New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

*I am no aloud to have a maxed out Decieve skill.
    **I am especially not aloud to use said Decieve skill to convince rats that I am their queen, and they must obey my every word.
    ***Nor am I aloud to create an army of rats to besige a city.
    Alexander leah and Kymme deserves much love and appreciation.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Unbeknownst View Post
    *I am no aloud to have a maxed out Decieve skill.
    **I am especially not aloud to use said Decieve skill to convince rats that I am their queen, and they must obey my every word.
    ***Nor am I aloud to create an army of rats to besige a city.
    ****I may, however, do these things without speaking

These are all from the same player:

*May not go to town specifically to get drunk
    **May not, while drunk, use major creation in conjunction with stone shape to make crude statues of himself
    ***May not deny all such activity in the morning when the rest of the party wakes up

*May not insult everyone in the elven capitol, including the doorman to the mage's guild
    **May not attack the door to the mage's guild
    ***May not attempt to flame strike the mage's guild upon being unable to open the door
    ****Be surprised when he is hit with five maximized lightning bolts when he refuses to leave after being asked to go away
    *****May not complain when he dies, as he wanted to speak directly with his god anyway
    A few odds and ends.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Barbarian in the Playground

* I may no longer make the DM realize he is a hipster. He will get depressed
    * I may no longer use the phrase "Bag of Infinite Possible PCs"
    Last edited by Zahhak; 2012-11-15 at 02:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

*may not set fire to self to prevent being grappled by enemies

*may not use this thread as a checklist

*May not have a bucket list
    **It may not involve acutal buckets
    ***If I kill another PC with a bucket when he is 4 levels ahead of me, I will be beaten mercelessly with DMGs and Players Handbooks
    Warning!! This poster makes frequent use of Sarcasm, Jokes, and Exaggeration. He intends no offense.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

*The verbal component for Charm Person/ Suggestion / Dominate Person or any other mind-controlling spell is NOT "Would you Kindly?"

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PaperMustache View Post
    *The verbal component for Charm Person/ Suggestion / Dominate Person or any other mind-controlling spell is NOT "Would you Kindly?"
    **Would you kindly redact that post.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

** "The power of [deity of choice] compells you" however is acceptable, particularly when playing as a cleric of the mentioned deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    ** "The power of [deity of choice] compells you" however is acceptable, particularly when playing as a cleric of the mentioned deity
    *** not so much when playing a Necromencer
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Dwarf in the Playground

** Nor is it "Mother May I"
    *** It is also not "Simon Says"

10. - Top - End - #430
    Orc in the Playground

**** It DEFINITELY does not involve waving your hand in front of their face and saying "You WILL..."
    Awesome avatar by I♥P&P!

11. - Top - End - #431
    Firbolg in the Playground

***** Never may suggestion include:
    • These Are Not The Droids You Are Looking For
    • *Monetary Unit* Will do just Fine
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

12. - Top - End - #432

Griffon

* May not use 'Weapon Proficiency: Knife' in place of a Perform: Dance check.
    * May not use 'Weapon Proficiency: Knife' in place of a Diplomacy check.
    * May not use 'Weapon Proficiency: Knife' in place of a Survival check,
    * May not use 'Weapon Proficiency: Knife' in place of a Haggle check.
    ** Okay, 'Weapon Proficiency: Knife' *might* work in place of an Intimidation check.
    *** Using 'Weapon Proficiency: Knife' in place of a Seduction check is right out.
    **** If I have to ask 'Why not?', the DM does not have to explain it to me.

* 'Weapon Proficiency: Knife' is not the only skill that I will ever need.

* Not allowed to build a character concept entirely around a section of the rules that the DM does not quite understand.
    ** Especially if I know exactly how they work, and work well. See also: Grappling in WFRP, or Grappling in Savage Worlds, or Grappling in SLA Industries, or Grappling in Dark Heresy, or Grappling in Ironclaw, or Grappling in V:tM, or Grappling in Feng Shui, or.....
    ** No grappling, ever.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2012-11-16 at 05:34 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    * May not use 'Weapon Proficiency: Knife' in place of a Perform: Dance check.
    * May not use 'Weapon Proficiency: Knife' in place of a Diplomacy check.
    * May not use 'Weapon Proficiency: Knife' in place of a Survival check,
    * May not use 'Weapon Proficiency: Knife' in place of a Haggle check.
    ** Okay, 'Weapon Proficiency: Knife' *might* work in place of an Intimidation check.
    *** Using 'Weapon Proficiency: Knife' in place of a Seduction check is right out.
    **** If I have to ask 'Why not?', the DM does not have to explain it to me.

* 'Weapon Proficiency: Knife' is not the only skill that I will ever need.

* Not allowed to build a character concept entirely around a section of the rules that the DM does not quite understand.
    ** Especially if I know exactly how they work, and work well. See also: Grappling in WFRP, or Grappling in Savage Worlds, or Grappling in SLA Industries, or Grappling in Dark Heresy, or Grappling in Ironclaw, or Grappling in V:tM, or Grappling in Feng Shui, or.....
    ** No grappling, ever.
    *Maybe in Legend, but that's it.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

14. - Top - End - #434
    Banned

Goblin

* If a player asks me constantly about the bust size of every female NPC he meets I cannot say "for sure they're bigger than yours" without checking if he doesn't hide massive man-boobs under that shirt.

I cannot find any other explanation why that guy was so happy when I said that.

* My characters are no longer allowed to take hostages, ordering enemies to durrender or trying to provide a distraction.
    ** I'm no longer allowed to do anythign with the enemies aside from outright attacking them.

3 different games. In one I take leader of evil cult hostage and he orders his people to shoto anyway. In another I kill one enemy and tell the one to drop the weapon if he doesn't want to die too and the guy immiediatelly shoots me. In third I enter the robbed bank and started doing Ryback entrance and got shoot at.

Now, in the first game my character managed to patch himself together but that was a close one. And really - it worked for one ound, it was in the second that I tried that when guy ordered to shoot me, probably GM's punishment for trying to stick to one trick. In third it was Mutants & Masterminds and I was powerhouse so guy with Uzi couldn't do anything to me and I provided the distraction for Speedster to run in and punch other guy, who was holding gun to the hostage's head.

Second guy however died and rest of the group ran away, abbandonnig the mission.

* Cannot let two other players, who made it clearly they don't want to follow my orders because I, as the only civilian in the party, have no authority over them, to go on undercover recon mission while saying I'll gather some information, then purposely forget to tell them rande vouz point and take other two players for a dinner, and refuse to tell them where we are, so they have to run through entire district, while we're switching restaurants.
    ** When they finally find us and clearly want to beat the living **** out of e, I cannot shoot one of them.
    *** When he later wants to beat me even more and is preparing a knife in case I would try to shoot him again, I cannot call the police to arrest him.

I was on recivering end of those, belive me, it wasn't really that much fun. it was funny but it was also pretty humilation. And that player who did that simply told me I should just shoot his character and move on.

15. - Top - End - #435

PirateCaptain

I am no longer permitted to play evil in every DM's campaigns that i know
    If you wish to have a voice chat, Send me a PM and we can arrange it. Provided you use skype.

I do not give permission for posts may be used for research purposes unless written permission is given.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Bugbear in the Playground

*May no longer justify playing evil with "the devs wouldn't know it if it bit them on the nose."
    **May not, when pressed on this matter, play a TN character as a selfish, amoral prick instead.
    ***Naming my alignment "blue" when everyone else is LG is right out.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Halfling in the Playground

*My cavalier's horse cannot be named Epona.

*Elder Evils are not to be taunted.

*No more knocking the plot-central NPCs out with a sap.
    **No more knocking out the plot-central NPCs with some spilled alcohol and some truly awful luck.
    ***Just stop knocking out the NPCs.

*Saps no longer exist.
    **Saps will never exist again.
    Tired soldier avatar by the excellent TinyMushroom.
    You should probably look for some white text in my posts. I'm sneaky like that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am:

18. - Top - End - #438
    Orc in the Playground

*Parley does not mean "Let them Come aboard and then take their stuff."
    Alexander leah and Kymme deserves much love and appreciation.

19. - Top - End - #439

* I am not to run an illegal tavern.
    ** If the authorities shut it down, I am not to sue them for damages to my alcohol suffered during the process.
    * If I am in the midst of a contest with another player, I am not to lobby for an extension if I am ahead.
    ** Rats are worth 1 XP each. At level 1. At higher levels they aren't worth any, and might be worth negative XP.
    *** Rats are not a delicacy to my people.
    ** If the contest gets extended and I lose, I am not to lobby that I really won because I was ahead when the original deadline passed.
    *** If we are refused public office because we refuse to honor the terms of the contest, we are to humbly accept it, not go on a bloody rampage through town.
    **** No, bloody rampages do not endear the populace to us.
    * Caravans across the wilderness are not races.
    ** There is not a race of magic turtles with blue shells.
    *** Slaughtering turtles in search of the blue shell will not endear you to your fellow travelers if you do not bring the meat back with you.
    **** Yes, he cut you off. In an ox cart. Sit back and consider that before you go on a bloody rampage.
    ***** If the local priest has to drag you off eachother by the ear one more time, there will be consequences.
    ****** Blue turtles now exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eulmanis12 View Post
    *may not set fire to self to prevent being grappled by enemies
    Darn, there goes my cleric's shtick.

• You are not allowed to throw a fireball at the enemy that catches three party members in the blast, with the justification "They have evasion".
    • Especially when one of them is the Samurai who doesn't. And he fails his save. And takes full damage. And drops to -3 HP. Unconscious.
    • Don't be surprised when the Paladin revives the Samurai and they are both noticably miffed at you.
    • You may not complain when the DM has enemy spellcaster use counterspell as a viable tactic against your Sorcerer. It's perfectly legal.
    • In return, as DM I'm not allowed to have counterspelling mages shout "Neener-Neener!" as their verbal component.
    • As DM, I'm forbidden to create any BBEGs based on My Little Pony's "Cutie Mark Crusaders".
    • I'm also forbidden to choose the party theme song (Who knew they wouldn't like PeeWee's Playhouse?)
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-11-20 at 07:47 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

21. - Top - End - #441
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

* I am not allowed to snigger while calculating the total ammount of HD of undead I can control.
    ** And I may not have a couchemar nightmare skeleton as my mount.
    ***In fact, I am not allowed to be necromancer.
    **** Nor may I be undead, for that matter.

* I am not allowed to manifest death urge on the final boss
    ** Especially if he has a large vorpal brilliant energy scythe

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morrolan View Post
    * I am not allowed to manifest death urge on the final boss
    ** Especially if he has a large vorpal brilliant energy scythe
    Hmm. Vorpal wouldn't do anything here (unless you're still using 3.0), and I have to say that a final boss that's not immune to mind-affecting compulsions is pretty weak anyway *cough*hold person*cough*.

Still, points for chutzpah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unbeknownst View Post
    *Parley does not mean "Let them Come aboard and then take their stuff."
    **It is also not French for "everyone else is flat-footed and bare handed" This
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

24. - Top - End - #444

* Belkar is not a good character concept.
    ** Neither is Elan
    *** Or Haley Starshine.
    **** Or V.
    ***** Or really anyone from OOTS. I'll get it. The DM will get it. No one else will understand until it's already too late.

* I am not allowed to preface anything with "I'm going to pull a Belkar and..."
    ** I am not allowed to do anything I could preface with "I'm going to pull a Belkar and..."

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zahhak View Post
    * Belkar is not a good character concept.
    ** Neither is Elan
    *** Or Haley Starshine.
    **** Or V.
    ***** Or really anyone from OOTS. I'll get it. The DM will get it. No one else will understand until it's already too late.

* I am not allowed to preface anything with "I'm going to pull a Belkar and..."
    ** I am not allowed to do anything I could preface with "I'm going to pull a Belkar and..."
    I wholey disagree with the idea that Belkar isn't an awesome character in the right game.

Roy could work as a concept in any game, though being a straight fighter may not always be the best idea.

*I, too, am not allowed to play Belkar in a game.

*Using ranks in Know (architecture) to collapse part of the building on the enemy is frowned upon in the emperor's castle.
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elimu Marimech View Post
    **It is also not French for "everyone else is flat-footed and bare handed" This
    *I may not call my weapons and ammunition walking sticks
    **Not even when I'm a wizard
    ***Especially when I'm a wizard
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

*It is typically frowned upon when I erect a castle overnight, fitted with armed guards and monster patrols, within a city controlled by someone else.
    **It is especially impolite to do it next to a king's castle, making sure that mine is larger and possesses more ornate structures.
    ***I am not to wink at the queen, while gesturing my castle.
    ****I am not to wink at the queen, while gesturing at my 'castle'.
    *****Castle is not a euphemism and I should be ashamed that I actually spent time and money just for that pun.
    ******My halfling may not make an intimidate check in the form of a growl.
    *******This is NEVER to be done in front of the queen.
    ********Halflings don't hump legs while sober.
    *********I may not use an amassed fortune of animal behavior knowledge to subvert normal politics.
    **********Licking, growling, preening, urinating upon and all other forms of animals exerting power over others has no place in a noble court.
    ***********Correction: No place in a noble court...while others watch.

*My Halflings are all going to be spayed from now on.
    **No. Not neutered. Spayed. When I can be trusted again, I can work my way up to being neutered like a normal man.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    **** No, bloody rampages do not endear the populace to us.
    Somehow, I don't think my players will ever understand this. Even after I've explained it to them, "kill the guys who don't approve of our wanton slaughter" is the immediate response.

They seem to understand it well enough when they DM, though. But as a player, I'm the only one who thinks logically when the townsfolk turn against us for killing their politicians and preists.
    Blog for my latest (and hopefully last) campaign world: Thargothras!

Some less overused ways for your PCs to meet

Best compliments yet received:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Damn, you're good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Nice McNinja reference; you have earned 1 internet!
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    You get an internet. Or three.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    That's some damn fine work, notreallyhere.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

* I may not make a campaign setting that uses the TVTropes Pantheon.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

**if I as DM or PC at any time in my documentation refer to TVTropes.org or it's derivatives, I have exactly 7 seconds ro rethink my concept before I may have to dodge pieces of dead tree media...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin