1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Suggest a PnP Role-Playing Game. Or Else.

I'm always looking for interesting RPG's despite the fact that everyone I know will shoot down anything I suggest that isn't DEE UND DEE or OMG SO EDGY WoD.

I've come across Legends of Wulin, which was awesome. I'm reading the IKRPG, also awesome. I have Heavy Gears, also pretty rad. The Riddle of Steel rocked all kinds of ways. I guess I'm just wondering what else is out there. Any suggestions?

Oh, before you post: I'm a huge snob when it comes to games. Classes are wrong and if you play a game that uses classes you are clearly having fun wrong. Cease immediately. Levels are also badwrong, and if you play a game that uses classes then clearly you don't like chocolate (which, by extension, makes you a dirty commie). Hit points are also wrong. What, do you hate Christmas or something?

Anyways yeah. All jokes aside, what games do you like?
    My FiM character, Chance Links: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...4#post10886314

Chance Links ponytar by Dirtytabs.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Suggest a PnP Role-Playing Game. Or Else.

I just realized that I put this in the wrong board and that I am clearly a moron. Being a moron, I have no idea how to move this thread. Help would be appreciated and would result in a hug via the Internet.
    My FiM character, Chance Links: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...4#post10886314

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've wanted to play Pendragon for years now. Sounds like it doesn't exactly fit in your game grouping though.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

If you like The Riddle of Steel, I'm guessing that you'll find Burning Wheel to be interesting. Get the Gold edition, it's the clearest, best-explained, and most bugfixed edition. (Instead of "edition = change", it's "edition = improvement".)

Wushu Open is a great game to really shake up your perspective on dice-rolling and success/failure, and whilst you're at it, look up John Wick's Houses of the Blooded or Blood & Honor (the latter is a samurai version of the former), which does craaaaaazy things with the RPG paradigm. HotB was envisioned as an "anti-D&D".

Don't Rest Your Head has a really cool abstract core engine and a wild setting. It's also eminently hackable. Anyhow, I figure that's a good start.
    Ludicrus Gaming | My Steam Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

5. - Top - End - #5

Well then, many thanks! Here, have an Internet hug, all of you.

Did you get it? Okay good.

Well then, I'll be a-Googling if anybody needs me.