains in the hall. They claw and gnash and jostle for position, each wants to be the first to taste the braiiiiiins.

Spoiler
    Show

MAP

You guys win initiative. First PC to post goes first. Once all PCs go, the bad guys go.

We'll pretend Graff just went back to the ship with the other Storm Troopers.

Last edited by Felhammer; 2012-11-23 at 01:31 PM.
    DMing:

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kelaeon draws on the Force for a moment before pointing at the zombie on the bridge and chucking him off the bridge.

Spoiler
    Show

If I need to then spending a force point to get move object back and using it to chuck the zombie (ZS5) off the bridge.

(1d20+16)[34]

Damage (if anything to slam him into, but main goal is off the bridge)
    (10d6)[5][5][5][5][2][2][5][6][2][5](42) (will tell which dice to count after seeing UTF check)
    Damage: 35
    Last edited by Major; 2012-11-23 at 03:39 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Ice
    Ice fires a shot at the nearest zombie.

Spoiler
    Show

atk: (1d20+7)[23]
    dmg: (3d6+12)[21]
    TC for short

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

With great effort, Ice and Kel barely slaughter the mass of zombies. Their ragged half-rotten corpses gyrate and twitch but little more. They appear dead... The hulking crowd of zombies on the other side of the busted door appear to be less dead and far more willing to devour your brains.
    DMing:

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

Kel and Ice had managed to drop the first zombie effectively, but there were a dozen more where that came from. Jarik lifted his rifle but hesitated. The blast could only go two ways, and one of those ways was back into his face. He smirked and let his rifle hang free as he took up a ready stance. The zombies were the same distance away as his old pistol targets back home, and now he had eighteen years of practice under his belt.

"I'll be your huckleberry."

His hand snapped down to his holster and whipped out his sidearm. He squeezed off eight shots in a second and a half, each one finding a mark. His pistol clicked dry on nine, and he holstered it with a flourish. The whole ordeal had taken about three seconds.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+12)[32]
    (4d8+4)[32]
    Last edited by Noedig; 2012-11-26 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Needed a movie quote :P

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Jarik fires off a few well aimed shots and pops the heads off six zombies. Their corpses fall flat on the ground, deader than a hotwired zygerian zero-g raditron collector.

Spoiler
    Show
    DMing:

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Jarik wished he could light up a cigarette. That kind of shooting deserved a reward.

"Someone get that on video?"

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Jax snorts, "It'd never look as cool as it was on vid."
    DMing:

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

"Damn, you're right. Well you all saw it so I've got twenty odd witnesses to back me up when I use this story to get laid tonight. So how about you get your big ass up here, Jax? Maybe earn a story of your own and let your CO rest on his laurels?"

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Jax rushes forward into the unknown, as he rounds the corner he yells, "Lotta undead freaks in here..."

Spoiler
    Show

He runs to get into the room, thus robbing him of his chance to shoot.

Last edited by Felhammer; 2012-11-26 at 01:16 AM.
    DMing:

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

Jarik swore as Jax barreled passed him. Charging into a horde of teeth wasn't exactly what he'd meant.
    "Don't get bit you karking retard! A good XO is hard to find, and I ain't taken care of all these kids by myself, you hear?!"

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

As the Herglic charges into the fray, Sairen mutters to himself. "The big guy sure is... enthusiastic, isn't he?" He marches forward, "Let's pull him out of the fire, gentlemen." Titus leads the Chiss, aiming to disintegrate some undead shamblers. As the duo files behind Jax, the droid fires a burst of crimson energy into the crowd of zombies. Its vocabulator crackles to life, "Filthy sacs of meat..."

Spoiler
    Show

Sairen
    Standard:
    Activate Know Your Enemy. Try to learn the zombies' unarmed attack bonus and their reflex defense.
    Galactic Lore: (1d20+19)[31]
    Move: Move to B15.
    Swift: Activate Born Leader.

Titus
    Standard: Shooting blaster cannon (area attack) centered on C20.
    Attack: (1d20+12)[23]
    Damage: (3d12+4)[21]
    Move: Move to C15.
    Swift: Activate Harm's Way.
    Last edited by Iron Victory; 2012-11-26 at 03:15 AM.
    Avatar by the fabulous Kid Kris.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sharka, still masked by the flow of the force, moves up, ready to rush up and tend to wounds should that become necassary.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Ice
    Ice scampers over to the door as everyone else moves ahead of him, watching the entrance to the 'servant chamber' warily.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Go forward, strike down all who oppose the Sky Worm!" Kelaeon called out trying not to facepalm at the words, but hoping to save Imperial troops by wasting crazy troops. Then he moved forward down the bridge.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to move further down the hall. Not sure if I can get past people on such a small bridge, so if not just move me as close as I can, otherwise let's aim for B15. Alternatively does my Hawk Bat Swoop which is described as jumping to opponent with the force let me get over that gap and get to the zombies?

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

As the group enters the room, they bare witness to a horrifying sight. Three hulking, patchwork, towering blobs of rotten flesh gyrate on the floor. Legs, arms and heads of sentients poke out from the fatty blob like the branches of a tree. Gaping orifices excrete bucket-loads of greenish red puss, which slithers down their corpulent bodies, leaving streaks of gore behind. Around them are smaller groups of zombies, which appear to be tethered together by flesh belts that have grown into their bodies. Finally, a few singular zombies shamble about. At the far end of the red-lit room lies a single lever.

Titus bursts into the room and fires off a torrent of shots, going so far as to knock a few limbs clear off. However, the corpulent mass appears unfazed by the blasts.
    DMing:

21. - Top - End - #291
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sharka drops his concealment, and grasps the closest blob with the force, flinging it into the group of zombies behind it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Using force point, utf check for move object:
    (1d20+17)[31] maintaining, and trying to position myself behind jax.
    Will post dmg in ooc.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

The Zombie blob squeals like a Kaminoan Seal-Pig as it is flung against a smaller mass of zombies.
    DMing:

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    "Go forward, strike down all who oppose the Sky Worm!" Kelaeon called out trying not to facepalm at the words, but hoping to save Imperial troops by wasting crazy troops. Then he moved forward down the bridge.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to move further down the hall. Not sure if I can get past people on such a small bridge, so if not just move me as close as I can, otherwise let's aim for B15. Alternatively does my Hawk Bat Swoop which is described as jumping to opponent with the force let me get over that gap and get to the zombies?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quoting since missed.