New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: In the Land of the Fey

Glares at Palek while eating. Completely ignores the entrence of the other. At the woman's scream he turns slightly, looks at her She doesn't look half bad either be for going back to drilling holes into the back of Palek's head with his eyes
    Avatars-Avatars designed by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Halfway through his meal Pelak speaks
    "You know you prove your lack of expertise by first, not paying attention to anyone entering and second taking what I said personally. If you wish to play with the big boys instead of in your little sandbox Arena. You need to be more professional Champion."

OOC: Nothing against your character, just think that some inter-party rivalry is a good thing.
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

"We refers to myself, and my companion here, Baldred. I am Suamiel Alkrie, of House Solwas." Turning to Seshra "I assure you, if this is the doing of a true noble of the Unseelie Court, whatever it may be, it will not be tasteless. Unless this is a prank by House Faroha. A more wretched hive of ill-conceived ideas and crudity I have never laid eyes upon. However, I don't think this is their doing. We did receive letters after all.
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

The gorgeous woman walks up to the last empty chair and sits down. "So you all want to know why I brought you here. I am Elisia heir to the winter court my mother sent me to speak to you. She does not believe that you could handle her beauty. We wish to use you but first you must prove your worth. And then your favor will be earned."

She looks at each of you and when you make eye contact you feel excited and lustful. "My counterpart the heir of summer has a plan to steal some of my mothers power. My mother needs you to stop her without killing her. And you only have 2 weeks before the solstice. The day of the solstice the Seelie heir will take my mothers power and balance will never be had again. She will overthrow her own mother. We can not help you with more than information or it would destroy the balance."

After she finishes speaking she gingerly grabs a strawberry and eats it seductively.

New to pbp not new to DMing.

5. - Top - End - #65

Zombie

"So we have to stop but not kill some Fairy princess from becoming a queen in two weeks by stealing your mums power and then her own mothers? What ritual ais she using and what are the necessary components?"

Sorry everyone

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Sumaiel's jaw drops, and remains gaping open for a split second until she regains her composure. She does down on one knee, bowing deeply. My lady, I am sorry I did not recognize you. I will of course assist in any way I can. She grabs Baldred by the back of his shirt, and pulls him down as well.
    Last edited by Space Lawyer; 2012-10-16 at 05:03 PM.

Discord Tag #4097

7. - Top - End - #67

Seshra

Another one of those Told-You-So moments that would taste a lot better if I hadn't been right... Her apetite suddenly gone, she lays down her fork and knife in their proper places.

Icily, she speaks. "Long time no see Elisia. I don't suppose you'd be so kind as to tell us where to begin so we could get you out of our hair and be on with it?"
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Without rising, Sumaiel turns her head and glares at Seshra. "Speak so disrespectfully to my lady again, and I'll skin you before turning your corpse into a puppet for the children to play with and experiment with any urges they have on."

Discord Tag #4097

9. - Top - End - #69

Josep frowns. "I'm generally unfamiliar with these things, though perhaps someone will be able to fill me in. First, though, how do I know you have that which you promised me? I'll gladly help you in this matter if I know you'll be able to lead me to Arrkupalack afterwards."
    Round 4: Eat Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Well at least your houserule skill check fumbles have houseruled fumble confirmations.
    The COre COliseum is a tactics-based arena for both 3.5e and 4e D&D. We run fights each week - so join today!
    Quickstart Guide
    Character Sheet

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

"The ritual is of course the changing of the seasons. With the solstice winters power fades and summers becomes stronger. Other than her tampering with it we can only guess what else she would need."

"Seshra may speak her mind, she will anyways, I feel that she works better that way. And Sumaiel, your devotion to my family is sweet but you still don't understand the way that we fey operate."

"And my dear Josep," With a wave of her hand a small town appears before you burning. It is your home, it zooms in on your old house and your family save your brother are all dead their entrails eaten from their bodies. "We do not wish this possible future from happening we will help you if you help us. My mother's old ally will take you all on the Hunt if you ally yourselves with us."

"And don't kneel before me it is disgraceful I am no God."

11. - Top - End - #71

Seshra

Hmph! Put that smoothed out wrinkle-bag in her place! Seshra suppresses a self-satisfied smirk. For a moment she contemplates "accidentially" dropping her hand onto her spoon handle and flinging a dose of soup all over Sumaiel...But who can blame her...if I were her I'd be jealous of me too.

Having dealt with each court a time or two, Seshra sits back and waits for Elisia to get to the point. She won't say her piece until she's good and ready...they never do and no prodding will force their hand.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

12. - Top - End - #72

Josep grunts. "Very well. I will aid you in your quest. Bear in mind that I am a foreigner in these lands, and this is all strange to me. I am unaware of your customs, rituals, or even how the power here shifts between winter and summer. You will have my loyalty, however, so long as you make good on your promise after I secure the throne for you."
    Well at least your houserule skill check fumbles have houseruled fumble confirmations.
    The COre COliseum is a tactics-based arena for both 3.5e and 4e D&D. We run fights each week - so join today!
    Quickstart Guide
    Character Sheet

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

After a long moment in silence and without evertoucing his meal, the bald armored knight-like finally raise his voice: "I also need proof you can help me get the gauntlets I'm looking for. My name is Jamal and I'm a unholy servant of Hextor and this is my bodyguard and friend", the cleric say pointing to Richard, "and you would do good not to threat my friend here if you're wise" he finishes looking at the guard's revenge then he look at seshra and with some dissapointed exporession in his face he keep on talking, "Is there manners from where you come from? You act like some spoiled child".

After speaking that he look to the note-giver, "Where is the Gauntlets of the Bloodlord? Tell me that and you'll have my word that both me and Richard will help you keeping the balance between winter and summer".
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

14. - Top - End - #74

Zombie

"You seem to be as mentally deficient as Champion if you expect to call her a spoiled child and not expect some retribution. I barely know Anything about Her and I know that.
    Besides, I doubt the princess would lie about this and not have some evidence, doctored or otherwise to allay your fears while proving nothing.
    Madame Elisia, what 'proof' would you offer me? Simply as a method of proving to the others that a Fey does not lie or tell truths without the Appearance of truth."
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-10-17 at 07:33 AM.

Sorry everyone

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm not calling the princess of Winter the spoiled child, but this one", points to Seshra, "throwing soup and stuff around and acting like a child make the pretty sight of you not that pretty at all".

The he turns again to the guard's revenge, "And even a child may recall some story about fey's lies or tricks. What I need is proof".
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

16. - Top - End - #76

Zombie

"I was talking about her? Did you think when I said Her I immediately meant the Princess?
    And yes I do know the stories of tricky Fey, but that means they must be adept liars, able to create wholecloth entire rumors and 'evidence' to convince us. Something as simple as asking for a quick demonstration is well within a liar's bag of tricks. Baldred summoned an image earlier, then Elisia did just the same yet one was a representation the other is obvious proof?"

Sorry everyone

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

"I never said her show of glamer was a proof. Illusions alone won't get me to her side. I want the information I seek".

18. - Top - End - #78

Spoiler
    Show
    I never threw any soup at anyone...90% of my posts have been inner monologue, all of Seshra's "Talking is like this" while These are inner thoughts

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh I see, my bad then. Misread it, ignore the coment over your character

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well, if what your letter promised is true, then I don't see any reason why not to help you mi'lady. Besides, it seems my other mi'lady wants to help you as well."
    Unseelie Knight avatar by Kymme, a thousand thanks to him.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I see that you all are an untrusting bunch. I understand that you have been wronged in the past but that does not change the fact that I brought you all here before me, my mother does not want this plot to work so I am offering you the information and some of you will even get the prizes you seek upon completing my mission. I will leave if you wish to stop her we have seen her agents working among the mountains to the south. Good luck if you choose to help and good luck if you choose to abandon my side in my time of need. Work together or you will all fail."

She stands and leaves the room before anyone can say anything else to her.

22. - Top - End - #82

Josep stands and shouts after her: "Wait, surely that can't be all you know! We need more information than that! Who are we looking for? What should we do when we find them? Who can we contact for resources and support? How do you expect us to help you?"
    Quickstart Guide
    Character Sheet

23. - Top - End - #83

Seshra

"I've served the Unseelie Court before...say one thing for them, they keep their promises when it comes to rewards. I for one, plan on getting a good night's rest, then setting out for the south tomorrow. If anyone else plans on going, I would expect to see you in the common room for breakfast."

Seshra rises to her feet, and leaves the room, much of her saunter and good mood diminished. Oh what trouble have you cooked up for me this time? True to her word, she goes straight to her bedchambers, locks the door, and tries to get some sleep.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Jamal is a little irritated with the princess just leaving the way she did but can't help but to trust in her, "We better rest them Richard. Even though things got a little rude around, I hope everyone around work together and make this job done. Anyone in the mood for talking before sleeping? It would be good to know what kind of people I've got in this team to better prepare my spells on tomorow", after a minute of silence Jamal keep talking to whoever long in the room, "I'll begin then: I'm a cleric of war and destruction that mix my faith, discipline and my martial trainning to smash the foes of my religion and I specialiize in spells of evil and law. Anyone wants to be next?"

Jamal himself won't stay much longer in the room, but he'll hear any decription and try to use it to better choose his spells for tomorrow and then leave to bed, praying for Hextor before sleeping. If noone speak he'll prepare the spells that he seems better fitting himself.

25. - Top - End - #85

Richard grumbles in response to Jamal and waits until Jamal is ready to leave
    Avatars-Avatars designed by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86

Zombie

"I'm a guard. I've trained with the guard since I was hold enough to hold a wooden sword and before I became a wanderer I was the best guard in the region bar 1, who is dead now."

Sorry everyone

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

"A guard then? Interesting... a man of law then? Do you worship some deity? If not would you care to talk about the teachings of Hextor? You might find that amazing", Jamal says never missing an oportunity to teach new Hextorites.

28. - Top - End - #88

Zombie

"I worship Helm. God of Guardians, Law and Protection. Your deity offers nothing to me I do not gain from venerating him."

OOC: Helm is Lawful Neutral so within 1 step alignment-wise of both LG (what he was) and LE (his current alignment). It seemed to fit

Sorry everyone

29. - Top - End - #89

Josep exits the Inn after the woman, and casts Extended Invisibility as he does so. He follows he for as long as he can, and if he reaches a point where he can follow her no longer, he instructs Portize to do so and learn all he can. Then he heads back to the inn, and awaits Portize' return.

While he's at the inn he gathers information about the Unseelie and Seelie Courts, the interchange of power between the two people, and about activities in the mountains to the south, where there might be inns in that area.

Once most everyone has gone to sleep, even the night owls, he spends 2 hours sleeping with Portize keeping watch, then wakes back up and spends the rest of the time before dawn wandering the town and learning about its inhabitants, the inn, and that strange woman.

Gather Information (1d20+7)[13]
    Quickstart Guide
    Character Sheet

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

"You think Hextor has nothing to offer you? Don't be foolish. There are spells I can cast that works better for believers and others that would only affect believers. Anyway, you do as you think it's better. I'm going to sleep", and then Jamal lose all interest in staying there talking and go to his room sleep.