Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 42
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ThirdEmperor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    A fat, orange sun hangs low in the sky, painting the sky with pastel red and bathing the festivities below in rich amber hue. The rustic farming village of Densvale has been swept up in the spirit of the Spring Chase, the straw-thatched roofs strung with garlands, candles burning in every window to bolster the failing light. In the village square three great tables have been put out and burdened with as grand a feast as could be arranged; Poultry and game in savory mushroom gravy, thick stews of rabbit and the last of autumn's harvest, tarts, pies and pastries filled with berries from the nearby forest.

    Although this spread is to be left untouched until the hunters return and the chase done, there are no such restrictions upon the drink, and so mead and ale flow like water. Much of the village is already besotted and intoxicated, laughing, singing, dancing to the clumsy tune of what passes for a band in this backwater place. These celebrations will go on all through the night, pausing only to watch as the boar is released, on until the hunters return, the boar in tow, it's life taken and purpose served.

    That is how it is supposed to go. But sometimes things are not as they are meant to be. And although none know it yet, tonight is such a time. As happy and simple as this rite may seem it holds a deeper purpose too, beyond mere entertainment. A purpose that harkens back to an older time, when things were not so happy or simple. Not that anyone remembers that now. Not when there's singing and drinking and dancing going on all around, for villagers and the visiting hunters alike.
    The Cat Burglar by Ghar. Thanks!

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Lloyd wander about the village taking in the sights, his eyes filled with joy at the festival around him. even as he makes one final check of his blade making sure his equipment is to his strict standard. Lloyd drinks waiting for the signal to start the hunt glad i came, just wish the hunt would start

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    roughly 36 feet from you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    TE:can you open an OOC thread for this? It would be very comfortable.
    EDIT:Thanks! Also, changed Vrattarin's voice from thisto this from here on...

    "...A dwarven hunter? Ha ha ha! Well Maybe he'll find a hare or two, but the Boar is good as ours!"
    The confident shouting of Vrattarin can be heard from right outside the gathering, he stands with a smug face among his few friends.
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2012-10-15 at 11:10 AM.
    Prince Zahn - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

    AKA: Silvius Peak in Magestalt (OOC)


    I am on and watching these forums even when it appears I'm gone.
    I will protect you, laugh with you and lift you up from despair(and in style!),
    sure as the spirit of Vamber - the most flamboyant halfling who never was - lies within me.

    Many thanks to Ceika for my Vamber Avatar!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Scowling Dragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Alice stands quietly in the crowd. face disguised as a mask. Shes disguised as a man, and if anybody comes up to talk to her she just grunts that she is here for the celebration.

    In reality she is tracking a man that seems to be hiding somewhere in the town.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    An aged elf is seated outside the inn. Impressive enough feast for a small village, but I wonder if it has any significance, he muses. But all the humans are much to drunk for such talk.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Florida (GMT-5)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Kyachi would be milling about in the crowd, Watching the festivities and occasionally joining in in discussions, but He was very much out of his element. He's not one for parties, pulling out a couple of his ball bearings and working them over in his hands as he walks among the crowd, keeping a eye out for something that might grab his interest that wasn't involving drunkards falling over their own feet.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Dorian Crimson, Sorcerer Spy
    Dorian sat at a table, laughing with some of the villagers, easily able to come into any situation and make fast friends with most anyone. He drinks his ale and keeps his eye out, ever watchful. Troubles of the city drive him out of it from time to time, and he enjoys the peace of the countryside, the simplicity of it all. So here and there he lets himself go and enjoys a few days respite, before going back to the city and starting his work again.


    LGBTAIitp Ally

    Irish Avatar by Savannah

    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tak, Half-Orc Slayer
    Garr, Human Barbarian
    Thornin, Dwarf Fighter
    Samael, Elf Avenger
    Odin, Dwarven Cleric of Moradin
    Necia, Half-Orc Monk

    DMing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ThirdEmperor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by SNIPER4HIRE7 View Post
    Lloyd wander about the village taking in the sights, his eyes filled with joy at the festival around him. even as he makes one final check of his blade making sure his equipment is to his strict standard. Lloyd drinks waiting for the signal to start the hunt glad i came, just wish the hunt would start
    "So, I've heard you'll be joining the hunt today." An enormous hand clamps down on Lloyd's shoulder as Dun, the village blacksmith, pulls him into a brotherly embrace. "What's a priest doing hunting for boars, eh?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    TE:can you open an OOC thread for this? It would be very comfortable.

    "...A dwarven hunter? Ha ha ha! Well Maybe he'll find a hare or two, but the Boar is good as ours!"
    The confident shouting of Vrattarin can be heard from right outside the gathering, he stands with a smug face among his few friends.
    "Oh? And you thnk you'll do better than me? You? A flimsy, skinny little do-gooder? Hah! The boar will bag itself before then!" The dwarf in question yells back at Vrattarin, his own friends, all dwarves themselves, cheering him on and raising their glasses high. "How about a bet then? Eh? Care to put your coin behind that bragging?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    An aged elf is seated outside the inn. Impressive enough feast for a small village, but I wonder if it has any significance, he muses. But all the humans are much to drunk for such talk.
    Not everyone is drunk. With a sigh and a creak of aged bones, Mortimer, one of the villages elders, settles down on the step outside the inn, next to the elf. "I trust the day finds you well?

    Quote Originally Posted by soulsabre345 View Post
    Kyachi would be milling about in the crowd, Watching the festivities and occasionally joining in in discussions, but He was very much out of his element. He's not one for parties, pulling out a couple of his ball bearings and working them over in his hands as he walks among the crowd, keeping a eye out for something that might grab his interest that wasn't involving drunkards falling over their own feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_D&Der View Post
    Dorian Crimson, Sorcerer Spy
    Dorian sat at a table, laughing with some of the villagers, easily able to come into any situation and make fast friends with most anyone. He drinks his ale and keeps his eye out, ever watchful. Troubles of the city drive him out of it from time to time, and he enjoys the peace of the countryside, the simplicity of it all. So here and there he lets himself go and enjoys a few days respite, before going back to the city and starting his work again.
    Now these three have the right of it, not letting down their guard over a mere bout of celebration. And so, as they kept their eyes peeled, they see something that is indeed more interesting than mere drunks falling over each other.

    Out in the forest, a wavering, unearthly light, so faint it might be a mere candle were it not so clearly a thing of magic. The light bobs and weaves, moving on the edge of the woods and never past. But watching. Very clearly watching them even as they watch it.
    The Cat Burglar by Ghar. Thanks!

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Lloyd feels the hand on his shoulder and is pulled into a brotherly hug before he fully realizes whats going on. Dun good to see you Lloyd says laughing I'm here to test myself against the other hunters Lloyd declares his voice filled with determination. are you taking part? Lloyd asks as he takes a sip from a flagon

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    roughly 36 feet from you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Intrigued and insulted simultaneously, Vrattarin thinks of a counter-quip:
    "ooh, did I hear correctly, Slimy Sully? Does This 4 foot goat really wish to fiddle with the Wolfhide gang?

    Vrattarin squats down, and laughs lightly at the hunter.
    "Ha ha, Tell you what, little mooncalf, I'm not handing a dwarf my coin, but You must like trophies, right? so I'll wager you, a tooth for tooth! Dawn after the feast, we spar by the meadow.
    Capture the hog, and you get to sling the first fist, and please your 'dwarven honour', how about it?

    Looking at the dwarf party's annoyed faces he continues:
    "OOORR we can do the sparring now, we're up to it either way, aren't we boys?"
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2012-10-15 at 01:25 PM.
    Prince Zahn - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

    AKA: Silvius Peak in Magestalt (OOC)


    I am on and watching these forums even when it appears I'm gone.
    I will protect you, laugh with you and lift you up from despair(and in style!),
    sure as the spirit of Vamber - the most flamboyant halfling who never was - lies within me.

    Many thanks to Ceika for my Vamber Avatar!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Dorian Crimson, Sorcerer Spy
    Dorian, still talking with the current company he was keeping, sees the ball of light, but as of yet says nothing. He keeps his "mask" on of jovial fun, but his eyes are now trained on this ball. If it starts to move from his sight, he excuses himself and gets up to follow it. Not getting close, just walking around the crowd, nonchalantly, keeping the light in his sight.


    LGBTAIitp Ally

    Irish Avatar by Savannah

    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tak, Half-Orc Slayer
    Garr, Human Barbarian
    Thornin, Dwarf Fighter
    Samael, Elf Avenger
    Odin, Dwarven Cleric of Moradin
    Necia, Half-Orc Monk

    DMing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Florida (GMT-5)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Kyachi would blink upon seeing the ball appear at the edge of the forest, tilt his head for a moment before heading off to go explore what was going on with this ball of light. The party was not to his interest anyway, so anything to break him out of it was a good thing is his mind.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    "Greetings, yes, I am well. Most of these harvest festivals have a story behind them. Is it so here?" The aged sage asks, ever on the look out for a new legend of some sort.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Scowling Dragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Alice rushes over to a person she thinks is her target. She grabs him with a gauntleted hand turns him around and.....Its not him...

    "Watcha doing With me you..."

    The man realises that Alice is 6' 6.

    "I........"

    Alice grunts and walks off.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    roughly 36 feet from you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    what will our post rate be? Because I'm getting a bit restless since I don't know if this is daily or weekly or bi-monthly or what?...
    After a few seconds of silence from the dwarven hunter, Vrattarin let out a healthy laugh. As he speaks his body language is betrayed more boldly than moments before:
    "Silent, are we, dwarf? Honestly I viewed your kind was a bit more loudmouthed and bold, the defiance of your nature is as smart as you'll get when messing with me, 'goat-beard'...We take our leave, fellows!
    Vrattarin pats the dwarf on the back as he walks casually towards the crown, his right hand staying close to his scabbard, unbeknownst to the dwarves, the his words have a meaning and purpose to the group behind him:
    PHP Code:
    <present profile...expect back attack...keep guard... This is not finished.> 
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thieves' Cant, clearly words in italics are code words, I'm kind of making this up as I go, if asked I can gather the multiple meanings together in an OoC post...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Prepared action: draw scimitar and strike an attacker from behind ig any of the dwarves choose to attack Vrattarin.
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2012-10-18 at 04:34 PM.
    Prince Zahn - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

    AKA: Silvius Peak in Magestalt (OOC)


    I am on and watching these forums even when it appears I'm gone.
    I will protect you, laugh with you and lift you up from despair(and in style!),
    sure as the spirit of Vamber - the most flamboyant halfling who never was - lies within me.

    Many thanks to Ceika for my Vamber Avatar!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    hearing laughter nearby Lloyd turns his head seeing a argument between a elf and a group of dwarves he notices the hands resting on blades and sighs great more idiots, honestly people can't behave for 1 day

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Dorian Crimson, Sorcerer Spy
    Dorian, keeping one eye on this light, sees with his other an elf, whom he recognizes, and a dwarf that seems to be getting darker shades of red by the minute. Seeing what is most undoubtedly about to happen, Dorian takes a couple of steps back into the shadows, and sees where this is going. He wonders if Vrattarin will coax the dwarves into combat, or if they will think better of their tempers. HA! He almost made himself laugh with that one, dwarves controlling their tempers.....

    Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth(Disadvantage) - Lower of the 2 rolls is my Check.
    (1d20+4)[18](22)
    (1d20+4)[14](18)


    LGBTAIitp Ally

    Irish Avatar by Savannah

    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tak, Half-Orc Slayer
    Garr, Human Barbarian
    Thornin, Dwarf Fighter
    Samael, Elf Avenger
    Odin, Dwarven Cleric of Moradin
    Necia, Half-Orc Monk

    DMing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ThirdEmperor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by SNIPER4HIRE7 View Post
    Lloyd feels the hand on his shoulder and is pulled into a brotherly hug before he fully realizes whats going on. Dun good to see you Lloyd says laughing I'm here to test myself against the other hunters Lloyd declares his voice filled with determination. are you taking part? Lloyd asks as he takes a sip from a flagon
    Quote Originally Posted by SNIPER4HIRE7 View Post
    hearing laughter nearby Lloyd turns his head seeing a argument between a elf and a group of dwarves he notices the hands resting on blades and sighs great more idiots, honestly people can't behave for 1 day
    After all this hunt's done for me? Of course! No better time for blacksmiths. Dun proclaims, glancing over at the brewing fight and shaking his head. Pay 'em no mind, they're only drunk. A few more and they'll have forgotten what they were ever fighting about. And more like than not singing arm in arm like old comrades. Say, you had a look-see at this years quarry? It's a fine and fat old beast, pair of tusks I wouldn't mind on my wall.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    "Greetings, yes, I am well. Most of these harvest festivals have a story behind them. Is it so here?" The aged sage asks, ever on the look out for a new legend of some sort.
    Mmm.. Yes. From my fathers time. The elder nods, leaning forward and running a hand across the thinning hair of his brow as he tries to remember. I cannot recall the details and the names are gone, but... When my father was a lad, there was a spirit that dwelled in the forest. And it would prey upon the people of the village, who were then all quite peaceful, sending it's wolves to steal away their young.

    The people lived in fear, until one day, a cleric of the war god passed by on a mission to farther lands. When he heard of the spirit, he took up his hammer and strode into the forest, to kill the spirits hounds one by one and give the rites of passage to the dead children. As he prayed, the spirit appeared before him and demanded to know why he would protect those who had made no attempt to protect themselves. And he said that the spirit had not given them a fair chance. So, a compact was forged. Each year the people of the village would prove their worth in hunt, so that the spirit would leave them in peace.


    Coming to the end of his tale, the elder lets out a long sigh, pausing for a moment before continuing. But I am very old and that happened forever ago, even for a spirit. I would think it's found less fortunate folk to torment by now, for neither hide nor hairs been seen of it for years since.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    Intrigued and insulted simultaneously, Vrattarin thinks of a counter-quip:
    "ooh, did I hear correctly, Slimy Sully? Does This 4 foot goat really wish to fiddle with the Wolfhide gang?

    Vrattarin squats down, and laughs lightly at the hunter.
    "Ha ha, Tell you what, little mooncalf, I'm not handing a dwarf my coin, but You must like trophies, right? so I'll wager you, a tooth for tooth! Dawn after the feast, we spar by the meadow.
    Capture the hog, and you get to sling the first fist, and please your 'dwarven honour', how about it?

    Looking at the dwarf party's annoyed faces he continues:
    "OOORR we can do the sparring now, we're up to it either way, aren't we boys?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    what will our post rate be? Because I'm getting a bit restless since I don't know if this is daily or weekly or bi-monthly or what?...
    After a few seconds of silence from the dwarven hunter, Vrattarin let out a healthy laugh. As he speaks his body language is betrayed more boldly than moments before:
    "Silent, are we, dwarf? Honestly I viewed your kind was a bit more loudmouthed and bold, the defiance of your nature is as smart as you'll get when messing with me, 'goat-beard'...We take our leave, fellows!
    Vrattarin pats the dwarf on the back as he walks casually towards the crown, his right hand staying close to his scabbard, unbeknownst to the dwarves, the his words have a meaning and purpose to the group behind him:
    PHP Code:
    <present profile...expect back attack...keep guard... This is not finished.> 
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thieves' Cant, clearly words in italics are code words, I'm kind of making this up as I go, if asked I can gather the multiple meanings together in an OoC post...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Prepared action: draw scimitar and strike an attacker from behind ig any of the dwarves choose to attack Vrattarin.
    Oh. That was a mistake. That was a mistake twice over. In the blink of an eye the dwarf has Vrattarin by the offending arm, twisting it painfully and shoving the bandit towards the muddy, trampled ground.

    Oh, I'll take yer challenge ya flouncing bastard. But 'less you find an apology right quick, you'll be fighting one arm short! He growls, his friends closing around them in a circle to hold back Vrattarin's own pals from interfering.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Make a Grapple check!

    Yes, the first roll of the game shall be a Grapple roll. This bodes ill.


    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_D&Der View Post
    Dorian Crimson, Sorcerer Spy
    Dorian, keeping one eye on this light, sees with his other an elf, whom he recognizes, and a dwarf that seems to be getting darker shades of red by the minute. Seeing what is most undoubtedly about to happen, Dorian takes a couple of steps back into the shadows, and sees where this is going. He wonders if Vrattarin will coax the dwarves into combat, or if they will think better of their tempers. HA! He almost made himself laugh with that one, dwarves controlling their tempers.....

    Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth(Disadvantage) - Lower of the 2 rolls is my Check.
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    Oh, no-one's paying much attention to Dorian. All eyes among the two warring gangs are locked upon each other, staring the opposite number down. Hands slowly creep towards blade hilts and axe handles, feet paw at the ground, leaving little space in the growing conflict for anyone to notice another human in the crowd.

    But how much attention is Dorian paying to that dot of light he spotted earlier, if he's now busy trying to stay unseen in the crowd? Enough to notice as another breaks away from the party and heads after it, or when the light begins to fade away in response?

    Quote Originally Posted by soulsabre345 View Post
    Kyachi would blink upon seeing the ball appear at the edge of the forest, tilt his head for a moment before heading off to go explore what was going on with this ball of light. The party was not to his interest anyway, so anything to break him out of it was a good thing is his mind.
    The ball of light freezes in the air for a moment as he draws near, then begins to shrink, bobbing away on the breeze, deeper into the forest with each step he takes. Curious.
    The Cat Burglar by Ghar. Thanks!

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Lloyd turns to dun aye i have seen the beast. tough looking one he won't go down without a fight, i reckon he says.

    seeing the argument escalating he excuses himself from dun promising to find him and share a drink after the hunt. Lloyd strolls towards the group of dwarves and the elf now,now lets calm down and save your energy for the boar he reasons with the group his voice calm (diplomacy to try a get everyone to calm down)

    Spoiler
    Show
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3741294/ for a total of 8. crap someone gonna punch me aren't they

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Dorian Crimson, Sorcerer Spy
    Dorian, seeing things getting more heated, just smiles. As he watches them, he notices more movement from the corner of his eye. Another ball of light shot from the crowd, heading to the other one, and the other one fading into the forest. Dorian crouches down and whispers, still looking at he light but seemingly to himself, "Go into the forest, follow the light, only one of you. Do not get too close and do not stay away long. Report back to me as soon as you return. And, please, be careful. You little ones are not cheap." With a wave of the hand he rises and waits for his messenger to return.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-10-19 at 10:58 AM.


    LGBTAIitp Ally

    Irish Avatar by Savannah

    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tak, Half-Orc Slayer
    Garr, Human Barbarian
    Thornin, Dwarf Fighter
    Samael, Elf Avenger
    Odin, Dwarven Cleric of Moradin
    Necia, Half-Orc Monk

    DMing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    roughly 36 feet from you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Vrattarin breathes in violently, as struggles to break his arm free he speaks I. A startled tone:
    To think ganging together HRRRgh!upon a single target was above you people... Oh...Hrrn! Wow, you those arms are not for show, I guess your Hrrrngh! Choice is Hrrngh!"
    With his free arm he unsheathes his scimitar and lunges it towards the dwarf's arms and immediately retracts it(and his hand) back near him. "HEY! TOO TIGHT!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    drawing his blade is a signal for the gang to draw their weapons, the would presumably carry one long sword, and couple of knives and multiple finesse weapons.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate: (1d20+6)[8]

    "You win this round, but you'll get your apology with the punch, if you get the boar, now really, now if you excuse us there lies a festival down yonder and I would wish to keep my arm for the javelin event, I heard well of it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    taking 10 on bluff check[16]
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2012-10-20 at 01:56 PM.
    Prince Zahn - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

    AKA: Silvius Peak in Magestalt (OOC)


    I am on and watching these forums even when it appears I'm gone.
    I will protect you, laugh with you and lift you up from despair(and in style!),
    sure as the spirit of Vamber - the most flamboyant halfling who never was - lies within me.

    Many thanks to Ceika for my Vamber Avatar!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Zarilix notes the light. He reaches out with his magical senses to see what he can find out. Meanwhile, an owl flies toward the forest.
    Spoiler
    Show
    detect magic on the light and my owl familar will scope it out

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Scowling Dragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Alice turns around to see the darting white ball.

    Uses Detect Magic on it.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Florida (GMT-5)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Kyachi would roll his eyes at the conflict, not interested in whatever they were arguing over, as he keeps following the ball of light, curious to see if it was fey-related or not.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ThirdEmperor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by SNIPER4HIRE7 View Post
    Lloyd turns to dun aye i have seen the beast. tough looking one he won't go down without a fight, i reckon he says.

    seeing the argument escalating he excuses himself from dun promising to find him and share a drink after the hunt. Lloyd strolls towards the group of dwarves and the elf now,now lets calm down and save your energy for the boar he reasons with the group his voice calm (diplomacy to try a get everyone to calm down)

    Spoiler
    Show
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3741294/ for a total of 8. crap someone gonna punch me aren't they
    The dwarf facing Lloyd from the circle snorts, fingers drumming on the hide-bound grip of a heavy oak mace. You can clear right off, cloudy. The last is a dwavern word for human. Not a very pleasant one either. By the way the dwarf is glaring at Llody, along with all the dwarves beside him, the cleric won't be finding much traction for his pleas of peace here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    Vrattarin breathes in violently, as struggles to break his arm free he speaks in a startled tone:
    To think ganging together HRRRgh!upon a single target was above you people... Oh...Hrrn! Wow, you those arms are not for show, I guess your Hrrrngh! Choice is Hrrngh!"
    With his free arm he unsheathes his scimitar and lunges it towards the dwarf's arms and immediately retracts it(and his hand) back near him. "HEY! TOO TIGHT!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    drawing his blade is a signal for the gang to draw their weapons, the would presumably carry one long sword, and couple of knives and multiple finesse weapons.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate: [roll0]

    "You win this round, but you'll get your apology with the punch, if you get the boar, now really, now if you excuse us there lies a festival down yonder and I would wish to keep my arm for the javelin event, I heard well of it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    taking 10 on bluff check[16]
    An uneasy muttering in dwarfish passes through the circle around Vrattarin as the wolfhides draw arms. They bring out their own weapons, their hammers and clubs, but no-one wants to make the first move, no-one takes a step towards the opposing line.

    The leader is more resolute. It would be a lie to say he doesn't flinch when Vrattarin feints at his arm, nobody's that fearless, but he doesn't let go. If anything his grip tightens, rough-chewed nails digging into flesh.

    Huh. So you say. But my boys aren't the ones who've got you locked. The hand on Vrattarin's wrist releases, just in time for a second, meaty fist to slam into the bandit's jaw. Teeth crunch together and gums split open and fill his mouth with he metallic taste of blood, setting his head spinning in pain. I'll have my apology now, and if you find a problem there, we'll settle the matter like warriors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Alice turns around to see the darting white ball.

    Uses Detect Magic on it.
    Oh the light is magical alright. In truth, the light is magic. A rough sphere of skillfully-woven glamour, pulsing with the ebb and flow of the power fueling it. It's a wild magic, easily recognizable to anyone remotely familiar with the arcane, a construct of the wilds or it's inhabitants.

    But there's more. There, darting across the muddy, trodden ground, a faint spark of necromancy. This one, not of the wilds. A mortal spell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_D&Der View Post
    Dorian Crimson, Sorcerer Spy
    Dorian, seeing things getting more heated, just smiles. As he watches them, he notices more movement from the corner of his eye. Another ball of light shot from the crowd, heading to the other one, and the other one fading into the forest. Dorian crouches down and whispers, still looking at he light but seemingly to himself, "Go into the forest, follow the light, only one of you. Do not get too close and do not stay away long. Report back to me as soon as you return. And, please, be careful. You little ones are not cheap." With a wave of the hand he rises and waits for his messenger to return.
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsabre345 View Post
    Kyachi would roll his eyes at the conflict, not interested in whatever they were arguing over, as he keeps following the ball of light, curious to see if it was fey-related or not.
    The light shrinks farther and farther back into the woods at Kyachi's approach, picking up speed until it's a blurred streak, forcing him and the two animal servants to pick up their own pace. The trees grow closer together until their reaching limbs form an almost solid wall, clutching, bending, then snapping back with a stinging bite, more often than not toothed by thorns, the ground matted thick with nettles and vines.

    And then it stops. The light halts, bobbing up and down in place at the trunk of a great, gnarled sycamore. The tree itself is unexceptional save for it's impressive age, but nestled between it's roots is the mouth of a tunnel, a burrow, the lair of some unknown creature, perhaps abandoned.
    The Cat Burglar by Ghar. Thanks!

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    roughly 36 feet from you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ooh, now he's done it... I didn't wanna come to this... And shouldn't there be an attack roll somewhere?
    Vrattarin moves his jaw to see if its broken, but I. Truth at this point he doesn't care anymore, this dwarf has been a short pain in the neck for too long. With the flick of the wrist he sends the edge of his blade towards the dwarf's shoulder swiftly and strongly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    and there it is:
    Attack: (1d20+5)[19]
    Damage(scimitar):[roll]1d6+3[roll]
    Prince Zahn - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.

    AKA: Silvius Peak in Magestalt (OOC)


    I am on and watching these forums even when it appears I'm gone.
    I will protect you, laugh with you and lift you up from despair(and in style!),
    sure as the spirit of Vamber - the most flamboyant halfling who never was - lies within me.

    Many thanks to Ceika for my Vamber Avatar!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I trust you mister DM! I just don't trust your NPC's!

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Dorian Crimson, Sorcerer Spy
    Dorian, seeing that things were getting quite heated between his "friend" and the dwarf, decided to intervene if he could, even though it looked like a pretty desperate situation for Vrattarin. Dorian walked up to the both of them and spoke to the dwarf first, putting himself in between Vrattarin and the dwarf, "Good dwarf....I would beg your forgiveness for my friend's insolence at this grand occasion. Everyone has gathered here in celebration and glad tidings, and I would beg of you to let those times continue without bloodshed. We don't want these honorable precedings sullied with the needless spilling of blood. The only one that should die today is the boar. Please, noble dwarf, let me buy you an ale for amends and we may drink the rest of the night, what say you?" After this he shoots a glance at Vrattarin, making sure he understands that he most likely has erred in picking a fight with a dwarf.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy (1d20+8)[17](25)
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-10-26 at 03:25 PM.


    LGBTAIitp Ally

    Irish Avatar by Savannah

    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tak, Half-Orc Slayer
    Garr, Human Barbarian
    Thornin, Dwarf Fighter
    Samael, Elf Avenger
    Odin, Dwarven Cleric of Moradin
    Necia, Half-Orc Monk

    DMing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Scowling Dragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Alice emmidiatly stands on alert

    "Necromancy......"

    Decides to drop pursuing the ball of light, and continues using detect magic to follow the trail of the necromancy.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    give up dwarve velkt won't be pleased with drunken brawling and for that matter neither will I lloyd threatens his hand resting on his sword his holy symbol gleaming in the sun. if you wish to settle this. fight one on one both of you if not then both of you apologize to each other Lloyd advises his voice stern and gruff like when he spoke to the new recruits leaving no room to argue

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Florida (GMT-5)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (5e) Things Old and New [IC]

    Kyachi, upon seeing the orb of light speed up then stop at the sycamore, grins as he proceeds to head into the tree. as he spots the burrow, his curiosity is piqued. just what would this orb of magic lead him to within? Would it perhaps be another fey entity he could gain power from or talk to? Would it lead to riches or peril? The possibilities are endless.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •