Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 293
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Graff's voice crackles coldly over the comlink. "Open comms, rookie? All right by me.

    "Fact Four. The initial mission brief warned of extensive, lethal traps all through this facility, so there is ZERO reason to believe that the traps we've stumbled into are in any way connected to either the Sith bioweapon or to this mysterious presence you claim to have contacted within the facility. Moreover, setting traps does not seem to be within the capabilities of the victims of the bioweapon; and if they're the work of your Mysterious Presence, then it clearly has the run of the facility and the "race" is already lost.

    "Fact Five. The "race." You claim this Mysterious Presence - which only you have had any contact with or even sensed - has "challenged" us to a "race" to the objective. Karking think about that for three seconds, would you? If it's hostile and even moderately intelligent, WHY would it tell us its plans? And if you believe someone is so malevolent, why would you ever trust anything they say? We know of an excellent reason for our presumed opponent to lie - namely, to provoke us into rushing ahead blindly. With Krayt inbound we're certainly on the clock, but this "race" idea is like something a Kowackian Monkey-Lizard would dream up.

    Fact Six. We don't know the layout of this facility, and we most particularly don't know where inside it the objective might be. For all we know, it could be on this very level - which would make sense in a way, as the one-way design of the facility means that "near to the entrance" is also "far from the exit." But since we have no idea where anything is here, your whole "no time for exploring" schtick is just karking ridiculous. Any move we make at this point is "exploring!" So I'm going to go poke my head down that hallway, because that's the most promising avenue of exploration we have at the moment. If you're determined to climb the elevator shaft, that's your funeral."


    Graff turns and strides off toward the stairs leading up to the unmarked hallway.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+12)[19](31)
    Last edited by Philistine; 2012-11-02 at 12:21 PM.
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Kelaeon took a deep breath as he clenched his fist and paused for a moment as Graff spoke. He was starting to question the man's ability to not be a liability or at the very best to not get killed running off by himself. "I was under the impression we had more important things to do then be petty, but since you clearly don't..." Kelaeon says rolling his eyes.

    "Fact four, as you put it so maturely, are you even listening to yourself speak? Because if so then I'm even more worried about your mental state. I'm hoping the Vong spores are screwing with your brain, because I'd be very worried otherwise. You say there is zero reason for us to suspect the traps are connected because we knew there were traps. Yet you don't find the nature of the traps, the fact that there is suddenly a bioweapon and a dark presence, at all strange? So far most the traps have served to puncture suits, so unless you consider the bioweapon to be normal prison security defenses I think it is safe to say that at the very least some of these traps are not normal prison defenses. Let's compare the prison defenses we knew about to these new ones. Alright, the droids and the venting of the systems, seems like normal prison defenses. The shield generators that were supposed to exist, seems normal. The heavy blasters that auto-target anyone entering the wrong way, excessive, but makes sense as well. We knew there was a labyrinth and it was confusing, again makes sense to cause prisoners to get lost. Now let's compare to spike pits, bioweapons, and dark presences that recognize us. In addition, it is stupid to plan for the best and all plans should automatically assume the worst. Somebody released a bioweapon here and somebody is going after the doctor, you can assume all traps are normal prison traps, but it is safer and will have much less deaths to instead assume the worst and work on avoiding traps rather than trusting that we can get the prison not to hurt us."

    "Fact five, I'm not sure if you realize this but Force Sensitives are sent on missions for a reason. You might not be able to sense it, but honestly, I don't give a damn. I'm here for this very reason. Everyone here is supposed to provide some addition to the team and if you want to ignore something just because you can't sense it then you can turn around and head back to the ship now since trusting the entire squads perception is what is important here, not just your own. This is not the 'Graff' show, and you are NOT in charge of this mission. You can listen to everyone's senses, as opposed to just your own, or you can leave. Moving on past your implied statement and on to the race, you'll notice we are stopped here and working on what is best. You'll notice we made our way to this location then waited and didn't just jump on an elevator. This has little to do with blindly rushing ahead and more to do with saying not to waste time with things irrelevant to the mission. This is ignoring the fact I said the presence was dark and dangerous. As for why? Because the vibe I got from the conversation with them. I don't doubt they want the traps to work, but I also don't doubt they will move toward the doctor."

    "Fact six, I'm going to question your ability to listen now. My comment about exploration had nothing to do with whether we went down the hallway or up the elevator, that was in regards to running off and exploring ships. Context, you might want to learn it."

    Kelaeon nods at the hallway,"Now then, I will agree with you on one point. We don't know where our target is and sadly using the Force won't help much since in a labyrinth style prison direction isn't much aid. I don't trust the elevator, and can agree that climbing the shaft is not optimal. While I dislike heading toward an unmarked area, it does seem the better of the choices." He nods at the hallway, "Let's move. Again, stick with a partner. At least two, preferably more. Keep an eye on your partner at all times, call out if something happens as quickly as possible."


    Spoiler
    Show

    Forgot the perception roll after the monologue so...see ooc thread
    Last edited by Major; 2012-11-02 at 02:47 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Jarik opened up a private channel to Jax amidst the tirade.

    "Sith me, they sound like a married couple. Makes you wish we had a military leader, don't it? Less moaning and fewer pissing matches, that's for sure."

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nevada

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Jax hits his private comm and responds, "Damn non-military "officers". Don't know a karking thing about the military. Heck, most of the time real officers don't know much either. I only follow Gruntficers, like you sir. I'm glad you're here to straighten these poodoo "officers" out."
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2012-11-02 at 07:13 PM.
    Currently DMing:
    - Heroes of Songwillow: IC OOC Doc

    Currently Playing:
    - Damakos ~ IC OOC
    - Goattracker ~ IC OOC
    - Abea ~ IC OOC
    - Nathaniel ~ IC OOC

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    "Tell you what, kill 'em both."

    Jarik changed his mind as the words left his mouth.

    "Nah, scratch that. Deadeye's too good of a shot to get rid of and we need Stumbles to find the VIP. Plus Ice, Blue and Bones are down here and there's no way we could convince them to play along. Damn. Ah well, can't win 'em all."
    Last edited by Noedig; 2012-11-02 at 09:32 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Ice
    Ice is unable to hear anything from the box over the chatter from his team, but he's unable to feel any vibrations coming from the box either, so he assumes either the dampening field inside is preventing any signal from getting out, or there's nothing alive inside the box. He stows it back in his pack, then moves to follow Graff up the staircase leading to the unmarked hallway.

    "The prison is huge; too big to search all of it. We need to find a map or an idea of where in the prison our worm is," he says, "keep your eyes open for datapads or computer terminals... and traps."

    The Mrlssi pulls out his state of the art datapad and attempts to overlap their location on top of the 3D image sent to him by the Red Dawn's crew.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ice will begin mapping their progress through the prison on his datapad, and forward it to any datapads the rest of the party may be carrying; let me know if that's not possible.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    Traveling. Posting schedule may be interrupted.

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nevada

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Everyone walks up the narrow spiral stairs, which are only wide enough to accommodate one at a time. Kel is the first to the door. It is unremarkable in every way. Just a standard issue, Imperial Reinforced Door, which is used across the Empire. A small control is located to the door's right, on which two buttons flash - one that says open, the other close. Kel taps the open button. With a swoosh, the door flies open, beyond which lays a long, tight, dark hallway. The light from the cargo area floods into the hallway revealing a simple passageway with - gray-steel walls and ceiling and standardized deck plating. A lone door stands at the end of the hallway. It, like the door you just opened is of standard imperial design with a small control panel flashing to its right.

    As Kel takes a step into the passageway, an eerie red hologram manifests before him at the end of the hall. The Chagrin female speaks in hushed whispers, "I am the Lady of Pain. Welcome to my prison. There is no hope of escape except through the lone exit at the top of the mountain. Don't think about stepping backwards, the hallway's deck plating has been lined with thermal detonators. Any back stepping will immediately trigger the trap. I hope you enjoy your time here, for you may die. If you do, please scream loudly..." The hologram whisks out of existence.
    Currently DMing:
    - Heroes of Songwillow: IC OOC Doc

    Currently Playing:
    - Damakos ~ IC OOC
    - Goattracker ~ IC OOC
    - Abea ~ IC OOC
    - Nathaniel ~ IC OOC

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    "Oh fan-karking-tastic. We just stumbled into a regular Sith fun house. Brilliant."

    Jarik reached for the toolkit in his utility belt, but stopped midway.

    "I'm not gonna kark with this set up. It's probably tamper proof, and if there's a thermal det under each tile, I'll blow a hole in this mountain the Dawn could fly through. This is the point of no return. We go into this hallway there's no goin' back."

    Jarik turned to the remaining squads of his platoon.

    "Anyone wants out, now's the time. I ain't gonna order you into this deathtrap. Volunteers only."
    Last edited by Noedig; 2012-11-05 at 10:24 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Ice
    "Well, she was nice," Ice says, "anyone see the holo projector?"
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-11-05 at 10:26 AM.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    Traveling. Posting schedule may be interrupted.

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nevada

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    None of the Boom Panthers move a muscle. They're in this for the long haul.

    Ice spots a tiny little projector on the ceiling at the end of the hallway. He attempts to network with it but finds it has no wireless capabilities.
    Currently DMing:
    - Heroes of Songwillow: IC OOC Doc

    Currently Playing:
    - Damakos ~ IC OOC
    - Goattracker ~ IC OOC
    - Abea ~ IC OOC
    - Nathaniel ~ IC OOC

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Ice
    "If that holoprojector is linked to a central computer and someone could boost me up to work on it, we might be able to slice into it from the projector and get a prisoner manifest or a map," Ice says, "Or we could just hope we find something else later, when we aren't in a room full of thermal detonators, your call."

    The Mrlssi looks to Kel.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    Traveling. Posting schedule may be interrupted.

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Kelaeon pauses, "We'd have to be very careful. I don't want you just lifted since if someone stumbles or you fall it could end up killing you and others. If you think you can access it I'll use the Force to lift you so you can examine it, otherwise we move on." Kelaeon states.

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Ice
    "Why not everyone move forward first, just in case something goes off, only me and Kel get blown up?" Ice says.

    "And that way, I don't get blown up if anyone decides to accidentally fall backwards," he thinks.

    If the holocam is embedded in the wall, the Mrlssi unslings his pack and pulls out a durasteel cutter, hanging it from his belt alongside his toolkit.

    "Someone hang on to my pack," he says, "ready when you are."

    Spoiler
    Show
    The idea is that the holo projector is wired to some kind of central computer. If it's immediately apparent that this is not the case, Ice will skip trying to hack the projector.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-11-05 at 10:58 PM.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    Traveling. Posting schedule may be interrupted.

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Jarik smirked behind his helmet.

    "You all are the biggest bunch of dumbasses, ever. I gave you idiots a way out, and I've got witnesses. So you've all got a hard-on for death? Fine by me, we'll see if we can't get you laid."

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    "Right," Kelaeon says with a sigh, "Here is hoping we don't blow up..." Kelaeon mumbles as he waits for the others to move past and ahead.

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nevada

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Everyone shuffles through the hallway. There's a tense moment when Graff almost takes a step backwards as he sneezes hard but he maintains his composure. Kell taps the door panel, revealing a small room with three more doors. Ice remains at the far end of the hallway, waiting until everyone is clear. Everyone files into the crammed room. Kel now stands on the opposite side of the hall from Ice.


    Spoiler
    Show

    ____________
    |.................|
    |.................|
    |.......K........|
    |____ ______|
    .......| |.......
    .......|P|.......
    .......| |.......
    .......| |.......
    .......| |.......
    .......| |.......
    .......| |.......
    ........ I


    K = Kel
    I = Ice
    P = Projector

    Currently DMing:
    - Heroes of Songwillow: IC OOC Doc

    Currently Playing:
    - Damakos ~ IC OOC
    - Goattracker ~ IC OOC
    - Abea ~ IC OOC
    - Nathaniel ~ IC OOC

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    "Alright let's hope this works." Kelaeon says drawing on the Force to try and grip Ice. "Let me know when you are ready and I'll lift you." Once Ice was ready, Kelaeon would try to pick up the man.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move Object
    Use the Force check: (1d20+16)[20]
    Edit: DC 20, so can pick up to large size and if I decide to smash Ice against a wall or chuck him at evil things its 4d6.

    Not using as weapon so no need for damage, just making the roll for maximum size. Honestly not much need for the roll anyways since its a DC 15 to pick up Ice and Ice is willing so no need to beat will save, but eh, whatevs.

    Spending standard actions to maintain the power obviously from round to round.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-11-06 at 01:40 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Ice
    "Just don't drop me," Ice says, "in case you hadn't noticed, not only are these feathers vestigial, they're inside my suit."
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-11-06 at 04:08 AM.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    Traveling. Posting schedule may be interrupted.

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nevada

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Ice is lifted off the ground and slowly brought into the hallway. As he nears the halway mark, the hologram reappears. The woman has a frown on her face as she says, "Shifts in air currents detected. Flying creature assumed. Raising floor to compensate." Suddenly a loud grown can be heard as the floor slowly moves up and up and up until Ice's feet are mere milometers from the deck plating. The woman then says, "No pressure detected. Lowering the floor to previous levels."

    A collective sigh of relief can be heard from the troopers behind Kel who were all holding their breaths.

    Ice is then maneuvered up to the projector and begins to poke around. He finds that it is not connected to the main server but a secondary server, which includes control over the Prison's intercom. Ice manages to wirelessly network the intercom with his datapad. He also finds a single line of text written by someone with access to the secondary servers; it merely reads, "They're banging. Banging. Always banging. Why can't they go away? Why must I die this way?"

    While that is going on, Jarik and Sairen look about their new surroundings. The three doors are painted a different color - one red, one blue and the last green. There are no distinguishing marks or labels other than the colors.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2012-11-06 at 12:05 PM.
    Currently DMing:
    - Heroes of Songwillow: IC OOC Doc

    Currently Playing:
    - Damakos ~ IC OOC
    - Goattracker ~ IC OOC
    - Abea ~ IC OOC
    - Nathaniel ~ IC OOC

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Ice
    "Alright, get me outta here," Ice says.

    Once in the room with the others, he lets out a sigh of relief.

    "I could only get into a secondary server, which gives us control over intercoms," he says, "listen to this."
    The Mrlssi hits a button on his datapad and plays back the recording from the intercom server.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    Traveling. Posting schedule may be interrupted.

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Kelaeon sighs, "Better than nothing and good to see how it reacts to us flying over..." He notes as he sets down Ice gently.

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Ice
    "Red, blue, and green. Any normal person would pick blue or green, the safe colors, so I say we either open the red door, or look for a secret door in the ceiling," Ice says.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    Traveling. Posting schedule may be interrupted.

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    "I say 'kark it.' You lot are in command, not me. We're the hammer. You point, we smash, end of story. Pick the karking door, we'll kick it in."

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    "One safe against two dangerous also seems most likely." Kelaeon says with a nod, "Anyone else?"

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mithric Gunn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    "Perhaps they all lead to danger? No way of knowing until we open one. Does anyone have a chance die?"
    Lord Havelock Vetinari Avatar by AlfredAmeoba.
    "A sense of terrifying admiration overcame him.
    He wondered what it was like in the Patrician's mind. All cold and shiny, he thought, all blued steel and icicles and little wheels clicking along like a huge clock. The kind of mind that would carefully consider its own downfall and turn it to advantage." "Every evil tyrant has a plan to rule the world. The good people don't seem to have the knack."-Terry Pratchett

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Iron Victory's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    "Sith torture-prisons aren't exactly my expertise. The red door seems the best pick, however, it could very well be a no-win scenario. The only way to win a game against Sith is not to play." The Chiss gestures absently at Kelaeon and Sharka. "Aren't force users able to sense the short-term outcomes of actions? Couldn't you try that on the doors?"
    Last edited by Iron Victory; 2012-11-08 at 09:12 PM.
    Avatar by the fabulous Kid Kris.

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mithric Gunn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    "It didn't work before, but its worth a try."
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+17)[33] utf if we go in the red door.
    Lord Havelock Vetinari Avatar by AlfredAmeoba.
    "A sense of terrifying admiration overcame him.
    He wondered what it was like in the Patrician's mind. All cold and shiny, he thought, all blued steel and icicles and little wheels clicking along like a huge clock. The kind of mind that would carefully consider its own downfall and turn it to advantage." "Every evil tyrant has a plan to rule the world. The good people don't seem to have the knack."-Terry Pratchett

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    "I would kill for a cigarette right now. Damn plague."

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    Ice
    "Fine, I'll go through," Ice said.

    The Mrlssi pulls out a line from his utility belt and ties it around his waist, then hands the loose end to Graff.

    "Hold this," he says.

    He then begins inspecting the red door for signs of being rigged with some kind of trigger or trap.

    "Knight Kel," he says, mimicking an official sounding inquiry voice, "how did you deem it was in the team's best interest to let your only slicer and mechanical specialist take point position in a prison filled with deadly booby traps?"

    With that (assuming Ice does not find any traps), the diminutive slicer pushes the door open while standing against the wall, near the hinge.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    Traveling. Posting schedule may be interrupted.

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: E-i-E - Ardent Emancipation

    "I thought bad ideas were my thing, Ice. Remember the Wheel?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •