Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 132
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Sierim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    Rain pours down on Shoalbreak this dreary afternoon, the sheets blanketing the city in mud. Blacksmiths hammer away nearby, makeshift awnings protecting their handiwork. The boon to their craft is a mixed blessing, though, with eye-stinging smoke trapped beneath the overhanging cloth.

    A few guards trudge along the narrow street, muttering about recent events, trying to keep their minds off the cold. "The Consortium? Again? 'thought the Magewrights drove them out years ago." The other sneezes and shakes his head, "Nah, just made 'em quiet. And just when Durhild shows her face again." The first grumbles, "I hope 'captain doesn't..." By this point the two fade from earshot, their words lost between the hammering of water and iron.
    Simplicity is the grassy field which hides the pit, though in this case it causes 1d10 psychic damage, will save for half.


    Argius, Warlock of the Deep Night
    Tavien: Knowledge is Power IC OOC Wiki Combat Map Combat Log

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    Vardin Wildlore, Ranger & Cleric of Ioun
    Vardin sat in the Inn next to the partly open window, listening not only to the rain but also the passing conversations of the guards. He sipped on his mead, senses checking everything and every one that made a noise, passed by, made a move, or even sneezed. Being a follower of Ioun was a stressful business, but he knew it was a worthy cause and that he was the one that needed to come out into the world and make sure her message was given to everyone. Vardin say, thinking......waiting for his next assignment....and thinking of what his next personal mission would be.....and who or what it would be about.
    Awesome Half elf/half Demon Avenger by Dakaran



    LGBTAIitp
    Ally

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Great Dane's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    Erano saw the guards meander down the street from his barstool and overhearing bits and pieces of their conversation. What's that elf doing over there by himself? he wondered. Elf, why don't you pull up a chair? I've seen you around here and there. My blade won't bite you, he snickers a little, patting Nightslayer, strapped to his back. No strangers among Fey. Times are too crazy to be worrying about stuff like that. Pointing behind the bar, he mentions, I was just having a pleasant conversation with my friend Lauciian.

    Turning again to the barkeep, a rather pleasant-looking elf with a friendly face, he asks in a hushed tone, So what's all this about the Consortium? I've heard the Magewrights are good...too good sometimes. And if they wanted 'em gone, they'd be gone.

    And I've not heard the name Durhild before...
    he trails off in thought.

    Starting again, he says, You seem to be a fellow who...knows things. And those guards just piqued my interest.

    Erano then takes a mighty swig of his brew and waits.
    Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-10-12 at 11:25 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Sierim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    Lauciian swings a rag from his belt, cleaning water droplets falling from the ceiling. He leans against the bar and answers, "Oh, probably that old Mouqollad Consortium. They came in from Rockfall a few years back, offering magical services. Naturally, 'stepped on a few toes, what with profit margins and all. And what happens...happens." He hurries over to another customer, fills a drink, and wishes a leaving patron a pleasant day. The latter waves an off-handed thanks as he moves to brave the weather.

    Returning quickly to Erano--would that pattering on the bar ever stop?--Lauciian continues to clean with his rag and goes on. "But you can't kill a snake while the head's still intact, and word on the street is they're back. As for Durhild, she's the prettiest dwarf maiden you'll ever meet. Lovely lass, real charmer...and more trouble than a den of kobolds."
    Last edited by Sierim; 2012-10-12 at 12:00 PM.
    Simplicity is the grassy field which hides the pit, though in this case it causes 1d10 psychic damage, will save for half.


    Argius, Warlock of the Deep Night
    Tavien: Knowledge is Power IC OOC Wiki Combat Map Combat Log

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ridai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany (GMT +1)

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    The inn's door opens, making way for a slender hooded figure entering the establishment. Shutting the door in stride, steps are taken towards the bar with surety, a certain lightness within every motions. The stranger simply brushes the rain off the coat, opening it to welcome the warmer air of the inn. "Greetings to you, good sir. Lovely day, isn't it?" she says with her melodious, energetic voice, pulling her hood back and leaning against the bar. The owner of this peculiar voice is a young human woman, her short wild hair red as wine and with passionate fire burning within her green eyes. She seems like an adventurous lass who leapt right out of one of the many stories shared everywhere, an effortless grin gracing her undeniably beautiful, freckled features.

    "I'll have some of your finest ale, please." The Stranger continues, paying for her drink and, of course, tipping the gentleman giving her this fine beverage, saying "Thanks!" with a wink as she takes the mug and heads over to an empty table at another window. She draws a lot of stares from the men there (and one or two jealous ones), though she doesn't seem to mind. Passing an elf and a drow chatting by another window, the young woman nods and gives a smile in passing. "G'day to you, gents." she greets them cheerfully. When she reaches her lone seat, she puts the mug down onto the table and takes off her rain coat, the clothing underneath reinforcing the adventurer impression, made to be able to withstand the rigors of the business, but also looking colorful and tailor-made so it isn't in the way of her fluid motions.

    After drinking deeply from her mug, the stranger reaches into her bag and pulls out a lute. Listening to the rain with one ear, she soon begins to play and sing softly, soaking in the atmosphere and enhancing it with her melody, her talent creating pleasing sounds for those nearby without being obnoxious, occasionally letting her gaze wander, sometimes giving a smile here or a wink there.

    Spoiler
    Show
    As far as the song goes, something moody. Think maybe Riders on the Storm by The Doors, though maybe a little less "dark".

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Great Dane's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    Ha! What a pleasant story. Survival of the Fittest Guild strikes again. Erano stands up, leaning against the bar. He stretches his legs, grabs some silver coins from his pouch and flicks them on the table in a neat pile. Why not, I'll have another.

    After receiving his drink, he continues.So a pretty dwarf, you say? Can't say I've seen too many of those. So what's her affiliation...is she the veritable "head of the snake"?

    At the entrance of the human, Erano cannot help but draw his glance her way. Nodding her way, he turns back to Lauciian. Girl seems like a real firecracker. She's always spinning some yarn about fighting this dragon, or charming this prince...or princess. I've heard them both, can't quite figure her out.

    The music coming from the lute serves as a pleasant backdrop for the conversation.
    Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-10-12 at 01:12 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Sierim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    Lauciian chuckles after serving the newest patron and Erano their drinks. "Durhild? Nah, she's trouble, but more a snake charmer than a snake 'erself. 'just makes friends with all the wrong people, whether for her or them, you can't be sure."

    "But don't go mocking her without seeing." He nods to the redhead, "A lot like that one, I think. Fire in her eyes and a voice even the deaf would dance to. Worth all the trouble they bring, I say."
    Simplicity is the grassy field which hides the pit, though in this case it causes 1d10 psychic damage, will save for half.


    Argius, Warlock of the Deep Night
    Tavien: Knowledge is Power IC OOC Wiki Combat Map Combat Log

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    Vardin Wildlore, Ranger & Cleric of Ioun
    Vardin raised an eyebrow at the drow. Vardin thought there would be no harm in sitting next to him, so he took the seat to the side of the drow, but nearest the door, bringing his mead with him. He listened to the bartenders words, and though hard about this, Consortium. He then saw a strange woman walk through the doors, and very cheerful. He half smiled as she started to play, and it took him back to his village, when they would all get together on some nights, bard playing and everyone singing and dancing. But he let the memories fade away, and going back to watching his surroundings. Turning to the elves, "I have heard of this Consortium before, from a while ago, and since they have come here, they have come against the Magewrights, and the Magewrights came down on them swiftly, trying to drive them from town. It seems there is something more than just competition from the Consortium. Magewrights usually buy-out their competitors, not try and drive them away."

    He listens to the bartender some more and nods in agreement with his statement about the curious bard.
    Awesome Half elf/half Demon Avenger by Dakaran



    LGBTAIitp
    Ally

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Surrealistik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    Solaris Dawnbearer, Cleric & Templar Knight of Pelor

    Solaris sits positioned at a roughshod table near the entrance, his chair orientated carefully so as to avoid the gusting drafts from its constant parting, taking shelter behind a worn oaken divider. As he nurses a slowly dwindling pint, the cleric's interest is piqued by the guards' passing conversation, unable to help but do his devout best at eavesdropping, ears compelled by their tantalizing snippets.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check to listen: (1d20+14)[30]


    When the templar can at last discern no more, failing to find further amusement in ruminating, his head performs a lazy arc, causally looking over the rather mixed company. It isn't long before the bard's sudden arrival commands his attention as she makes a rather spirited entrance, bringing a welcome spark of life and excitement to the otherwise dreary tavern. Tipping his head in terse acknowledgement as she passes, the last of the ale sloshes bittersweetly in his cheeks whilst it is downed and savoured, swallowed only when the alcohol at last begins to sting.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Great Dane's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    Relieved that the elf reacted favorably to the invitation, he turned to him and said, I'm sorry, Vardin, is it? I must say, your reputation precedes you. I've heard of no finer ranger in the city. I must ask -- it's true that the Magewrights should have this area under their thumb when it comes to offering arcane services. I wonder why the Consortium have been so aggressive in their expansion into Tidesward? Perhaps one gropu or the other has found something...or learned something... letting his mind drift for a second.

    Erano turns back to Lauciian, keeping his voice low, audible to only the two elves near him. This Durhild...she intrigues me. For all the wrong reasons, and I'm sure she's nothing but trouble, he says pointedly as he flashes a brilliant white smile, contrasted brightly against the dark hues that make up his skin. I'd like to find this one and see what she's all about.

    Glancing again at Vardin, he asks, Any interest, friend? I could use another set of eyes.

    Regardless, I'd like to stop by my church before too long. Perhaps my fellow acolytes have heard something about this dwarven lady or either of these magic-guilds that would be of note.
    Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-10-12 at 09:47 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Sierim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    Lauciian, now cleaning a few mugs, nods sideways. "Word is you can find Durhild near the West Road, the inn by the market gate. Good choice for her, I say: not a tavern in the Brewery that wouldn't love her company, and West Road's right at the city's edge." Several more patrons enter the tavern, and Lauciian excuses himself serve them. After taking their orders, he moves to the back to open a fresh cask.

    The rain continues to fall heavily, the occasional gust of wind slapping the sheets against the tavern walls. A few more patrons make their way out, tipping their hats to the bard as they leave.

    Solanis Perception Check
    Spoiler
    Show
    The two guards continue speaking, and while you hear bits and pieces, their conversation quickly shifts to the mundanes of city life: a recent birth for one of the guards ('hear Faros' has a new daughter?'), low pay, and so forth.
    Simplicity is the grassy field which hides the pit, though in this case it causes 1d10 psychic damage, will save for half.


    Argius, Warlock of the Deep Night
    Tavien: Knowledge is Power IC OOC Wiki Combat Map Combat Log

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Paperscrap's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    As if trying to compete with the sounds of conversation and music alike, the troublesome rain that plagued Shoalbreak seemed to intensify. Droplets already falling as legions onto the saturated soil, the wind lent it's voice as it howled and fought through whatever hidden cracks the inn offered - the whipping wind being particularlly noticeable as it slipped around the heavyset door.

    Briefly, the whining stopped, the portal to the world outside having been opened and promptly shut as a new figure escaped the brewing storm. Looking ever much like a pitiable dog who had thrown into a bath, it was immediately apparent that the feathery cloak that she was clutching in one gloved hand had done little to ward against the elements. Water dripped and pooled upon the floor around her mud caked boots, unable to soak any further into the protective russet leathers that covered her form. This water and mud would unfortunately find itself being tracked across the inn - the sound of song helping the archer to immediately locate who she was looking for within the dismal gloom.

    Not wanting to interrupt Laine's song, she merely sat at the table across from her before beginning to loosen her waterlogged boots and fidget with the goggles that had been pinned to her forehead - her mood seemingly a little down regardless of the pleasing music her friend was producing.

    "It is no good. They have said it would be expensive to repair them." The shifter finally spoke when the song was over, her voice both heavily accented and dejected in tone. With the statement, she pointed to the small but bothersome crack that had formed within the shaded lens after the eyewear had been on the receiving end of an accidental misstep. With a small huff, she slipped them back around her neck before seemingly forgetting about the entire predicament - a sliver of a smile forming on the corners of her lips. "What about you? Were you able to find the dwarf you were searching for?"

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    Vardin Wildlore, Ranger & Cleric of Ioun
    Vardin, knowing that there were no current jobs immediately pending, shrugged in acceptance of the drow's proposal to go see this dwarf. Certainly wasn't anything else interesting going on at the moment. Vardin eyed every person that walked in the door, though his eyes were fixed on the two sitting across from each other at the table. He knew he had heard the word "dwarf" when the music stopped. He ordered another mead, and once it was in front of him he grabbed it up, as well as a towel from the bar, and took it over to the women sitting at the tables, motioning the drow to follow. He sat next to the shifter, set his mead down, and held the small bartowel out to her, a large smile on his face and a playful twinkle in his eye. He motions to a damp spot on her face, "You seem to be a little damp. I too have been overcome from the rain from time to time in the forests. Those thunderstorms sure do sneak up on you....." playful tones in his voice, he then continues, "You appear to be a ranger as well.....my name is Vardin. I believe I heard something about a dwarf......"
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-10-13 at 11:50 PM.
    Awesome Half elf/half Demon Avenger by Dakaran



    LGBTAIitp
    Ally

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ridai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany (GMT +1)

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    Laine's attention is firmly fixed on Anara once she enters, almost luring her to her table with siren song. "Maybe I can cut a deal for you a bit later," she says happily, putting the instrument back into the bag before pulling out another rain coat, wordlessly asking "You want?" No 'I told you so' line, everyone has their own preferences, after all, nothing bad about it. Also, she pushes her half-finished mug across the table as another little cheer-up.

    "Yeah, she's at the West Road. So," She begins, looking the tavern over once. "I was close." The young woman gives a quick laugh. Seeing the two guys from before head over to them, Laine gives Anara a quick amused look. Other people might be annoyed that the shifter drew in "unwanted" attention, but it's more like a cute quirk of Anara.

    The redhead grins towards the guys, making a little space for them to sit comfortably. Knowing that conversation, mostly in a foreign tongue, isn't the most comfortable thing for her friend, Laine takes over from there as Vardin speaks. "Yup, Durhild invited me to see her. Seemed like a fun lass! She was all out-of-sorts at the time, stammering a little and forgetting to tell me where to meet her before taking off with a big smile, it was adorable! Almost as adorable as my friend here." Laine says cheerfully, maybe a little teasing at the end, but eh, she means it anyway, no harm done. "You wanna come? Don't think she would mind a couple of nice lads tagging along." Strange, she talks as if she knew them, at least a little.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Paperscrap's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    "Oh, do not worry about it. I will get them fixed after we have been finding another job, perhaps. For now, the crack in the lenses will just have to be dealt with." The mug - appreciated as it was - was turned down by the archer. It was, afterall, the effects of inebriation that had led to the those goggles getting stepped on in the first place! The same couldn't be said about the rain coat, which she reached for with glee. "This is a most welcome gift, thank you Laine! I wish I would have accepted it earlier. If we go into the rain once more I will be sure to wear it, and sure to give it back as soon as we are in the places of dry." There was a momentary pause as Anara's brow furrowed slightly in an attempt to understand before continuing. "If you do not mind me doing the asking, what is the 'West Road'? Is that the name of another place of rest? I cannot be imagining that she would be outside and wandering on a road in this storm."

    Anara quieted down as she noticed the approaching Vardin (and the accompanying Erano should he seem fit to follow) - her eyes widening as he planted himself beside her. It was with much greater reluctance that her hand reached out to accept the hand towel from him, the shifter seeming to view the gift with more than a little bit of confusion and suspicion. "Ah, ahm... thank you very much. I am Anara. We were just..." The only time the hunter's eyes moved away from the elf adjacent to her was to glance pleadingly in Laine's direction - her friend seeming more than ready to take over the explanation process for her. In the meantime, the towel was promptly used to try and soak up as much of the water clinging to her hair as it possibly could.
    Last edited by Paperscrap; 2012-10-14 at 05:46 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    Vardin Wildlore, Ranger & Cleric of Ioun
    Vardin smiled as the shifter fumbled and tried to find what to say, looking to her friend to finish her thought. This redheaded bard seemed quite interesting, and intrigued him very much so. She talked very familiarly with him, and he was almost disturbed by it. "I think I will come with you, thank you." Then, after a pause, "Have we met before? There seems to be some familiarity between us, but I don't remember you. Though I am quite sure I wouldn't be able to forget."
    Awesome Half elf/half Demon Avenger by Dakaran



    LGBTAIitp
    Ally

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ridai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany (GMT +1)

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    "You know what they say about gifts: no giving back! Besides, you'll need it in these parts and I don't need a second one." Snatching back the refused mug, she smiles around the rim at Anara and takes another big gulp, sighing contently afterwards.

    The redhead chuckles at Vardin's question, not taking any offense whatsoever. Softly crossing her arms on the table and leaning forward, she begins to tell a little story. "A small caravan of traders heading down to Concourse on a forest road a week south from here, defying the whipping winds and driving rain, waylaid by hungry bandits and their wolves. A brave warrior valiantly defending the helpless people, felling one by one with the fury of a thousand beasts, striking terror into the blackened hearts of the criminals with every blow. A cloaked figure, a young lady fencer, aided this mighty warrior in battle, though he hardly needed the help. Peculiarly, once the battle was won, the insurmountable fury gave way to quiet serenity as he marched along with the caravan. The young lass called Mila tended to what little wounds he had sustained and lightened his stride with word and laughter and song, until they parted ways in a small town." Mila leaves a small pause at the end of her little story, letting the impressions unfold by themselves.

    "Does this help?" she asks coyly, inclining her head a little with a cute smile drawing little laugh lines on her freckled face, those eyes with their everburning fire looking into his.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Great Dane's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    As Erano and his elf friend stood from the bar and headed toward the door, the drow noticed the cleric sitting near the doorway. Nodding his head, he turned to see the elf had diverted his path back toward the wall, near where the redhead and the new visitor were resting. Rolling his eyes and shrugging a bit, he followed Vardin to them.

    After listening to the banter between the two girls, he heard this -- Mila's -- story about her supposed heroics. Such a tale would have been told from here to Riverdale, I suppose, he said with a noticeable amount of sarcasm, coupled with a grin. Since you girls seem to know about this dwarf too, why don't you accompany us to the West Road? I don't normally travel in packs, but I could use some heroes.
    Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-10-15 at 01:28 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    Vardin Wildlore, Ranger & Cleric of Ioun
    As a current of water breaking through a dam, the memories of that night come flooding back into Vardin's memory, causing his eyes to glaze over for a moment........
    Spoiler
    Show
    A day not unlike this one.....winds tearing at his eyes and face, rain pouring down as if the sky itself had given way to a heavenly flood and wouldn't stop.....Vardin was in a forest, and happened to be tracking some bandits that were causing trouble in the area. He had followed a caravan from a distance, not wanting the bandits to know he was there, careful to stay downwind of the wolves so as not to give his scent away. Of course, they would never be able to track him in his home....the forest. Finally it happened, and the bandits attacked, but it did not take long for Vardin to fly through the trees, axe flying from his belt and strikes coming so fast one might think he had two of them. Tearing through hide and flesh alike, Vardin slew the biggest threats first, and by the time we was done, none were left to battle, most had run away. Sustaining quite a few minor cuts, Vardin found himself woozy and faint, but was helped by the caravan, namely a beautiful red-haired fighter who he had seen battling beside him. She tended his wounds and they laughed and sang together on the way back to town, sure that none would bother the caravan all the way back to town. They parted ways, though Vardin was sad of it, for he, at the very least, owed this fiery warrior a debt.

    As soon as the memory played through and he came back to the present time, Vardin looked into the eyes of Mila and the biggest smile came across his face. He flew across the table, picking up Mila out of her chair, laughing and swinging her around the tavern. He ended at the bar and sat her down on it, calling over Lauciian, still smiling "Get her whatever she wants." Then he looks at her, "Never since I have been on the road away from home have I ever come across someone like you, Mila. I don't know how that memory escaped me and I cannot ask your forgiveness enough. I am in your debt for helping me that night. I surely would have perished if not for your fighting skills.........You did most of the work anyway," he ends with a wink, still laughing and in complete awe of how this day has unfolded.
    Awesome Half elf/half Demon Avenger by Dakaran



    LGBTAIitp
    Ally

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Great Dane's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    Erano sees the spectacle unfold before him. Surely this elf doesn't believe that tall tale, right?

    Such nonsense...muttered the drow as he motioned to the freshly-dried shifter. Care to join me? he says as he extends a hand to her and motions toward the cleric sitting in solitude. Regardless of her answer, he walked over to the armored warrior and grabbed a chair with him. Dodging the redhead's flying feet, he scoffs and says, Those two better pray those limbs don't connect with my head. So what's your story, cleric? I'm Erano, a swordsman of the Raven Queen. No threats intended -- if you weren't the subject of my dreams last night, you're safe come dawn.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ridai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany (GMT +1)

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    Caught off-guard, Mila lets herself get swept off her feet and twirled through the tavern, laughing wholeheartedly all the way to the bar, where she crosses her legs and braces herself on the polished wooden surface. As Vardin finishes, she puts on an exaggerated "Yeah right" expression with a fitting gesture. "Psh, offed one or two, tops. You need to listen more carefully!" she says insistently, punctuating every word with a jab of her finger, followed by a wide grin as she innocently adds, with a shy smile,"Still, if there is a mug of honey mead somewhere for me, I wouldn't say no to that."

    Seeing Erano being all negative about it, Mila's good mood can't help but respond to that to lighten things a little. "Aww, don't be like that, friend. Of course good ol' Vardin's gullible! The best lie is the truth; no one believes that!" The redhead laughs again, on such a high that, when she gets her mug ("Thanks, sweetie"), she first sips from it, savoring the taste, and then proceeds to down it in one go, proving to be able to hold her liqeur on the one hand and giving another show to the tavern, finally smashing the empty mug down on the bar. Smiling at Vardin, Mila bends down and gives him a peck on the cheek before hopping off the bar.

    "Ahhh, this is a great day." Undiluted joy, her lifeblood, ever so sweet. Poor Anara, getting drawn into all this, but she hopes the shifter can glean at least a little enjoyment out of this as she rejoins her friend.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Paperscrap's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    If ever there was a look in the world that so accurately portrayed confusion, Anara was certainly wearing it as the ranger's attention bounced between the two. Not one to break up a reunion (assuming that's what this even was) with inane questions, she continued to busy herself with the impossible task of desoggifying - making a mental note to bother her friend them as soon as the timing was more convenient. Those questions would be asked!

    Things became a little more awkward for the archer when Mila moved into full celebration mode, though this was something Anara had more experience with. Seeing Erano's offer as a means of occupying herself while the rogue caught up with her friend, the shifter nodded twice before rising to her feet. "I will be most happy too, thank you. Are you a friend with Vardin?"

    It was his second comment that set her snickering as she followed behind him - well used to fearing for the very same. "Do not worry about getting hit. She sometimes seems out of control, but she has been very good with not breaking the things or striking out on accident. At least with so little of alcohol.""

    Once making it over to the far table, the hunter paused for a bit as she watched Erano pull up a chair before doing the very same. Unlike the Drow, Anara seemed to have some hesitations about this - primarily because she wasn't sure if the man was all that receptive to company. "It is okay to bother you?"

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Surrealistik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    Solaris tips his head at Erano and Anara, warning acknowledging the drow and shifter alike with a warm smile as they approach, outstretched gauntlet panning to an adjacent seat in invitation.

    "Suit yourself friends. I certainly wouldn't mind the company; it's quite alright ma'am."

    Beyond this, the cleric's expression fast settles into a dour neutrality at the drow's question, betraying nothing, echoed with a shrug of clattering armour. He does manage to join Erano's humour with a mirthful chuckle however; if nothing else he is certainly not discourteous.

    "Nothing to be concerned with. Consider me something of a missionary. Sadly, the priesthood of the Sunfather doesn't often see fit to travel these days, preferring to tend inward to the distant matters of Sol; I've thought to be an exception in this dire time of Tidesward's need. You may call me Helios; a pleasure to have made your acquaintance."

    Solaris looks down to his emptied mug, lips breaking into the faintest lisp of a sigh before a set of hazel eyes turn to consider his new companionship. His build is heavy, muscled and broad; even beneath the encompassing bulk of his armour, that much can be discerned of the man, and whatever little peeks out from beneath its thick, well-wrought scale. It is clearly the well-maintained issue of a Pelor templar, resplendent and golden, glittering brightly even in the low torchlight. His face is flush with youth and vitality, framed by neck-long auburn hair joined to a thick beard and moustache. The missionary's features are evidently careworn, weighed down by some manner of indeterminable burden that belie his outward friendliness.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    Vardin Wildlore, Ranger & Cleric of Ioun
    Seeing the cleric out of ale, Vardin bring over another and sets it down in front of him. He then grabs a chair and sits next to the cleric, and gives the drow a slap on the back, "I am Vardin, and you are well met Helios. We were just off to see a dwarf, would you care to accompany us?" Vardin smiles widely, and for some reason, the smile almost looks as if it is unfamiliar with his face. Almost as if it only visits there from time to time, and does not live there. As smile, stranger to its own face.

    It is true, Vardin did not know this story until the redheaded girl said anything about it. There are some memories that Vardin forgets from time to time.....135 years is a long time to live with many experiences to remember. But this one being so soon and him forgetting was a very rare thing indeed. It was almost as if something made him forget it.....what it was he was not sure. But this girl, Mila, has an almost magical quality about her. Almost as if she were......an elf.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-10-16 at 11:48 AM.
    Awesome Half elf/half Demon Avenger by Dakaran



    LGBTAIitp
    Ally

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ridai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany (GMT +1)

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    "A quite fun and cute one at that," Mila adds to Vardin's offer, sitting down next to Anara and Helios. Greeting the latter with her usual cheerful smile, she extends a hand as well. "I'm Mila, pleased to meet you!" Her grip is strong, confident, her openness honest, that Helios can tell. Mila, in turn, sees that bit of worry, as if her happiness can sense it and seeks to do something about it. "I find Vardin's idea rather charming. Come with us, it'll be a fun evening, I can tell!"

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Surrealistik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    As with the others, 'Helios' proves welcoming to the new arrivals, a broad sweep of his hand extending the same cordial invitation. Beard and moustache part in an amiable smile that only broadens with the clatter of new beverage.

    "Well met Vardin, Mila, and many thanks for the ale. I must confess I've rather taken a liking to this establishment's draught; unlike other potent brews, its flavour is certainly not surpassed by its strength."

    He chuckles, head shaking in flippantly dismissal of his own words.

    "But I digress, come, let us speak of business. You seek a dwarf then? Forgive my asking, but what happens to be the motive? Is she a friend of yours?"

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ridai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany (GMT +1)

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    "Durhild giddily invited me to come see her and I want to do that as soon as possible. I think she enjoys company as much as I do, so bringing friends probably isn't a problem." Mila has to chuckle a little thinking back to that moment. Her curiosity has been sparked and it is starting to burn brightly.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Surrealistik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    Helios' head lists to the side as his eyes sweep about those gathered, silence greeting Mila's speech, a lapse appearing to furnish some manner of assessment of his new company.

    "I can't say that I've much else to do here; just biding time until the next job. Unfortunately, there is no shortage of work in these troubled parts."

    The templar frowns, prefacing a long, parsed swallow of his drink. When he has taken his fill, lips severed from the stein, the mul's countenance soon regains its former mirth.

    "I suppose a respite is in order; if your friend should be welcoming of this stranger I've certainly no protest to a diversion."

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Sierim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    The West Road appears oddly inviting this rainy day, with song and dance clearly audible from within. Indeed, the whole area seems unaware of the weather about it, with pleasant talk rather than the usual arguments in the market. Even the two guards whom you saw bemoaning the weather earlier can be seen here in good cheer, taking a break under the awning of a nearby guardhouse.

    The sound of a clarinet reaches your ears, seeming to swirl about you more than simply play from a distance. Those who go inside see a young dwarf woman sitting atop a barstool playing the clarinet, defining the pace by the bob of her instrument and tap of her foot. She at you smiles sweetly, even while continuing to play.

    Ten or so minutes later, the dwarf brings the song to a close. The patrons call for more, but she politely waves them off with a laugh. "In a bit, in a bit. Company's here, and besides, my clarinet needs cleaning." She hops from the stool, landing as if weightless, and hurries over to your group. "Mila! You made it! Who are your friends? More dashing rogues from the wrong side of town?"
    Simplicity is the grassy field which hides the pit, though in this case it causes 1d10 psychic damage, will save for half.


    Argius, Warlock of the Deep Night
    Tavien: Knowledge is Power IC OOC Wiki Combat Map Combat Log

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ridai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany (GMT +1)

    Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

    In good spirits, Mila seats herself in the West Road at an empty table big enough for all of them, placing Anara beside her and leaving an empty seat on her other side. The young woman immerses herself in the music and it's rhythm, her upper body subtly swaying and moving to it, her fiery eyes fixed on Durhild's, wordlessly communicating through their passion. Mila isn't disappointed in the slightest by what she sees and hears. This will be a fun evening.

    As Durhild hurries over, Mila proceeds to pull the pretty lass into a friendly hug, not minding the fact that they are pretty much strangers, before patting the empty seat next to her expectantly, putting an arm around her shoulder once she sits down as if they were old friends. "Oh, dashing they certainly are. Please meet my dear friend Anara, traveller from mystical faraway lands. And these three fine gentlemen are Vardin, Erano and Helios. You're quite the popular lass, Durhild, and I'm sure starting to see why. Though you might want to leave a breadcrumb trail next time if you're making me guess where to find you," Mila says, winking at the dwarven maiden teasingly. "You sure seemed fired up about inviting me."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •