Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 293
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    And now Jarik was pissed. Two soldiers, good ones, were dead and they'd been on the planet for maybe twenty minutes.
    "GOD DAMMIT! JAX! POP THIS CAN!"

    He drew a bead on the 'leader' and fired.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aim Fire Kill.
    (1d20+11)[31]
    (1d6)[1]
    (1d6)[4]

    Damage
    (4d8+5)[19]

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nevada

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Jarik blasts another bug away. The remaining Banshees fire into the enemy but all miss. The little Droids hold up a different limb and fire off little round orb. One of the orbs strikes Fatty in the head. He collapses onto the ground seemingly dead. Momma Bear rushes over to Fatty and checks his pulse. She howls that he's alive but unconcious.
    DMing:
    - Warriors of Blackvale: IC OOC Doc

    The characters in my avatar were drawn by Meltheim.
    Playing:
    - Goattracker IC OOC
    - Rissy IC OOC

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    "It couldn't be..." Kelaeon mumbles before thinking and hoping the figure would read his mind.

    Who are you? He thinks, hoping that the answer is not what he suspects.

    "We've been detected." He states with a frown, "And by detected I mean they know not just that people are here, but me specifically." He points, "Nine souls there, one dead person inside, four robots. But that isn't the problem. There is a very dark presence in there who sensed me. Do NOT phase inside and do NOT get separated. If it is who I think it is, this could be a very dangerous enemy."

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nevada

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Kel senses a wry smile and a tiny bit of excited elation. No words, just emotion.
    DMing:
    - Warriors of Blackvale: IC OOC Doc

    The characters in my avatar were drawn by Meltheim.
    Playing:
    - Goattracker IC OOC
    - Rissy IC OOC

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Suddenly so quiet, I hope my presence here didn't scare you off. You become one of these zombies? Kelaeon ask trying to get the voice to talk more. If it was who he thought then he wasn't sure if he should be thrilled to get the chance to make the man pay, or worried that the man was here. Then again, you are more a skeleton than a zombie aren't you? Perhaps a ghost?
    Last edited by Major; 2012-10-24 at 05:44 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Graff scrabbles at the door's access panel, finally prying it loose - only to remember that his tool kit is on his belt, inside the biohazard suit. "That was karking stupid of me," he mutters to himself.

    His snarl is unseen by anyone due to the two helmets between his face and the outside world, but everyone can see him step back from the shuttle's hatch, draw his heavy pistol, and fire a brilliant emerald bolt directly into the exposed circuitry of the door.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Han Solo check!: (1d100)[98]

    ETA: LIKE. A. BOSS.

    Last edited by Philistine; 2012-10-24 at 06:03 PM.
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Ice
    Ice attempts to immediately space everything in the cargo pod, which would presumably open all the cargo pod's doors and cells, giving the platoon an exit route.

    Spoiler
    Show

    take 10 if possible for DC 32 otherwise;
    computer use: (1d20+22)[28]
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    Travelling until Dec 1, posting schedule may be erratic.

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nevada

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Graff pulls out his blaster and pops a shot into the door's control panel. As expected, the doors fly open. A fine red mist bursts out of the trailer and coats your bio-hazard suit with a crimson dew-like substance. Contained inside the trailer is a scene of horror and dread. Two Stormtroopers lie on the ground, a Wookiee howls loudly. Four little bug like droids with glowing red eyes skitter about, obviously looking dangerous.

    Ice uses his magic-like hacking ability to tell the trailer to vent. He takes note that there is no "stop venting" button. The entire trailer is designed to be disposable. Once vented, it cannot be un-vented. However, to his surprise, only a thousand small holes open up across the entire exterior of the pod. Obviously the Sith preferred to incite fear and panic in those unfortunate enough to try and break free.
    DMing:
    - Warriors of Blackvale: IC OOC Doc

    The characters in my avatar were drawn by Meltheim.
    Playing:
    - Goattracker IC OOC
    - Rissy IC OOC

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Ice
    "Wow, that's... really smart," Ice says, wondering who designed that little function.

    The explosion rocks the shuttle. Ice scampers over to the exit ramp and peers out into the hangar bay, pistol in hand.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    Travelling until Dec 1, posting schedule may be erratic.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    The door at the other end of the container flew open, flooding the dark space with light. Outside, Jarik could see a figure in a hazmat suit with a heavy pistol.

    "There's the door, Banshees! MOVE IT!"

    He wasted no time to see if the squad advanced toward safety, instead attempting to draw the droids attention to himself by continuing to shoot at them and stop killing his squad.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aim fire kill, and order the Banshees to get the hell out of Dodge. Shooting as they go of course.

    (1d20+11)[16]
    (4d8+5)[21]

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Iron Victory's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Approaching the shuttle, Sairen arrives just soon enough for the door to seal shut in front of him. As the sound of blaster bolts and screams of dying men erupt from within, the Chiss shouts into his comlink. "Lieutenant Jarik, what's your situation? Ice?" Upon hearing the doors open, he rushes to the exit ramp. Titus shadows his charge while moving to intercept any hostiles.

    This whole damn place was wrong... just wrong.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sairen
    Move: Approach the recently opened door.

    Titus
    Standard: Ready an action to Rapid Shot anything hostile-looking.
    Attack: Blaster Cannon (1d20+10)[12] (area of effect 2x2)
    Damage: (4d12+4)[29]
    Move: Move ahead of Sairen (still adjacent.)
    Swift: Harm's Way on Sairen.
    Last edited by Iron Victory; 2012-10-25 at 12:59 AM.
    Avatar by the fabulous Kid Kris.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    As the blaster shots become open and the door opens, Kelaeon stops the conversation with the mysterious voice for a bit. He'd find a way to contact the voice soon, but for now it sounded like danger.

    He turned and looked towards the ship, the people inside better have found something or else they were wasting valuable time pointlessly when they should have be getting inside the prison.

    Suddenly he stopped and smirked. If there was danger an entire squad was crammed in the ship and trying to do melee with everyone inside would be a pain. However, he had a better idea.

    Closing his eyes, Kelaeon tried to imagine the Givin he had met aboard the station. Then he drew on the Force to try and envision where the Givin was at the moment, be he alive or dead.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Farseeing
    (1d20+16)[21]+5 (force point, see ooc)
    If I connect force point to see his surroundings. Can't spend two a turn sadly...

    Edit: Ick, scratch that. Force point to add to the roll. See ooc thread. Doubt it will matter...
    Last edited by Major; 2012-10-25 at 12:19 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    What's my situation?

    Blue had to be joking. He had to be. It was not as if Jarik had been subtle about was happening, and he'd been using an open channel. He hoped Jax would wise up and come barreling around the corner to lay down cover fire, but hope was being a right bitch today, so instead of trusting her, he barked into his comm.

    "Three casualties, we're coming out, cover us and shoot the karking droids!"

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Graff stands at the base of the boarding ramp, making sure to leave a clear path for the surviving stormies to clear the shuttle. He takes careful aim at the nearest of the little droid-horrors and fires off another blast from his pistol.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aim, Aim, Fire.
    Attack: (1d20+14)[3](17)
    Damage: (4d8+17)[1][1][6][7](32)
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mithric Gunn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Drawing his blaster, Sharka heads over to the ramp. He concentrates, immersing himself and Graff in the flow of light around him, and helping guide Graff.

    Spoiler
    Show
    UTF for stealth vs electronic sensors: (1d20+17)[35]
    UTF for Enlightenment on Graff: (1d20+17)[36]
    Lord Havelock Vetinari Avatar by AlfredAmeoba.
    "A sense of terrifying admiration overcame him.
    He wondered what it was like in the Patrician's mind. All cold and shiny, he thought, all blued steel and icicles and little wheels clicking along like a huge clock. The kind of mind that would carefully consider its own downfall and turn it to advantage." "Every evil tyrant has a plan to rule the world. The good people don't seem to have the knack."-Terry Pratchett

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nevada

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Jarik lobs a shot in but does not find purchase. Titus is next but his torrent of fire proves futile as well as the bugs jump onto the ceiling to avoid the spray of laser bolts.

    Kel taps into the Force to locate his target. However, he is met by a stern voice, "Cheating. Hmm, not allowed. Game is not fun without risk and ignorance. A race. Yes. A race to the Doctor. Winner takes all."

    With a guiding hand of the Force, Graff easily blows one of the bugs away with a single shot.

    The Bugs skitter about, this time aiming for different enemies. One bug lunges down from the ceiling and lands on Showstopper. With a stunning display of agility and power, the droid slashes the Twi'Lek's armpitt joint. The slash would have been a meaningless gesture if not for the cloud of red mist that is still permiating the air of the trailer. She screams in agony as she drops to the floor. Preferring a swift death to a slow one, she rips her helmet off. Graff, Sairen and Jarik bare witness to the mist condense on her flesh and (quite like napalm) lights on fire and quickly melts her flesh away. After a few agonizing moments her body collapses on the deck, leaving only a charred, smoking skeleton. Her last words are, "Kill these mother karkers, sir."

    The other Bug rushes forward and lunges onto Graff's shoulder. Try as it might, Graff girates and contorts himself in such a way so as to deny the droid a good angle to pierce his hazard suit.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2012-10-25 at 09:36 PM.
    DMing:
    - Warriors of Blackvale: IC OOC Doc

    The characters in my avatar were drawn by Meltheim.
    Playing:
    - Goattracker IC OOC
    - Rissy IC OOC

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    "We need to move now." Kelaeon yells out, "We have an enemy inside the prison heading to the doctor!" Kelaeon says clenching his fist, "And damn it Ice, I'm pretty sure it's that Givin." He says turning to look towards the cargo hold and looking around for who wasn't involved yet. "Anyone not engaged, with me. We'll start working on getting inside so that once these droids are dealt with they can catch up with little resistance."

    With those words, Kelaeon moves quickly towards the prison entrance, saber still activated.

    You have one chance to quit this game now or die. If you interfere with my mission again, I will put you down. If you leave now I will not pursue you, I will not look for you. But if you stay, I will find you. And I will kill you.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-10-25 at 09:40 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nevada

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Jax and the Red Acklays will join Kel, the other two squads acting as backup.
    DMing:
    - Warriors of Blackvale: IC OOC Doc

    The characters in my avatar were drawn by Meltheim.
    Playing:
    - Goattracker IC OOC
    - Rissy IC OOC

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Ice
    "Do people just like randomly yelling my name?" Ice says over the comlink, "why is it my fault there's a givin in the prison?"

    "What the-" Ice says as Kel moves towards the prison entrance, "we're all kind of busy trying not to die over here, where are you going?"

    Ice knelt down at the top of the shuttle's boarding ramp and braced his modified pistol against the hull to steady his aim.

    "Make it count, make it count, make it count..."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Destiny point for automatic crit: (6d6+24)[41]
    I doubled the dice and multiplied the modifier by 2 for the critical hit, not sure if we're supposed to just roll the damage and multiply it or multiply the number of dice...
    Edit: Also another +2 damage if the spider is in point blank range.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-10-25 at 10:12 PM.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    Travelling until Dec 1, posting schedule may be erratic.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nevada

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    With uncharacteristic marksmanship, Ice lines up and shot and fires off a blazing fast bolt that not only hits, but goes through, the bug droid. A pile of ash falls upon Graff's shoulder where there once stood an enemy.
    DMing:
    - Warriors of Blackvale: IC OOC Doc

    The characters in my avatar were drawn by Meltheim.
    Playing:
    - Goattracker IC OOC
    - Rissy IC OOC

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Iron Victory's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Sairen stands stunned, unmoving as the carnage unfolds before him. He had forgotten the true brutality of the Sith, having been out of combat for so long. Remembering the fate of his troops on Corulag, he shudders. "Bring them down!" orders the Chiss, snapping out of his daze. Titus re-calibrates his aim and fires again at the skittering automatons.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sairen (I'm not very effective against droids...)
    Standard: Know Your Enemy: Galactic Lore (1d20+19)[26]
    (Try to learn their Reflex Defense and if they have the Evasion talent.)
    Swift: Activate Born Leader.
    Move: Battle Analysis (Auto-succeed.)

    Titus
    Standard Action: Fire his Blaster Cannon with at the droid(s). It's an Area Attack so he'll try to target as many as possible
    Attack: (1d20+13)[32]
    Damage: [roll]3d12+5)[/roll] 24
    Swift Action: Activate Harm's Way on Sairen.
    Last edited by Iron Victory; 2012-10-25 at 11:14 PM.
    Avatar by the fabulous Kid Kris.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Jarik watched in mute horror as Taki's face was cooked away. He was glad Grim and Smash's helmets had still been on when they died because seeing them die like that would have probably broken the squad's morale. It had sure as hell shaken his. The butcher's bill was growing far too quickly for this mission. If it kept up, there wouldn't be a platoon to lead by the end of it. He glanced to his left and saw Hammer. Her helmet obscured her face, but he could tell she was seething. There eye's met, and he saw her tense. She hated him right now, but it was fine. After fifty percent casualties to her squad in under two minutes, he hated himself.

    Sairen's assistance droid clatter up and let loose with its cannon and Jarik snapped his attention back to the fight, adding his fire to the droid's.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aim Fire Kill.
    (1d20+12)[21]
    (4d8+5)[26]

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    "I repeat, we have an enemy in the prison. I trust you guys can wrap up the droids, but if we sit here waiting each second we wait the enemy gets closer to the doctor. Wrap things up and then group up. Better for us to start clearing a path than trying to cram aboard."

    Kelaeon says through the com as he moves with Jax and the Red Acklays.

    "As for reasons for your name, you said he was dead."

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nevada

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Titus' targeting subroutines see through the dense fog, locate the droid, predict his likely movements and fire where the droid will be, rather than where it was. As expected, the droid lunges straight into a bolt, disintegrating its tiny frame.

    Meanwhile, Jax keeps pace with Kel. The hulking Herglic heaves his hefty Vibro-Hwandudaedo out of its heavyweight sheath. Jax twists the curved blade in his hand a few times before saying, "I can kill anything I put my mind to." He then sheathes his sword and draws his standard issue Blaster Rifle, "And what I can't cut, I'll blast." Smiling the Herglic continues, "I have your back Mission Leader."

    The two of you and the Red Acklay squad rush up the broad staircase and burst onto the docking platform where hundreds of crates have been laid out in a seemingly random and bizarre pattern. Together they form a large labyrinth, beyond which are two spiral staircases leading to an unmarked hallway and an elevator. As you make your way through the labyrinth, Kel becomes cognoscente of the fact that one of the Acklays has gone missing. You crouch down with the squad in a fairly protected portion of the maze. A headcount is called and, indeed, one of the troopers has gone missing - the Kel Dor named Wheezer.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2012-10-26 at 12:46 AM.
    DMing:
    - Warriors of Blackvale: IC OOC Doc

    The characters in my avatar were drawn by Meltheim.
    Playing:
    - Goattracker IC OOC
    - Rissy IC OOC

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Ice
    "You mean the givin on the Wheel who helped me and had his head blown off by a stormtrooper?" Ice asks, "Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's dead."
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    Travelling until Dec 1, posting schedule may be erratic.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Jarik let out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding when the last droid went down. He led the Banshees out of the cargo container and as far from the mist as possible, making sure their dead were brought with them. He had to resist the intense urge to remove his helmet and hurl it across the hangar.

    "Bones, get over here and take a look at Fatty. Try and get him up if you can. Police weapons and ammo. Sorry everyone, but there's nothing we can do for Smash, Grim and Showstopper now 'cept avenge 'em and complete this cluster-kark of an op. And can someone tell me what the hell just killed them?! The hell kind of chemical is this stang?"

    He looked around searching for Jax and noticed that he and the Acklays were missing.

    "Jax, Crash here. Where the hell did you and Acklay kark off to, over?"

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nevada

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Short as always, Jax replies, "We're up top in the docking area boss. Lost Wheezer. You see him?"
    DMing:
    - Warriors of Blackvale: IC OOC Doc

    The characters in my avatar were drawn by Meltheim.
    Playing:
    - Goattracker IC OOC
    - Rissy IC OOC

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Momma Bear was howling a few feet away from him, so he hoped he had heard wrong.
    "Shh!"
    Everyone around him, including the wookiee went silent.
    "Repeat last, over."
    Last edited by Noedig; 2012-10-26 at 01:33 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Graff grinds his teeth as he listens to the comm chatter. He'd noticed the Imperial Knight and one of the stormtrooper squads moving away during the fight with the droids, but hadn't had the time or leisure to really pay attention to it; now it's all he can do to stop himself unleashing a blistering torrent of invective. That green-as-grass Knight... "Stumbles, recommend you re-establish visual contact with the main body, soonest." There was a difference between speed and haste, after all; dividing your force and rushing headlong into an ambush was exactly the sort of hasty decision that ended up costing speed. And usually lives.
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mithric Gunn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Sharka follows along behind Keleaon, and light ripples along their forms as he immerses them in the current, light flowing around them.
    Right behind you, Knight Keleaon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Immersion: (1d20+17)[19]
    Lord Havelock Vetinari Avatar by AlfredAmeoba.
    "A sense of terrifying admiration overcame him.
    He wondered what it was like in the Patrician's mind. All cold and shiny, he thought, all blued steel and icicles and little wheels clicking along like a huge clock. The kind of mind that would carefully consider its own downfall and turn it to advantage." "Every evil tyrant has a plan to rule the world. The good people don't seem to have the knack."-Terry Pratchett

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •