1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Lereth; Stormport(IC thread)

Link to ooc
    Link to recruiting thread

Character Colors;
    Linteshar
    Zarabeth
    Rokku's character(undecided colour currently)
    Laine
    NPC colour/secondary NPC colour

IC(might as well start now, in order to give you guys more time to figure out what to do):
    Off near the border of the bazaar and the main city, about 40 feet away, you can see what looks like either a young girl, or perhaps a tall fairy, running about, asking nearby shopkeepers about something, while gesturing somewhat frantically towards an area that mostly consists of old abandoned houses and shops that have started to decay and fall apart, from what you can hear from here it’s something about thieves or muggers, involving someone she knows, though she’s to far away to figure out much more then that.
    Over near the docks, in front of a small, battered boat--which appears to have been patched together from driftwood, planks, and parts of aged ship wrecks--is an odd, scrawny old man, wearing a battered shirt, and sun-bleached trousers covered in small holes with a few patches made from various types of cloth. He has a long grey beard and mustache, and scraggily, tangled hair, as well as a crude eyepatch fashioned from strips of aged cloth. He’s sitting an a barrel near the odd little ship, telling what sounds like a tall tail about an island and ancient ruins, as well as tails of strange fauna, such as a man eating fruit tree and an odd purple predator that sounds like a combination of a tiger and a rat.
    Off near a rug merchant’s stall there also appears to be a scuffle breaking out between a visiting ogre and the merchant, a tall fairy dressed in purple and blue silk, with a chained man carrying a heavy pile of the rugs she's selling behind her. quickly approaching this scuffle is the guard in charge of security at the bazaar, a rather lanky goblin--named Lorenzo from what you’ve heard during your time in Stormport--he appears to have his hand on his sword’s hilt as he moves towards the ogre, and has two human guards following behind him, one with a mancatcher and the other carrying a pair of large shackles in one hand, and a tonfa in the other.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-10-13 at 01:52 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Lereth; Stormport(IC thread)

LINTESHAR & ZARABETH

Two women have been strolling through the bazaar for a little while, drawing lustful stares from almost every male in the place. They both stand about the same height, perhaps one an inch or two higher, and both are beautiful. One carries a pair of swords (the slightly taller one) and has brunette hair down to her shoulders and blue eyes. She dresses in fluttering silks that billow at times, giving enticing glances of skin; but if it werent for the swords, she would look more like a exotic dancer of some kind, her gait seems to have some of dancing flow to it. While she is stunning in her own right, her partner has to have some sort outsider origin, because she is supernaturally beautiful. Golden blonde hair flows to her shoulders, and her green eyes sparkle with all sorts of mischief. Her skin tight and barely legal clothes leave no doubt about the curves she possesses, and she walks with an alluring strut that few women can match.
    They watch the proceedings for a few minutes, conversing quietly with each other, and then seem to come to some sort of decision. They start to walk towards the tall fairy to see what her problem is.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

ZARABETH

Zarabeth walks side by side with Linteshar, even though they are in a city, her eyes are constantly watching the crowds for potential threats. Her hands rest very close to her short swords, ready at a moments notice to pull them in defense of herself and her friend.
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Fairie;
    As you near the fairie she walks up to you and says to Zerabeth in a somewhat miffed, but frantic tone;
    "maybe you can help me. My cousin's gotten ‘imself in a mess with a dangerous clan, they’re holding 'im in one of the buildings over there, and demanding a trade with my employers, but I haven't been able to get anyone to help me get 'im back, and I aint stupid enough ta try to take them on alone"
    "If you gals could help me retrieve him my associates can probably offer a reward. You look strong, and he has value ta us, and the clan that's holding 'im is asking a steep price, though I don't have much on me at the moment so we’d have to pay you at a later point"

Now that she's close you can see that she is indeed a fairie, and that she is dressed in thick clothes, with her wings wrapped around her somewhat like a cloak.

Over at the rug merchant's stall;
    Back at the rug merchant's shop you can hear sounds of clinking metal, out of the corner of your eye you can see the ogre being wrestled down by the guards and restrained while the merchant glares at him spitefully.

The old man by the odd boat;
    The old man has started a different tale now, this time about a one eyed ogre and a flock of metal vultures.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-10-14 at 02:41 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

LINTESHAR

Linteshar moves just enough to make the fairy notice her and realize that she needs to talk to her.

We might be interested in helping you, but we will need a bit more information. For instance, how many of them are there, what building are they in, and do you know how strong they are? Will we be able to approach the building without being seen?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

"Are you one of those folks from the outer planes?, I don't think I've ever met one of yer kind in person before, though I do know a few people in my business that have had dealings with you folks before" she says when she notices Linteshar,
    afterword she gets back on the subject regarding the people she's hired you to help with.
    "There's about five to seven of them, and they're hiding in one of the two buildings farthest away from the port along the avenue over there" she says as she points out the buildings, "They aren't much stronger then a gang of the city's guards, though their business does have a fair amount of power, however I'm pretty sure we have something valuable enough to them to prevent any acts of revenge against you gals. There aren't any windows on this side of the buildings, so you can get to them without being noticed, though the inside may have traps, since they've been expecting my associates to take action in this matter soon"
    Meow(Steam page)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Laine

A scruffy young man in rugged traveling clothes strolls lazily through the bazaar, reading advertisements and listening in on conversations. Eventually he can hear a girl's voice, plaintive in tone though she is too distant to make any words out. His interest piqued, he makes his way in that direction, and a bird-like creature appears to follow along from high above.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

LINTESHAR

What makes you think Im from an outer plane? Im just a simple woman, with simple needs.
    Her eyes flash at the words "we have something valuable enough to prevent acts of revenge"
    And just what might that be?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

((ooc: just realized you're probably shapeshifted into a wingless form, ignore the fairy's comment about you being from an outer plane then)

"A few weeks ago the son of their leader ended up ..visiting.. one of our businesses. Upon finding out who he was, my associates decided to persuade him to stay with us until matters with his clan can be resolved."
    Laine is also now close enough to hear the conversation, including that last bit.
    Meow(Steam page)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

ZARABETH

Zarabeth muses out loud. So you captured one of theirs, and they in turn captured one of yours. Have you considered making a straight trade? Not that we mind, we'll go get him and then you can keep your hostage. Just saying.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

"main problem there is that we had him captive. a few days ago he went missing and we haven't been able to locate 'im since, though as far as we know they don't know he's escaped yet."
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-10-16 at 04:44 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Laine

As he drew closer, Laine picked up the gist of their conversation: Someone needed retrieving, and anyone in the way would need to be dealt with. Perfect job for him; coin was becoming scarce again.

With an awkward throat-clearing and a poor mockery of a bow, he approaches and introduces himself with noticeably halting speech.

"Ah, good day, ladies." Turning to the faerie, he continues. "Pardon me Miss, but I couldn't help but overhear your problem. I have great experience solving such problems, and if small compensation is promised, my friend and I would gladly help solve it."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

LINTESHAR

Well, the idea of compensation hasnt even been discussed yet. But even before we go there, who are you and how do we know we can trust you?
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2012-10-16 at 06:23 PM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

ZARABETH

At one moment, Zarabeth's swords were in their sheaths, but in the twinkling of an eye, they are in her hands and out as this mysterious stranger attempts to insert himself into their conversation. They arent threatening....yet.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Laine

"The name's Laine Kyander. I guess you could say, I'm a freelance problem-solver." He ignores the drawing of weapons and continues. "And I'm thinking she has just as much reason to trust me as to trust the two of you — Unless you're already acquainted?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

"I don’t have any prior connections with them, they were just the first people to actually stop and listen, most of the others were too afraid of retribution from the Kamei"
    "and sure, I'd be willing to hire ya, you look like you might have some tracking skill, which could be useful in finding my cousin"
    Meow(Steam page)

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

LINTESHAR

Linteshar gently pushes Zarabeth's swords down with a smile at her, and then turns back to Laine.
    She can be bit aggresive when my safety is concerned, and you startled her a bit.
    So youre a freelance problem solver, is that how you describe it? Thats vague enough, I guess.
    Well, we havent heard exactly what she is offering, but we're willing to take the deal on some sort of speculation. And you?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Laine

With a shrug, Laine replies "Problem solver is the best way to describe it. I hunt bounty, rescue lost or stranded people, you name it. I don't risk my life for strangers for free, but nor I am a greedy man."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

"Sounds like you would be just what we need then"
    "If your all ready to go we should probably head over soon, since there's only about three quarters of an hour left before sundown, and the area they're holding 'im in is prone to darkling attacks at night"
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-10-17 at 11:02 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

LINTESHAR

Well, we are both ready to go looking at Laine if you are.
    looking back to the girl We would prefer if you could lead us to a spot where we could approach by stealth. I have spells that can make us invisible, but I prefer to save my power for other, more offensive, uses.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Laine

"Ready as ever. Lead on, miss."

Laine points up at the creature circling slowly overhead. "If you want, my friend and I can create one hell of a diversion."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

The fairie leads you to the building(using the side without windows), upon reaching a small door she opens it and motions for you to enter while saying “here we are, I'll let you guys head in first"
    Inside, through the door you can see a dark room lit by a single candle(now nearly drowned in melted wax) a table covered with cards, laid out for blackjack, and two empty door frames, one to the north and one to the east(as well as the one to the south which you are looking in through, which does possess a door)
    Meow(Steam page)

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Laine

Stepping back outside for a moment, Laine waves to his animal companion, calling it down to land.

"Stay here. Don't let anyone through that isn't us."

With that, he draws his bow, nocks an arrow, and moves silently into the building.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth: (1d20+20)[22]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

ZARABETH

Without a word, Zarabeth moves into a position in front of Laine, its obvious that she takes the lead in all missions. Her swords are already out, and she moves with stealth, as does Linteshar

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[24] Stealth, Zarabeth
    (1d20+21)[36] Stealth, Linteshar
    putting Linteshar's roll in my post for convenience

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Everything seems silent and calm, and nothing attacks you.
    Through the doorway to the east you can see some old shelves, and a few small crates with a candle atop them, sitting in it's own wax like the one in this room.
    The door to the north is slightly ajar and you can see a small amount of light in the room beyond, though it appears to be daylight rather then a candle.
    The door you entered in creeks slightly from the wind and slides to about three quarters open.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-10-20 at 05:25 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

LINTESHAR

Linteshar waits for Zarabeth to give the all clear sign to enter, and then she enters the room. She spares only a moments glance for the contents, and then moves to check on the two exits from the room. She briefly checks both of them for traps
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+24)[25] Perception
    (1d20+24)[27] Perception

and she finds any on either, she will attempt to deactivate them
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+17)[24] Disable
    (1d20+17)[21] Disable

If neither of them have traps, or she disables both of them, she will motion for Zarabeth to enter the room with a candle. If only one them is trapped, she will point for her to go that way.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

you are able to locate a single trap on the northern door, a walking stick with a bronze handhold, propped against the other side of the door, it was probably meant to fall over and hit the ground as an alert.
    It is easy to move it to the side though.

Northern Room;
    Behind the door, on the north end of the room you can see a decrepit chair with a hunched humanoid figure sitting on it. The figure is wearing strips of worn cloth as a robe and does not react to your presence. on the east side of the room you can see a rickety staircase leading up, with the small bit of daylight leaking in from a window with two partly broken shutters that is near the top of the stairs.

Eastern Room;
    In the eastern room there is a small doorway to the north, leading to a plain room with more small crates, is has a wooden hatch in it's center, and two pairs of shackles attached to the northern wall. There are also odd little bits of dusty, worn, wood scattered about the floor, they appear to be from a mannequin of some sort. Another candle lies on the floor near the hatch.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-10-21 at 12:52 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

LINTESHAR

Before the robed figure can react to her presence, Linteshar steps in the door way and casts Deep Slumber on the figure.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (DC:26+1(SF)+1(GSF)+1(Beguiler Surprise)+2(Veil)=31)
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2012-10-21 at 11:01 AM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

It continues to not react.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+24)[30]
    (1d20-1)[6]
    (1d20+21)[36]

Everything also seems perfectly silent.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-10-21 at 11:44 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

ZARABETH

Seeing Linteshar's spell not having the desired effect, Zarabeth, with both blades drawn, slowly enters the room. If there is the faintest twitch of reaction from the robed figure, she will cover the gap, slicing.