New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Tavien (4e) IC: Knowledge is Power

As the tension in the hallway mounts, and the others take to discussing the various findings and clues before them, Helios eyes close, pressing a clenched armoured gauntlet against his heart. Some faint recitation follows, a hymn or invocation perhaps, whispered praise to Pelor scarcely heard in the few syllables tangible to those present. The quietude of his prayer is matched only by its brevity, quickly fading into the hall's ambience. Within a moment, the space before the paladin shimmers and brightens, prefacing points of golden light that spontaneously burst into existence. As quickly as they'd come, the shining motes coalesce into a strange blazing sphere that hovers and flits about almost excitedly.

"My companion."

Helios notes whilst the radiance darts to and from each of the others.

"It will cause us no harm; calm yourself Argus."

After a recalcitrant delay, the playful orb begins to settle, drawing back to rest several inches above its summoner.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

The redhead curiously follows the summoning and movement of the sphere. As it moves closer to Mila, she gently traces it's approximate surface with her fingers, not fearing the light, almost like petting an animal. "Nice to meet you, Argus." Seeing that there will be no attempt to light something on fire, she sneaks up to the door and puts her ear against it, trying to hear if there is anything or anyone on the other side, also looking through the keyhole if the door has one.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Erano joins Mila near the door, whispering in her ear, I'll take point on this one, shifting her behind him.

Facing the door, he checks it for locks and traps while listening for activity on the other side.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth to sneak up to the door: (1d20+16)[35]
    Perception: (1d20+16)[33]

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Mila practically flows behind him, her stance adjusted to fit Erano's. He can feel her closeness, communicating that she got his back without a word.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Inside the room you see two large trolls, casually dining on strips of meat. Unlike the hallway you're in, the mess hall is clearly filthy, with bits of food strewn across the room. Several broken chairs also litter the floor.
    It's complicated.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Mila applies the alchemist's acid to her weapons, her back against the wall next to the door and holding her dagger ready to throw. Nodding to Erano, she signals her readiness for a good, old-fashioned ambush.

Spoiler
    Show
    Apply alchemist's acid. Ready action to attack the southern-most troll with Deft Strike, moving to the square of the door as part of the attack.

Initiative (1d20+8)[12]

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Once everyone has moved into positions at the door, Helios follows, planting his standard near its threshold. Argus then surges forward to take point, careful about obscuring its shimmering profile behind the broad span of wood, its light faded to an ethereal dullness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+5)[16]

Ready action to charge Troll.

Attack vs AC: (1d20+17)[29] (+1 charge, +2 CA due to surprise round)
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10]

8. - Top - End - #68

Erano closes his eyes, puts his hand on the doorknob, and visualizes the upcoming deaths of the beasts inside.

Thrusting the door open, he employs deft footwork to dodge the chairs as he encounters them, sliding easily behind the large troll in the back, and unleashes Nightslayer, his massive jagged fullblade, right into the troll's back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative, if needed: (1d20+12)[19]
    Surprise round: Angelic Alacrity against the far troll. With the attack, I shift my speed (6) adjacent and make an attack, no oath though.

Attack: (1d20+16)[30] including +2 for CA
    Damage: (2d12+9)[4][10](23). If I roll a 12, add 4 damage to the total.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

It didn't take a verbal cue to convince Anara that they were soon about to be facing... well, something! Head lowering in a stance that mimicked animal aggression, the shifter would reach to her quiver for an arrow - careful that her footsteps into a vantage position within the hallway were as quiet as a falling feather.

Spoiler
    Show

Init: (1d20+8)[12]

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

As Erano and Helios charge in, Mila spins and ducks through the door, her profile low so Anara can just shoot above her at the large creatures as the redhead lets her dagger fly in a curve, aiming at the most vulnerable parts of the troll. Miraculously, the dagger, whether it has bitten into the flesh or not, curves back to Mila, who catches it as part of the same movement, assuming a battle ready stance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Surrealistik, please don't just block the squares I'm readying an action to move into.

Also, the whole commentary thing in the map isn't working out, I can't see half of them while still seeing the map and they don't help at all to see what is going on in there. Also, we need coordinates, badly.

Readied Deft Strike against the southern troll. CA due to First Strike. Initiative now 20 (reset before Erano's)?
    Shift 3 squares.
    (1d20+17)[22] vs. AC
    Hit: (1d4+9)[10] damage (1 acid) and (2d8)[4] sneak attack damage

... low rolls, yay...
    Last edited by Ridai; 2012-10-26 at 12:29 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Vardin Wildlore, Ranger & Cleric of Ioun
    Vardin, ready for battle, moves into postition after everyone has entered the room, still watching their backs. Not wanting them to get sneaked up on from behind, he keeps his senses directed behind him, while watching the large troll in front of him, trying to stay out of his reach.

Spoiler
    Show
    So Vardin can only do a move, an Initiative if need be (1d20+7)[13](20)
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

With a clatter of steel and scale, Helios draws his weapon and charges forth, running down the furthest of the trolls. His implement is an unusual form of mace, space beyond the handle a cylinder swollen outward from the middle, tipped with a golden sphere of spiked metal; blatant iconography of the Sun Pillar. While a solid impact, the towering beast stands undaunted and whole, affording the templar's blow only the barest of winces.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

The trolls let out a bellowing shout, apparently calling to a third in the larder. While none seem pleased your presence, only the one hit by Mila's dagger seems to notice its injuries.

Spoiler
    Show
    We'll begin round 1 as soon as Paperscrap moves.
    It's complicated.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

Collecting themselves, the trolls lash out with giantish force, as not one but two trolls come climbing out of the larder! The group attacks without concern for the damage they take!

Two assault Helios, angrily hammering the sun wielder, though he proves too quick for their final blow. Another stretches its large arms to strike Mila, apparently unwilling to get close to one wielding acid. The last turns his attention to Erano, hungrily eying the potential morsel. The drow dodges the blow, however, and troll for a moment appears dejected at his failure to catch his prey.

Spoiler
    Show

Troll 1 provokes an OA from Helios and Erano.
    Hit: (1d20+14)[28] vs AC, Helios
    Damage: (3d6+7)[20]

Troll 2 vs Helios
    Hit: (1d20+14)[32] vs AC
    Damage: (3d6+7)[19]

if Helios is bloodied by the attack:
    Hit: (1d20+14)[19] vs AC, MISS!
    Damage: (3d6+7)[15]

Troll 3 vs Mila
    Hit: (1d20+14)[34] vs AC
    Damage: (3d6+7)[21]

Troll 4 vs Erano
    Hit: (1d20+14)[17] vs AC, MISS!
    Damage: (3d6+7)[19]
    Last edited by Sierim; 2012-10-26 at 08:30 PM.
    It's complicated.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Vardin sees the other two trolls run in, but he doesn't seem overly concerned. His lip snarls as he smells the stench the trolls' air blows in with them. When Vardin begins his attacks, he seems to change. The calm demeanor is substituted with a ferocious bloodlust that you wouldn't expect from a woodland elf. He points his torch at one of the trolls, seemingly marking for death, then his attacks seem to happen all at once. Vardin roars at the troll and throws his torch at it, to distract it if nothing else. He then flies towards it with his axe, but as he grows nearer to it, his axe seems to multiply, a duplicate of it flying into his other hand. Once he reaches the troll, he strikes at it with his original axe, hoping he can tear some of its awful flesh from it body.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Minor - Quarry on Troll 3
    Minor - Paired Weapon power, duplicating it into my off-hand
    Standard - Cut and Run on Troll 3 VS AC on both and I have CA due to Superior Reflexes
    First Attack - Throw torch (1d20+9)[18](27)
    Damage - (1d8+5)[3](8) fire dmg
    move - After 1st or 2nd attack, I can shift 5, will do to get next to T3
    Second Attack - (1d20+14)[15](29)
    Damage - (1d12+7)[4](11)
    Quarry Damage - (1d8)[1]

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Helios takes an opportunist swipe against the troll moving away, sunmace slamming hard against its knotted green flesh.

The trolls prove more than willing to retaliate however, wracking him with a storm of powerful blows that crash against his armour, prefacing gouts of blood whilst the priest shudders under the fury of their strikes.

Repositioning to focus his efforts on the injured beast, the templar knight summons his archon into a flank as he presses the assault. Muttering a terse prayer, his body is silhouetted in golden radiance, appearing suddenly invigorated; the warrior's posture becomes erect, and bleeding ceases with miraculous speed. Helios' appeal to Pelor is not without further effect as his weapon is made incandescent, a brightness that singes the eyes to behold. Swinging mightily at the beset troll, it explodes into the side of his target, releasing a wave of coruscating energy. The light gathers about Mila, flesh bathed in its gentle warmth and restored to full vitality as her injuries rapidly knit and heal.

Spoiler
    Show
    Opportunity Action:
    Attack: (1d20+14)[27] vs Troll 1 AC
    Damage: (1d6+4)[6] damage.

Turn 1:

Move: Shift 1 to I15. Move Spirit to I17 (Trolls 1,2 & 4 all grant CA due to being adjacent to the spirit).

Minor Action: Healing Word on Helios
    Effect: Helios can spend a healing surge, regains (2d6+3)[9] extra hit points, makes a saving throw, and gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls until the end of my next turn. Everyone within a close burst 5 of the Battle Standard of Healing regains 4 hit points.

Standard: Resurgent Sun
    Attack: (1d20+18)[33] vs Troll 1 AC (CA due to Spirit adjacency)
    Damage: (2d6+7)[17] radiant damage.
    Effect: Mila can spend a healing surge, regains 3 extra hit points, makes a saving throw, and gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls until the end of my next turn. Everyone within a close burst 5 of the Battle Standard of Healing regains 4 hit points (including Mila).

Opportunity Action: Spirit's Shield
    Trigger: A troll moves while adjacent to the spirit without shifting.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Working in tandem with Mila, the shifter stepped behind her rogue friend before timing her shots over the red head's shoulder. The first arrow whistled through the air as a frightening flaming streak, the arrowtip seeming to ignite in the air. It embedded itself into it's target with a satisfying 'thwack', before setting embers scattering about to burn the nearby trolls. Just as the force of her first shot was setting the large creature backwards, Anara already had a second primed for his friend - this one fired more conservatively (and subsequently lacking in oomph) for fear of accidentally hitting an ally.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor action to Quarry

Move to shift

Using Thundertusk Boar Strike on Troll #4. Augmenting the first attack with a fire arrow - if it misses, augmenting the second one with one as well! Assuming the first shot hits, the second shot will target Troll #1. Otherwise, both go on Troll #4.

(1d20+15)[29] for (1d12+10)[21] untyped and (1d6)[2] fire damage to Troll 4, 1, and 2. Pushing troll #4 up one square.

(1d20+15)[28] for (1d12+10)[12] untyped to troll 1 (and (1d6)[3] fire damage to Trolls 4, 1, and 2 if attack 1 misses.)

Last edited by Paperscrap; 2012-10-26 at 11:04 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

Satisfied with the advantageous position he found himself in with his back against the wall, Erano tried to ignore the fact that the enemies in front just called in more reinforcements. We will hew through them one at a time! he shouted to his allies.

Spoiler
    Show
    OA on Troll 1: (1d20+14)[15] for (1d12+6)[13] damage.

Move: Shift to H15
    Minor: Oath Troll 1
    Standard: Overwhelming Strike on Troll 1

(1d20+14)[33] or (1d20+14)[24] (the better of the two) for (1d12+9)[13] damage. On a hit, I shift 1 (and move the enemy into my spot, but I can't do that with the troll so he stays put. I'll shift into G15 but there's a chair there...acrobatics check to get there? See OOC if you want one. DM says none's needed. Nice!
    Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-10-27 at 12:19 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

The troll striking at her with inhuman speed, not even Mila's reflexes can help her as she is brutally smashed into the wall, knocking the wind out of her lungs. Helios' healing comes wiftly, mending all but some minor bruises, earning him a thankful, beautiful smile, regardless of the pain that had been wrecking her body moments ago. Pushing herself off the wall, Mila sprints past the two closest trolls and right towards the one her allies are attacking. To the side, one of the beasts swings wildly at the redhead, who slides beneath the claw on her knees, bending backwards, making it miss by a hair's breadth.

Her target hammers down with it's long arm, only to strike nothing but the air and ground, Mila having launched herself into the air with the grace of a dancer and surely landing on it's arm, using it to vault over the big troll's head, twisting in the air to slash at it's neck as she soars past it. Hitting an artery, the attack draws forth a lot of blood, accompanied by the sound and smell of sizzling acid biting into troll flesh. Light like a feather, Mila lands on the table behind the creature, fluidly reversing her forward motion and pushing her entire body weight backwards as she stretches to thrust into the troll's body, missing the center of it's heart just by a little bit. With a flourish, Mila withdraws her blade, painting fleeting lines of troll blood into the air, her stance graceful and ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    The troll actually critted Mila, so she still is 4 HP short of her maximum after the healing, if the trolls don't deal extra critical damage. Seems like we are also fighting against supercharged trolls with more HP, more damage and more to-hit.

I grouped numbers with the troll pictures and added texts for the room names to clean up some of the comment barf on the map and actually be able to tell which troll is which without it being a hassle.

Move to I16

Standard Deft Strike against Troll 1 with Mila's rapier, moving to F16 before the attack with a +10 to AC against OAs, for a total of 32. Provokes OAs from
    Troll 1 (1d20+14)[33] (3d6+7)[15] edit: Swift Parry to add Cha to my AC, making the attack miss, and Mila gains CA against Troll 1 until her EoNT
    Troll 3 (1d20+14)[26] (3d6+7)[20]

Mila moves through the squares of Troll 1 with an acrobatic stunt (1d20+19)[28]

(1d20+18)[32] vs. Troll 1's AC (CA + bonus from Helios)
    Hit: (1d8+9)[17] damage, (2d8)[9] sneak attack damage

Minor Low Slash vs. Troll 1
    (1d20+18)[29] vs. Reflex
    Hit: (1d8+14)[15] damage due to flanking Troll 1 with Argus. If Deft Strike didn't hit, deals SA damage, too.

edit: wtf dice roller on that troll attack
    Last edited by Ridai; 2012-10-27 at 06:53 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

Your assault proves effective, and one of the trolls attempts to flee toward the back hallway, tossing a table aside in the process. Erano dodges the table and makes a riposte, but the troll escapes his blade. The flight, however, gives Helios a chance to strike from behind. His weapon strikes true, and the troll crumbles to the ground with a heavy "THUD."

The troll to the northeast appears occupied with the glowing ball of light before him. Whether annoyed by its presence or his inability to make a meal of it, he swats at it like a green fellow tormented by a talkative faery. Like any green fellow in such situations, of course, his attempts prove futile.

The two trolls near Vardin seem uneasy with the elf's use of fire, and grab nearby furniture to strike in place of their bare claws. Swinging chairs in his general direction, their attacks are less effective, but sufficient, shattering the wooden frames against him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Troll 1
    Table Trash
    Wall 3
    Attack: (1d20+10)[3](13) vs Reflex, Erano
    Hit: (1d6+4)[3](7) damage, and target is knocked prone.
    Miss: Slide the target to the nearest adjacent square outside the wall (H15).
    Effect: The table now functions as difficult terrain (DC16 to jump) and provides cover/concealment where applicable.

If Erano dodged, OA against Troll 1
    Attack: (1d20+16)[5](21)
    Damage: (1d12+9)[3](12)

OA by Helios against Troll 1
    Attack: (1d20+16)[20](36)
    Damage: (1d6+4)[2](6) CRITICAL HIT! 10

Troll 4
    Attack: (1d20+14)[1](15) vs AC Argus (Spirit Companion)
    Damage: (3d6+7)[6][4][4](21)

Troll 2
    Attack: (1d20+12)[13](25) vs AC, Vardin
    Damage: (2d6+7)[4][3](14)

Troll 3
    Attack: (1d20+12)[14](26) vs AC, Vardin
    Damage: (2d6+7)[4][5](16)
    Last edited by Sierim; 2012-10-27 at 04:58 PM.
    It's complicated.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

As the impromptu clubs shatter in a cascade of splinters and wooden fragments across Vardin's frame, Helios' symbol flares alight, a flow of divine energies salving many of the elf's abrasions and impacts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Immediate Reaction: Shield of Devotion
    Effect:
    Vardin regains 8 HP, and Helios gain a +2 power bonus to attack rolls vs Troll 3 until the end of his next turn.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

In an act of great reflexes, Vardin ducks under the chair of the first troll's attack. Unfortunately, the second troll's chair connects with his chest, shattering upon him, and knocking the wind out of him. Vardin, however, is not close to being down. A smirk raising on his lips after he feels the healing energies of his comrade, Vardin hacks at the troll with both of his axes, trying to tear more flesh from the awful creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Standard - Twin strike on Troll 3 vs AC
    (1d20+12)[9](21) dmg - (1d12+3)[1](4)
    (1d20+12)[7](19) dmg - (1d12+3)[2](5)
    Quarry Dmg - (1d8)[6]

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

As the troll trashes the table and gets assaulted by Erano and felled by Helios, Mila has jumped off the table in time. Soaring through the air, she stabs with her rapier, but the distance is just a little to great for her to hit the troll. In the fraction of a second where Mila is upside down in the air and the creature is falling, she sends her dagger flying out, curving through the air to strike the troll right in it's heart, the acid disrupting it's healing for good.

(see next post)

Spoiler
    Show
    Apparently Mila wasn't in her final spot on the map. Rolled Table Trash against her in OOC, which missed and moved her to G15. OA against troll missed as well.

Immediate Reaction Disciplined Counter triggered by Troll missing me.
    Dagger: (1d20+19)[29] vs. Reflex
    Hit: (1d4+4)[6] damage (1 acid)
    Last edited by Ridai; 2012-10-28 at 04:17 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Landing on her feet, Mila does not stop, using the wall to give herself a boost, followed by a light step onto the precarious edge of the turned table and a swift leap, catching her dagger again as it flies to her midair. Softly landing on the body of the fallen troll, accompanied by a wet noise, Mila delivers a nasty slash to the inside of the standing troll's thigh where the skin is less thick and less able to protect all those tendons. Making the troll cringe with pain, the redhead uses the opening to slash the creature across it's face, adding another artful line of troll blood to the scenery. As fast as she had come, Mila swiftly weaves aside and off the troll body, a flourish inviting Erano and Helios to join her now that she has made way for them. "All your's, gentlemen."

Spoiler
    Show
    The jump DC is an auto-success for Mila due to her +15 athletics modifier.

Standard Deft Strike vs. Troll 4, moving to G17
    Rapier: (1d20+18)[24] vs. AC (CA and Helios' bonus)
    Hit: (1d8+9)[13] damage (1 of that acid) + 10 from Sneak Attack

If Deft Strike hits
    Minor Rain of Hammers Ki Focus Daily Item Power to attack Troll 4 with Sly Flourish
    Rapier: (1d20+18)[30] vs. AC
    Hit: (1d8+14)[20] damage (1 of that acid)

Move Shift to F17, gaining +1 AC/Reflex until Mila's EoNT (Boots of the Fencing Master)
    Last edited by Ridai; 2012-10-28 at 04:51 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85

Erano hoped to mimic how quickly the first troll was brought down with the troll across the room. Mila had done a great job holding it off for now, and the girl was about to be rewarded for her bravery.

For a moment he blinks away from reality, passing through the tables. Re-emerging on the other side of the narrow room, he slashed with a fury not seen yet against the bloodied troll!

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Oath Troll 4

Standard: Inexorable Pursuit against Troll 4. Before the attack, I gain phasing and can shift seven squares (will shift from H15 to F19 through the tables).
    (1d20+16)[19] and (1d20+16)[33] for (2d12+9)[27] damage. If one of those is maxed, add 4 more. Forgot to do rollv, no big deal, ignore it this turn.

Minor: Sohei Flurry , see OOC.

Sorry about the edits, all my rolls are legitimate but I had posted that I wanted to target troll 4 because he's the most wounded, but on the map I was looking at troll 3. All fixed up.

Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-10-28 at 01:11 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86

Immediate Interrupt before Anara attacks

As Anara nocks another arrow and lets it fly, Erano sees the whole scene play out in his mind before the arrow strikes true. He mystically guides the arrow to its intended destination.

Spoiler
    Show
    Divine Guidance: CBurst 10
    Trigger: An ally within 10 squares of you makes an attack roll against your oath of enmity target
    Target: The triggering ally
    Effect: The target makes a second attack roll and uses either result.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

With another troll on the brink of death, Helios diverts his attention to the next mammoth fey. Chanting litanies of Pelor's censure, his hand crackles with forboding orange sunfire as he rushes forward to confront the foe. Thrusting it against the third of their number, its body is wracked with debilitating pain, synapses stricken by the agony of a withering incineration. Argus traces his movements, glowering with scornful light, whilst his armour echos the Skyfather's manifest wrath, golden scale resonant with the templar's spoken damnations.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Move to K16. Move Spirit to K19 (Trolls 2 & 3 grant CA due to being adjacent to the spirit).

Standard: Tenebrous Blessing
    Attack: (1d20+14)[20] vs Troll 3 Will (CA due to Spirit adjacency, +2 due to Shield of Devotion)
    Damage: (1d8+6)[10] psychic damage.
    Effect: Troll 3 takes a -5 penalty to damage rolls until the end of Helios' next turn.

Minor Action: Screaming Armour on Troll 2
    Effect: The target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of Helios' next turn.

Immediate Action: Death Burst if Troll 4 dies.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

The beauty of being an archer was that sometimes you didn't really have to move much to do your job. This seemed to apply to Anara as the shifter prepared another arrow - drawing the pointed tip towards one of the hulking creatures currently threatening Vardin. With a whistle, it flew off - only for the troll to raise it's broken improvised weapon in just the precise moment to bat it away. Unfortunately for Troll #2, it seemed to retain it's momentum from the strike like some sort of bizarrely shaped baseball (prompting another post after this one)! The troll near Erano wouldn't be quite as lucky, however, as after cursing to herself a second arrow was launched in its direction - pegging it squarely in the chest before erupting in flames.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor Action: Setting Quarry to #3

Using Spikes of the Manticore with two fire arrows .

Attack against #3: (1d20+14)[17] for (2d12+10)[25] untyped damage, & (1d6)[6] quarry damage to #3, as well as (1d6)[5] fire damage to #3 and #2.

Attack against #4: Highest of (1d20+13)[29] or (1d20+13)[17] for (1d12+10)[13] untyped damage and (1d6)[4] fire damage.
    Last edited by Paperscrap; 2012-10-28 at 03:02 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

And pow! The troll near Vardin had proven to be an unlikely ally as it assisted Anara in batting an arrow into it's friend's hide.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Rebounding Greatbow against Troll #2.

Ranged basic attack: (1d20+14)[31] for [1d12+10] untyped damage. If it's treated as the same fire arrow, it also deals an additional [1d6] fire damage to Troll #2 and Troll #3.
    Last edited by Paperscrap; 2012-10-28 at 06:26 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

The moment the fourth troll falls, Pelor's wrath reaches a crescendo, dousing both survivors in a tide of phantom heat. Though without tangible origin, it burns as painfully as any remembered flame. By contrast, Helios and his allies find themselves invigorated, the seeming warmth more like that of a pleasant hearth than a scathing fire, bolstering their bodies and steadying their hands.

Spoiler
    Show
    Immediate Reaction: Death Surge
    Attack: (1d20+12)[31] vs Troll 3 Fort
    (1d20+12)[16] vs Troll 2
    Damage: (1d8+6)[14] psychic damage.
    Effect: Helios, Vardin and Amara gain 5 THP, and a +2 power bonus to attack rolls until the end of Helios' next turn.