New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: PTA: Team Ostra

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default PTA: Team Ostra

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC and Pad for die rolling and chatting, respectively. Though I suppose you could chat in the OOC and roll die in the Pad if you wanted?

It's a gorgeous day outside in Wuhtu. The sun is shining, Spearows are chirping, and a nice cool breeze runs through your hair. And yet you're all going to be cooped up inside, in various degrees of nervousness and excitement.

The city of Xylo is bustling, as always. Hordes of people walk to and fro, each convinced they are the single busiest person and everyone else is in their way.

Room 2342

Inside one particularly innocuous building lies an even more innocuous room. The walls and ceiling are all pearly white with no discerning features. On opposite ends of the room, two beige doors provide the only relief from constant white. Hanging from the ceiling is a single fluorescent light bulb that occasionally flickers. Within the room, there are four chairs, side-by-side, facing a large desk with another empty chair behind it.

Each of you has just recently arrived at Ostra HQ, per some vague orders. You were told to wait until this exact moment and come to this particular room. That is all you were told.

The light bulb flickers.

Spoiler
    Show
    You'll arrive in the order you post in, so please do incorporate the presence of anyone who's already there in your arrival.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Team Ostra

Burler walks into the room, exactly on time. He was used to the punctuality. He sits down, Lumin resting on his head as per normal. He fiddles with two lighters in his pocket, before drawing one. Experimentally, he flicks the starter and a small flame spouts. He stares for a moment before cutting off the fuel to little flame. Cute. Lumin simply chirps once.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Caspar arrives second, dissatisfied with the dead end his searches lead him. He was glad to have been called back. The Team took care of its own, and he was ready for another assignment.

"Hey there. You just get pulled in abruptly too?"
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-10-14 at 04:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Bartleby hasn’t been back in his hometown in a little while, and it was quite the thing to ignore all the sights, sounds, and fun it had to offer in favor of being punctual. He has, however, managed it. The man steps into the room, wincing briefly at the sheer bareness of it before he drags a seat out for himself and drops into it.

So,” He offers amiably, “Looks like it’s not just me. I wonder how big this job is.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

"You must be new to the Team. Most jobs are at least four persons."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

This is bad. This is very bad.

It wasn't good to be back in Xylo. Sure, it was a big city, but there was always the possibility someone might recognise him. They might realise he wasn't a real trainer - they might try to take Buddy again - try to take his family.

I won't let that happen.

Jack's heart was drumming as he slunk through the backstreets. Even scarier though, was the prospect of staying away.

They found me so easily. Then that message -'be here, it will be to your advantage' or summink like that. On the phone, in a diner, then again, pinned to my bag while I slept.

Still, could be good. Team Ostra! They've got money, influence. No-one would muck around with a Team Ostra member. Pulling tricks on the Rangers, instead of running and hiding from them, beating up toffee nosed brats with their pompous League licences.

And brothers. Yeah, when you're in a gang like that, you're brothers, so long as you keep up your side of things. Ostra will look after their own'.

Jack's heart thuds harder when he arrives at the building.

Is that it?

Jack makes his way in, then hears the sound of mens' voices. Turning the corner, the boy sees three grown, all quite a bit taller than him.

Posh looking too

'Err...I got yer message'. Jack shuffles his feet.

'Did yer want to see me?' he tries to sound tough, and look fierce, but his body language is all wrong - shoulders hunched, head down.

Jack's hand drifts towards Buddy's scuffed Pokeball rolling it around nervously.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Burler nods slighlty, so as to not disturb the Larvesta on his head. Yes. Burler doesn't react to the third man entering but does to the fourth, who was obviously a completely new to Ostra. Burler stands up and walks over to the shorter boy, and gingerly plucked a single hair from his head. In one deft motion he pulls out the lighter, ignites it and catches the strand of hair on fire. He watched the smoldering hair for a moment before saying Good. You burn well.

Lumin chirps twice and Burler promptly returns to his seat.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

"... And that would be our fourth. Boy, we're here waiting the same as you. Odds are, if this goes like previous jobs, we're soon going to meet one of the higher ups who will bind us together as a task force for a mission."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Glad I'm not paired up with a bunch of fresh kindling this time. They produce too much smoke most of the time. I'm Burler. He offers his scarred hand to the man sitting next to him.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Caspar offers his own in return. "Name's Caspar. I take it your specialty is fireworks?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

I am no expert in explosives. I simply enjoy the beauty of flame. This is Lumin. The Larvesta chirps, wiggling in welcome. Burler shakes the man's hand firmly, but not overtly overpowering. Me and my pokemon make art with conflagration. Ostra sees the beauty of our work, while the League reprimanded us for them.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

"I am familiar with the League silencing those who are "out of line". I envy you the luxury of attachment."

Yeah, they're hooking us up with a pyro. Whatever the mission is, it won't be subtle. He thinks.

13. - Top - End - #13

Bartleby’s brows arch upward at Burler’s display, the man’s lips pinching into a quizzical line. Really? This is the kind of person he's supposed to be working with?

One of his legs reaches out, hooking the remaining chair in the row, turning and giving it a shove to slide it toward Jack. “Take a seat, kid. There’s nobody important in here yet. Relax.

To the other two, he comments, “Name’s Bartleby.” He points a finger up at the Larvesta on Burler’s head. “Nice hat.” It’s a joke. Probably.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Lumin squeaks, the tips of her feelers spouting little flames, only to be placated by Burler's touch. Lumin is my muse. Settle. You make a fine hat. A murmured chirp comes from her, but she doesn't sound convinced.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack flinches as the man pluck his hair and burns it. His fingers find the catch for Buddy's ball, and the crimson light takes the shape of a male Nidoran. Jack scowls at the guy with the weird Pokemon on his head, and takes a seat.

Looks like a joker's hat, sitting there. Freaky mon, never seen it before, which means it's likely rare. Which means it's likely trouble. Who does he think he is?

Jack nods at Caspar, and takes a the seat Bartleby kicks over.

'Thanks... I'm Jack - just Jack'.

'Heheh. Yeah, he's right, it is a nice hat'.

Keep quiet - don't say too much.

'So...am I in then? In Ostra?'

Stupid.

Jack left hand delves into his jacket's inside pocket, nervously gripping the handle of his knife, and his right clutches at the everstone in his jean's pocket.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

"I must wonder why we continue to wait. Normally, the higher ups like to start things as soon as everyone gets here. Unless this task force is supposed to be a 5 man band."

17. - Top - End - #17

"Our fifth man must have screwed up, he doesn't even get a chair." Bartleby snickers. "Unless we're about to get punished-But, why would you be here, if that was the case." He jabs a finger at Jack.

Of course, when Jack asks his question Bartleby mumbles, "Maybe I'M being punished." Grumble grumble.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

'Have you all been on lots o' jobs before?'

Jack thinks for a bit, then hastily adds

'Sirs?'

His left hand comes out of his pocket and he strokes Buddy nervously.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't call me sir, boy. And I've been on a few missions before."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

No need for formalities. At least, not with us. We are your equals. Please, relax. The big wigs like to scare the newbies, and your just feeding fuel to fire being so fidgety. And I've been on a handful. I'm hardly more exprienced than you are.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack eases up, and relaxes back into his chair, stretching out his legs in front of him.

Awwright. Equals. Bit o' respec. Yeah. Boy though, that's not good.

'Thanks'. Jack says to Burler.

'Aw right, I won't call you sir. But you don't call me boy. It's Jack. Caspar, right?'

Jack extends a hand to each of the others in turn. Then he looks at Burler again.

'I like your 'mon. Did you say her name was Lumin? She's beautiful. What is she? I've never seen anything like her?'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Lumin crawls down Burler's head into his lap, where he starts petting her softly. She is a Larvesta. They are rare pokemon. My grandfather found her as an egg in some ruin and brought it home for me when I was very little. He brings his left hand to right above his heart, and a smile spreads across his face. She hatched shortly after he got home, and gave me our first work of art. She has been with me ever since.

Larvesta eventually evolve into a pokemon called Volcarona. It is told that in times of crisis, when volcanic ash blots out the sun, Volcarona can fly into the sky and shine bright, as a replacement to the sun. Isn't that right Lumin?
    A single chirp of acknowledgement, wiggling with Burler's fingers.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright, Jack. Don't act like a boy, and I'll not call you such."

24. - Top - End - #24

Sure, kid." Bartleby replies, clasping Jacks hand for a second before leaning back in his chair. It’s better than ‘boy’, at least. “Let’s say I know what I’m doing and leave it at that.” He flashes a jagged smile before his attention turns elsewhere.

The story about Burler’s pokemon held his attention for a few moments, Bartleby’s shoulders rolling backward after it’s done. “It looks well taken care of, but-Well. I’ve seen some really rare Pokemon.” A hint of haughtiness does manage to slip into his tone.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Bartleby's too smooth smile and round about way of speaking rub Jack up the wrong way.

Don't think much of him. Smooth geezer. Caspar seems OK. Laid down the law - know where you stand with a guy like that. As for that Burler guy - bit weird - maybe he's a bit carried away with the power of his Pokemon.

Jack thinks back to some times in the wilderness - holding up travellers - glorying in the power even the threat of poison had, miles from a town or center.

So maybe we're not so different.

'So she's a fire type? I only say because she looks like a bit like bug type...'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Burler nods. Fire/Bug. Most Bug types look more bug than their secondary types. Odd how that works.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

'Huh. I guess they do, thinking about it. I've a bug/poison type myself. Do you think they might like to meet? I've got him right here'.

Jack reaches for Sting's pokeball.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

"Take care that you value what you have." Caspar says to no one in particular.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Burler stops him before he releases the other bug. NO that is quite alright. Not sure how two bug types interact and in this enclosed space, I'd rather things not get ugly. Here. Lumin, you'll have to go away for now girl. Burler returns the larva.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

30. - Top - End - #30

"Good idea," Bartleby remarks to Burler. "This is a serious meeting. Let's all do show and tell later, hmm?"