Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 1509
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kelb_Panthera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    wouldn't using strikes instead of full-attacks be counterproductive if you're using multi-weapon fighting?
    One word, man: Tigerclaw.

    The boosts for TWF'ers (or mutliweapon in this case) are just plain nasty if you're not used to that kind of blenderization.
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

    Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign

    Avatar by Tiffanie Lirle

  2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    *I may no longer Charm members of the other team during a friendly soccer game.
    *I am no longer allowed to protect the goal by shapeshifting into a form larger than it.
    **Filling the entire goal box with magically grown, virtually impenetrable vegetation is right out.

    (Needless to say, neither team scored after that)
    Last edited by Bucky; 2012-10-29 at 10:30 PM.
    This space intentionally left blank

  3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    *I may no longer Charm members of the other team during a friendly soccer game.
    *I am no longer allowed to protect the goal by shapeshifting into a form larger than it.
    **Filling the entire goal box with magically grown, virtually impenetrable vegetation is right out.

    (Needless to say, neither team scored after that)
    *** Casting Web is also disallowed
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 Internet(s) and 2 Win(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

    *It does.*

    What.

  4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Wookieetank's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kashyyyk
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    *I may no longer Charm members of the other team during a friendly soccer game.
    *I am no longer allowed to protect the goal by shapeshifting into a form larger than it.
    **Filling the entire goal box with magically grown, virtually impenetrable vegetation is right out.

    (Needless to say, neither team scored after that)
    ****Having the game suddenly transform into a game of quidditch is not entirely unexpected at this point.

  5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Adoendithas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Ruins of Azure City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    ****Having the game suddenly transform into a game of quidditch is not entirely unexpected at this point.
    ***** Even so, I may not Persisted Mass Fly everyone.
    Awesome avatar by I♥P&P!

  6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Black Mage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    One word, man: Tigerclaw.

    The boosts for TWF'ers (or mutliweapon in this case) are just plain nasty if you're not used to that kind of blenderization.
    Tiger Claw, plus using feats to get Desert Wind boosts. Also, my redeemed Xill was wielding four +1 holy adamantine battleaxes. I made the DM cry.
    Member of the Belkar Fanclub


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeWizard View Post
    Jade Phoenix Mages have the coolest capstone ability ever. They explode. Low on health? explode. Surrounded? expolde. Outsiders? explode. Explode? explode. Come back a few rounds later with all your hp.
    Avatar by: Rex Idiotarum


    R.I.P. Gary Gygax

  7. - Top - End - #307
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Wookieetank's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kashyyyk
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Adoendithas View Post
    ***** Even so, I may not Persisted Mass Fly everyone.
    *+1: Mass summoning flying brooms is allowed and even encouraged though.

  8. - Top - End - #308
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    *Being Nauseated does not entitle me to use vomiting as a breath weapon.
    **If I somehow manage to hit an enemy with my vomit, it does not do acid damage.
    **I may not use vomiting as a breath weapon even if I am not Nauseated.
    This space intentionally left blank

  9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dimers's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    *Being Nauseated does not entitle me to use vomiting as a breath weapon.
    **If I somehow manage to hit an enemy with my vomit, it does not do acid damage.
    **I may not use vomiting as a breath weapon even if I am not Nauseated.
    My tabletop 3.5 game is currently in a ruined temple half-filled with water befouled by mummies, zombie frogs and naga pee. If you slip and fall underwater, there's a chance you swallow some and have to make a save against nausea. So at one point recently, our game log mentioned a character "blowing bubbles and chunks".
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

  10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Techwarrior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage View Post
    Tiger Claw, plus using feats to get Desert Wind boosts. Also, my redeemed Xill was wielding four +1 holy adamantine battleaxes. I made the DM cry.
    Thri-Keen sir. Thri-keen. Nothing beats jumping farther than you can run with Sudden Leap.

    May not Sudden Leap to the enemy's archery specialist from the edge of his first range increment (who has Far Shot).
    May not then use my Belt of Battle to activate Inferno Blade.
    Afterwards, may not then use Time Stands Still, with 4 Keen Scimitars.

  11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kelb_Panthera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Techwarrior View Post
    Thri-Keen sir. Thri-keen. Nothing beats jumping farther than you can run with Sudden Leap.

    May not Sudden Leap to the enemy's archery specialist from the edge of his first range increment (who has Far Shot).
    May not then use my Belt of Battle to activate Inferno Blade.
    Afterwards, may not then use Time Stands Still, with 4 Keen Scimitars.
    *If I make a character that is essentially a sapient blender, I must remember to only use the puree setting on BBEG's.
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

    Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign

    Avatar by Tiffanie Lirle

  12. - Top - End - #312
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Razanir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The last place you look
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    * I may not use this thread as character inspiration

    Also, can we switch back over to numbers next thread? Yes I realize that's a while away, but I miss knowing (roughly) how many bad ideas we've collectively had
    Avatar from anythingcomic.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am an 11/11/12/15/12/14 LG Wiz 1/Clr 1

    I have invented a new pronoun. is to be referred to as V/vim/vis/vis/vimself instead of he/him/his/his/himself or she/her/her/hers/herself

  13. - Top - End - #313
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    I think the answer to "how many" is "far too".

    Anyway, have a couple more:
    * I may not make a Reverse Gravity trap in the middle of the town square
    ** Nor may I make a bunch of Darkness and Daylight traps scattered throughout the town
    *** OK, no more traps in populated areas
    **** No more traps, period
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 Internet(s) and 2 Win(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

    *It does.*

    What.

  14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Forrestfire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    *I will not let my player's Druid have a velociraptor for an animal companion.
    **Even if they are a part of my campaign world.
    ***This character may not consider herself to be a velociraptor, and her companion to be her brother.
    ****The raptor's name may not be Jarvis.

    ...

    *****This character will have difficulties in social situations when she refuses to leave the raptor outside of shops.
    Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
    Avatar by Djinn in Tonic

  15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground
     
    TuggyNE's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Recovering from RSI
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    *****This character will have difficulties in social situations when she refuses to leave the raptor outside of shops.
    ****** "Jarvis, rip 'em to shreds" is not a suitable opener for Diplomacy.
    ******* Or Bluff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

    Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

  16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Socratov's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Below sea level
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    ********it is however, perfectly suited for intimidate

    Baubles for Blackwing!

    “The game, Viktor, is on!” - Avatar by the Outstanding Oneris

    Previous avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    Original by Grinner



    Original Tyrion by Smuchmuch:



    Pony Tyrion by Elemental:


  17. - Top - End - #317
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Crazyfailure13's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    * I'm not to use the Cantrip Light for torturing goblins
    ** If I do and they come back for revenge, I'm not allowed to effortlessly slaughter all but one of them
    *** I cannot recruit the last one alive into my party
    **** especially if I convinced the DM to give him class levels
    ***** Even moreso if the DM let me write up the Goblins new character sheet
    ******said Goblin cannot then train the stableboy I bought in the art kungfu
    Call me Crazy

    To everyone who was in a PbP game with me
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sorry for dissappearing poverty took its toll on my Internet access and electricity.


    Spoiler
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #318
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    *Being Nauseated does not entitle me to use vomiting as a breath weapon.
    **If I somehow manage to hit an enemy with my vomit, it does not do acid damage.
    **I may not use vomiting as a breath weapon even if I am not Nauseated.
    ***I may not pick up vomit and proceed to use it as a projectile weapon.
    ****Ok, I can, but it won't do that much damage.
    *****May not go on a vomit-throwing rampage thought the world.
    ******May no longer play adventurer mode of Dwarf Fortress ever again.

  19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Metahuman1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    *If I make a character that is essentially a sapient blender, I must remember to only use the puree setting on BBEG's.
    *I may not play a Warforged Totemist 6/Warblade 14, max ranks in martial Lore to make sure you can get the manuvers to qualify for Raging Mongoose + Time Stands Still.

    *If I do so, I may not have leadership to give me a bard cohort with Optimized Inspire Courage and Dragonfire Inspiration granting Force or Sonic damage.

    *Or an amulet of Mighty Fists enchanted with the speed property.

    *As the DM, if I break above rule, I may not bulk when the above character has 96 attacks in a single attack routine, boosted with 10d6 + 10 to damage above his own personal modifiers form his cohort.

    *As the player, I may not wait till the very last battle with the BBEG to do this after the rest of the party has taken out his Miss chance and softened up his AC, Just to see the look on the DM's face when he realizes that it's a RAW legit trick and build.
    "I Burn!"

  20. - Top - End - #320
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Razanir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The last place you look
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    * My ninja with Vow of Poverty may not be worth more than the average party of four level ones
    Last edited by Razanir; 2012-11-01 at 02:47 PM.
    Avatar from anythingcomic.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am an 11/11/12/15/12/14 LG Wiz 1/Clr 1

    I have invented a new pronoun. is to be referred to as V/vim/vis/vis/vimself instead of he/him/his/his/himself or she/her/her/hers/herself

  21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    toapat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    *Plan A does not involve Chainlightning
    **Plan B does not involve DBF
    ***Plan C does not involve your custom researched DBF
    ****But it may include Expedious Retreat


    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

    PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

    I use Red when I'm angry, I use blue when I'm excited.
    Drow avatar @ myself

  22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Forrestfire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    *Just because the dragon I woke up is Good-aligned doesn't mean he won't eat me if I act up. He was napping, and people are grouchy in the morning.
    **If he asks me for my life story, don't refuse. He'll ask my familiar using speak with animals instead, and then I won't get to embellish it.
    Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
    Avatar by Djinn in Tonic

  23. - Top - End - #323
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    *Just because the dragon I woke up is Good-aligned doesn't mean he won't eat me if I act up. He was napping, and people are grouchy in the morning.
    ** The same goes for the half-dragon fighter.
    *** Especially if she uses her greatsword in the same way as most children uses a teddy bear.
    **** If you make fun of her for this don't be surprised if she teaches you a few key differences between both teddy-bears and greatswords along with normal people and half-dragons.
    ***** If it has any amount of scales don't wake it up no matter what color the scales are.
    ******Dragons are rarely, if ever, "early birds".

  24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kelb_Panthera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    * I will not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for I am crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

    (I couldn't help it after reading the last couple of posts.)
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

    Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign

    Avatar by Tiffanie Lirle

  25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground
     
    TuggyNE's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Recovering from RSI
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by NikitaDarkstar View Post
    ***** If it has any amount of scales don't wake it up no matter what color the scales are.
    ******* Tentacles are a similar warning sign, granted by the DM's mercy and benevolence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

    Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

  26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    LordDeathkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Definitely lost
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    **If he asks me for my life story, don't refuse. He'll ask my familiar using speak with animals instead, and then I won't get to embellish it.
    *My familiar may not embellish my life story even more than I normally would.
    **I may not ask my GM if my familiar can have the Taunt feat
    ***If he says yes, I should not attempt to use it on the BBEG
    ****If I do, I should not get upset when he casts Telekinesis to throw my familiar half a mile away.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

    [Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

  27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    * I will not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for I am crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

    (I couldn't help it after reading the last couple of posts.)
    **Mustard is also acceptable.
    ***Fried onions are compulsory.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Socratov's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Below sea level
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    *when playing a bard with perform(horn) I am allowed to change the name of Inspire courage to Inspire Awesome when using wagner to perform on the horn. This is immune to rule zero.
    **coupled with DFI this get's ramped up to Inspire Legend-wait for it-DARY!
    Last edited by Socratov; 2012-11-03 at 08:29 AM.

    Baubles for Blackwing!

    “The game, Viktor, is on!” - Avatar by the Outstanding Oneris

    Previous avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    Original by Grinner



    Original Tyrion by Smuchmuch:



    Pony Tyrion by Elemental:


  29. - Top - End - #329
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    *when playing a bard with perform(horn) I am allowed to change the name of Inspire courage to Inspire Awesome when using wagner to perform on the horn. This is immune to rule zero.
    **coupled with DFI this get's ramped up to Inspire Legend-wait for it-DARY!
    ***playing a bard is a perfectly good reason to bring your RL horn to the session

    ()@' represent
    SSBitP
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "Creativity is the art of knowing how to hide one's sources." - Original quote, DO NOT STEAL.

  30. - Top - End - #330
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Razanir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The last place you look
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Malak'ai View Post
    **Mustard is also acceptable.
    ***Fried onions are compulsory.
    **** However, baking you into a nice quiche is going a bit overboard
    Avatar from anythingcomic.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am an 11/11/12/15/12/14 LG Wiz 1/Clr 1

    I have invented a new pronoun. is to be referred to as V/vim/vis/vis/vimself instead of he/him/his/his/himself or she/her/her/hers/herself

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •