New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: WATCHTOWER 16: Quick and Dirty

The necromancer mutters to himself for a bit. Securing bands of silver to my summonings will help, then. That rules out ethereals. Skeletal birds... are far too noticeable. I'll have to animate the bodies of recently dead birds, then. He taps the spine of his spellbook seven times and tucks it away inside his robes. I will begin working immediately.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #332
    Halfling in the Playground

"Excellent. You need any help? I could always shoot down some birds or something," Adir says, crossing his arms.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #333

The more dead birds you can bring me, the wider a net I can cast. Spyridon hesitates. I must admit I feel uncomfortable about killing animals just to reanimate them. But the cause is very important, isn't it? He's rather more ethical than most necromancers.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

4. - Top - End - #334

Unforgivable Heresy - Just Outside the Front Door

Oh look, it's Magtok, arm in arm with Jezebel!

...Wait, what?! How...Is that actually a thing that's happening right now?! You're sure this isn't some fictional doomsday scenario KR set up to prepare Watch members for real and much more plausible disasters? Maybe a ludicrous impossibility that only exists in Remnant contingency plan notes, as a tongue-in-cheek gag that was only written up because someone was really, really bored one afternoon? Maybe Watchtower was struck with a hallucinogen bomb, and everyone is just sharing the same really bizarre and ridiculous delusion as each other?

...Huh. So it's not any of those things, you say? Really happening, and right outside Watch's door? Strange. I can't imagine what Magtok thinks is going to happen, knocking on the door with that person of all people beside him. It's not like anyone is going to fail to recognize them, either. I mean, she's a purple, nearly eight feet tall Slaanesh daemon thingy who has a murky past with certain Watch members. And he's Magtok.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Unforgivable Heresy

Jezebel can't help but grin as she walks arm-in-arm with the world's most notorious cyborg. This was something people only dreamed about and she was actually doing it!

Or as the case may be, doing him.

Assuming the pair get past the gate with ease, the Daemon will stride on up to the door and give it a loud rap. "Hello! Can we come in? We're here for some booty!" She shouts merrily before looking at Magtok. "Think we ought to tell them we're pirates?" She asks before trying to simply open the door if no one beats them to it.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

((Skeletal birds? Like the messenger pigeons in Grim Fandango? ))

As it happens, Shawna is likely, at the moment, in the main room, doing paperwork. And, so far, blissfully unaware of the HERESY! knocking, knocking at WATCHTOWER's chamber door.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

[Unforgivable Heresy]

The door swings open to reveal a blond haired dwarf in a broad brimmed hat peering up at him. He looks like he recognizes Maggy, but not the funny looking giant-demon next to him. "You need something?" He asks gruffly.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-01-15 at 05:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #338

Unforgivable Heresy

"Oh, just the convening of the first, second, third, and possibly fourth congress of Godlark and Tel'vree. Nothing to worry about. You need not show us the way, we're more than capable of finding the chamber on our own." Magtok waves a hand dismissively, and tries to walk right on past the dwarf, putting on his best 'I know exactly what I'm doing, it's serious business, and I'm definitely not up to any shenanigans' face.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

"We won't be here all day. Just a little while, I promise." Jezebel tells the dwarf sweetly, smiling. "Not gonna break anything and the booty/treature thing was just a joke." She says, trying to reassure the dwarf as she also tries to walk right past, towards the room they had selected ahead of time.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Shawna looks up as the twosome walks past.

And double-takes.
    Starts to rise.
    ...then settles back into her seat.

This is madness!
    And she doesn't want any of it on her.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

At the last second, Yazon's arm shoots out to block Maggy and Jezebel. Even if one of the other runs into it, he won't budge an inch. "Last I checked, neither Magtok nor his chicken winged girlfriend had any business here."

12. - Top - End - #342

Unforgivable Heresy - Entrance

"Chicken winged?!"

Magtok puts on the most indignant look he can. Dear lord, chicken winged?! Why, that's an outrage! Our cyborg is so completely flabbergasted and offended by that proclamation that he can't even think straight!

"Chicken winged! By gods, what audacity! My apologies, Ms. Tel'vree, I had no idea that the tower kept such...such scoundrels in their midst! Heavens, and this place used to have such standards, too! Men and women of the finest breeding, working together to forestall the inevitable! Such shame, to see it all come to this!"

His expression suddenly stops being so much feigned outrage, and goes right to a rather serious, not at all comical frown.

"Alright, fine. Serious answer? Secret meeting stuff, concerning Riverside and the approaching Dionysus attack that you're not supposed to know about. You can call Ilpholin if you'd like, she'll verify it. We're trying to keep it hush-hush, prevent exactly the sort of panic he wants to happen."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

13. - Top - End - #343

HalflingRogueGuy

As I walk alone I find the famed watchtower, interested I wok to the entrance and knock.
    I am just a worthless liar.
    I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you.
    Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you.
    I will chew it up and leave,
    I will work to elevate you
    Just enough to bring you down.

Tool.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Orc in the Playground

[Unforgivable Heresy/Entrance]

Unfortunately, someone else shows up at this point. A certain perpetually unamused psychic, namely, who immediately gives the two attempting to gain entrance a death glare.

"Do not let them in."
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

15. - Top - End - #345

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    The more dead birds you can bring me, the wider a net I can cast. Spyridon hesitates. I must admit I feel uncomfortable about killing animals just to reanimate them. But the cause is very important, isn't it? He's rather more ethical than most necromancers.
    "'Fraid so. I'll try and get the old or sickly ones, if that makes you feel any better," Adir says. He has a nack for discerning such things, even if it's not immediately obvious.

And presumably, an hour or two later, he returns. A bundle of dead birds over one shoulder. For the sake of convenience, this can be a in a seperate timeline from the Magtok/Jezebel thing.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #346

HalflingRogueGuy

I knock again.

"Anybody going let me in?!?"
    Last edited by Sgtpepper; 2013-01-16 at 05:24 PM.
    I am just an imbecile.

Tool.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mr. Belkster's entrance.

A woman opens the door for this unknown persons. "Yes, this is Watchtower. May I help you with something?"

18. - Top - End - #348

HalflingRogueGuy

"I've heard some things about this tower, I have traveled distances unfathomable looking for it. I would like to join in on whatever happens within these Walls."

*As This is said I extensively look around*
    Last edited by Sgtpepper; 2013-01-16 at 06:01 PM.
    I am just an imbecile.

Tool.

19. - Top - End - #349

Entrance

"I see, well we usually have a test for new candidates. But perhaps you can tell me a bit about yourself first? I'm Cessie Mithar, one of the leaders of this organization." She introduces herself to the man.

20. - Top - End - #350

HalflingRogueGuy

"I am Thalmas Walker, some consider me a woodsman. I am good with a bow and as you could have guessed I am a elf, but a wood elf to be exact. Other then that I usually stick to myself and not let others know any more."
    I am just an imbecile.

Tool.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Unspeakable Heresy

"Ah, the famed Eldritchslayer Whalebane himself, is it?" Jezebel asks with a grin. "Now why can't we be allowed? All we'll do is spend a couple hours in the room with the pool table, and be on our way afterward. No one gets hurt except for the table, and everyone is the better for it." She explains before looking down at the dwarf with the same smile, but somehow slightly more demeaning. "Why, I never planned on hurting anyone here anyway. I even forgot the rightful bloodfeud that I still have to fulfill somehow until this point." She says, looking thoughtful but obviously being somewhat sarcastic about forgetting.

"I mean, I've already forgiven one of your members for the death of my love, but there's still the matter of the other one and all the damage you did to my property. Sure, I may have had one of your members spy for me, but that was completely incidental. I met Merrak before any of the rest of you. I didn't even know what Watch was." She admits. "But unless you had made trouble for me, I wasn't going to make trouble for you. Until now I suppose." The Daemon-Queen says before setting a hand on Magtok's shoulder gently.

"See, we really do have a good reason to be let through. See, if we are, I'll actually will forget any thoughts about Retribution and your organization will never see hide nor tail of me again." She promises before raising the tip of her tail into sight meaningfully. "I don't know what Magtok can promise, but that's my word. If we aren't, then the feud I mentioned before will have to be fulfilled eventually. You haven't lost a member to my hand yet, and I dislike the thought of doing such, but I have obligations. Or would you rather I simply...bought a few key people?" She asks, looking thoughtfully at DC before giving him a small innocent smile.

"I do know of your company, Whalebane. Both the manufacturing and the power plants, and that you have quite the business going on in both Inside and Riverside. I would hate to see any loss of profit or property as a result of any choices made here today, but who knows what would happen, right?" She asks, tilting her head quizzically. "As for the powers that'd anger, well, how would you be able to prove it was I that did anything, or even be sure I am not capable of taking on anything that was sent by you or any other organization you have your dirty little fingers in?"

Jezebel's smile fades after a moment before she gives the psychic a meaningful look, turning quite serious and done playing. "So I suppose the question is if you'd rather have peace between our quite extensive political factions at the cheap price of two hours and a pool table, or if you'd like to try and call a "bluff" that an immortal with nothing to lose is making?"

22. - Top - End - #352

Entrance

Cessie nods. "Come inside then Thalmas. I make an habit of trying to get to know all new members." She replies, opening the door to let the woodsman inside. "You're going to need to fill out a brief form before you take the test. Are you okay with that? You're encouraged to mention anything notable about yourself."

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

Unspeakable Heresy

"In diplomacy as in any other form of battle, there must be compromises made and deals struck in order to ensure a favorable outcome, with the added complication that the outcome must be favorable to both sides involved in the issue. Attempting to fully profit in a single sided fashion in a deal involving mutual parties can lead to unfortunate things happening."

...that would be Shawna in her white, neatly-pressed uniform, suddenly standing behind DC, and off to the side a little. Clearly she was there all along. Yup.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2013-01-16 at 06:45 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #354

HalflingRogueGuy

"I am fine filling out the form, but it appears I have no writing utensils may I borrow one"
    I am just an imbecile.

Tool.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Orc in the Playground

DC steps to the side so as to see both Jezebel and Shawna, glaring daggers at both. "What do you want, then, because I refuse to deal with the whims of this idiot who thinks she can threaten me. Do you want me to go into the list of all the reasons she would ultimately be the losing side? Because I can, and it's quite the expansive list."

Less visible, though, is a quiet attempt at reading Magtok's mind. All the better to call bluffs with if he's not going to go along with this.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

26. - Top - End - #356

Entrance

"Yes, there is both paper and pen right there." Cessie replies, pointing out the basket standing on a nearby table specifically for just this purpose. "I might need some time thinking up your test though considering we tend to tailor them to each individual member." She explains.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Yazon doesn't move his arm from barring the door. He glances back at DC for a moment, but otherwise he'll keep his thoughts to himself and let his superiour officer handle the situation.

28. - Top - End - #358

HalflingRogueGuy

"Take your time I'm in no rush."
    I am just an imbecile.

Tool.

29. - Top - End - #359

Inside WATCHTOWER

"Okay, just fill this form then." Cessie replies as she hands him a paper and a pen from the basket.

The Form
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name:
    Species:
    Profession:
    Reason for joining WATCHTOWER:
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to WATCHTOWER:
    Other Information:

30. - Top - End - #360

HalflingRogueGuy

"Here's the form" hands form over "As well I cannot wait for the test too begin"

Form
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Thalmas Walker
    Sex: Male
    Species: Wood Elf
    Profession: Fletcher
    Reason for joining WATCHTOWER: I have heard of it and feel I could help.
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to WATCHTOWER: I have a ring, i have not figured out what it does and why i have it. It showed up in my pocket one day.
    Other Information: I enjoy people but do not like to reveal too much personal history.
    I am just an imbecile.

Tool.