New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default (Nexus): A Crack in Time Plot Thread

This is a plot thread for A Crack in Time, a story I'm Gming. It is a closed thread, and I have already gotten players. I don't want very many so that I can actually finish this plot in good time.

So, without further ado...

Players: Fishkiller, Aric_Kale. Accepting one more player.

Giant's Cradle-Four Months Ago

Giant's Cradle is a small island outside the Mainland, Sylethia. It's a pretty island, but not one that gets many tourists due to it's main income being mining, and the strange and usually hostile animals that are native here. The island is cold, and there is a great snowy mountain located at the end of the island, Called Giant's Peak. There are only two towns located on the island, Homestead, which is a small town, and Giant's Toe. Giant's Toe is the much larger town, located at the bottom of the mountain. The temperature is a cold forty degrees, but it gets colder the closer you get to the mountain. The miners at Giant's Cradle mine for a purple crystal, harder than diamond and extremely absorbent of magic called Cyrstallis. The technology here is very much rural, and a simple blunderbuss is an artifact to these people.

The miners send the crystals they mine to Giant's Toe, where the crates of crystals are sent to the mainland by the Airship Port located on top of the mountain. They have a very simple life. Mining and farming, and making a decent profit. The mines are owned by a company native to the mainland called Frontier Industries. Their company is a famous one for inventing gunpowder a mere year ago, and for now selling lightbulbs and electricity to people all over. They invented the phone, a way to harness electricity... even laser and futuristic technology, in a span of ten years... How, is anyone's guess. Their company is rich and powerful, and they are the ones that pay the miner's, and make the real money off of the Cyrstallis. It has been this way for many years.

However, things changed.

Ms. Angelina May stands outside of the Main Mine. She looks very upset, but even then very beautiful. Her hair is long and black, and reaches to her waist. She wears a wide brimmed black hat with a purple feather sticking out of it. She's currently wearing a black fur coat, and is gripping herself tightly to preserve heat. Besides her stands her underling and friend, an older looking man with a grey ponytail, and a black business suit. They are both looking into a large cage, and inside is a hulking abomination of a creature.... They glare at it slowly, as it growls and roars. Around them are about twelve Frontier Guards, walking about and guarding the two. A miner is on his knees in front of the cage and speaking to them.

He has long blonde hair, and grey overalls. He frowns and speaks in a panic. M'name's Jeremiah Fray. I am sorry, miss... There was nothing we could do. The mine collapsed on us after it was freed... When it escaped, it was like an earthquake had started... everythin' was shakin' and the walls were fallin'. I'm the only survivor, I was close to the exit... Ms, we need to go back! Some of them might still be alive! He begs and speaks passionately. Ms. May looks down at the man and begins to speak. Her voice is crisp and orderly. Hah. It was just an accident, understand? Survivors... You are the only survivor, no one else is alive. Understand? What happened was, this thing was let loose. You tell no one about what really happened, or else. You say that this creature had walked in and attacked. You will recieve a pay raise for your cooperation, Mr. Fray.

She nods and Mr. Fray gets up and begins his walk to Homestead, to see his wife and son. As soon as he's gone and out of listening distance, Ms. May. speaks out. Alright, good. Executive Walters, I'll need you to pay a phone call to our friend in Serinet Bastion. Have him begin his mission. Also... Now that the Spirit has escaped, we'll need to have the Acolytes of ours attempt to gather it's location. The older man in the suit nods and takes out his cell phone. He moves away for a while, and Ms. May moves up to the beast. She taps a bar on the cage and the thing growls and roars and scratches the cage. She moves back and announces her orders. Alright. Bring it down there, then release it. It'll stay down there and eat away at the corpses of the miners. Handler's, go ahead. She then takes her two bodyguards wielding massive guns, and waves at Executive Walter, who gets off the phone. The four begin walking away from the site....

The Location of the Players

Suddenly, from wherever the players may be in The Nexus, there is a pull as if something has attempted to teleport them... Wherever the players are, they might begin to feel something pulling them to Giant's Cradle, and they will see their bodies begin to fade out before reappearing here.... (I will PM each of you the exact details of how.)

Anyway, supposing that works, you will all appear in a glade, on the side of the island opposite of Giant's Peak Mountain.

The party appears in the sheltered glade, due to The Spirit. “You all suddenly reappear in a glade, where many trees form shelter from the sun. You have never even seen this place, and have no clue how you got here. All you can remember is a bluish-white light begin to shine on you, and felt yourself evaporating and reappearing here. As you suddenly flash into The Sheltered Glade, it becomes evident other people are here as well. You all look around and see each other. You all have looks of confusion and bewilderment. You do not recognize each other. You also see a small creature floating in the air. It’s a small creature that looks like a plump fairy except it has no wings and gives off a faint white aura. It waves in a show that it means no harm. It sits there and floats, it doesn't seem to be able to speak beyond squeaks.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-05-23 at 02:55 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: (Nexus): A Crack in Time Plot Thread

Giant's Something or Other

Poof!

A man appears, blue and white sparks swirling around him as he fades back.into existence...
    He also begins to feel very strong.
    This man is Aric, Crown Prince of the ruined kingdom of Alleble and the last to wield Murynstil. He is tall, strong and athletic with shoulder length blond hair and a rather stunning goatee.
    His armor is simple; chain mail and a humble, yet sturdy, cotton tunic and a pair of pants.
    his armament is a bit more complex. It consists of a sheathed dagger, (Wakizashi) a round shield, about two feet around, and a spear. The material of all these weapons is a pearlescent metal called Murynstil. It is much sturdier than steel and had the property to absorb and reflect magic and energy based attacks. The shield has runes carved upon it to deny the first part, causing it to merely deflect. It also has the Crest of House Kale: A purple orchid bordered in white, set on a black background.

tl;dr
    Aric's here, check Avatar to see his smexiness.
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2013-05-23 at 04:43 PM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria poofs next to Aric.

Having not expected to make such a journey, she is not wearing her normal adventuring gear, but instead jeans and a t-shirt with sneakers.

At least she has her wands with her, along with her pouch of spell materials.

She sees Aric next to her and reduces herself to human sized to introduce herself.

Hello.

Any idea what's going on?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, the posting order shall be

Aric_Kale

Felandria

Fishkiller (Who Pmed me saying she'd need a week, so we'll have to wait a little while until her exams finish.)

Alright, this is a purely OOC post here, to help us all understand the way I'll run combat for this.

I would like health points, and a list of attacks. ( Ex, Aric: 25 Hp, Fearblaze Dagger, etc, etc, etc.)

It is your character, so you decide how sturdy you are. Just, remember.. If this was a game you'd be at level one, so nothing too strong just yet! Everyone's health increases by ten per level up, and level ups occur when I believe a character has matured and gained valuable wisdom.

Also, everyone will be receiving a special PM containing a vision each character will have.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Alright.

Felandria

HP: 32

Attacks: Magic Missile
    Shocking Grasp
    Slam

Abilities: Size Alteration

6. - Top - End - #6
    FishKiller
    Guest in the Playground

Ellyri appears beside the other two, obviously startled and shooken up. She likes to keep her feet on the ground, where they belong. Once her feet are back on land, she looks up. Her eyes dart around the glade, taking in her surroundings, before noticing the blonde prince and the tall red-headed girl to his left.

She pushes her long brown hair back from her face and looks at them with curious eyes. They're obviously very different in appearance, but she can't help but notice they both carry subtle, but no less impressive, weapons on them. She moves her hand away from the arrow pouch strapped to her hip, but maintains her tight grip on the bow in her left hand, her only source of protection(not that it'd help much if the woman decided to use those wands on her, of course).

Before she can ask what's happened, a small light catches her eye and she finds herself looking at a small, fairy-like creature floating a few feet in front of them. She is transfixed by the entity, but seeing as it means no harm, she decides to focus instead on where she is and who the people standing next to her are. Judging by their confused expressions, she assumes they were transported here by similar methods.

I take it you guys are as confused as I am... Any clue what this cute little thing is(referring to the floating creature that is now giving off a pretty white aura)? I'm Ellyri, by the way. You can call me Ellie, if you'd like.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: (Nexus): A Crack in Time Plot Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Felandria poofs next to Aric.

Having not expected to make such a journey, she is not wearing her normal adventuring gear, but instead jeans and a t-shirt with sneakers.

At least she has her wands with her, along with her pouch of spell materials.

She sees Aric next to her and reduces herself to human sized to introduce herself.

Hello.

Any idea what's going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Giant's Something or Other

Poof!

A man appears, blue and white sparks swirling around him as he fades back into existence...
    He also begins to feel very strong.
    This man is Aric, Crown Prince of the ruined kingdom of Alleble and the last to wield Murynstil. He is tall, strong and athletic with shoulder length blond hair and a rather stunning goatee.
    His armor is simple; chain mail and a humble, yet sturdy, cotton tunic and a pair of pants.
    his armament is a bit more complex. It consists of a sheathed dagger, (Wakizashi) a round shield, about two feet around, and a spear. The material of all these weapons is a pearlescent metal called Murynstil. It is much sturdier than steel and had the property to absorb and reflect magic and energy based attacks. The shield has runes carved upon it to deny the first part, causing it to merely deflect. It also has the Crest of House Kale: A purple orchid bordered in white, set on a black background.

tl;dr
    Aric's here, check Avatar to see his smexiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by FishKiller View Post
    Ellyri appears beside the other two, obviously startled and shooken up. She likes to keep her feet on the ground, where they belong. Once her feet are back on land, she looks up. Her eyes dart around the glade, taking in her surroundings, before noticing the blonde prince and the tall red-headed girl to his left.

She pushes her long brown hair back from her face and looks at them with curious eyes. They're obviously very different in appearance, but she can't help but notice they both carry subtle, but no less impressive, weapons on them. She moves her hand away from the arrow pouch strapped to her hip, but maintains her tight grip on the bow in her left hand, her only source of protection(not that it'd help much if the woman decided to use those wands on her, of course).

Before she can ask what's happened, a small light catches her eye and she finds herself looking at a small, fairy-like creature floating a few feet in front of them. She is transfixed by the entity, but seeing as it means no harm, she decides to focus instead on where she is and who the people standing next to her are. Judging by their confused expressions, she assumes they were transported here by similar methods.

I take it you guys are as confused as I am... Any clue what this cute little thing is(referring to the floating creature that is now giving off a pretty white aura)? I'm Ellyri, by the way. You can call me Ellie, if you'd like.
    The cute little thing seems to look like a very chubby female fairy, but not fat enough to be off-putting, but fat enough to be extremely cute. It wiggles it's arms as it hovers through the air, apparently unable to talk. The Glade is very pretty, large trees covering the small sanctuary, though the leaves are fading and dying away due to Winter having arrived recently. The grass is pretty tall, and is that light blonde color that only prairie grasses seem to have.

An interested family of prairie dogs watches from atop a rock, and chatter softly, though they seem to be on edge for some reason... There's no snow falling yet, but dark clouds slowly, and lazily move ever closer to cover the sun. They won't be there for a while, so the storm won't be happening too soon.

There is a path leading out of The Sheltered Glade, though the path is dirt and grass and wild potato plants have covered most of it. The party members can look ahead and see past the tall grass there are a few trees that loom over the path, and on a hill even farther ahead, is a small town built. It's a while away, and would take about an hour to walk to, but the day is very pleasant and the temperature is fair. All in all, it's an absolutely beautiful day.

The Spirit hovers and looks at the party, before moving closer and looking over them. It doesn't motion for them to move, but rather to keep talking. It also will point at Aric, motioning for him to say something... IT must have told him something in the vision?

8. - Top - End - #8

Aric looks up as the Giantess appears and shrinks before his eyes. He's about to reply to her question when Ellyri joins them. He doesn't even bat an eye, obviously an experienced campaigner.

Suddenly, the adorably chubby fairy creature looks him eye to eye. He falls to his knees, gasping for breath, I-I see a sea of sand, with a massive library full of books, A hot desert sand is shining brightly over a dark horizon. There's a library...it's ransacked, windows broken and pillars cracked...and there's an ancient, evil presence hiding somewhere.
    Now I hear a voice...

There is an ancient evil, hidden... It is a true heroes duty. But this will come later, but soon you will reach your greatest challenge. Help me, save me, protect me from the woman.

Aric shakes his head and stands to his feet...
    Well, that's a first...
    Hello friends, I'm Aric and I believe we have a quest.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria extends a hand to Aric.

Name's Felandria.

Well, it seems the three of us are in this together, whatever this is.

She turns to Ellyri.

And your name?

10. - Top - End - #10
    FishKiller
    Guest in the Playground

Just call me Ellie. Pleasure to meet both of you.

She nods slightly and pulls her bow sling around to put it away, feeling no threat from Aric or Felandria, but now slightly wary of the mysterious creature. Aric doesn't seem to be hurt at all, though he certainly seemed a bit startled by the images it placed in his head. Which is more than she can say for how she reacted to the vision that appeared to her.

The millions of bright lights that all simutaneously lit up before her would've caused her to jump out of her skin, had she not already been out of her skin, in a sense. She saw a great tower looming over a blindingly bright town, intimidating and powerful. But not as powerful as the woman overlooking it all...

A quest, huh? Ellie's eyes brightened up, excited for the mission to come, and no doubt happy to forget about the eerily mysterious woman and the overwhelming magical lights she'd seen in her vision, at least for the time being. I'm in.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

The Sheltered Glade, Giant's Cradle

The Spirit simply continues it's floating, and the pleasant weather continues to be very soothing. A brisk wind passes through, causing the tall grass to move like a wave. Leaves fall all around them, and butterflies fly through the air.

12. - Top - End - #12

Aric smiles, his face is warm and friendly as he takes Felandria's hand and lightly kisses it in the most knightly and courtly of manners.
    He bows to Ellie, A pleasure indeed.
    Now, shall we venture down the path? Though I will regret leaving this place, pleasant as it is...

He waits to see their responses.
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2013-05-26 at 06:55 PM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria nods.

Should we...

She falls to her knees and clutches her head, breathing heavily.

The church....

The windows, the doors, all destroyed....

Find Felran, he knows....

Serinet Bastion.

Felandria exhales in relief and gets to her feet.

Either of you know where that is?

14. - Top - End - #14
    FishKiller
    Guest in the Playground

A library, and now a church? Could this have anything to do with the woman in my vision? Ellie wonders.

Perhaps we should make our way to that town over there? She gestures towards a small town about an hour's walk from where they are currently. It looks nice enough... For now, anyways.

Suddenly, they notice the clouds getting darker in the sky and a cool breeze blows through The Glade, sending shivers down Ellyri's spine. She did not anticipate a voyage of any sort and her little amount of clothing, though modest enough, showed her lack of preparation.

I don't think this weather will be so pleasant for much longer...

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

The Sheltered Glade, Giant's Cradle

The Spirit nods at Ellie, apparently agreeing with her. It nods and will attempt to tug slowly at Aric's clothing.

The wind is still nice enough, and the weather is okay.. But it is getting colder, and it will probably be snowing later. The path is a worn dirt one, and Ellie (Due to her hunting skills) might be able to track and see a man had ran up this path earlier today.

16. - Top - End - #16

Aric agrees and will let Ellyri take the lead, due to her superior tracking skills. He also appear to be greatly amused by the chubfairy.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria follows close behind, hoping it doesn't get too cold.

18. - Top - End - #18
    FishKiller
    Guest in the Playground

As Ellyri leads them down the path, she notices that a man's footprints have been left in the dirt, leading in the opposite direction. He appears to have been in a hurry, judging by how far apart his footprints are...

How odd, she thinks. There isn't much to be running to, other than that little glade, though I don't see why someone would be in such a rush to get there...

She turns to Aric and Felandria. They haven't noticed the footprints, but they seem to be a bit nervous, or maybe they're just cold. She decides it'd be best not to worry them. After all, they're just footprints. Maybe this man wanted some peace and quiet and decided to make a little trip to the woods to meditate. That's understandable.

The town is not much farther. We'll find a place to stay there until the storm that is brewing has passed. Once there, we can try to make sense of all this...

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

The Path to Homestead (The Town), Giant's Cradle

As the curious and spooked group advances up the path, they might feel a little bit... unnerved. There doesn't seem to be much wildlife out, which is very, very odd for an island like this, full of plants and homes for the animals. A few insects buzz around the new friends ears, and they might get a few mosquito bites, but nothing too bad.

There's a tree up ahead, and after about forty minutes of walking with nothing really happening, they'll come across a large tree, with an old man up it. He's clinging desperately on a thick branch, his travelers clothes ripped up a bit from something, and his farmers straw cap teeters on his head. AH! Stay away from me! Find your own tree! The animals are going crazy! Get away from me! You might attract more of the things! Get away, town’s up ahead, but I couldn't get back…there’s a horde of those things prowling the roads…

He growls and shrieks, pointing at about five nasty little things jumping up and down at the bottom of the tree. They look like wild cats, but have much larger teeth and claws. They're only a bit larger than a housecat, but froth at the mouth as well. They charge at the group! Each has 7 HP.

20. - Top - End - #20

Aric hums a jolly tone in an attempt to lighten the mood. He doesn't appear to be chilled by the drop in temperatures, but prolonged time spent outdoors could definitely change that.
    He does take careful note of the lack of other noises, though Aric appears to have not a care in the world...
    He's about to ask Ellyri how her tracking is coming when they come across man in a tree.
    Have no worries, good sir, we mean you no trouble. If you come down from that tree we can keep you safe.
    Ha! It would appear that Aric gets to put his words to the test.

Aric lunges for the center most beast, thrusting with his spear. It's a fairly basic attack.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria reaches out and uses Shocking Grasp on the one nearest to her.

22. - Top - End - #22
    FishKiller
    Guest in the Playground

Ellyri's lack of preparation is displayed, yet again, as she jabs at one of the feral felines with one of her arrows. She makes a mental note to make some weapons when she gets a chance. The arrows would have very little effect, had they not been doused in poison.

You know, if these things weren't foaming at the mouth and weren't, you know, attacking us, they might be kind of cute.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Path to Homestead, Giant's Cradle

The carnivorous feline attackers lunge and charge for the group, two on Ellyri, two on Flandria, and one on Aric. The animals are first hurt by the group, as follows. The first on Ellyrie gets jabbed in the eye, and begins to feel rather tired... His brain is hurt badly, and the poison is injected right into his bloodstream, it howls angrily before lying down and falling into the grass, mewling in pain.

The wild cat on Aric is effectively harpooned! Poor thing has a bloody spear through it's chest, which pierces it's heart, and it keels over and does in a bloody mess.

Felandria will hit as well, grabbing it and electrifying it, but not quite killing it. This one seems to be the pack leader, and will bite at Felandria's arms.

That leaves three left. The leader biting Felandria, the one one Ellyri, and the one on Aric. The feral kitty on Ellyri will attempt to claw at her leg, attempting to rip through her green stockings. The one on Aric will leap and attempt to maul Aric's face, ow.

24. - Top - End - #24

Aric laughs as he effectively creates a kitty kabob. He'll then try to shake the cat off of his spear as he raises his shield against his aggressor. Indeed! If they weren't trying to viciously end my life I would keep one in a heartbeat.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

As the cat bites her arm, Felandria glares angrily at it and starts to grow.

She grabs the cat with her bigger hand and squeezes it as she delivers another shocking grasp.

26. - Top - End - #26
    FishKiller
    Guest in the Playground

Distracted by the sudden growth of Felandria beside her, Ellyri takes a nice claw to her leg. She doesn't even wince. She lunges for the creature and swiftly stabs another one of her arrows into it's neck. As the cat growls and hisses in pain, Ellyri takes out her bow, reaches around the cat's neck and jerks the bowstring clear through it's little neck.

She wipes the string on her pants and looks to see how Felandria and Aric are holding up.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Path to Homestead, Giant's Cradle

The surviving feral cats are each killed pretty gruesomely.

The kitty on Felandria claws at her arm and yowls angrily, not liking being picked up. He hisses and moves to bite, but then feels her hand collide with him, and the electricity fries the poor thing, catching his fur on fire. It drops from Felandria's hand and onto the ground, flopping there, and a sound of his skull cracking as he hits a rock on the ground can be heard. Dead cat is on fire now, unfortunately, so she might want to put out the flames...

Aric's attacking wild cat jumps right into a metal shield, ow. Needless to say, it's face is bashed in. So, it shouts and meals before falling down to the floor, alive but in great pain, blood dripping out of a huge cut on it's head, it's mewling and hissing angrily, but won't fight.

That nasty gash in Ellyri's ankle is infected. The feral cats carried around plenty of diseases, so the townspeople always stayed away from 'em, and the cats stayed away from the townspeople. Something must have upset the food chain on the island... So, poor Ellyri might need to wash out that wound pretty quick. The cat that clawed her is killed as well. It's head severed...

The old man watches in horror.

(Also, Fishkiller, attempt actions? The GM, (me) tells you if your actions succeed.)

28. - Top - End - #28

Aric finishes off the wounded cat with a quick thrust to the head, assuming it can't dodge...
    he then looks at the other party members, Is everyone alright? Any injuries?
    He then looks up and gives a slight grimace at the farmer's expression of distaste...
    It's fine to come down, we'll escort you to the nearest town where you can go whichever way suits you best. Ever the optimist, Aric smiles, At least nobody died, that is indeed something to be grateful for.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Across the Island, Giant's Top-Three Months Earlier

The aeroport atop Giant's Top Mountain was bustling with activity, men and women move through the small earoport. The aeroport housed about sixty people, and was composed of about fifty chairs, a small store inside to buy food and snacks for the skyship flight, and two lines that end with clerks with baskets of tickets that they stamp to grant a passanger access to the ship docked atop the Aeroport. The ship is called The Brittaine, and is a pretty large skyship top class. This ship carried food to the island, and took passenger's and the precious metals mined from the island off. It was a proud ship, boasting a large sized balloon and skilled crew.

Their Captain was a dwarf by the name of Cascious Mchardy, an old grey haired dwarf who knew the sky and stars like the back of his wrinkled but muscular hand. He wears big black squeaky boots, and a navy and gold uniform of an official Silethean (The Capital City's) Skyship Academy, schools made to train crews and captains of syships. He's currently sitting and trying to doze off in the chair located in his Captain's Cabin, but jumps when he hears a woman scream, and then several other people start screaming as well. He hears an explosion down by the aeroport, and scrambles to get a look out his window. ...By Moradin's bright blue beard.

He sees a man down below outside the aeroport, a very strange man he recognized. That was Old Man Franklin, a hermit that lived on the mountain a little lower down. He lived in a pretty small shack and collected creepy old books. That's all anyone ever knew about him. He came down to town every few months and bought a large amount of food, which he would carry back up the mountain, and he wan't seen for about a few months after that, before repeating his food run. He rarely spoke... which was fine, because he was a grumpy old man. The housewives of the town all said how they'd hear strange sounds coming from the mountainside, like dying animals... and it was common knowledge he was once part of some odd mage cult...

Old Man Franklin was there, his hands glowing with dark red magical energy, a ripped up scarlet cape flying through the air, it was very windy up here. His hair was white, and his face was contorted in a terrible grimace, as if he was working at a job he didn't particularly like, or maybe he just didn't like all the screaming. He wore a big brown and leather fur coat over a thick white shirt. His pants were brown and very warm, and his feet were clad in big brown snowboots as well. His hair blew in the wind, as he sent spells flying.

Captain Cascious tried to get out of his cabin, but found the door magically locked. None of the crew members were on board, they were in the aeroport getting some lunch before they would set off... The doors and windows out of the aerport locked, shut, and were magically reinforced, trapping everyone inside with little food and water. Five people were stranded outside with Franklin, three men and two women. Two of the men charged at Franklin, simply trying to tackle him. As soon as they got close, an odd pattern of dark runes flew out of Franklin's hands, and each hit the men, before being absorbed into them. They shout in terrible pain, before hitting the ground and begin clutching themselves, their internal organs bleeding out, the magic having torn their insides apart. The three surviving people get on the ground and put their hands up. The old man barks at one of the women, while his magic binds the other two's hands and feet. Come here Miss.

She walks timidly, the poor young woman shaking from the cold and from fear. He raises his hand and she is lifted into the air, before the creepy old ma's magic promptly causes her clothes to... Fall off? Leaving her naked in the air. Next he... squeezes his hand into a fist, and her body contorts, her spine breaking in half, blood erupting everywhere and covering the snow... The old man than let's her body fall to the ground, before he takes out a big glass jar filled with twelve odd desert scarabs, completely out of place here. A gift to Pulveris and his chosen beetles... A young woman's corpse, tribute to you... They will feast on her heart. He moves to the woman's body, and takes out a knife, slashing her stomach wide... before opening the jar and letting the beetles feast...

He then glares over directly where Captain Cascious was staring, and the good captain faints, falling down onto the floorboard.

It's been three months, no one else has died, and Old Man Franklin stands at the top of the mountain, looking down at Giant's Cradle. The townsfolk send a sheriff up to investigate the day before the PC's appeared... He hasn't returned.

Something horrible is going on.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Aric finishes off the wounded cat with a quick thrust to the head, assuming it can't dodge...
    he then looks at the other party members, Is everyone alright? Any injuries?
    He then looks up and gives a slight grimace at the farmer's expression of distaste...
    It's fine to come down, we'll escort you to the nearest town where you can go whichever way suits you best. Ever the optimist, Aric smiles, At least nobody died, that is indeed something to be grateful for.
    Felandria nods.

I'll be fine.

We should probably keep him in the middle, keep him safe.