New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default TechnOkami's Art Gallery

Hey ladies and gents, my name's TechnOkami, and if you didn't know, I can draw! I recently got my paws on Photoshop and a Drawing Tablet, so I'm more than eager to get to making some art.

This is going to be a place where I post drawings, accept requests, talk about stuff, hang with Playgrounders, ect. Frankly, I want to improve my skills, so as well as posting art here and hearing back from you guys what'cha think, I also want to draw things, so feel free to ask if you want things drawn. I can more than use the practice.

Anywho, here are some starter images to get the ball rolling.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Forgot to mention: I have a deviantART.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: TechnOkami's Art Gallery

Oh, hello!

You take requests, eh?

I don't have much in the way of meaningful commentary or artistic advice, but I sure have requests! ^_^
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2012-10-12 at 10:15 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Oh, hello!

You take requests, eh?

I don't have much in the way of meaningful commentary or artistic advice, but I sure have requests! ^_^
    Well then, lay 'em on me. I'll see what I can do.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not crazy if I got a League of Legends vibe from all of them, right? Looking at your dA I can see now what they are, but after that first picture got me thinking about LoL all I could see was a jungle Alistar with the Dragon and some kind of ducky Baron and Yorick wearing TF's clothes.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorta kinda yeah.

The scorpion is a League of Legends champion named Skarner, and it was a doodle of what I thought Battlecast Skarner would look like. The one with the minotaur, the duck and the dragon is something some friends of mine asked me to draw (3 characters in their D&D game).

As for the dude with the shovel... yeah, I more or less took Yorick's visual image & transformed it to fit a character of mine ( I gave him a more Native American gravedigger feel).

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

So, right... for starters, do you want to try your hand at drawing Llassar, if you'd be so kind? ^_^;;

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Certainly. Just give me a visual description and I'll see what I can do.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Oh man I didn't know you put this up already. Well glad to have found this now.

So, um... Oh man wonder if I should request anything...

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

An image for Lonna.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

SwashbucklerGuy

That pic looks great Tech

If it's alright, do you think you might be able to draw my character Drallic please? I've got his physical description below in this spoiler.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Drallic stands at 8' 2'' with his horns adding another 6 inches. His height is considered above average for a minotaur. His fur shows a dirty brown color and shows signs of wear and tear. Numerous scars and ages-old injuries show on his body but a very noticeable one appears on the right side of his face. The cut runs very deep down the side and right through his irreparable eye; A black eyepatch is worn to cover it. His other, working eye has a green-tinted iris. For gear, Drallic prefers wearing his leggings that are added with iron scales for protection. In the case he wears a top, it will usually be a lightweight vest or short coat. The leggings are armored to keep it's damage minimal. He wears a coat or vest when traveling on land. When working at sea he prefers to keep a top off to keep it from getting wet.

If his personality might effect his pose/look, I have it below just in case.
    Spoiler
    Show
    By looks, Drallic can come off as a gruff and stubborn minotaur. He is, however, more disciplined and knowledgeable than the average thugs of his kind. Past his rough and hard exterior is a calm and focused person who hasn't forgotten about his past joys of the ocean. He knows how to survive in the world and persevere due to the severe dangers he has been in before.

While a mercenary in the past, Drallic's preference nowadays is working by the docks catching fish and selling them as a merchant of sorts. As of now his goals do not point toward anywhere, so he is more laid-back than he has been in a long time. His new lifestyle has helped him with being calm and not holding any grudges to most people.

Would it be possible that you could draw him please?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Sure. He's next in line after Tectonic's character.

12. - Top - End - #12

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Sure. He's next in line after Tectonic's character.
    Thanks. No hurry.

Also hi Tect! Fancy meeting you here

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Herro, Starsign! I didn't know you hung out here. ^^

Right, Llassar is a tall, gangly blond haired man. You've seen Kasanip's picture of him, I'm sure. I've imagined him as having almost scarecrow proportions, but seeing as he now has divine spark, nothing too extreme. Probably wearing some sort of large straw hat, as well. Besides that, just have fun with the drawing, please. ^^

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Herro, Starsign! I didn't know you hung out here. ^^

Right, Llassar is a tall, gangly blond haired man. You've seen Kasanip's picture of him, I'm sure. I've imagined him as having almost scarecrow proportions, but seeing as he now has divine spark, nothing too extreme. Probably wearing some sort of large straw hat, as well. Besides that, just have fun with the drawing, please. ^^
    Ooh... Artistic liberties... *cracks knuckles* This ought to be fun.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Pardon the double post, but I have an update.

Tectonic, your image is done. I just need to scan it in and upload it to DA and whatnot.
    P.S. I drew a surprise thing in it, guess what it is.

Starsign, your picture is next.

My apologies in general for not getting these pictures done earlier. I originally wanted to paint them on Photoshop, but I don't think my laptop is powerful enough to handle both PS and my Tablet at the same time. I haven't drawn them yet because of general hectic business with life (stupid life, go bother someone else for a change).
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2012-11-02 at 05:03 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

SwashbucklerGuy

Pardon the double post, but I have an update.

Tectonic, your image is done. I just need to scan it in and upload it to DA and whatnot.
    P.S. I drew a surprise thing in it, guess what it is.

Starsign, your picture is next.

My apologies in general for not getting these pictures done earlier. I originally wanted to paint them on Photoshop, but I don't think my laptop is powerful enough to handle both PS and my Tablet at the same time. I haven't drawn them yet because of general hectic business with life (stupid life, go bother someone else for a change).
    Well as I said, no hurry needed. Drawing can take some time, I should know.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Both pictures are done, I just need to upload them now.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2012-11-02 at 04:55 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

SwashbucklerGuy

Hooray! Can't wait

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Llassar [with surprise]
    Spoiler
    Show

The surprise is Jethro, because I felt he would look good within the picture, so you got a 2 for 1.

Drallic (note: he seems short because of his bipedal legs. It's not well represented, but the middle/back half of his legs are beneath his forelegs, which is why he looks shorter than he is.)
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

SwashbucklerGuy

Drallic looks great Tech, thanks! The fur must have been a bit of a pain to do though.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    Drallic looks great Tech, thanks! The fur must have been a bit of a pain to do though.
    Not really. Drawing in general isn't a pain. Why else would make a thread paying my art if I didn't enjoy the sole creation of art in the first place?

22. - Top - End - #22

SwashbucklerGuy

Not really. Drawing in general isn't a pain. Why else would make a thread paying my art if I didn't enjoy the sole creation of art in the first place?
    Just wondering, I try to draw fur and it just comes out awful. Then again I greatly struggle with anatomy in the first place.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, anatomy takes practice. It's really good when you get it, but difficult to actually get to (I mean hell, look at my drawings. I can guarantee that they're not anatomically correct).

There are two ways I do fur. One is more cartoonish where you draw the fur as an outline texture and leave the inside blank, or by drawing line by line a more realistic fur.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm curious. What's that little symbol in the bottom-left of the Llassar picture?
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Aah that. Story time!

Spoiler
    Show
    So, you know J.R.R. Tolkien, right? Well, he has this symbol which is a fusion of a J, two R's, and a T, because its his name. Well, I thought that was cool, so I did the same thing with mine. I use it as an artist's insignia.

Note: my real name is
    [REDACTED]
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2021-05-27 at 03:38 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Llassar [with surprise]
    Spoiler
    Show

The surprise is Jethro, because I felt he would look good within the picture, so you got a 2 for 1.

Drallic (note: he seems short because of his bipedal legs. It's not well represented, but the middle/back half of his legs are beneath his forelegs, which is why he looks shorter than he is.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah-ha! Awesome picture, Techno. ^^

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Dankeshene.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2012-11-29 at 04:51 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Hrm... would you take a non-humanoid drawing request?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Hrm... would you take a non-humanoid drawing request?
    Probably. What is it?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

A fox!

A small vixen in loose fitting robes, squinting at a book of spells.

Preferably drawn in this style, or like this. ^^