New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by NikitaDarkstar View Post
    * I am not allowed to play natural lychantropes anymore.
    * I am not allowed to play barbarians anymore.
    * I am most certainly not allowed to play werewolf barbarians anymore.
    ** Especially not with the Lesser Animal Totem rage power.
    *** Soloing a CR 4 encounter as an ECL 3 character is just bad form.
    ****Soloing the tarrasque at level eighteen is just showing off.
    ****I shall remember that while my barbarian can deal out the damage like nobody's business, he can't take what he gives.
    *****The DM can minmax too.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    ****Soloing the tarrasque at level eighteen is just showing off.
    *****Soloing the Tarrasque at anything over third level is considered polite to the DM
    ******I will not respond immediately with a Half-Platnium Vow of Poverty Paragon Pseudonatural Tarrasque
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

* "If I can catch it, I can kill it" should neither be accurate nor easy. Please consider the DM when you prove you can indeed catch and kill anything; he has feelings too and I'm sure he put a lot of work into that monster with more templates than you have character levels.
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2012-10-12 at 10:57 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    ****I shall remember that while my barbarian can deal out the damage like nobody's business, he can't take what he gives.
    ***** Unless we're playing pathfinder and archetypes are in play, some of them are very, very scary.

* "If I can catch it, I can kill it" should neither be accurate nor easy. Please consider the DM when you prove you can indeed catch and kill anything; he has feelings too and I'm sure he put a lot of work into that monster with more templates than you have character levels.
    ** Killing it without actually catching it is rude.
    *** Yes, even if you are a wizard.
    **** Especially if you are a wizard.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doxkid View Post
    just a quick note: Half-Platnium, Paragon, (MotP) Pseudonatural Tarrasque is simply fixing most of his weaknesses. the topic that came from has him getting 15ish templates along with Vow of Poverty, giving him enough power to trounce most printed enemies
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

Drow avatar @ myself

6. - Top - End - #96
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Techwarrior View Post
    How do you manage a Paranoia game that survives an entire session? Hell we play Paranoia planning to only go one night at this point.
    *If I choose to run any length paranoia-based game it is to be played in broad daylight and all players are to be presented with a lollipop and a teddy bear before they go home.
    **Prank calling that night will get me kicked out of the group.
    ***Even if I am the DM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for my Avatar

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dare I ask about the story behind this?
    It was one of my players who did this, and its really pretty much what it says. The ranger, in an attempt to get on an airship, tried to convince the tengu that the military had ordered him to give them his vulture. Who, as a running gag, is gay.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

*My character's life-goal needs to be slightly more developed than "irrepressible desire to to consume the gods with barbecue sauce"
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    *My character's life-goal needs to be slightly more developed than "irrepressible desire to to consume the gods with barbecue sauce"
    **Declaring, after doing so, that there "Puny" in terms of there "God Flavor." is not more developed.
    "I Burn!"

10. - Top - End - #100

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    **Declaring, after doing so, that there "Puny" in terms of there "God Flavor." is not more developed.
    *** Neither is asking for ketchup.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NikitaDarkstar View Post
    *** Neither is asking for ketchup.
    ****If the Color Green is related at all to the character's concept, armor, or anything, then a shield shall zoom out of stage right and perform a lobotomy on the character

Drow avatar @ myself

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    **** If I do attempt to gain the benefits of a manual of health by eating it, I am not to force the party to accompany me on a quest for the perfect sauce.
    ***** The warm blood of my enemies is not the best sauce for eating my books.
    ****** Nor is green slime, nor quintessence. Nectar of the gods will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
    ******* Unless the gods in the campaign setting are all evil, in which case NO.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

* The verbal component for Time Stop is not "Chaos control!"
    ** It is not "Za warudo!" either.
    ** Unless I'm playing a Sublime Chord, it is not the Reverse Song of Time either.
    ** "TIID KLO UL!" is right out.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

14. - Top - End - #104

Devil

* I may no longer provide the following snacks at a Paranoia game: MnMs, Skittles, Starbursts, Jolly Ranchers, Jelly Beans, or multi-colored jawbreakers.
    ** Any writing materials or dice provided must be some mixture of gray, red, or black.
    *** If I break either of the above rules, I may not then tattle to Friend Computer about my "teammates'" color violations.

* Even if I AM on Friend-Computer-prescribed hallucinogenics, I cannot taste magenta, and when asked how I know what magenta is, I need a better answer than "It's red... AND violet.... AT THE SAME TIME! Whooooooooaaah."
    ** I am not to attempt to taste what a faulty (er, sabotaged-by-traitors) device taste likes.
    *** If my drugged antics result in my "teammates" spending so much time trying to save me from myself that they stop trying to kill me, I'm playing the game wrong. (Or maybe very, very right.)
    **** Hallucinogenics do not make me sing.
    ***** I never had, and never will have, the clearance to sing "I'm blue, da-ba-dee da-ba-dye."
    ****** Ditto for "It's not easy being green."
    ******* Apparently, I AM coming up on infrared.
    ******** My clearance level is no longer color-coded.
    ********* No, I do not get to make up the name my new clearance level.
    ********** Henceforth, all hallucinogenics are beyond my clearance level.
    I'm not an evil GM! Honest!

15. - Top - End - #105

Devil

Addendum:

* Evidence that I have embraced a meta-strategy of making all negative status ailments and debuffs applied to me so irritating via role-playing that the GM declines to apply them to me in the future, will result in instant character death.
    ** No, I do NOT get last words.
    I'm not an evil GM! Honest!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    * The verbal component for Time Stop is not "Chaos control!"
    ** It is not "Za warudo!" either.
    ** Unless I'm playing a Sublime Chord, it is not the Reverse Song of Time either.
    ** "TIID KLO UL!" is right out.
    How about An Tym?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    *****Soloing the Tarrasque at anything over third level is considered polite to the DM
    ******I will not respond immediately with a Half-Platnium Vow of Poverty Paragon Pseudonatural Tarrasque
    ******Or simply a Phase-Tarrasque, who disappears only to return much later fully healed to catch the party flat footed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    Kill a PC's father? Well that's just the cost of doing business.
    Steal a PC's boots? Now it's personal.
    Please take everything I say with a grain of salt. Unless we're arguing about alignment. In which case, you're wrong.

Former EMPIRE2! Player: Imperator of the Nihoni Dominion
    Former EMPIRE3! Player: Suzerain of the Phœnīx Estates
    Former EMPIRE4! Player: Margrave of the Margraviate of Rhune
    My Awesome Campaign Setting

18. - Top - End - #108
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGirl

*I will never again remind the DM he has been unable to do me any damage in the current dungeon.*

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BootStrapTommy View Post
    ******Or simply a Phase-Tarrasque, who disappears only to return much later fully healed to catch the party flat footed.
    *******except that doesnt fix anything.
    ********It also lacks the storytelling potential of a Colonydrop via God-Tarrasque

Drow avatar @ myself

20. - Top - End - #110

*Any and all references to any video game, anime, and/or miscellaneous work of fiction are punishable by immolation.
    **This goes double for anime that is not Dragon Ball Z, Bleach, or Naruto, because apparently other series don't exist.
    ***Triple for One Piece.
    ****Elder Scrolls is exempt due to pissing me off.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by vasharanpaladin View Post
    *Any and all references to any video game, anime, and/or miscellaneous work of fiction are punishable by immolation.
    **This goes double for anime that is not Dragon Ball Z, Bleach, or Naruto, because apparently other series don't exist.
    ***Triple for One Piece.
    ****Elder Scrolls is exempt due to pissing me off.
    ****Because not everyone likes Anime, and some people find it impossible to watch because of the animation

*****Play Skyrim, it has good (ignoring the terrible pacing) writing, and gameplay that flows. people have compiled Thousand+ page tomes of the ingame books.

Drow avatar @ myself

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

If I am ever faced with a Half-Platinum Vow of Poverty Paragon Pseudonatural Tarrasque, I will not use my Diplomacy skill to turn it into an ally by making the point that, because it is now strongly Good-aligned, it would naturally prefer not to kill my Paladin character and her Good-aligned buddies and would at the very least stop and negotiate before biting us in half.

Also, when offering large amounts of livestock to the Tarrasque, it is necessary to actually own the livestock in question.
    Last edited by Callista; 2012-10-14 at 12:36 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guran View Post
    *I will never again remind the DM he has been unable to do me any damage in the current dungeon.*
    *I will never again remind the DM that neither the Paladin nor her polar bear mount have taken damage the entire session
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

*I may not contradict people.
    **This includes myself.
    ***No it doesn't!

Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

I may no longer point out to the DM that my character, the last one standing, has taken no damage the entire campaign.

Him responding with a spell that offers a Will save, which I have not managed to succeed at any of during the entire campaign, is to be expected.

Turning the failed Will save versus Charm Person into a party win, and getting the BBEG to raise the entire party, got my PC license revoked.
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2012-10-14 at 01:57 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Techwarrior View Post
    Turning the failed Will save versus Charm Person into a party win, and getting the BBEG to raise the entire party, got my PC license revoked.
    * I may not exploit my character's strict adherence to friendship tropes to either (a) loophole my way out of a Charm spell or (b) irritate the caster so much that they deliberately break the charm.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

27. - Top - End - #117

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    * I may not exploit my character's strict adherence to friendship tropes to either (a) loophole my way out of a Charm spell or (b) irritate the caster so much that they deliberately break the charm.
    ** Friendship is NOT magic.

28. - Top - End - #118

****Because not everyone likes Anime, and some people find it impossible to watch because of the animation

*****Play Skyrim, it has good (ignoring the terrible pacing) writing, and gameplay that flows. people have compiled Thousand+ page tomes of the ingame books.
    Oh, no, it's not the "not everyone likes anime" card, I, specifically am not allowed to make anything in reference or homage to anything. Originality is encouraged, unless you're not me, and especially unless you're cribbing from the Elder Scrolls, which I loathe utterly and without measure.

Because, apparently, this group simply could not wrap their heads around the idea that someone might know and like something outside of their relatively meager pool of experience. Son Goku is not just anime, dammit!

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by vasharanpaladin View Post
    Oh, no, it's not the "not everyone likes anime" card, I, specifically am not allowed to make anything in reference or homage to anything. Originality is encouraged, unless you're not me, and especially unless you're cribbing from the Elder Scrolls, which I loathe utterly and without measure.

Because, apparently, this group simply could not wrap their heads around the idea that someone might know and like something outside of their relatively meager pool of experience. Son Goku is not just anime, dammit!
    My answer to that would be to bring some of the mythological sorces of these things to a session and drop them on the table and tell everyone to have a look and get off your back.
    "I Burn!"

30. - Top - End - #120

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    My answer to that would be to bring some of the mythological sorces of these things to a session and drop them on the table and tell everyone to have a look and get off your back.
    Moot point now, that group finally stopped being so passive-aggressive about it sometime around when I actually pointed out the hypocrisy. Still a good font for a few lists of my own, when I find old campaign notes and suchlike.