New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    **what if they recurse through the 7 editions of DnD all the way back to the original game?
    ***Am not allowed to have my orginal D&D character make a 4e character who happens to be the character indirectly controlling the original D&D character.
    ****Making an uninterrupted loop through the D&D editions in this manner casues the multiverse to implode and I am reduced to playing Risus as my only PnP RPG medium.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

*I may never have a skeleton key
    **Plastic explosive is not "the cheap way in"
    ***Nor is a snowplow.
    Many thanks to Ceika for my Avatar

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Riverdance View Post
    ** If I do get a skeleton key, all locks will henceforth be replaced by pin tumbler locks.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    ** If I do get a skeleton key, all locks will henceforth be replaced by pin tumbler locks.
    *** The DM is not concerned with anachronism, and I am not to argue against this change on that basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

** With the exception of a skeletally reanimated, maul-wielding barbarian who smashes locks into itty bitty bits.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

6. - Top - End - #276

ElfWarriorGuy

*If in any game where I have nothing under +25 in a social skill at lvl 9, I will not complain when the rest of the party attacks me without warning while I attempt to talk to them about "accidentally" using prestigitation to soil a party members hair while they sleep.

(The person in question was a girl who was playing a teenage royal half-sea-elf... not a good idea, especially when we hadn't had a good combat for an entire session)

**As the groups reputation builds I may not request "Open Negotiations" after asking the DM that my reputation would built as the "Silver Tongued Master of Persuasion" and expect not to be attacked on sight.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adoendithas View Post
    * My 4E characters may not roll up characters and start playing 3.5E within the game.
    ** My 3.5 characters can't roll up characters and start playing 2E within the game.
    *** My 2E characters can't roll up characters and start playing AD&D within the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doxkid View Post
    *AD&D characters travelling to the future( and/or out of reality) and meeting the 4E characters that are playing the characters that are playing the characters that are playing them is right out.
    ** If the players go too far in messing with reality, the DM is expected to kill someone/something a middle instance of the Matryoshka effect and watch the consequences trickle down through realities, laughing uproarously all the while.
    *Whenever an idea is mentioned looking like this, this is an obligatory reference.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

8. - Top - End - #278
    Halfling in the Playground

* My summoner/monk's eidolon cannot itself be a monk.
    ** My summoner/monk may not be a vampire.
    *** Said vampire may not stop time.
    ** If my summoner/monk's first and last names both start with "Jo," I am to be removed from the game with extreme prejudice.
    ** I may no longer multiclass as summoner.
    Science team has vapor for brains!

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

* My 4E characters may not roll up characters and start playing 3.5E within the game.
    ** My 3.5 characters can't roll up characters and start playing 2E within the game.
    *** My 2E characters can't roll up characters and start playing AD&D within the game.
    *AD&D characters travelling to the future( and/or out of reality) and meeting the 4E characters that are playing the characters that are playing the characters that are playing them is right out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    ***Am not allowed to have my orginal D&D character make a 4e character who happens to be the character indirectly controlling the original D&D character.
    ****Making an uninterrupted loop through the D&D editions in this manner casues the multiverse to implode and I am reduced to playing Risus as my only PnP RPG medium.
    I find your lack of fourth-wall-breaking distrubing.

* In any campaign set in the real world in the present day, I may not have my character intrude upon the tabletop gaming session in which he is being played.
    ** I may not then start a conversation with "myself."
    *** "I" am not then required to narrate my "character's" responses in this conversation, and so on.
    **** Congratulations, you just divded the campaign by zero. Are you happy now?
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2012-10-26 at 09:25 AM. Reason: "narrative" -> "narrate"
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    I find your lack of fourth-wall-breaking distrubing.

* In any campaign set in the real world in the present day, I may not have my character intrude upon the tabletop gaming session in which he is being played.
    ** I may not then start a conversation with "myself."
    *** "I" am not then required to narrative my "character's" responses in this conversation, and so on.
    **** Congratulations, you just divded the campaign by zero. Are you happy now?
    Well played good sir.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

* Any characters in my Greyhawk-based campaign cannot run a campaign in a fantasy world which, coincidentally, is exactly like modern Earth.
    ** If this happens, my character's character cannot talk to me, the player.
    *** This does NOT get around the previous post.
    Awesome avatar by I♥P&P!

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

* While it is all right for the Summoner to mercilessly abuse their summons as trap-springers, meatshields, and general damage sponges, Dretches still do not look like penguins, and do not address everyone as 'dood'.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

13. - Top - End - #283

*Any familiars with silly names such as "fifi," "toto," "lulu," "pepe," "bobo," etc.. should be expected to die.
    **This goes for characters too.
    ***I am not to protest when Bobo the Fighter is eliminated in the funniest way the DM could think of.
    Last edited by Riverdance; 2012-10-26 at 03:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284

*I am to remember that using my books is a privelege, not a right.
    **That means no worshiping elder evils for the bonus feats.
    ***Dark Chaos Shuffle is out, too.
    ****Assume LA buyoff is not in effect, even when it is.
    *****The privelege has been revoked.
    ******...Wait, reverse that. Core is the privelege that's been revoked.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Halfling in the Playground

* My monk does not fight with nose hair, flatulence or any other ridiculous martial art not involving arms, legs and headbutts.
    Science team has vapor for brains!

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

*Duct Tape does not exist in D&D
    **I may not invent it

*any plan of mine that I cannot deliver with a straight face is vetoed

*I may not use the spell, Summon instrament to drop grand pianos on my enemies.
    Warning!! This poster makes frequent use of Sarcasm, Jokes, and Exaggeration. He intends no offense.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Firbolg in the Playground

*Any familiars with silly names such as "fifi," "toto," "lulu," "pepe," "bobo," etc.. should be expected to die.
    **This goes for characters too.
    ***I am not to protest when Bobo the Fighter is eliminated in the funniest way the DM could think of.
    **** As a DM, if my attempts to kill Bobo the Fighter fail miserably, I am not trying hard enough.
    ***** If I "kill" a player's character by taking the sheet out back and burning it, I am not to be surprised when they had a backup sheet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

18. - Top - End - #288

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    **** As a DM, if my attempts to kill Bobo the Fighter fail miserably, I am not trying hard enough.
    ***** If I "kill" a player's character by taking the sheet out back and burning it, I am not to be surprised when they had a backup sheet.
    ******Naming the high level villain "Bubu" after killing said fighter is in bad taste.

*I may not look in the Iron Chef thread for inspiration.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

My lizardfolk Dragonfire Adept may not be named Godzilla.
    * Or Gojira
    ** He is also banned from ever drinking potions of Enlarge Person
    *** Or using scrolls of Enlarge Person via UMD
    **** No, no wands either, damn it.
    ***** Especially not in a halfling city.
    ****** Nor is he allowed to commission a magic item that causes anyone speaking within 100' of him to have their lips appear two seconds out of synch with their words.
    Last edited by Shpadoinkle; 2012-10-28 at 01:12 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

Characters in my game are no longer allowed to:
    * Take ranks in Craft (Bodies)
    ** Use Craft (Bodies) to craft a tree made of corpses
    *** Use the heads of said bodies as fruit on the corpse tree

A certain player in my group is no longer allowed to:
    * Have ideas
    ** Share these ideas with the rest of the party
    *** If he speaks, he is on time out.
    **** Have a dagger that in one hit does more damage than the party fighter and barbarian both doing full attacks.
    ***** Possess, craft, or even know about, Lyres of Building

I am not allowed to:
    * Accidentally make a gnomish Hitler
    ** Even if we happen to be fighting Jewish stereotypes
    *** Especially if my primary form of attack is bombs that incinerate and gas everything
    Last edited by Black Mage; 2012-10-28 at 01:44 PM.
    Member of the Belkar Fanclub

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeWizard View Post
    Jade Phoenix Mages have the coolest capstone ability ever. They explode. Low on health? explode. Surrounded? expolde. Outsiders? explode. Explode? explode. Come back a few rounds later with all your hp.

R.I.P. Gary Gygax

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage View Post
    I am not allowed to:
    * Accidentally make a gnomish Hitler
    ** Even if we happen to be fighting Jewish stereotypes
    *** Especially if my primary form of attack is bombs that incinerate and gas everything
    **** Unless the attack in question is directed against the DM himself, then it's cool.
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

I am no longer allowed to ruin the game by accidentally "figuring out" the "plot twist" (which was actually lifted from an old movie) halfway through the first paragraph of the DM's introductory monologue in the first session.
    * Especially if the plot twist happens to be lifted from Zardoz.

I may no longer convince other players to make dwarven wizards who happen to be twins and fistbump before every fight while shouting "Thunder Twin Powers, activate!"
    *Even if it IS a Forgotten Realms campaign.
    ** ESPECIALLY if it's a Forgotten Realms campaign.
    Last edited by Shpadoinkle; 2012-10-28 at 08:40 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293

Quote Originally Posted by vasharanpaladin View Post
    *I am to remember that using my books is a privelege, not a right.
    **That means no worshiping elder evils for the bonus feats.
    ***Dark Chaos Shuffle is out, too.
    ****Assume LA buyoff is not in effect, even when it is.
    *****The privelege has been revoked.
    ******...Wait, reverse that. Core is the privelege that's been revoked.
    *******The warforged warblade that walks into the lake to kill the fish-monster with Stone Dragon maneuvers is pushing it.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

* I am no longer allowed to play races with more than two arms
    ** Especially Xill
    *** Especially if I make a Xill Warblade
    **** I cannot name my character "The Meatgrinder"
    ***** Even if I one-round every monster we encounter.
    ****** I am no longer allowed to use or even mention Tome of Battle
    Member of the Belkar Fanclub

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeWizard View Post
    Jade Phoenix Mages have the coolest capstone ability ever. They explode. Low on health? explode. Surrounded? expolde. Outsiders? explode. Explode? explode. Come back a few rounds later with all your hp.

R.I.P. Gary Gygax

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by vasharanpaladin View Post
    *******The warforged warblade that walks into the lake to kill the fish-monster with Stone Dragon maneuvers is pushing it.
    ********which is impressive, as you managed to perform that after being banned from using the combat or interaction rules
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

* Under no circumstances am I allowed to use the pressure at the bottom of the Elemental Plane of Water, the air pressure in Greyhawk, and the diameter of a Decanter of Endless Water to determine how hard it should be able to blast.

** 560 liters per second, by the way, with my assumptions about gravity and area.
    Awesome avatar by I♥P&P!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

* Under no circumstances am I allowed to use the pressure at the bottom of the Elemental Plane of Water, the air pressure in Greyhawk, and the diameter of a Decanter of Endless Water to determine how hard it should be able to blast.

** 560 liters per second, by the way, with my assumptions about gravity and area.
    ***Not to point out the fact that the Elemental Plane of water is infinte, and has infinite pressure
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

The Elemental Plane of Water is explicitly endless in all directions, and therefore has negligible (not quite zero though due to being slightly non-uniform) net gravity at all points.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

* we may no longer have only characters with reduced rest times.
    ** we may not have 1 small character who sleeps on a tenser's floating disc (through a talisman of the disc.) after taking watch for the others.
    *** we may no longer find cheap magic items in major cities.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage View Post
    * I am no longer allowed to play races with more than two arms
    ** Especially Xill
    *** Especially if I make a Xill Warblade
    **** I cannot name my character "The Meatgrinder"
    ***** Even if I one-round every monster we encounter.
    ****** I am no longer allowed to use or even mention Tome of Battle
    wouldn't using strikes instead of full-attacks be counterproductive if you're using multi-weapon fighting?
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"