New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lereth; Stormport(IC thread)

your spell appears to work and the fairie sits down, legs folded under him.

In response to your question the fairie that hired you answers; "He aint the heir, just one of the thugs from the looks of it. And I suppose you could call it a 'seek an destroy', the boss ordered me ta get his heir back, and to teach their clan a lesson, but it seemed like a good idea to hire some cannon fodder"

"So, where's 'e at?" she says to the charmed fairie. She appears to have sheathed her blade now that you've charmed him.
    ((ooc: can an npc being charmed cause it to respond to orders from anyone or just the caster?, I just realized I'm not sure what the proper ruling for that is))
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

LINTESHAR

Linteshar puts a hand on the fairy who hired her.
    He wont listen to you. Only me. Let me handle this.
    Linteshar turns to the charmed fairy, moving close to him, and she is all smiles now, even sitting down beside him.
    Listen honey, we dont want any trouble, and we certainly dont want to hurt you. In fact, Ive got some fun ideas that Im sure you would enjoy, know what I mean? But before we get to that, we have to find the fairy you captured. That wasnt really very nice of you to do. So, you just tell us where he is, we'll go get him, and then you and I can find a nice motel room and
    #GoreMutualarejerks

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Laine

Laine rolls his eyes at the mage's interrogation, but nonetheless turns away before doing it. Whatever works, works.

He busied himself with checking the live, unconscious fairy still on the floor, nudging him with the toe of his boot.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Linteshar;
    "Yer standing on 'im. He vanished, leaving this dust when the golem came here" says the charmed fairie, while pointing at the dust on the floor.

Laine;
    The unconscious one seems fine physically, but he has a terrified expression on his face
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-10-29 at 06:02 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

LINTESHAR

If what he is saying is true, and it likely is, your cousin appears to have been disintigrated. That would explain the dust being left behind. I dont know if the golem was capable of that but it sure was powerful.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

"D****t all, tha boss aint gonna be pleased with 'is heir turned ta dust..."
    "Any of you want anything else from em before I finish the conscious one?, I'd rather he doesn't become a loose end 'ere and alert the guard or his clan. The out cold one might still know something useful, so I'll save 'im fer now"

"Wait, wait, your going to kill me!?" the charmed fairie says, somewhat panicked despite the spell.

"Business is business, we can't go 'aving customers thinkin' we're too merciful" she says as she draws her dagger once more.
    Meow(Steam page)

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Laine

Laine interjects "Actually, I was wondering if he could tell us where that runic monstrosity might have come from. Who knows when this one," he gestured at the unconscious fairy, "might wake up?"

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

"It came out of the floor, like some sort of specter, and attacked us, turning me against Ryu, knocking out Tomo and making Kiru’s heir vanish, I had only regained my sense when you entered, and the maddening whispers stopped, that's all I know, please, don't leave me here with the Haru clan 'collecter', I don't want to die, I was just following orders!"
    The fairie's threat against him appears to have weakened the spell.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-10-29 at 08:13 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

LINTESHAR

Linteshar stays the fairy's blade.
    Shes not going to hurt you, dont worry.
    Turning to the fairy, she switches to telepathic communication, addressing Laine and Zarabeth as well.
    What he is saying makes sense with some of the things we know the golem could do. The disintigration is a different matter. But killing him doesnt do us any good. Why not bring him back to your boss for further questioning to make sure what he said is true? That way, your boss wont say you didnt do the whole job.
    And if you think this is a good idea, let me spin the story to him. Im not about to tell him straight out thats whats going to happen. You see what happens to my spell when you start threatening.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

"I suppose you 'ave a point there, and the boss is prone to shootin' the messenger, so having this guy deliver the bad news could save my skin I suppose. Go ahead then"
    Meow(Steam page)

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

LINTESHAR

Tell your men to meet us at the Golden Griffon Inn, room 107. Now, leave, it will make him more trusting

Linteshar waits until the others leave the room.

You held up your end of the bargain, so Im more than willing to hold up mine. We're going to have so much fun, you'll have the time of your life, I promise. Ive got a room at the Golden Griffon Inn, lets go there and I'll show you things you could never imagine.

She stands up, doing a bit of a pose to let him see just how good she looks.

(1d20+29)[37] Bluff
    #GoreMutualarejerks

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

ZARABETH

Zarabeth, well acquainted with Linteshar's techniques, will leave the room. She shares the Inn room with Linteshar, so she will lead the rest of the group there, after they go to pick up the boss and any others needed, which will give Linteshar time to get him back there.
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Linteshar;
    As Laine, Zarabeth and the Fairie leave the room the male fairie seems to relax a little "So I get to live, thank the ancestors...I, I'll follow you then..." he stammers, obviously unused to talking to women, though he did fall for your bluff.

Laine and Zarabeth;
    "I'll go and alert a few other colleagues of mine, Eligor and Shao, they should be able to meet you at the Golden Griffon" says the female fairie, "I should be able to handle any darklings, and hopefully you'll be right about the boss's reaction"

edit: Everyone has also gained 10,200xp(165200xp total) from escaping the golem, and the encounter with the kidnapper.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-10-30 at 06:47 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

LINTESHAR

Linteshar, with a big, sexy, suggestive smile take him by the hand, and helps him stand up. She leads him out of the building and slowly back to the Golden Griffon, making sure that she will arrive before the other fairies, but not a whole lot. (aiming for about 15-20 minutes)
    When she does get him back to their rooms, she does begin a romantic encounter, making sure to get him naked and defenseless against anything that might happen. Just before the others arrive, one of her kisses will utilize her succubus powers, draining him of one level.
    And then bosses will arrive.
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2012-10-30 at 08:26 PM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Laine

"I'll go in ahead of you, case out the joint, and take up a good position to cover you."

Laine leaves separately, letting his Hippogriff resume circling overhead, and quickly but discreetly heads to the Golden Griffon by another route.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

At the golden griffon:

Laine and Zarabeth;
    once you reach the inn you encounter the fairie standing near the entrance, along with a tall, furry, hoofed man wearing a tailcoat, and possessing large curved ram horns--as well as a beast like face-- and a shorter, handsome man in a flamboyant black silk shirt and white trousers.
    “Ah, you must be the lackeys Kite hired, it’s a pleasure to meet you, My name’s Shao.” says the shorter, human looking man, adding a wink towards Zarabeth on the last word. “And I’m Eligor.” says the bestial man with a shallow bow. “Kite said you were able to catch one of the kidnappers, what happened to the other two? Did Kite finish them?, She tends to get a bit axe crazy sometimes”. "I'm not that bad" chimes in the female fairie--aparently named Kite--, a bit miffed

Linteshar;
    The male fairie acts a bit shy and flustered(this appears to be his first time doing this sort of thing), but you are able to drain a level from him.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-11-01 at 12:16 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

ZARABETH

They were attacked by some sort of weird golem, we had trouble with it as well. They were affected by a spell and ended up killing each other, although one survived in an unconscious state. And the one we captured, of course. From what they said, it appears your heir was disintigrated by the golem
    But we should head into our room...Linteshar's "attentions" can be rather strenuous.

Zarabeth leads the way to hers and Linteshars room and opens the door, on the somewhat surprised fairy, and the waiting Linteshar.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

"A bit of an unorthodox way of capturing someone, though I suppose it's effective. Lets get him some clothes before we take to the boss, I can't imagine he would enjoy it if we brought the hostage back nude" says the bestial looking Eligor, with the same emotionless expression he’s kept since you met him.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-11-02 at 03:27 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Laine

Though he bristled at "lackey", especially after being called cannon fodder earlier, Laine attempted to keep his composure, but soon opted to mutter "This whole day so far has been unorthodox, I'd say."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

(could we get an answer on the OOC question posed?)

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

LINTESHAR

Still quite naked, Linteshar smiles at Laine
    Unorthodox is what I do best. Its part of my charm
    She gestures noncholantly at the fairy's clothes, dropped in a heap near the bed.
    I suppose you'll probably want me to be in clothes as well when we meet the boss.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

"Your quite the beauty regardless of what's covered or not, but it might attract questions from wandering citizens or guards if you walked around without your modesty through the town" says Shao.

"Huh?, what's happening, who are you.....wait, I thought I was free..." says the male fairie, still a little dazed from having a level drained. "Hold still you little bugger, it's hard enough getting you without you trying to escape" says Eligor, as he's struggling to get the fairie's clothes on(both due to the fairie figuring out what's going on, and due to Eligor being 8 feet tall, compared to the 3 foot tall fairy)

ooc: sorry about the confusing colour scheme in the post where I introduced Shao and Eligor, I misclicked on the text colour button when selecting he colours(so one of the sentences is in a different shade of grey)
    Meow(Steam page)

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, you see, youre free as far as we're concerned....but these guys seem to have a different view and theyre stronger than we are. the last is said with a bit of a smirk from Zarabeth

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    "Your quite the beauty regardless of what's covered or not, but it might attract questions from wandering citizens or guards if you walked around without your modesty through the town" says Shao.
    Party pooper but Linteshar pulls on just enough clothes to make sure she doesnt get arrested. The only look she spares for the fairy to make sure he doesnt get away from Eligor
    #GoreMutualarejerks

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

"Follow me if you want to meet the boss" says the female fairie, as Eligor ties a rope from his wrist to the male fairie's, "if we're quick we should be able to reach the boss before the sun finishes setting all the way"

OOC: you can choose to follow them if you want, or go a different way for now, since I have more of the city written I could make the campaign a bit more sandboxy if you guys want.
    Meow(Steam page)

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

LINTESHAR

I'm all for meeting bosses and such, you can never know too many people
    she seems to direct a wink at Shao with the last
    lead on

OOC: Im all for sandboxy if you like, but we'll follow the fairys to see if we get paid for this...then maybe we'll go our own way if we dont like the pay or they dont have a better offer. We could always go back and see the crazy ship captain.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Laine

Nodding his assent, Laine follows the others. This business was getting weirder by the minute, and if he didn't get a decent pile of coin out of this job, he'd take his services elsewhere. Then again, he'd put up with stranger things before. Everything, he supposed, would depend on how the meeting with his employer's boss would go.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

The group leads you through several twists and turns, and you get the feeling they’re taking you the long way to their base.....after a few minutes you reach a normal looking door set into a wall. Shao pauses for a moment while he selects a key from a loop on his belt, using it to unlock the door. "The real door's over here by the way, wouldn't want you falling into the trap there" says Shao as he wanders a door over and opens it.
    "In here, the boss should be waiting" says Kite(ooc: the female fairie)

The group leads you down a few downward twisting hallways until you finally reach a large, well lit, circular room, with small cushions to sit on arranged to all face a small dias in the center, where an elderly male fairie(in very fancy robes) sits. At your approach he says "Ah...you have returned. These are the hirelings who managed to help catch my son's kidnapper?...The messenger has already told me a few details...thank you for having brought this villain to me...please take this gift as payment..." he tosses a small silk bag, containing 6000gp worth of small gems. "you have proven your usefulness...should I require aid in a situation like this again...I will likely seek you out once more..." with that he closes his eyes and appears to go back to meditating, or perhaps sleeping

Text colours;
    Shao
    Kite(female fairie)
    Head of the Yakuza Clan
    Meow(Steam page)

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

LINTESHAR

Linteshar divides, as best she can, the gems into 3 piles and then offers Laine first choice on which pile he takes. She and Zarabeth chose after him.

Well, if you do need us, you know where to find us, you can leave a message at my room.
    pointing at the captive fairy
    So whats going to happen to him?
    All the time she talks, she seems to keep her body in such a way that Shao can see her in profile.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

"we may finish him...then again...he could be useful alive, due to his encounter with the being....."
    "Should I find a way to retrieve my heir, I will likely seek out your group once more....."

((ooc: also the "..." or "....." are meant to represent him speaking slowly and groggily))
    NPC colours: Head of the Clan
    Meow(Steam page)