New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: In the Land of the Fey

Pelak nods a little, sorting the information into his head, walking off.

He had places to be, Masters to resurrect.

Entering the Lily he lets the woman lead him to the room, seating himself

"I'm here due to a note. Apparently a lead into resurrecting someone... important to me is here. I'm Pelak, Pelak Kilosi."
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Richard enters the room, he's still mesmorized by the beautiful woman who is leading him in. After he sits down and watches her leave does he notice there are others in the room already. The first two introduce themselves. Richard sizes them up out of habbit. He eats as he listens. His table manners are a little lacking which draws some attention. "Oh.. Mph.. Mmm am Ricard Scheeelhndd" He says with a mouthful before swallowing what's in his mouth. Clearing his throat he repeat, loudly for all to hear,"I am Richard Sheildhand, champion gladiator from the arena's of Thunder Shell. Mmmm this food is good." he takes another bite, be for saying more seriously..."I come looking for power. My letter said to come here for it. If there is to be a tournament, I warn you all it is not my first by far."
    Avatars-Avatars designed by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33

Zombie

"A tournament? Please. I have slaughtered dozens of "Tournament champions". I'm interested in two things, neither of which a Tournament would give me."

Pelak looks faintly disgusted by the rude champion, his well-used weapon in full view of everyone in it's sheath. He looks gruff and intimidating, despite the slightly-fading laugh lines around his eyes.

Sorry everyone

4. - Top - End - #34

Seshra

Seshra is led into the room by the tart that met her at the door. Seeing three men in the room, one of which she was already aquainted with, making hasty introductions. Old Josep eh...something must be afoot. He's not jumping up to hug me eh? Prudence would dictate that act as though we don't know eachother...and I see he thinks the same.

She flips her golden tresses over her shoulder and tries to accentuate her curves as she takes her seat, but when nobody bothers to notice she quickly becomes angry. She spits out a venomous "Bitch" and flings a fingerful of rude gesture at the door after the woman who led her in leaves the room, presumably to fetch another guest. Oh look at me I'm SO gorgeous! I should slit her pretty little neck...

Seshra glowers around the table, noticing that her outburst probably didn't constitute good table manners...Not that Mr. Tournament seems to mind table manners at all...she notes, with an upturning of her nose.

Seshra then sits in a pouting silence, waiting for the meal to be served.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

5. - Top - End - #35

Zombie

"Why are you upset that a non-human attracts more attention than you?
    Maybe she can't help it, besides do you think Any of us would be good partners to attract? Well, I guess maybe Josep but I don't know enough of him to make a good guess."

Sorry everyone

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by Anecronwashere View Post
    "A tournament? Please. I have slaughtered dozens of "Tournament champions". I'm interested in two things, neither of which a Tournament would give me."
    Not unsettled by Palek,"I see no reason to openly challenge eachother but to let the tournament decide who is better. But I see to reason no fight you before I find out who sent me this letter and acheive the power promised to me."
    Last edited by PowerGamer; 2012-10-15 at 08:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37

Zombie

"I see plenty of reasons to fight you. Simply none that are worth jeopardizing my chances at attaining my goals."

Sorry everyone

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Anecronwashere View Post
    "I see plenty of reasons to fight you. Simply none that are worth jeopardizing my chances at attaining my goals."
    Mumbles something to quiet for anyone else to hear before taking another large bit of food and sitting down. -I'm not fond of this person. He may stand tall now but one day will fall to my shield. This Pathetic Palek is one I must keep an eye on
    Last edited by PowerGamer; 2012-10-15 at 09:26 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39

"Champions, warriors, please calm yourselves. I have no interest in seeing you fight each other, as I and several others would likely get destroyed just in the crossfire. We all have our reasons to be here-- it seems we were all summoned, and offered payments worth our while. I doubt our employer would have called for such great warriors just to have them fight each other and destroy the town in the process. I certainly don't want to lose my payment, and I doubt you would either."

As charmingly as possible, Josep gesticulates and casts a Silented Silent Image, and projects a hologram onto the table. Powerful warriors, each receiving letters from a silhouetted figure.

"We shouldn't be fighting each other. The only reason we'd all be contacted--"

Arrows from the warriors pass to the figure, then upwards towards another silhouetted figure, this time with a target over it

"Would be to fight an external enemy. Let is lay aside our grievances for now and at least hear our mystery benefactor out."

He smiles and the image projects a downpouring of coins.

"After all, that's how we'll get what we want."
    Round 4: Eat Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Well at least your houserule skill check fumbles have houseruled fumble confirmations.
    The COre COliseum is a tactics-based arena for both 3.5e and 4e D&D. We run fights each week - so join today!
    Quickstart Guide
    Character Sheet

10. - Top - End - #40

Zombie

OOC: Shield not sheild. Sorry, it's just been bothering me.

"So, what are you two here for? I told my reason, Champion over here said his reason..."

Sorry everyone

11. - Top - End - #41

"I have an enemy, Arrkupalack the Demon-Bear. He is powerful and fierce, but also subtle."

The image morphs into a dark bear with glowing eyes and hideous batlike wings.

"I have been hunting him for years, and only recently have got but the faintest hint of his trail. Every time I seem to come across him, he vanishes before I can catch him."

The bear dissipates into smoke. It coalesces into a letter, of text illegible.

"I received a letter promising me his location should I aid the sender, and summoning me here."
    Well at least your houserule skill check fumbles have houseruled fumble confirmations.
    The COre COliseum is a tactics-based arena for both 3.5e and 4e D&D. We run fights each week - so join today!
    Quickstart Guide
    Character Sheet

12. - Top - End - #42

Seshra

Seshra pointedly ignores Pelak's statement, and addresses those gathered, "We're all here because of the meddlings of one of the Courts. Don't expect anything to be as cut and dry as you seem to think it is.

She turns a glare on Pelak and Richard, "And you two slobbering primates are going to ruin my appetite, I swear! If experience has taught me anything, the meal will be the most enjoyable thing in any of our near futures, I'd prefer not to see it wasted.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

13. - Top - End - #43

Zombie

"Food is food. It is simply sustenance to fuel the slaughter of Bandits." Pelak spits the word like the foulest curse imaginable. "and the pursuit of resurrection magic. And as far as I'm concerned Champion here is 1 step away from being a bandit, the only thing stopping me is that he kills people who volunteer."

Sorry everyone

14. - Top - End - #44

"The lady has a point."

Josep's image turns into a question-mark before dissipating into shadowy figures around the table.

"That might take a bit more finesse than smashing bandits or gladiators would typically entail. Nevertheless, I doubt you weren't hired without reason. We may well have bandits, or gladiators to fight, or even intrigues to settle after this meal. But there's no point to not eating for now. We'll need our full strength. Or, at least, I will, and I doubt either of you wants to be caught below full strength while the other isn't."

The figures vanish, but Josep keeps the spell active for now.
    Quickstart Guide
    Character Sheet

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Sumaiel strides into the room, robes flowing behind her. She notices the assembled group. "Oh, my are you the ones that we are here to meet.?" She takes a moment to read the mood of the room, and studies the faces of those moments away from baring steel "Well, I guess not. You clearly aren't the type to send mysterious letters. Well, maybe you are- pointing at Seshra, "-or you" pointing at Josep. "Anyway, why am I here? I have things to do. Excite me."
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

16. - Top - End - #46

"I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as you, friend. We were all of us summoned via letter to this room. Our benefactor has prepared a meal for us, but otherwise hasn't appeared. I suspect he's waiting until everyone has arrived."

Josep nods his head in greeting.

"I am Josep of Darkroot. Here we have Pelak and Richard, but the others haven't made proper introductions yet.

Please, have a seat."
    Quickstart Guide
    Character Sheet

17. - Top - End - #47

Seshra

Seshra takes a moment to weigh the newcomer, No...no I'm much prettier than she is. She offers the woman a smile and flicks her finger against the nameplate at her seat, leaning back in her chair in what she hopes appears as a position of effortless comfort.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arriving, Baldred makes his way across the room lazily, barely making an effort to keep moving foward. Letting the shadows wrap around his form, he looks at the varied men and creatures gathered around the table. His eyes linger on Seshra and Rosalyn a little longer than the others. Once he reaches her, he leans against the wall next to Sumaiel and whispers in a not so quite voice, "An entire room of them and only two worth talking to".

OOC: I switch to Child of Shadow stance when I walk in and keep moving at the 10ft. minimum to activate concealment. Also, man did this grow fast today.
    Unseelie Knight avatar by Kymme, a thousand thanks to him.

19. - Top - End - #49

Zombie

"Talking is overrated Mister ? It is merely who we can fight with that decides a person's worth. In both meanings of that phrase."
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-10-15 at 11:03 PM.

Sorry everyone

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Baldred leans foward, off of his wall. "Oh, but what then decides the worth of something that you can't slay with your sword, or that can't pick up a shield to fight with, such as talking, or a song? The worth is in what you say, and who you say it to. One could know a thousand superfluous words and spout hundreds of proverbs, but if there's nothing behind them then whats the point? One could jabber on for the longest time, but just adding more time gives no extra worth or meaning to it. And how do you know that you yourself was not one of the two I mentioned before, and that perhaps what I thought I knew about you is only confirmed by how you spoke up first? Or maybe not, how can you know? All that you can know is that I know, and that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know something that you don't suspect or realize yourself. But perhaps that last sentence made you begin to see why words can be a waste, especially on those who you know that will do nothing with them, or don't know who else might know what they don't know about what they do know, and how those who know what he doesn't needs to know what he does, but he doesn't know that either. Besides, why waste words on someone who might be dead by the next day, by your hand or anothers. Or maybe I only like talking to certain people, people who can keep up with not only knowing what I know, but knowing what they know that I don't know, which I need to know and they do know, and know that they should share what they know that I need to know with me, in case I know something myself that they need to know, which I know but they don't know, and thus what we don't know can become what we do know, and then we all know. Those people usually tend not to be people of your type or sort at all. Understand?" Baldred finishes with a quick gasp for air, before settling back into his lean, a crooked smile on his face.
    Last edited by Illithilich; 2012-10-15 at 11:39 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Seshra

Seshra stares at Baldred, her eyes blink dully twice. In a flat voice she breaks the silence following his speech. "Holy ****, can we just eat?"

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not discouraging the conversation, but reading that I saw it happen in my head and had to put it in type
    Last edited by Medic!; 2012-10-15 at 11:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

Zombie

A twinkle appears in the young former guard's eyes.
    "Ah but you yourself make the assumption my comment was due to an offense taken due to seeming to be taken out of the two unspecified, which would in actuality prove my lack of self-worth in that I would immediately believe I was not one of the two worthy of talking.
    I was merely stating the fact that talking itself is not something that measures a person's worth, no matter their length of wind.
    Saying I know that you know that I know that you know does not in fact mean anything beyond the superflous and your entire speech was given simply to confuse and confound those that have limited mental capacity forgetting that strong body does not mean weak mind or in fact anything at all to do with the mind and making the assumption I would not know or care what you said, or indeed you did believe that I would think you would make that assumption and thus make a similar long-winded speech as a method of checking my mental fortitude in such things.
    I also specified a Person's worth so measuring a song' worth the same was one would measure a person is folly of the highest order for they are completely different forms and different checks to discover their worth. Would you measure a poem by it's word count the same way one would an Epic novel? Or perhaps use the tempo one recites their vocabulary in to decide whether they are well-learned or simply a miscreant. Neither are checks that can be applied so why would one think that being Human or indeed Alive in the more broader sense make any and all worths compatible and even if it is, why would that then stop converting into Human-Worth then back into a 3rd sense of worth normally incompatible with the original?"

Pelak finishes his own speech, not needing to gasp for air, having taken enough time to breath not to need it.

EDIT: 16 Int, 16 Wis. He is not a dumb brute
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-10-16 at 12:07 AM.

Sorry everyone

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

(ignore, moved downwards for pacing)
    Last edited by Illithilich; 2012-10-16 at 12:11 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54

Seshra

A furious scream tears itself from Seshra's throat and she flings her nameplate at the wall.

Re-composing herself, she sits primly in her seat, patting down her hair and straightening her clothes.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

The smile on Baldred's face grows a little wider after the Guard's response. "Well, it looks like we can call it three. I would continue this, but it seems we're boring the rest of this little group, so let us save this for latter time."
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Medic! its fine, I thought it was pretty funny actually.

26. - Top - End - #56

Zombie

Pelak politely ignores the woman's outburst, eating his meal
    "Indeed. So, why are you here? I'm here about resurrecting some people and Champion over there stuffing his face wants Power."

Sorry everyone

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh, the usual. A vague letter, describing a vague reward, in return for a vague service, or maybe a vague favor, from someone who is, suprisingly, a mystery. But even that is better than no letter, with no reward, and nothing to do for any somebody, which is what we were doing before."
    Last edited by Illithilich; 2012-10-16 at 12:16 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Zombie

"We? Either you came with someone or you have multiple personalities. Or a familiar, but I don't see an animal around here.
    Or you use the Royal plural, but since you haven't made a habit before now..."

Sorry everyone

29. - Top - End - #59

Josep consumes another bite of his food. It's really, really not bad.

"Well, if nobody else is showing up, perhaps our letter-sender is already here?"

He looks around the table.

"This is pretty good, by the way. At least, in the South we have nothing like this. It has been a long time since I've eaten so well."
    Quickstart Guide
    Character Sheet

30. - Top - End - #60

Seshra

When the food is served, Seshra enjoys the meal thoroghly, primly picking through bite after bite. "Mmmmm tasty indeed...I really hate being right all the time. If the food is this good, whatever the Court has in store for us must be truly tasteless."

A fleeting thought flits through her mind, It would be a grand joke to declare myself the note-writer....Her Majesty Seshra has summoned you all, you are behind on your taxes, you ****s, give me your coin pouches and flee my royal presence....scratch that, OUR royal presence! HA! She quickly dismisses the idea, but a pleasant grin spreads across her face none-the-less. A fine prank indeed....bow! bow you turds! HA!