New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: AFMBE ideas

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default AFMBE ideas

So, Im running a new game of All Flesh Must Be Eaten, and I currently have my characters captured in a slaver camp. They are about to escape, but I need them to have somewhere to go. So, where would a good place to head my campaign? Zombie outbreak has been going for a few days, and eventually they will encounter Zombie Lords. I just need an idea of where to go until then.
    "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."

Marcus Fenix avatar by Me!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: AFMBE ideas

There's a number of things you could do depending on where they are and how populated the setting is with survivors. If they're in a more rural area, once escaping the slavers you could have them find a town of people who are working on zombie proofing theie area with fortifications and what not and they have to prove their worth and/or trustworthiness to the townies.

If they're in more of an urban setting you could have them scrounge from area to area, just trying to stay one step ahead of the zombies and slavers. Giving them the option to hole up somewhere and make forays for supplies, or just stay on the move and maybe even get some vehicles to use as a mobile base.

If you want/need any more ideas let me know!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Possible Suggestions:
    • If they have a radio: Other Survivors are broadcasting an SOS, or coordinates for a safe haven.
    • Mall or shopping center, bipass. They seem to need supplies. If its a week in, there might be some perishables still lying around, if the power is still up.
    • National guard or Military Zealots. Rounding up people and executing them, believing them to be zombies.
    • CDC Scientists looking to hire some zombie hunters to get a living specimen for study.
    • Looters. Speaks for themselves.
    Haggis is Sheep's stomach filled with its intestines.

My blog "Awkward GM"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Mindartis View Post
    So, Im running a new game of All Flesh Must Be Eaten, and I currently have my characters captured in a slaver camp. They are about to escape, but I need them to have somewhere to go. So, where would a good place to head my campaign? Zombie outbreak has been going for a few days, and eventually they will encounter Zombie Lords. I just need an idea of where to go until then.
    If they're escaping, rather than just killing their captors, one would think that they'd be in need of new equipment and supplies. Food, gas and guns comes to mind, so where would they go to find this and in what order?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

cool Re: AFMBE ideas

If I had more information about the campaign I could give more specific suggestions.

But typically, when I like to run a campaign and there is a major story branch I work it like this:

I create 3 possible places/main choices that can be made so it gives the players the ultimate choice of where to go/what to do, but I'll still be prepared.

Possible ideas for the scenario:

1. The characters hear indistinct chatter through the walls, maybe a vent or such. On a high enough perception, one can overhear them talking about said location of interest. Perhaps a compound of survivors preparing for the worst at a hardware store, using the readily available supplies to fortify a wall around the building. The slavers obviously wanting to go there to capture more people. Your people show up and warn them of impending danger, help them defend the mid-way built compound, and are rewarded for their actions.

2.While escaping your group runs across someone looking for insulin for their diabetic kid. They help them find some, then they take you back to where they are holding up at, which happens to be a somewhat isolated farm and maybe this is where they decide to try and create their "base" for the next few campaigns.

3. One of the slavers who was inducted into the ranks of the slavers through sheer force and intimidation has compassion for you guys. Perhaps someone with persuasion or seduction is able to have them assist you with the escape because they are privy to the guards posts and routes. Before leaving the place she slips a note containing coordinates to an emergency cache location (which the players may need assistance from someone else or equipment from an old salvation army store to figure out where.)