New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default New Season of the Guild!?!?

Yeah. I just found out season 6 of the web series the Guild came out. I feel so out of touched. Apparently I haven't missed much. The season premiere was October 2 so I have a little bit of catching up to do. I'm excited!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: New Season of the Guild!?!?

Has it stopped being unwatchable dreck yet? I gave up shortly into season 3.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    Has it stopped being unwatchable dreck yet? I gave up shortly into season 3.
    I think you're thinking of the wrong web series. This is the one with Felicia Day and it's about a group of MMO players. And it's awesome!

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    I think you're thinking of the wrong web series. This is the one with Felicia Day and it's about a group of MMO players. And it's awesome!
    No, I'm not. The characters are utterly unlikable, and at least three of them should be in prison for respectively accounting and tax fraud, child abuse and neglect, and attempted rape. I can handle that in villains or background characters, but when people who do these things are the protagonists who I'm supposed to like it gets tiresome very quickly.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

No, I'm not. The characters are utterly unlikable, and at least three of them should be in prison for respectively accounting and tax fraud, child abuse and neglect, and attempted rape. I can handle that in villains or background characters, but when people who do these things are the protagonists who I'm supposed to like it gets tiresome very quickly.
    Yeah, when characters have flaws and aren't perfect role models free of any negative traits that's just unbearable. I mean, it's not like this is a comedy or something.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Besides, they're roleplayers. Specifically, they're MMO players. Everyone knows those people are all unlikeable scum who can't hack it in the real world - if they weren't maladjusted rejects of society, they'd have real hobbies, like sports.

7. - Top - End - #7

Yeah, when characters have flaws and aren't perfect role models free of any negative traits that's just unbearable. I mean, it's not like this is a comedy or something.

"Any negative traits" /= "blatant criminally harmful behavior."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

I also gave up around season 3, and then went back recently and caught up with all of it. I can say it improves a lot in season 5, but season 3 is still below meh to me.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Yeah. I just found out season 6 of the web series the Guild came out. I feel so out of touched. Apparently I haven't missed much. The season premiere was October 2 so I have a little bit of catching up to do. I'm excited!
    I too am excited! Now we are as brothers!

I'm a very recent convert to the Guild (my Dragon Age obsession led me to Felicia's DA: Redemption mini-movie and Guild love inevitably followed), having only watched the season 5 DVD about a week ago, so this new season is perfectly timed to stop me getting withdrawal symptoms!

Come to think of it, your avatar reminds me that I only saw Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog for the first time last week, too. Maybe I should stop living in a cave? No, no; I've made my choice and I'm too dank to change now...

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin
    The characters are utterly unlikable, and at least three of them should be in prison for respectively accounting and tax fraud, child abuse and neglect, and attempted rape. I can handle that in villains or background characters, but when people who do these things are the protagonists who I'm supposed to like it gets tiresome very quickly.
    Okay, the accounting/tax fraud and child neglect stuff I'll give you (part of Vork's and Clara's unique charms, respectively), but when was the attempted rape?!
    I have a cookie now! (::) I've licked it, so no backsies.

10. - Top - End - #10

The only thing I can think of is an extremely slanted interpretation of what happened to Codex at the end of the Season 3 finale.

11. - Top - End - #11

"Gimme buffs, I need buffs!" (While throwing himself on her.) For that and previous stalking, squatting, molesting, trespassing, general creepiness, etc, he is below pond scum.

12. - Top - End - #12

Zaboo? Sure, he's a complete and total creeper, but 'attempted rape' is pushing it pretty far. Why go after him for that when you could have picked Bladezz's totally unsanitary food preparation, or Tink's plain sociopathy - i.e., legitimate things to hate the characters for rather than invented ones?
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2012-10-15 at 09:19 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Personally I think the webseries is wonderful, especially considering its humble beginnings. Besides, its not like normal TV shows are any better. At least in these, such problems aren't the focus of the show, they are saterical, and remind me of The Importance of Being Earnest in its manner of mocking society's perception of the stereotypical gamers. In the same way, the individual characters have their quirks and flaws magnified so they become more obvious to the audience.

Anyways, I'm enjoying this new season. Its really fun to see the headquarters of "The Game" and get new characters introduced. In the end, the show revolves around Sid, and its nice to see her slowly overcoming her own flaws, traits which many gamers can relate to.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Senator Cybus View Post
    I too am excited! Now we are as brothers!
    Hey, no we're not! My brother's a transmuted soul inside a walking suit of armor!

Also, saw the first two episodes, and they were great! Seasons 4 and 5 were a little bit of a let down for me, but this season is starting off awesome. We even got a cool new opening animation!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Hey, no we're not! My brother's a transmuted soul inside a walking suit of armor!
    Then, we are as sisters!

To make this post less irrelevant, I'll ask this: who's everybody's favourite Guild character?

For me, it's definitely Clara. She appears to bumble unthinkingly through every situation, yet somehow always inevitably gets exactly everything that she wants. Seriously, consequences just bounce off the woman, like she's got kevlar karma or something.
    I have a cookie now! (::) I've licked it, so no backsies.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

To make this post less irrelevant, I'll ask this: who's everybody's favourite Guild character?
    Mine would have to be Bladezz, 'cause I relate to him the most.

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Zaboo? Sure, he's a complete and total creeper, but 'attempted rape' is pushing it pretty far. Why go after him for that when you could have picked Bladezz's totally unsanitary food preparation, or Tink's plain sociopathy - i.e., legitimate things to hate the characters for rather than invented ones?
    Because I started with actual criminal behavior and left it at that. I very well could have gone on. Codex is the only one of the bunch not in need of a good smiting.

18. - Top - End - #18

Because I started with actual criminal behavior and left it at that. I very well could have gone on. Codex is the only one of the bunch not in need of a good smiting.
    She was talking loudly in public in several episodes, she's clearly guilty of disturbing the peace.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, looks like things will get interesting from here. I was feeling a little down about her being so seperated from the rest of the party, but this makes up for it.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Then, we are as sisters!

For me, it's definitely Clara. She appears to bumble unthinkingly through every situation, yet somehow always inevitably gets exactly everything that she wants. Seriously, consequences just bounce off the woman, like she's got kevlar karma or something.
    Vork
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

21. - Top - End - #21
    Banned

"Gimme buffs, I need buffs!" (While throwing himself on her.) For that and previous stalking, squatting, molesting, trespassing, general creepiness, etc, he is below pond scum.
    Yeah, what is this a comedy or something, and they're exaggerating character traits for comedic effect or something?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Clara is one of those characters that make my knuckles go white as I clutch my mouse..

I've known a couple too many women who were too dumb to even have an IQ and who neglected their children to stay hooked on "insert game of preference" for me to find it funny.. and I have to say yes, she's exagerated..but really not all that much..sadly

other than that..I do find it a cute show and enjoy watching it..also, Felicia Day..yay!..and Will Weaton and Simon Helberg, however briefly
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz