New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Sunless Citadel (IC)

Emlyn continues to struggle with the dragon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[3]
    Damage:(Non-lethal)(1d3+1)[3]
    Awesome Shiny Butterfree avatar by Terry576.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Emlyn Grapple check to deal damage: (1d20+1)[3]
    Damage:(Non-lethal)(1d3+1)[3]

White dragon opposed: (1d20-5)[12]

Emlyn fails to harm the dragon.

Serra's turn. Note: Pin only last for one round.
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2012-10-22 at 07:17 PM.
    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook. Fighter Fix.
    Camel's Handbook

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

"I said if he stops fighting; we'll stop attacking. Fix, you're right--he's said nothing important"

Serra again relaxed her grip on the dragon and reiterated in a calmer voice, "Don'moar. Mydryba edrdrestgounrak. Zii'chch chidr anyon ky."

Action:
    Spoiler
    Show

Again, ready to pin if Don'Moar attempts to wriggle free or attacks.

Translation:
    Spoiler
    Show

"Don'moar. Stop attacking. We'll let you go."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Sojan had slammed his morningstar into the dragon's head. This time, bloodied, and weak, the dragon finally stopped struggling when Serra spoke to it in draconic.

Weakly the dragon spoke, "Chidr lii whuii."

Draconic
    Spoiler
    Show

Let me free

Both Serra and Emlyn still are restraining the dragon. But the dragon does not seem to be struggling.
    Camel's Handbook

5. - Top - End - #35

ClericGuy

Assuming there is time to speak:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Serra called out the dragon's words. Her tone indicated translation. "Let me free."

"Ygo. Eramyziihu e wizi xonimydrunyramy."

Translation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ok. Answer a few questions."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Sojan activates his healing aura for Meepo. He looks at the dragon with a mix of pity and frustration but keeps his morningstar ready to strike again if they need to knock the thing unconscious.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Fix takes a half-step away from the dragon, no longer taking any ineffectual swings at it. She tries to seem as nonthreatening as possible, though she listens to the verbal exchange as carefully as she can. She makes a note to herself that Draconic should definitely be added to her list of things to learn; not just due to their current situation, but also because of the commonplace use of Draconic in various magical linguistic architectures in spells.
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2012-10-27 at 07:55 PM.
    Red Hand of Doom in Eberron IC | OOC | Rolls

LGBTitP

Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

8. - Top - End - #38

Emlyn relaxes his hold on the dragon, letting it mostly get into a comfortable position, although he keeps his hands at the ready in case it should attempt to act violently.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

The dragon sits on the floor warily after being let go. His face looks bruised and one of his eyes is swollen shut. "Epoyondr ifiunch goypoychtymy kypochunramy?" he asks Serra, while eyeing Meepo's unconscious body.

Draconic to Common spoiler block.
    Spoiler
    Show

About evil kobolds and goblins?
    Camel's Handbook

10. - Top - End - #40

ClericGuy

"Goypoychtymy eraty Kypochunramy wyhu mydrehudrihumy." Serra turned away from the little creature to her party. "He called the kobolds evil and knows of the goblins--odd he didn't include them as evil." She paused a moment as she looked back at the tiny dragon. "The scar is pretty fresh; no wonder he saves his hate."

"Well, what questions do we have for him?"

Draconic translation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Kobolds and Goblins for starters."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Fix takes out one of the old, cracked scrolls that they had found shortly after defeating the roomful of skeletons. She looks it over, ensuring that it is the correct one, before look to Serra. "Can you tell him that I am going to heal him? This should help foster trust; in actions there is more power than there are in mere words."

She murmurs several arcane-sounding syllables, including a few that sound like mixed-up Draconic words, moving her hands as she does. There is a faint glow from the scroll, and the words and symbols on it fade away. She holds out her hand, a faint white glow on her fingers, and (assuming he doesn't try to bite her) she gently brushes the edge of the little dragon's wound. The glow spreads from her to him, and with a faint pulse of magic the injury is closed, the worst of it vanishing.

UMD: (1d20+15)[22]

Cure Light Wounds: (1d8+1)[3]
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2012-11-04 at 02:56 PM.

LGBTitP

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Sojan holsters his morningstar and crosses his arms. "Tell the little whelp why we're here. We're helping the kobolds because we need to find my kin and that paladin. Meepy (nickname, not a typo) here has been helpful but we don't owe the kobolds anything. If the dragon doesn't want us to drag him back to them, maybe it can help us instead? If it doesn't hate the goblins, maybe they know where the others went? This knee-high turf war is about as interesting to me as watching grass grow. Now I admit these goblins seem to be about as crazy as crazy can get, but if this dragon can help us get the job done faster, I'm fine with that." He pauses for a minute. "Maybe don't translate that last part to the Meep."
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

"Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Fix lets out a snort of laughter at the words "knee high turf war." How she can snort without lungs remains a mystery, but then, so does the fact that she considers herself gendered without sex organs.

LGBTitP

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Oren looks curiously at Fix, then shares a small smile with the warforged. She remains quiet but concerned, awaiting some explanation from the dragon.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Sojan realizes that his comment might be offensive to their new vertically-challenged acquaintance. He clears his throat and looks at Erky. "No offense meant good Sir."
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

The small white dragon watched curiously as everyone began talking and seemed to appreciate the healing touch provided by Fix. The white dragon speaks up with more courage looking Serra over without blinking, "Goypoychtymy ifiunch chungoi kypochunramy Dryhudronhui Don'Moar; mystehu westi. Kypochunramy unramyerai. Drhuan dry myesthuunwunsti tyhuekyra pochyyty." Don'Moar smiles proudly, "ypochunramy weunch"

Don'Moar tilts his head sideways, "Don'Moar niichbamy gounchch kypochunramy eraty goypoychtymy?"

Translation
    Spoiler
    Show

Kobolds evil like goblins. Kobolds torture Don'Moar; scar his face. Goblins insane; They try sacrifice dragon.

Goblins fail.

Don'Moar helps kill goblins and kobolds?

Meepo is still unconscious at this point although probably very close to waking up.
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2012-11-06 at 08:38 PM.
    Camel's Handbook

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

(Assuming the dragon is translated)

Fix frowns, looking to Meepo with concern. "I did not get a good feeling from the other kobolds, but Meepo is a good person. He has put himself in significant personal risk several times to aid us in battle, and despite his very slight stature and limited power he has proven himself both brave and noble. He will not come to harm while I am able to prevent it."

LGBTitP

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Sojan drops to a crouch to look the dragon square in the eyes. He holds up his hands to show he means no harm as he continues talking. Truth be told, he is fascinated by the little guy.

"If there's one thing my house believes, it is that warriors come in all shapes and sizes. I'd be more than happy to bring Meepo back with us and teach the little runt the common tongue. As to Don'Moar, I'd love a chance to get to know a dragon personally. He'd certainly be a useful ally. I agree about those other Kobolds. We could stash Meepo and wipe out the lot of them if you're up to it."

He smiles at Don'Moar and points to the sky, then the ground, then all around him, then at Don'Moar, then at himself. "Siberys. Khyber. Eberron. Don'Moar. Sojan." He holds out his hand and offers the dragon a shake, realizing the thing might not be able to.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Oren looks sceptically at the unconscious lump of lizard, then watches uncomfortably as Sojan pantomimes around the little dragon's face. "Yeah. He's somethin'.

Those goblins have gotta go. That kind of corruption could spread and be real dangerous. Once we're done with them and our other business, the kobolds should be fine if we, you know, just leave."
    Last edited by Gorgon_Heap; 2012-11-07 at 03:40 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by King Tius View Post
    Sojan realizes that his comment might be offensive to their new vertically-challenged acquaintance. He clears his throat and looks at Erky. "No offense meant good Sir."
    Sir Erky looks annoyed at the comment but he doesn't say anything; chooses to be the bigger man.
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2012-11-07 at 08:30 PM.
    Camel's Handbook

21. - Top - End - #51

ClericGuy

Serra too had to stifle a smile at Sojan's disdain for the pint sized war.

"Ok, I'll let him know." She continued after Don'moar spoke,"Undr myiilimy lian whuuniratymy ehui ziunchchunrak dry mystyonhu drnii kypochunramy whuyli drniunmy bachesti ziundrni anyon; niyziifiihu, zii ehui niihui wyhu e baonhubaymyi ydrniihu drniera... kiraystuntyi. Niunmy," she points to Sojan, "niyonmyi unmy Deneith eraty zii ehui chyygounrak wyhu drnihuii whuyli drniiunhu yhutyihu ziniy ziiradr liunmymyunrak niihui. Stera anyon niichba onmy ziundrni drniedr dremygo unra eraan lieraraihu?"

"Fix, like I pointed out earlier, Meepo was the dragon's keeper. That scar is probably from his care. I would not expect an easy reconciliation."

"Well, one this is he's eager!" Sera translates what Don'moar said.

And, then explain's Sojan's attempt to communicate, and admiration.

Translation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It seems my friends are willing to scour the goblins from this place with you; however, we are here for a purpose other than... genocide. His," she points to Sojan, "house is Deneith and we are looking for three from their order who went missing here. Can you help us with that task in any manner?"
    Last edited by Great Reverend; 2012-11-07 at 08:54 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Don'Moar responds quickly, chatting excitedly. He even snorts a cloud of frost as he speaks, "Ray raiity dry gounchch echch goypoychtymy. Raydr echch poety. Mystehu kunfiihu eraty niunmy ziunstgoity wechmyi tyhuekyra xoniira Yusdrayl yrachan yraimy ziniy tyimyihufii tyiedrni. Un ziunchch styziihu drnii huimydr yw drniili. Ewdrihu goypoychtymy tyiechdr ziundrni, Tyyra'Liyehu niichba anyon gounchch kypochunramy, wunraty whuuniratymy. Un..."

Suddenly Meepo stirs from unconsciousness; Sojan's healing aura finally healing it back from the brink of death. The dragon's eyes immediately dart to Meepo in shock; then anger. Hissing frost from his mouth he speaks in a voice that indicates extreme prejudice, "Mystehu Kunfiihu"

Meepo eyes open and look at the dragon in a confused manner, "ziniedr...?"

Probably going to have to go back into initiative at this point. The dragon doesn't look like he's going to give you guys any chance but to respond to his offensive.
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2012-11-07 at 09:12 PM.
    Camel's Handbook

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Are we going back to the previous initiative order, or can Fix make a hasty action?
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2012-11-07 at 09:54 PM.

LGBTitP

24. - Top - End - #54

ClericGuy

Off to the side of the dragon and the group, Serra began to translate while Don'moar spoke, "...No kill, oops, sorry!" She allowed the dragon more lead time for her to translate. "No need...to kill all kobolds. ...Not all ...bad." Serra paused about the second time Mystehu-Kunfiihu is heard. Her eyes widen as Meepo awakened.

She pivoted away from the dragon, "Get dow--"

In case you need it: Init: (1d20)[6]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

It's clear to all of you the following information:

The dragon has nothing but seething hatred towards Meepo. A possible explanation given what you've heard and learned is that the white dragon didn't particularly enjoy being held against his will. Serra also mentioned that Meepo may have given the dragon his scar. It's also clear that the dragon is going to attack Meepo.

Emlyn has a readied action that triggers. The rest of you act on your initiative count. No one is flat footed.

Turn Order:
    Emlyn
    Sojan: (1d20+1)[4]
    Fix: (1d20+3)[19]
    Serra: 6
    Oren: (1d20+2)[14]
    Meepo: (1d20+1)[6]
    White Dragon: (1d20+5)[13]
    Sir Erky: (1d20-2)[0]

Round 1:
    Emlyn (Nothing stops the white dragon from taking an AoO against you)
    Fix
    Oren
    White Dragon
    Serra
    Sojan
    Meepo
    Sir Erky

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Jopustopin; 2012-11-09 at 10:44 PM.
    Camel's Handbook

26. - Top - End - #56

As soon as Serra says to get away from the dragon, Emlyn reaches over, trying to stop it from attacking one of the others by grabbing it tightly.

Spoiler
    Show

And back to the grappling!
    (1d20+2)[8]
    (1d20+1)[4]

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

The dragon's initial movement seemed to be a feint and Emlyn's hands reached nothing but air. Emlyn you know you left yourself open for a counter-attack and noticed the dragon did not take it (much to your relief).

Still this flurry of movement postponed the dragon from breathing, giving other allies an opportunity to react.

Fix then Oren.
    Camel's Handbook

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Fix, as both a warforged and an artificer, has a strong propensity towards order. Her own person is kept perpetually neat and tidy, and she uses every moment she has to its utmost. She is, in essence, a naturally lawful individual.

Some situations, however, call for a little bit of chaos. And so it was without thought that she bent down, scooped up Meepo, and said, "I'm going to take him back to the forge room! Hold it off while I hide him!" She then proceeded to run as fast as she could away from the little monster.

I have no idea how to do this mechanically.
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2012-11-10 at 06:52 PM.

LGBTitP

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Picking Meepo up is a move action. Moving is a move action. Unfortunately Serra closed the door that would take you to the forge room. Opening the door is a move action. But you can pick him up and move adjacent to the door this round.
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2012-11-10 at 07:40 PM.
    Camel's Handbook

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

I guess the real question was if she needed to grapple him or not; that said, if I were in his shoes, I'd trust that Fix was trying to help me. I am, however, quite biased.

Fix picks up Meepo as a move action and carries him as far away as she can as another move action. If he tries to get free she does not resist.

LGBTitP