New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    *Dwarves do not have a radical proficiency for dwarven lava cannons, orbital or not.
    * Dwarves have neither immunity or obliviousness to fire.
    * Sponges are not known for their nigh-indestructibility.
    * Defensive training works against giants, not elephants.
    ** No, that does not include giant elephants.
    * NO ZOMBIE WHALES.
    * A single untoward comment by a P.C is not enough to cause the city to enter a death-spiral of tantrums.
    *I may not refer to elves as "immortal ritualistically cannibalistic hippies".
    *Not allowed to create a facility that traps mermaids so that I can air-drown their young and sell their bones for profit.
    *Not allowed to one-shot a bronze colossus by throwing a bunny and making a called-shot to its forehead.
    *Even if it is faithful to the source material, for sanity's sake, my kobold needs to take another language besides "[UTTERANCES]".
    *If my kobold thief sneaks into a fortress and just steals a pair of underpants, the other players WILL throw books at me.
    *As a DM, I cannot give out socks as treasure.
    **No, they do not count as "art objects", even if they are encrusted with jewels and hanging rings of marble.

((Now I kind of do want to actually play in a game set in the world of DF))

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Kane0 View Post
    *If given the choice of giving sensitive information to either of two conflicting factions, I cannot choose "Option 3, Both"
    **Not even if I could get a reward from both
    ***Especially not Simultaneously
    ****Especially not if I plan on using the ensuing conflict for more profit
    See now, that sort of thing is not only allowed but encouraged in games I run.

*****Not to complain if I put too many irons in the fire at one time and the whole thing falls apart and comes back to bite me in the ass.
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign

3. - Top - End - #873
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, those probably could have used some more context...

Anywho:
    *I am no longer allowed to gestalt Warlock and Rogue
    **No, not even if using a greatsword with a modified hideous blow.
    ***Especially if I need to borrow other people's d6s just to make an attack.
    ****Just... no more warlocks for me
    Last edited by Kane0; 2013-01-29 at 05:07 PM.
    Roll for it
    5e Houserules and Homebrew
    Old Extended Signature
    Awesome avatar by Ceika

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    See now, that sort of thing is not only allowed but encouraged in games I run.

*****Not to complain if I put too many irons in the fire at one time and the whole thing falls apart and comes back to bite me in the ass.
    *I don't care about your head-canon, Lolth is noit Vriska.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

5. - Top - End - #875
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    *I don't care about your head-canon, Lolth is noit Vriska.
    LIES! :)

* The GM is no longer allowed to base Drow society on Homestuck's Trolls.
    ** Basing Drow biology on Trolls is RIGHT OUT.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

6. - Top - End - #876
    Halfling in the Playground

*No longer can I roll 1d10 to determine my alignment for the day while playing a TN character.
    **There is no tenth alignment.
    ***I am not allowed to make one up.
    ****There are no such alignments as "Jerk Good" and "Stupid Evil."
    Last edited by Gizladlo; 2013-01-30 at 01:22 PM.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gizladlo View Post
    *No longer can I roll 1d10 to determine my alignment for the day while playing a TN character.
    **There is no tenth alignment.
    ***I am not allowed to make one up.
    ****There are no such alignments as "Jerk Good" and "Stupid Evil."
    *****The alignments explicitly do not include: Lame Good, Neutral Greedy, Crazy Gunslinger, Lawful Nuisance, Chaotic Stupid, or Lazy Evil.
    ******Players may not substitute a profanity of their choice for one of the words in their alignment description.
    A few odds and ends.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    ******Players may not substitute a profanity of their choice for one of the words in their alignment description.
    *******They may, however, do so when describing that of the paladin.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

Well Lame Good = Paladin and Lawful Nuisance = Monk
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook

10. - Top - End - #880
    Orc in the Playground

I may not play the Joker again.
    Fiberoptic Elflord avatar by Guest#1!

"It's like we fell down the rabbit hole and ended up in Stephen King's basement..."

11. - Top - End - #881

SwashbucklerGuy

* My profanity of choice may not be *BUY SOME APPLES*
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

12. - Top - End - #882

Quote Originally Posted by Kadzar View Post
    *I may not refer to elves as "immortal ritualistically cannibalistic hippies".
    *Not allowed to create a facility that traps mermaids so that I can air-drown their young and sell their bones for profit.
    *Not allowed to one-shot a bronze colossus by throwing a bunny and making a called-shot to its forehead.
    *Even if it is faithful to the source material, for sanity's sake, my kobold needs to take another language besides "[UTTERANCES]".
    *If my kobold thief sneaks into a fortress and just steals a pair of underpants, the other players WILL throw books at me.
    *As a DM, I cannot give out socks as treasure.
    **No, they do not count as "art objects", even if they are encrusted with jewels and hanging rings of marble.
    *Booze does not stave off riots due to lack of food.
    *Adamantine comes from space, not "the circus."
    **It is most certainly not "cotton candy."
    ***It's dense enough to provide and ignore damage reduction, how is that "ultra-light"!?

*What the devil is a "plump helmet" and why are there three hundred of them marked in your inventory?

13. - Top - End - #883
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by vasharanpaladin View Post
    ***It's dense enough to provide and ignore damage reduction, how is that "ultra-light"!?
    Well, that would be easy to explain: Your Adamantine is from Dorf Fortress, where it has the strength of Nano-Diamond, while having the density and weight of Styrofoam Peanuts
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

14. - Top - End - #884

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    Well, that would be easy to explain: Your Adamantine is from Dorf Fortress, where it has the strength of Nano-Diamond, while having the density and weight of Styrofoam Peanuts
    To a fellow DF player, yes. Not so to my DM's.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Troll in the Playground

To a fellow DF player, yes. Not so to my DM's.
    there are people who dont know that Adamantine from Dorf Fortress is made of the most amazing substance in the universe?
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

16. - Top - End - #886

There are people who don't know what "Dorf Fortress" is

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

• I may not harvest a Succubi's organs.
    • I may not dress a halfling and green then extort gold from him.
    • Falling poo does not deal damage. Please stop doing that.
    On a quest to marry Asmodeus, lord of the Nine Hells, or die trying.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    * My profanity of choice may not be *BUY SOME APPLES*
    • Not allowed to use it as a battle cry either.

• I am no longer allowed to invite Knight Errant to my house for tea when I'm a wanted runner.
    • That house I invited them to? It's not mine. Stop breaking into people's houses.
    • Also, not allowed to break open the gas line in the house and let it fill the kitchen.
    • And not allowed to stuff newspapers into the toaster, programming it to start in 8 minutes.
    • Look, you are simply banned from watching Jason Bourne movies, okay?
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

19. - Top - End - #889

Flumph

*I may not use my knowledge of the area's laws to commit insurance fraud using my employer's mansion.
    **Even Especially if it involves burning down said mansion and killing all their serving staff.
    ***Just because someone else ended up doing that anyway doesn't mean you're going to get away with it.
    ****Manipulating their sense of philanthropy for the purposes of performing experimental surgeries designed to "save the lives of innocents" only works if you're telling the truth.

20. - Top - End - #890

Quote Originally Posted by Geigan View Post
    ****Manipulating their sense of philanthropy for the purposes of performing experimental surgeries designed to "save the lives of innocents" only works if you're telling the truth.
    *If you are telling the truth, you are required to remember that there is such a thing as "quality of life" when planning the operation.

21. - Top - End - #891

*If you are telling the truth, you are required to remember that there is such a thing as "quality of life" when planning the operation.
    ** Not allowed to start an argument about quality of life vs. intrinsic value of life during the course of a session.
    ***Not allowed to start said argument regardless
    ****Exception being in philosophy class. Or the youtube comment section. Then it is pretty much expected.
    Last edited by artofregicide; 2013-01-31 at 04:55 PM.
    "If I've learned anything, it's to fear nothing."

Plays in Noble Trouble

22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by artofregicide View Post
    ** Not allowed to start an argument about quality of life vs. intrinsic value of life during the course of a session.
    ***Not allowed to start said argument regardless
    ****Exception being in philosophy class. Or the youtube comment section. Then it is pretty much expected.
    *****Not allowed to quote Youtube arguments as doctrinal points during a session.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

23. - Top - End - #893

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    *****Not allowed to quote Youtube arguments as doctrinal points during a session.
    ****** May not use anything from Sock Puppet Theatre as a basis for any character ideas, setting ideas, or ideas period.
    ******* I may not wear a sockpuppet.
    ******** I may not name him Banjo.
    "If I've learned anything, it's to fear nothing."

Plays in Noble Trouble

24. - Top - End - #894
    Dwarf in the Playground

* If I try to make Old Man Henderson, it's a safe assumption the DM will try to murder me on the spot. (If you haven't before, read that link. The story is glorious.)
    Member of the Belkar Fanclub

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeWizard View Post
    Jade Phoenix Mages have the coolest capstone ability ever. They explode. Low on health? explode. Surrounded? expolde. Outsiders? explode. Explode? explode. Come back a few rounds later with all your hp.

R.I.P. Gary Gygax

25. - Top - End - #895

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by artofregicide View Post
    ****** May not use anything from Sock Puppet Theatre as a basis for any character ideas, setting ideas, or ideas period.
    ******* I may not wear a sockpuppet.
    ******** I may not name him Banjo.
    ********* Nor may I name him Wolfie
    ********** He doesn't appear whenever someone is high
    *********** He cannot give advice to the characters
    ************ This is especially true if a player who's character died is acting all this out in person, and is talking to any players waiting for their turn
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Troll in the Playground

* Your familiar is not a leprechaun.
    ** He does not tell you to burn things.
    *** Even if he does, you don't HAVE to follow his advice.
    **** No more fire spells for you.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage View Post
    * If I try to make Old Man Henderson, it's a safe assumption the DM will try to murder me on the spot. (If you haven't before, read that link. The story is glorious.)
    Words cannot accurately convey how much I laughed at that story...
    A few odds and ends.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Words cannot accurately convey how much I laughed at that story...
    Same here. Hopefully my players would never do something like that to me.
    Awesome avatar by I♥P&P!

29. - Top - End - #899
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Things I am banned from in 99% of the games I play
    *I may not play a Lycanthrope, Natural or otherwise
    *I may not play a Ranger, Ever
    *I may not play a Druid, Ever
    *I may not play a Rogue, Ever
    *I may not play a Fighter unless told I may
    *I may not play a Bard, Ever
    *I may not play a Barbarian, Ever
    **I may not use a barbarian who has lost his weapon, provide to pick up a shovel as a improvised weapon, rush the hobgoblin hoard screaming "SPOOOOOOOOOON!" and kill them all in a blood rage while the rest of the party watches on in horror.
    *I may not play a Cleric for any reason
    *I may not play a Paladin for any reason
    **Just because I do something for the greater good and it is infact a Lawful Good act tasked to me by my god, does not mean my **** of a DM who only defines LG as Lawful Stupid can say it is an act of evil and force me to fall.
    *I may never play any form of arcane spellcaster, ever, for any reason, on pain of death.
    **I may not, in a game involving The Book of Erotic Fantasies, Take the Still Spell, Silent Spell, and Eschew Materials feats as a Sorcerer. I may not then use said feats to force a Succubus to swallow a Delayed Fireball when she has me bound, gagged, and giving me unwanted *cough*.
    *i may never, for any reason, play a Psionic class.
    *I may not play any PC classes anymore, I am restricted to NPC classes only
    **I am banned from all local games.

4e
    *I may not play any class not in the base PHB
    *I may never use the Werewolf theme
    *I may never take a bloodline feat
    *i may never take a Dragonmarked feat
    *I may never play a hybrid of any kind
    *I may not use anything that is outside the PHB1
    **I may not make a Shifter/Werewolf/Dhampyr Barbarian who can one turn two ancient red dragons just to piss off the DM who has a personal vendetta against me
    ***I am banned from all local games

30. - Top - End - #900

Flumph

MOAR Legend
    *No you may not charge your party for long distance calls just because they're far away and you're still connected to them via World-mind.
    **Ignoring them when they are in trouble if they do not pay the long distance fees is generally frowned upon.

*Insurance fraud via the Medicine skill only works the first time you kill someone and revive them later.
    **I may no longer use the Geography skill to learn and abuse local laws to my advantage.

*If I am to take a Dramatic Plunge I must extend the last thing I say before doing so into an echo like SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    **Just because the recurring villain took a Dramatic Plunge does not mean the Players will not follow for the purposes of finishing the job.
    ***I am to stop giving my villains Endless Pit to keep trying that escape. The Players are wise to it.

*The enemy's Dread Secret is not that they've really just been a Mook this whole time.

*Just because I took the Ghost Hunter feat does not mean I am allowed to hum the ghostbuster's theme during every encounter. Only when we're fighting actual ghosts.

*I am not allowed to spontaneously develop a Brooklyn accent after taking the Master Scout feat.
    **I am not allowed to shout "BOINK" when fighting either.
    ***I may only perform double jumps if I can make the acrobatics check for it.

*Retcon does not let me replace words in the GM's memory of our conversations.

*Ruinous Charge is a privilege, not a right.

*"The Charleston" is not an appropriate fluff description for Fancy Footwork.
    Last edited by Geigan; 2013-02-02 at 03:02 PM.