New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: TechnOkami's Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Something I'm working on.

Fire Pillair
    Promising start. Proceed with the inferno.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Update of Fire Pillar.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2015-08-31 at 10:23 PM.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Fire Pillar Finalization

I'm happy where it's at. There's likely things I could improve, but eh.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Contrary to popular belief I am not dead, and I am still churning art. If I had a bigger scanner I would scan all the crap I've been drawing in my Figure Drawing class. But alas, it's small.

Anywho! Here's something I can show off.

I carved this. By hand.
    It's
    a
    wolf
    head.

:D

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

It's been a while.

Here, have art.

Mo' Art

Sulh

Skarner

Bard

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Here be Goblins.

My vicious, adorable, insane, fuzzy, knife-wielding, mad, culinary inclined Goblins.

Also, I've carved another thing! I forgot to mention it, but I've carved an intriguing thing. Basically it will be the casting icon/amulet/focus for a character of mine I will play in a D&D 5th ed. campaign IRL.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2015-12-21 at 05:06 AM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

Welcome Back

So, it seems the old adage is true after all. You can't create and feel like you're creating something of worth unless you're at low points. I often wonder if perhaps depression is the path you should let yourself sink deep and long, submerged until so you're so blithering and miserable you can sustain yourself off of the art you create, to perpetuate your pain so others can look at the things you craft in your hollow misery. Its ironic though, isn't it, that no matter how badly you wish you could craft from a place of peace and happiness you cannot. You must fall into your loathing, your low and deep moods, all in order to craft something and not have it feel forced.

A pity, really.

Still though, you created something, and for what its worth it does feel good to make something like this again. Congratulations. Too bad its a fleeting thing though, since sorrow and pain is something you actively try to avoid with your depression pills and returning to slumber well after you've woken up for five more hours. Even your words become more eloquent when you're in this sorry state, creativity finally returning and opening its valves once more. You never could control it, but pain and misery always seemed to bring it back. It's so, so unhealthy for you yet art is the only thing you really like, aside from video games I suppose. Art gave you purpose and motivation, but you cannot have your art without the pain. Quite the toxic relationship, and predicament, isn't it?

Art is pain.

For you at least.

You have your truth before you. You can either continue to cower like a dog on the floor, or you can pick yourself up and prepare to endure wave after wave of pain, for only the finest things can bloom and blossom from the towering depths of hardship placed upon it. You return here because you feel so god-awful with all that emptiness within you to the point of recognizing that you need that pain, no matter how much you want to avoid it. The choice is yours. Will you truly embrace it, all that deep and fathomless pain to craft that which brings you joy, or will you leave yourself in necrosis and rot? The choice is yours.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

M'PICKLE...

Long story short: me not creating art for a long ass time due to depression & crippling lack of inspiration and motivation was finally inspired to do something for one of my friends who is a lovely lady that does and organizes burlesque shows in NY.

This is stupid, and I love it.

...also, reading that above comment that I posted while in a really low place in my life, and then I make something like this... I'm really happy I've moved away from that, and was able to make this.

Mental Health sucks yo, get yo self treated if you haven't been already. Be a part of the constant dialogue in the Personal Woes and Advice thread if you're not already, see somebody for something or open up to people, break this stigma, drip down to the depths of your soul of you have to but please drag yourself back out of it, no matter how you do so. You'll be all the stronger and better for it.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh hey, nice to see you back at it. Good on you for climbing up. :)

...the gentlemanly pickle helps, too.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

Surprise surprise, a new piece.

Bastion's Head

I'm slowly getting back into the swing of making art, but at my pace.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Pixie in the Playground

Ohh nice! Good to see youre getting back to your stuff :D