New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: WATCHTOWER 16: Quick and Dirty

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Well I bet we could help you out. I'll drive some plants over there, and she'll just... work her magic," Adir says, grinning. He doesn't tell her enough, but he really does love what Sakura's done with their hill-house.
    [Armory]

"Well that would be nice. I hope she can make it less colorfull. People get distracted to fast and it's still a church for Deus Mechanicus."

She amiles as well, not knowing what Adir plans. Let's hope he doesn't think about bringing the brother Mia danced with at the wedding.

"Oh and while we are on it. You may also thank Deus Mechanicus during your visit. You know for that, that, that, that and that."

Mia pokes him where the wounds have been before she used the healing on him. She seems to remember exactly where they have been.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Main Room]

Mia looks at hi very confused.

"What you mean? I only mean the acros wouldn't be good, since people could missunderstand what we do. I don't know what you heared."
    "I heard exactly what I said you were saying," he says, all told, probably unhelpfully. "If that wasn't what you meant, my apologies."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Planning Room]

"I'd personally like to investigate the hunting grounds myself first before making any decision. Just how frequent are these 'super-beasts' exactly? From what I have seen, there are quite dangerous beings in outside as well after all, not to mention that I believe we might we want to be careful about this goddess if we really want to start this operation." Cessie replies.
    "The concentration of creatures of similar size and possibly strength to the one I fought is significantly greater than in other regions. I could pull up satellite-view records, and we've got aircraft for reconnaissance and mapping duties as well. You can trust us about the potential danger in the Grounds. And if the current population there isn't sufficient to convince you, I could simply remind you of all the things there that are undoubtedly already dead." A hint of annoyance creeps into Hill's voice. "As for this goddess you keep bringing up, if she was going to interfere, she would have done it when we brought the thing I killed back for study. Again, if such beings were so fond of intervention, we would see far more of it than we do. If divine intervention occurred here at the drop of a hat like that, there would be no need for Remnant or the Altaran Irregulars. And yet there is."
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

[Planning Room]

"But she might intervene if we start exploiting her hunting grounds for our own goals," Wenomir says. "Deities tend to be like that. Apathetic until someone touches their toys."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

[Planning Room]

"Doubtful, given the entire reason we were originally interested. We wanted to create a better soldier through the gifts granted there, and I volunteered for the project. We don't have any icons or elites like the Mortal Coil unit that moved on to form Remnant's leadership, and we wanted to correct that. Before anyone starts going on about power-mongering, every faction like Remnant and the Irregulars needs people who stand out from the rest, and we're correcting our flaws, nothing more. The point being, were this goddess so picky, we would have been targeted already. We haven't." At least Hill is being honest about their original reasons for being there. The fact that they're not hiding it from potential allies is a good thing, if nothing else.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

[Planning Room]

"Good point, I suppose. Alright. I see no reason not to help you with this. It might end up being useful. Cessie?" Wenomir asks. The sorceress might have more objections.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #247

[Planning Room]

"While I'm personally doubtful about the scenarios you paint up, the idea just hit me that the 'demonic corruption' we're currently investigating could potentially spread to the hunting grounds, which is a imminent concern. I still like to travel to the hunting grounds however, but to investigate if this corruption might have spread there." Cessie replies. "But to clarify, I have no objections against this plan."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

[Planning Room]

"I have no objections either, though you should inform your commander that he may wish to contact me about the state of his aircraft," DC says.

Hill nods. "Excellent, though you're right, the potential of some sort of demonic corruption spreading there is something to be concerned about. We're not aware of anything of that sort at this time, and the problem is, it's nigh-impossible to investigate the entire Grounds with limited manpower. Naturally, if we detect anything on the satellite feeds, you'll be informed. But if you want, I could accompany a group from here on an excursion there as an act of good faith. The transport that brought me here could even take us now, since it's stealth-capable."
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2012-12-09 at 07:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

9. - Top - End - #249
    Halfling in the Playground

[Armory]

"Well that would be nice. I hope she can make it less colorfull. People get distracted to fast and it's still a church for Deus Mechanicus."

She amiles as well, not knowing what Adir plans. Let's hope he doesn't think about bringing the brother Mia danced with at the wedding.

"Oh and while we are on it. You may also thank Deus Mechanicus during your visit. You know for that, that, that, that and that."

Mia pokes him where the wounds have been before she used the healing on him. She seems to remember exactly where they have been.
    Adir laughs when he's poked, warding her fingers away. "Alright, alright! I'll say my prayers. But you might not wanna put Sakura on this, if you want 'dull'. Dull is one thing she doesn't do well." At least, as far as he knows. "Maaaybe she can manage something more... pristine. Like, peaceful, without drawing the eye."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller;14347465[B
    [Watchtower - General][/B]

After the meeting Cessie can be seen wandering watchtower, looking for Cornelia who is on her list of watchmembers she haven't met yet.
    Cornelia can be found in the kitchen, bent over with her arms folded on the counter. She's glaring steadily at a tiny steam-powered soldier, like some sort of chrome nutcracker, as he rocks back and forth quietly.

"Blasted thing," she says, for the umpteenth time. Mia had said to 'learn its true name'. A machine name. How in blazes did she start doing that?
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #250

[Main Room]

Mia sights, this may be even harder then assumed. Deus mechanicus got her a heavy task with that.

"Ok then again, should we go Riverside, where the gouverment changed, Outside, which is a really big place, Inside, where a team already searches for demons or should we go to the Acros like AMEN GloG etc., where people might missundersand our task?"

[Armory]

"I'm saying that straith. If things are to distracting... I think there are machines who fix that. But I wouldn't like to use the lawnmower."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [Planning Room]

"I have no objections either, though you should inform your commander that he may wish to contact me about the state of his aircraft," DC says.

Hill nods. "Excellent, though you're right, the potential of some sort of demonic corruption spreading there is something to be concerned about. We're not aware of anything of that sort at this time, and the problem is, it's nigh-impossible to investigate the entire Grounds with limited manpower. Naturally, if we detect anything on the satellite feeds, you'll be informed. But if you want, I could accompany a group from here on an excursion there as an act of good faith. The transport that brought me here could even take us now, since it's stealth-capable."
    Wenomir shrugs.
    "It might not be a bad idea. I can go. What about the two of you?" he asks Cessie and DC.

12. - Top - End - #252

[Planning Room]

"Actually, I had planned to arrange to go with one of the lower ranking watchmembers as a part of my program to get to know all the members of this organization better." Cessie explains.

[Watchtower - General]

"Cornelia right?" Cessie asks, looking at her little list of names as she approaches the witch. "For some reason you're not on the list of members I have here." She had seen and heard Cornelia name plenty of times around here though.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-10 at 07:45 AM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

[Planning Room]

DC shakes his head. "I'll have to pass, Wenomir-I have business to discuss with his commander now, as if you didn't know, those are actually my transport craft designs they're using and I imagine they'd like having access to replacements again." Because DC the player doesn't want to keep this two-characters-in-the-same-area thing going for too long.

Hill shrugs. "It's up to you all, naturally, though I can accompany any given group so long as they're not rabidly opposed to working with me or something. Feel free to pick a location on the map display. Maybe somewhere less mountainous, I went there already."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

[Planning Room]

"When I went there, I ended up in a swamp," Wenomir says. "I didn't particularily like it, so let's go somewhere a bit more dry this time. Maybe some plains."
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-12-10 at 04:42 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255

[Planning Room]

"Considering the hunting grounds are that large, I just think it's beneficial if we spread out at such a large area as possible if we like to look for signs of corruption. So why don't we divide ourselves into two groups?" She suggests, before turning to Wenomir. "Watch have it's own flying vehicles after all correct?"

16. - Top - End - #256

[Watchtower - General]

"Cornelia right?" Cessie asks, looking at her little list of names as she approaches the witch. "For some reason you're not on the list of members I have here." She had seen and heard Cornelia name plenty of times around here though.
    Cornelia's not the witch on my character list, I'm afraid. The gun at her hip might attest to that. Cessie draws her attention, and she says, "Well tha is odd. You're one o' the folks in charge here, right? Cessie, idnit?"

[Armory]

"I'm saying that straith. If things are to distracting... I think there are machines who fix that. But I wouldn't like to use the lawnmower."
    "Hey, no mentioning the L-word around Sakura! You might scare her off," Adir says, and it's rather unclear if he's joking or not. That straight face he's been practicing doesn't help decide things either.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

[Planning Room]

"Sounds good to me, and even I know this place has its own aircraft. Though, I'd really have to recommend using something fast or stealth-capable, don't know what might happen with the flying wildlife," Hill advises. "But I have no objections to splitting into multiple teams to cover more ground."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

[Planning Room]

"Splitting up sounds like a good idea," Wenomir says. "Of course, while Watch does have its own aircrafts, I don't know the first thing about piloting them. I think teams of two people would work best in either case."

19. - Top - End - #259

[Planning Room]

"I think Cornelia is supposed to know her way around technology, or at least be able to pilot a flying vehicle. Otherwise I suppose I could attempt to fly us there, or even better, find another pilot." Her ability to fly was hopelessly slow, not like the wind mages she had met.

[Watchtower - General]

"Yes, I'm Cessie Mithar." The sorceress introduces herself before looking back at the list again, starting to write something. "So what was your surname miss Cornelia?"

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

[Planning Room]

"Guess it'll be us two in our transport, then?" Hill asks, gesturing to himself and Wenomir. "We'll cover the transit back as well, naturally, so no worries about getting back."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

[Planning Room]

"Looks like it," Wenomir says. "Should we head off immediately?"

22. - Top - End - #262

[Planning Room]

"You may, I'm going to talk to Cornelia however but I will contact you if there is anything." Cessie replies.

23. - Top - End - #263

[Watchtower - General]

"Yes, I'm Cessie Mithar." The sorceress introduces herself before looking back at the list again, starting to write something. "So what was your surname miss Cornelia?"
    "My pap's name was Walsh, marm. Am I really not on'at list of yers?" Cornelia asks.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #264

[Watchtower - General]

Cessie shakes her head as she writes down Cornelia's surname on the list. "No, I can't find any Cornelia Walsh here. I guess KR must have forgotten to list you. But don't worry, I'll make sure you're added now." Or rather, her player. Cornelia isn't actually on the members list. "In any case, I'm trying to get to know the members of this organization better as a part of my recent promotion to leader. Could you tell me about your fields of expertise miss Walsh?"

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Planning Room]

"Looks like it," Wenomir says. "Should we head off immediately?"
    "If you want. I'll head back to the transport, head there whenever you're ready." Hill then does exactly what he said he would, turning off the map display and retrieving the drive he'd plugged into the computer before leaving the room.

Barring interruptions, he'll be returning to the transport in the courtyard.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

26. - Top - End - #266

[Watchtower - General]

Cessie shakes her head as she writes down Cornelia's surname on the list. "No, I can't find any Cornelia Walsh here. I guess KR must have forgotten to list you. But don't worry, I'll make sure you're added now." Or rather, her player. Cornelia isn't actually on the members list. "In any case, I'm trying to get to know the members of this organization better as a part of my recent promotion to leader. Could you tell me about your fields of expertise miss Walsh?"
    "Oh. Alright," Cornelia says, taken a little off-guard. Well, she knew this was coming - just try not to act nervous around the boss, Nelia. "I shoot things, mostly, marm. My pap taught me a bit o' smithin, too. Bit o' magic. Lil' rituals and such."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #267

[Watchtower - General]

Shooting
    Smithing
    Magic?

Cessie notes down, finding the term magic being rather vague as usual, but what could you do?

"Could you specific 'magic' a bit more? What sort of rituals?" Hopefully she wasn't making her too nervous.

28. - Top - End - #268

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Cornelia's not the witch on my character list, I'm afraid. The gun at her hip might attest to that. Cessie draws her attention, and she says, "Well tha is odd. You're one o' the folks in charge here, right? Cessie, idnit?"

"Hey, no mentioning the L-word around Sakura! You might scare her off," Adir says, and it's rather unclear if he's joking or not. That straight face he's been practicing doesn't help decide things either.
    [Armory]

"Don't worry. I'm polite enougth to understand why it would scare her. So you know where tshe is? Or do you need to catch her first."

If the last she will give him the location of the church.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    ((Reposting, as it was sort of missed before.))
    [Airship Gantry]

Well, um... airships! How awe inspiring! There's a large one, and a little one! And a UFO of course! And cars and bikes and stuff! Vroom vroom! Except these are electrical so they don't actually make vroom vroom sounds. There's noises and sounds of tinkering coming from the smaller, less psychedelic looking one.

[Planning Room]

Speak of pilots, and one appears. KR enters the Planning Room, looking slightly tired but no less alert and bright as she usually does.
    "Sorry I'm late. What's going on?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

[Airship Gantry]

Siemko approaches the noisy airships slowly. Wenomir told him to be very careful and not touch anything in this part of the base - he's straight-up forbidden from entering a lot of rooms - but he figures it's safe to take a look.

[Planning Room]

Wenomir was getting ready to leave and pick up his weapons when KR entered.
    "Oh, hey KR. We're organizing an expedition to the Hunting Grounds with some people working for that Vyrn guy. They say it might be a potential security risk."