Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Banned

Default Re: What's the Better Class

Quote Originally Posted by Annos View Post
    Are you sure it isn't a true dragon only PrC from Drac
    Not sure at all. Though I'd be shocked if it actually specified "true" dragon; not a lot of things do that.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

That works? If so, rule 0 will automaticly find some excuse for it not to work.
    Generation 6
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your own signature and add one to the number. This is a social experiment.

Dragontouched Feat; Almost as bad as "Lichloved"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

That works? If so, rule 0 will automaticly find some excuse for it not to work.
    Assuming this in reference to the ice assassin trick. It can, but the deity you've made a copy of has to have a certain salient divine ability to do it.

As you noted however, this is one of those tricks that results in DMG's with ballistic trajectories.

You might look at magic of eberron for some interesting stuff. There's one PrC that makes potions suck a lot less if you're into that sort of thing. There's a couple others too though.
    Last edited by Kelb_Panthera; 2012-10-15 at 09:03 PM.
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Artificers usually go strait all the way
    Generation 6
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your own signature and add one to the number. This is a social experiment.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Artificers usually go strait all the way
    I'm aware. Giving up the free crafting feats and the craft reserve are pretty much never a purely logical choice, but rather one based on the "That's awesome, I totally wanna do that" line of thought.

After the spell and magic item compendiums, you might look for stuff that was printed later; Completes Champion, Scoundrel, and Mage for instance. MoE has schemas which are nice. They're basically scrolls that are useable 1/day rather than being expended on use. Any of the eberron specific books will usually have at least some artificer specific options and they all have spells that aren't in the compendium.
    Last edited by Kelb_Panthera; 2012-10-15 at 09:18 PM.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

I have to ask just because I'm curious, are you playing a warforged Dragonborn specifically for flavor, because it seems like you're giving up all best traits that make a warforged an actual warforged.
    "The icy cold fingers of reason have choked the life out of this thread and despite all logic it keeps squirming", nope, it's dead.

"Occasionally I'd just like someone to quote me in their signature"
    -Invader

Epic threads with awesome revelations.

Awesome Avatar by Kymme!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by invaderk2 View Post
    I have to ask just because I'm curious, are you playing a warforged Dragonborn specifically for flavor, because it seems like you're giving up all best traits that make a warforged an actual warforged.
    Actually he's only giving up only the composite plating and some other really minor stuff. Dragonborn Warforged are one of the best racial combinations in the game because most of the best parts of Warforged comes from it's type and subtype, which it keeps.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Banned

Heh, yeah, don't ever take Unarmored Body; why burn a feat when you can just get all the benefits of Dragonborn to remove it instead?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Bonus points: if you take one of the <special material> plating feats, you get to keep your composite armor when you become a dragonborn.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm taking Mithral body because I like AC and flying in heavy armor is two feats added on to the two feats neciserry to get flying.
    Generation 6