New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: TechnOkami's Art Gallery

Question: I've gotten back into the swing of churning out art, and I would like to know if people still want me to update this thread with links to my art or not. I will continue to update my deviantART and, as I've newly started recently, my Tumblr, but my question about updating this thread still stands.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Question: I've gotten back into the swing of churning out art, and I would like to know if people still want me to update this thread with links to my art or not. I will continue to update my deviantART and, as I've newly started recently, my Tumblr, but my question about updating this thread still stands.
    Well, I was going to say that I don't follow your deviantART or Tumblr and don't see your stuff unless it's here, but then I remembered that I had a deviantART account myself and it would be roughly three mouseclicks for me to just follow that.

That said, there's no real reason not to continue posting here unless you feel like three sites is too much to easily keep track of, since it's one more place for you to get free advertising.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    That said, there's no real reason not to continue posting here unless you feel like three sites is too much to easily keep track of, since it's one more place for you to get free advertising.
    Lazy me says: "It'll be a hassle."

Normal me says: "Meh, its not that strenuous."

I'll probably keep updating this. The trick is remembering to.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Belated Update

Master Study: De Chirico's "Nostalgia of the Infinite"

Personal work: Brand, The Burning Vengeance

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

It is to both an unfortunate and a wonderful thing to know that booze has no positive (in fact it has more negative as far as I've experienced) effect on my artistic skills. I will at the very least not be an artistic drunkard. Amusingly enough, my writing seems to flow more easily when somewhat intoxicated though, so there is that to keep in mind.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

It is to both an unfortunate and a wonderful thing to know that booze has no positive (in fact it has more negative as far as I've experienced) effect on my artistic skills. I will at the very least not be an artistic drunkard. Amusingly enough, my writing seems to flow more easily when somewhat intoxicated though, so there is that to keep in mind.
    Heh, I've never been able to be much of a drinker myself. If I ever get intoxicated (usually just from a single glass) then I'm usually not able to do anything creative, at least not to any sort of effectiveness.

Will be looking forward to more of your art here though!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    Heh, I've never been able to be much of a drinker myself. If I ever get intoxicated (usually just from a single glass) then I'm usually not able to do anything creative, at least not to any sort of effectiveness.

Will be looking forward to more of your art here though!
    Well, I'm a snail as far as everything goes (I'm just naturally slow, which isn't a horrible thing overall), so it'll of course take time for me to create things. So like, don't hold your breath and be too expectant of whatever I create, because it will always be at my own speed, which is like an Astronaut Sloth floating through space.

I might have stuff up sometime this week, but that really depends on if I'm able to photograph my drawings today or not.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

So I drew this a while back.

And just recently, as in minutes ago, I finished coloring it.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Dear Art Gallery Thread Diary & Audience
    SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
    fishfishfishfishfishToday I learned that the key to making art
    is to not think too hard on what you're going to make, and to instead
    just make it. I sort of knew of the concept, but it never really clicked
    in my head until recently, where attending a sort of weird mishmash
    of painting and dining with my mother lead me to realize just how poor
    a physical painting-painter I really am, but that a huge step forward
    was not in my lack of skill, but in my lack of proper attitude. You see,
    to put it into blunt terms, you do not give a sh!t nor two flying f@cks
    about how it looks initially or random little tidbits you'd want in the
    painting or anything like that. You. Just. Do.

That said, I have never really felt this confident with my art before
    knowing that all I have to do is not give a sh!t about how it looks and
    instead just paint away. I hope this sudden onslaught of optimism isn't
    completely unfounded in my head, and that I do in fact make things of
    quality, but hey, I can't care about the outcome, just gotta do. I unfortunately
    must retire to bed, but before I did I made a quick doodle of one of my ancient
    D&D characters of yore, and the doodle while doodley didn't turn out too terrible.

While at school and with a far better uploading internet than the one I
    have at home, I fully intend to upload it and anything else I happen to
    make tomorrow (or is that today? Wibbles wobbles time wime).

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqSincerely,
    qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqTechnOkami

P.S. Do not think. Do.
    whitetexttotrickthesystemhuehuehue
    Non-letter PS Because I'm Lazy: The moon is rather pretty tonight, nearing full or full of some kind, although not yellow and fat. I might be just sleep deprived and turning into an art-werewolf at night hence suddenly getting ravenous about the arting. I should do this more often.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2014-09-09 at 03:01 AM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

D&D Character's Head

So I've been realizing that I literally have no idea how to paint. Amusingly, I prefer drawing using traditional media, and much prefer the idea of painting digitally vs using traditional mediums, but more out of laziness than anything. I suppose when I say I literally don't know how to paint, I also don't know how to utilize color well (color theory and all that), and am perhaps too accustom to drawing solely in black and white/grey scale.

I think some previous classes involving painting have perhaps caused me to be a little jaded, but they were too advanced for me, and I was expected to produce paintings of a quality greater than I could produce. I was incredibly frustrated over it, but I enjoy entertaining the idea of painting with digital media, mostly because it is so easily spreadable across the internet and thus allows me to spread my art more efficiently and get more people to look at my art, even if it's just a glance.

I re-realized while making this piece that a big hurdle that I have yet to attempt is simply painting using just the brush, including all sense of variety with color and tones without using any of the modes, purely work with the layers and attempting to make it all look, well, good. At least good looking to the point where I'll be satisfied with what I've produced and not see all the flaws, just create. That would be nice.

Anyways, this individual piece is just to represent where exactly I am in terms of artistic skill. I drew everything initially in black and white, put color under the hair, then set the drawing layer to multiply, I overlaid an orange color across the hair so the blacks wouldn't be so pronounced, and then I did the same thing over the skin with various skin tones. Then I attempted to just paint normally, and that's where I've had my issues. I'm thinking I should just save myself the headache and paint solely in a grey scale-esque way, and the color everything using color balance, but I lose a lot of color subtlety and tonalities if I do that, and I feel that resorting to it would be a mistake on my part.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

Being a non-artist, or at least a current non-artist, myself I can't say very much that's constructive. I can, however, say that you should stick with it. In my limited experience, paint done right (especially watercolor or similar) looks absolutely amazing.
    Knitting my way through life, one purl of wisdom at a time.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Happy birthday Tech!
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Happy birthday Tech!
    I shouldn't be that surprised.
    How did you know??!!?!!?!!?!
    It is the internet after all.
    But srsly though, I'm confused as to how you know.
    Did you get it from my post in the birthday thread?
    I mean thanks, but how?

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I mean thanks, but how?
    My guess would have been the Deviantart profile you linked. Also happy birthday! (though I'm like half an hour late to the party)

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

I mean thanks, but how?
    From dA. I've been watching you for close to a year now.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

From dA. I've been watching you for close to a year now.
    Are you under the same name there as you are on GitP? Either way I totally don't remember you following me at all. :/

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Are you under the same name there as you are on GitP? Either way I totally don't remember you following me at all. :/
    A nickname from here, Cuthillius.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

A nickname from here, Cuthillius.
    Huh, ok.

In other news: I have money and I intend to do things with it, like buy a scanner and upload (possibly color too) a huge backload of physical drawings I've got.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

UPDATE HELL

Girl with Hair

Dancer

Ghost Lady

Fairy

NSFW Anatomy and Skulls

Skulls

Werewolf Anatomy

Sorta NSFWElemental

Oktoberfest Skeleton

Logan

Part two should be sometime tomorrow. If not then, sometime in the future. For now, bed.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2014-12-21 at 07:43 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Last edited by TechnOkami; 2014-12-22 at 01:04 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Jeez, talk about art dump.
    Did you have that build up as a backlog or did you suddenly get into a bout of art rage?
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Jeez, talk about art dump.
    Did you have that build up as a backlog or did you suddenly get into a bout of art rage?
    A bit of column A, a bit of column B, mostly column A spurred on by column B.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Merry krampus, one and all

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

For those interested, I'm streaming at the moment: http://www.twitch.tv/technokami

I'm just doing some stuff for my mom at the moment, but afterwards I might try a little painting.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Never Mind

I was planning on Streaming today, but my computer is giving me major grief today, and I’m not in the best mindset to be doing something about it right now, which is to say I’m feeling depressed. Sorry everybody.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2015-04-20 at 06:13 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

A new thing.

I'm gonna be honest, I have no idea where this painting (in terms of how it looks compared to the rest of the crap I usually create) came from.

I think what really sold me with it and what enabled me to have fun was the light texture brush I used for the whole painting. It was so nice feeling like I didn't need to worry about super smooth gradations of color, that I could have something this good come out of the messiness it was. I absolutely love just building up the painting from the ground up with a brush that lightly applies onto the canvass, almost like painting purely with the dry brush technique. It makes me feel like I have a far greater level of expressiveness I can achieve than previously able. I am very, very happy with how this turned out.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Another new thing.

This is Serkhan Argyris, an Original Character of mine whom I roleplay between myself and my girlfriend.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

More things.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Something I'm working on.

Fire Pillair