New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Happens
    * I may not make a campaign setting that uses the TVTropes Pantheon.
    I'm a big fan of TVTropes, so god help the PCs next time I DM, because this will be pulled out.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    * I may not make a campaign setting that uses the TVTropes Pantheon.
    i think following it to the letter is bad

but using it to hash together a solid pantheon with a good overview of the mideval world, then its a good guideline
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

3. - Top - End - #453
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doxkid View Post
    ********Halflings don't hump legs while sober.
    I've been playing my halflings all wrong then...
    Last edited by Black Mage; 2012-11-22 at 05:08 PM.
    Member of the Belkar Fanclub

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeWizard View Post
    Jade Phoenix Mages have the coolest capstone ability ever. They explode. Low on health? explode. Surrounded? expolde. Outsiders? explode. Explode? explode. Come back a few rounds later with all your hp.

R.I.P. Gary Gygax

4. - Top - End - #454
    Banned

* I am not allowed to introduce a drink that uses honey, a potion of cure light wounds, a small piece of candy.
    ** I am not allowed to say it will "make you fly like a G6"
    *** I am not allowed to build an airship and call it "A g6".

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

*I may nto apply a method for crafting an IV drip of potions of CLW for the meatshields no matter how fed up I am walking towards them and trying to heal them
    **Fine you can, but you better make stellar heal check to prevent airbubbles from getting into the veins spellign instant death to said meatshields
    ***I cannot make an itemfamiliar in the form of an IV drip, that woudl be too easy
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

6. - Top - End - #456
    Orc in the Playground

*I am not allowed to hollow out the Beholder I just killed solely for the purpose of animating it to use as a dirigible transport for the rest of the party
    Domriso's Homebrew Compendium - A collection of all of my homebrew, throwing in my own design philosophy and my conceptions for possible new things.

Geomancy, Runic Magic, probably more at a later date:
    Come see my Homebrew!

Ever heard of the Ultimate Classes? They're pretty sweet. Check them out here.

I've had an interview over at Tellest! You should go see!

7. - Top - End - #457
    Banned

Flumph

** Nor may I hollow out the paladin's mount and sleep inside it.
    *** Especially when it's summer and we have a tent.

8. - Top - End - #458

Earlier, someone said something about playing a CN character whose actions are chosen by a D%, with the actions being from a table made based on comments from this thread. His GM ginked it, and I would gink it too, but I'm making a moderately important NPC based on that. And Cave Johnson.

Chariots Chariots.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

* I may not make Alligator Jerky
    ** No Panther Jerky either
    *** Shark Jerky is right out
    **** No, I may not make jerky out of any animals we kill
    * I may not make Elf Jerky
    ** No, no Dwarf Jerky, Halfling Jerky, Gnome Jerky, Orc Jerky, Goblin Jerky, or Kobold Jerky
    *** Don't even try to make Troll Jerky
    **** OK, you can make Dragon Jerky. Make a Fort save
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

10. - Top - End - #460

Quote Originally Posted by Zahhak View Post
    Earlier, someone said something about playing a CN character whose actions are chosen by a D%, with the actions being from a table made based on comments from this thread. His GM ginked it, and I would gink it too, but I'm making a moderately important NPC based on that. And Cave Johnson.

Chariots Chariots.
    So basically a walking, talking, Rod of Wonder. Now THAT sounds fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    * I am not allowed to introduce a drink that uses honey, a potion of cure light wounds, a small piece of candy.
    ** I am not allowed to say it will "make you fly like a G6"
    ***I'm not allowed to create a drink using wine, a love potion, and a potion of cure light wounds.

****No matter how funny it is to watch the love struck, drunk bard stumbling around every time I heal him.
    Many thanks to Ceika for my Avatar

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Riverdance View Post

***I'm not allowed to create a drink using wine, a love potion, and a potion of cure light wounds.

****No matter how funny it is to watch the love struck, drunk bard stumbling around every time I heal him.
    *****I am definitely not allowed to give this concoction to the busty female Sorceress.
    ******If I do, I am not allowed to pimp her out to the BBEG.
    *******Not even if she does find him cute.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

12. - Top - End - #462

If the Rod of Wonder is an incredibly good fortune teller who is described as looking to be about a 150 year old human in a loin cloth who demands random things as payment ("I want three hairs from the redheaded barmaid from the bar two streets down"), and gives responses in the form of cryptic riddles, and constantly demands a moment of silence out of respect for the countries ruler, The Sentient Cloud, then yes.

All glory to The Sentient Cloud.

At some point (after the campaign is completed) I might post the various bits and bobs about him, including his D% table.

Chariots chariots.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Malak'ai View Post
    *****I am definitely not allowed to give this concoction to the busty female Sorceress.
    ******If I do, I am not allowed to pimp her out to the BBEG.
    *******Not even if she does find him cute.
    ********If the two come back as a tag-team boss, I am buying the party's tavern tab after we win.

14. - Top - End - #464

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    ********If the two come back as a tag-team boss, I am buying the party's tavern tab after we win.
    *********No, I can't just serve the potions to the party instead of buying beer like a normal person
    **********I definitely may not give everyone in the bar a free cup of the potion
    Quote Originally Posted by SSGoW View Post
    95% of martial problems can be solved by Tome of Battle...

15. - Top - End - #465
    Orc in the Playground

Chariots chariots.
    * This NPC is DEFINITELY not allowed to invent a Wand of At-Will Gate.

Chariots chariots chariots.
    Awesome avatar by I♥P&P!

16. - Top - End - #466

Just keep testing, I'll settle this.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Firbolg in the Playground

If the Rod of Wonder is an incredibly good fortune teller who is described as looking to be about a 150 year old human in a loin cloth who demands random things as payment ("I want three hairs from the redheaded barmaid from the bar two streets down"), and gives responses in the form of cryptic riddles, and constantly demands a moment of silence out of respect for the countries ruler, The Sentient Cloud, then yes.

All glory to The Sentient Cloud.

At some point (after the campaign is completed) I might post the various bits and bobs about him, including his D% table.
    Okay, I must see this. And then we need a "random price table" and an "obfuscation generator". Or just a doddering-old-koot translator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

18. - Top - End - #468

I don't imagine they'll visit him often enough for me to need a random price generator, and the obfuscation generator is also unneeded since his responses are riddles that I'll have had to make up prior.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

...since his responses are riddles that I'll have had to make up prior.
    *If I include riddles and puzzles in my game, I sure as hell better know the answer/true meaning behind each.
    **No using my players in one game to solve riddles my DM gave me in another game.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Doxkid View Post
    *If I include riddles and puzzles in my game, I sure as hell better know the answer/true meaning behind each.
    **No using my players in one game to solve riddles my DM gave me in another game.
    ***Especially not if the DM in the other game is a player in your game
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

21. - Top - End - #471
    Firbolg in the Playground

I don't imagine they'll visit him often enough for me to need a random price generator, and the obfuscation generator is also unneeded since his responses are riddles that I'll have had to make up prior.
    Oh, I don't expect you to make one. But I think it could be fun to pull out a table in the midst of negotiations, roll d% a few times, and have him proceed to demand a scrambled owl bear egg as payment for services rendered. Then give them some ridiculous riddle about egrets and egresses and redolent redresses.

Actually, I want the doddering old man translator most of all. I should make one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

22. - Top - End - #472

scrambled owl bear egg as payment for services rendered
    Thanks, I only had the one thing he would demand as payment.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

* Imay never use the words "Tentacles", "forced" and "intrusion" ever again.

24. - Top - End - #474

Chariots chariots.
    Oh please yes!
    Many thanks to Ceika for my Avatar

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Elemental View Post
    * Imay never use the words "Tentacles", "forced" and "intrusion" ever again.
    **I may not play Warlock or arcane spellcasters to cheat this rule...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

26. - Top - End - #476
    Spamalot in the Playground

Stuff I was recently reminded of as the DM:
    • If the players accidently slay the dragon god Bahamut in the previous session, I will not think up a substitute while drunk in the middle of the night. Otherwise we'll have another "Tiamat, goddess of cookies" incident.
    • Tiamat also doesn't have a "Cone of Sprinkles" breath weapon.
    • Do not base a swarm encounter off Eddie Izzard's "Covered in Bees!" joke.

And a few things my players learned recently:
    • While hinged doors open only in one direction, do not assume the same goes for the pressure plate underneith them.
    • Not allowed to assume that the Invisibility spell is the only way the enemy hides from you. There's a skill for that.
    • Not allowed to whine that the ECL8 fight is too hard for your party of 11th level characters just because the entire party failed to have a weapon capable of bypassing DR 10/Silver.
    • Also not allowed to whine that the 11th level spellcasters can't bypass SR 18.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

As DM I am no longer allowed to answer the question "What does it taste like?" with "A Fort Save."

28. - Top - End - #478

I'm going to do this, but I'm going to pre-empitively place this in here (in addition to my CN fortune teller):

I may no longer base a world setting off of the works of HP Lovecraft, Beetlejuice, Thundercats, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, things I have been called on other forums, Bleach, Soul Eater, things I have called other people on other forums, horror movies, or YuYu Hakusho.

Actually, no, no world setting creation that references anything. Especially not without first warning the party.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

*The idea of a necropolitan channeling positive energy is ridiculous.

*As is the idea of a sociopathic murderer aasimar who mindrapes people for fun but is lawful good.

*Or a demon paladin.

*Or a psychotic cannibal who is somehow a good guy and magically gains powers when he eats enemies and killed and ate a dragon when he was twelve.

*Listen, just because the DM's best friend is terrible at role playing and somehow manages to be just dumb enough to annoy even you, that does not mean you get to make fun of all his ideas. No matter how ridiculous the concept of a half silver dragon half elf druid/monk with pyromania and a hatred of the outdoors and magically burning fists that somehow accidentally killed the character's hometown is.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Halfling in the Playground

*No playing a colorblind character in a dragon-hunting campaign.
    Tired soldier avatar by the excellent TinyMushroom.
    You should probably look for some white text in my posts. I'm sneaky like that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am: