New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: In the Land of the Fey

"Ah don't waste your food I will prepare a feast."

He waves his hands and a feast appears.

"So why do you travel through my lands? And why do you seek Bob the cloaked enchanter?"

New to pbp not new to DMing.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

"Impressive... Well, his abndits attack us while we were travelling, so some of us want revenge on that", say Jamal without a second thought.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

"His bandits? Oh you mean those guards who he threatens to kill their families if they don't work for him." The old man laughs at your ignorance. "I know of your battle and I know of your female companions struggles right now. What you did not realize is around me time flows differently your friend is now fleeing for her life from Bob himself. But there is no way you could help her. Let us see if she is worthy."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

"The brat is endangered? Where?", Jamal get up and look at Richard, "We should go help her", and then looking back at the hobo, "Can you tell me where she is? Even though we're not friends and I think she's childish, she's with me and I don't like people messing with my companions".

Daily Spells:
    Spoiler
    Show
    0: Cure Minor Wounds (4), Detect Magic (1), Light (1);
    1: Inflit Light Wounds (1), Blades of Blood (2), Faith Healing (2), Divine Favor (1), Shield of Faith (1);
    2: Espiritual Weapon (1), Inflict Moderate Wounds (1), Close Wounds (1), Divine Protection (1), Wave of Grief (1);
    3: Magic Circle aggaisnt Chaos (1), Cure Serious Wounds (1), Unholy Storm (1), Mass Conviction (1), Mass Resist Energy (1);
    4: Divine Power (1), Poison (1);
    Last edited by Chimaera; 2012-10-26 at 04:38 PM.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

"As I said there is no way for you to help her. She must get through this on her own, she knew what she was getting herself into but she continued on her own. So if she lives she is worthy if she dies she is not."

The old man starts to eat like a savage.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Sumaiel

In a hoarse whisper What? Why is he here? Oh, very well, let us see if we can make the best of this.

Turning to Erlking. "Ahaha, I apologize, Master Erlking, but I grow weary of this game. You have grown even more fearsome in appearance since we last saw you in Court. What was that, two seasons ago, I believe. Yes, we do seek Bob, and we are to help our dark and beloved queen."
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eyes widening, Josep says, "No... No! The conspirators shall not win!"

He turns and heads back the way he came, where he last saw Seshra, and draws on the power of his curse. He will not let another ally die, not if he can help it. His demonic powers reach into the divide between worlds to create what he needs in his time of need.

Turn 1: Shadow Conjuration: Phantom Steed, then mount the steed.
    Turn 2: Haste (on self, Portize, and the Steed). Shout at Portize to find Sendra, then spur the mount, and head where she was last seen.

Search madly-- follow tracks, or failing that, stay in contact with Portize and shout her name, galloping in the direction she was last seen.
    Round 4: Eat Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Well at least your houserule skill check fumbles have houseruled fumble confirmations.
    The COre COliseum is a tactics-based arena for both 3.5e and 4e D&D. We run fights each week - so join today!
    Quickstart Guide
    Character Sheet

8. - Top - End - #188
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Pelak is frozen at the Druid's words.
    "G-G-Guards. The people that attacked us weren't bandits they were simply Guards."
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

"She is safe. But her victory is not as whole as she wanted. But safe she is."

Medic you may post once again here.

10. - Top - End - #190

Josep wanders in the woods, shouting maniacally and spurring his horse.
    Well at least your houserule skill check fumbles have houseruled fumble confirmations.
    The COre COliseum is a tactics-based arena for both 3.5e and 4e D&D. We run fights each week - so join today!
    Quickstart Guide
    Character Sheet

11. - Top - End - #191

Seshra

(If I'm way off base or out of order here, lemme know and I'll change the post)

What in the Nine Hells... Seshra comes to a dead stop in the woods, seeing...Josep? On a horse? She shouts at him, waving her arms in the air.

Once she has his attention she bends over double, huffing and blowing, catching her breath from the run.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

12. - Top - End - #192

(same here)

Josep rides close offers Seshra a hand up onto the mount. "It would seem we have both bested the conspirators. Shall we head back to the others?"
    Quickstart Guide
    Character Sheet

13. - Top - End - #193

Seshra

Seshra stands up straight, blowing a stray lock of hair from her face. Good ol' Josep...sometimes I forget that he's prone to being mad as chicken in a river...good to see him now though!

"No rush. I want you to look at something first. I've never been any good with magic, but I've got a suit of armor I lifted off of Fat Bob's walls." She retrieves the armor from her pack and hands it up to Josep as she stretches her sore calves and finishes catching her breath.

EDIT: "There's a welcome face," she takes his hand and hops up into the saddle, "Seems we're already deep into Court politics. I'll explain when we get back to the others." She still has that prickling up her back, like she's waiting to take a blast of magic or a crossbow bolt to the kidney with nothing to be done about it.
    Last edited by Medic!; 2012-10-27 at 02:27 AM.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

The armor is +1 leather made out of some type of humanoid hide.

15. - Top - End - #195

Josep, Seshra, and Portize return to the main group, riding the Phantom Steed. Portize asks it to await them outside the cabin-- and in utter silence, it blinks its black, endlessly deep eyes as its dark main smokily whisps in the wind. Josep's mania is more in check now, surrounded by familiar figures, and Portize gently guides him, whispering Infernal in his ear.
    Quickstart Guide
    Character Sheet

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

After seconds of akward silence, Baldred finally says, "Nice horse."
    Unseelie Knight avatar by Kymme, a thousand thanks to him.

17. - Top - End - #197

Seshra

Seshra hops nimbly off the horse and walks inside. She drops her pack next to an empty seat and flops down. "No, no, please don't get up. I've only been gone for HOURS!" She plucks a fistfull of grapes from the table and pops them in her mouth one at a time. "I mean...it's not like...I was out...scouting...our...enemy..." she swallows the last grape, "or running from a bastard enchanter for my life or anything."

She looks at Pelak, "And boy did I gather some information..." her face twists into a wicked sneer. "Those "bandits" that attacked us? They're all guardman...and what's more, this Bob is holding their families lives hostage unless they do his bidding. All in a camp not far from here. Some sloppy guards on watch, a single barracks, and Fat Bob's fancy cabin itself."

Seshra reaches into her back-pack, pulling out the leather armor she took, and an armful of various papers, flopping them onto the table. "I managed to grab a few things to look over later...after Menrod and I gutted the son of a sow. Twice. Appearantly being the lover of the Lady of Summer carries some benefits when it comes to self-preservation for good ol' Bob. The remaining guards are busy hiding both of the fake bodies he left behind."

Seshra smiles, lays back in her chair, and gives every indication that she is expecting a vast array of applause, as though she'd just performed a double back-flip and caught a flaming dagger in her teeth as opposed to dumping crumpled papers and a greusome piece of armor on the dinner table in a stranger's home.

"Who's your friend?" she gestures towards the druid.

18. - Top - End - #198

Zombie

Pelak winces with every mention of the word guard, his face completely stony apart from it.
    "I...Appear to have made a mistake due to my overzealous attitude. Still, they were bad guards if they would lower themselves to banditry, hardly worthy of the armour. But still they wore it... I must think on this. Please tell me you did not slaughter any More of my brethren during your escapades?"

Sorry everyone

19. - Top - End - #199

Seshra

"On the contrary, they helped me a bit without even asking. They did ask after one of their number who attack us though. Appearantly Jim's wife is slated to be the next under Fat Bob's knife if he shouldn't return from ambushing us."

Let him chew on that and see how he likes it...ignore me? Hmph...

20. - Top - End - #200

Zombie

Pelak simply shrugs "Only a civilian." He mutters

Sorry everyone

21. - Top - End - #201

Josep grimaces. "There's no way you could have known at the time. You did what was, in your opinion, necessary-- you said so yourself. All of them we killed we did so because they attacked us, save the last one. At the time, yes, I wanted to question him before putting him to death... but the price for attacking me is death. And, whatever their origins were, they became bandits when they attacked us.

If you wish to be more prudent in the future, that is fine. But remember we were not talking to men flying the color of the guards, these were bandits that the all-knowing conspirators employed, by whatever means they had... because they can see everything... they can see your soul, like the stars in the sky, flying high above us. That's how they SEE. And when they do, that's where they come from... how do the fey know? The letter is a sign of fey magic, like the changing of the seasons the constellations move and the bandits come...
    "

Josep begins muttering incomprehensibly to himself again.
    Last edited by blazinghand; 2012-10-29 at 03:09 AM. Reason: coloration
    Quickstart Guide
    Character Sheet

22. - Top - End - #202

Zombie

"I'm fairly sure there was some sense in there... I shall take your advice however. You are right, their current occupation of banditry supersedes that of their guard training."
    Pelak sits straighter, mind easing from the knowledge.
    "Fat Bob must die however for manipulating fine upstanding Guards into the lowest form of criminal."

Sorry everyone

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

"We'll get to Fat Bob and capture him, then we'll judge him and punish him accordingly. So, I would like to ask you, Pelak, when wee get Fat Bob, kill him after the questions. I hope you won't want to make more mistakes next time", he stares at Pelak, "We have to get information of our enemies, not just kill everything on sight. Anyway...", he pauses for a while, "...I'm relieved that you're safe and sound, girl. But we should work more organized, like a team. That way we won't be facing more situations like this". he finnaly add to Seshra.

"I'm a cleric of Hextor and have a spell that would help we get communicate and have a status over the rest of the group <explain the spell that make the pact> and if anyone is willing to make the pact I can ask for the power to make the pact tomorrow. This way we could talk and keep everyone aware of whatever ambush someone fall in. Of course, it's your call to make it or not".

"So... What we gonna do now? What informations you brought us, girl?"

(OOC: can Jamal cast a Speak with Dead in the armor? If so, he'll memorize it tomorrow)

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

On the armor? I don't see why not. It would not remember anything since it has been dead.

25. - Top - End - #205

Seshra

"Would you believe I have no idea? When I was scouting his cabin, Bob was at his desk, very intent on something he was writing...so I just grabbed everything readily available from his desk before I" fled in fear "decided it was time to return here."

She plucks one of the documents from the table and hides her face behind it while she begins half-heartedly reading to herself.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

It is in no language you can read.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

"Hmmm... I think I'll ask Hextor to lend me his power to decypher this manuscript tomorrow... Can you read it?", Jamal gently asks to the old druid.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

The druid is still eating ferociously. "I can but I won't."

29. - Top - End - #209

Zombie

"Sure, sure, capture, interrogate, judge Then kill. He isn't a direct bandit so his slaughter can be withheld."

Sorry everyone

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

"Can any of the feys here read it? If not I'll prepare Tongues tomorrow and decypher it".