1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [3.5] Incarnum/ToB Knight

So, I'm building a knight. Not as in the disappointing class in the PHBII, but the gestalt of it. I'm kind of wanting to make it an incarnum/ToB multiclass, possibly with vow of poverty.

It's just a build right now, but if it sees play it'll start at 7th. It should be capable of combat on its own, but it should ideally also play well with a large number of low-level villagers and/or followers behind it in a siege or battle. Pathfinder feat progression (every odd level) and skills. Homebrew would be great, since I haven't found anything that fits.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-10-16 at 06:46 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Incarnum/ToB Knight

There is a homebrew ToB class called the Sublime Knight which might fit the bill for you

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Honestly? Incarnate X/Warblade Y/Martial Soul 10 should work fine. Focus on White Raven, and you can be the leader you want to be. Devoted Spirit from Martial Soul is also good for being a Knight.

...That's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    The Next Round: Hundreds of the Guardians of Time show up and one of them screams out, "THIS IS AN UNSANCTIONED VIOLATION OF SPACE-TIME."

Order the solars to attack and run like hell.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Incarnate 3/Knight 4/Apostle of Peace 4/Full Caster Progression PrC X.

Incarnate grants a wide variety of options, including Spell Resistance, DR, infinite healing tricks, Skill boosts, etc.

Knight grants Test of Mettle and other minor benefits.

Apostle of Peace (Book of Exalted Deeds) requires Sacred Vow, Vow of Peace, Vow of Non-Violence, and your requested Vow of Poverty. It offers fast casting progression, giving you 9th level spells at ECL 16, albeit from good but somewhat limited list. It also gives you Turn Undead, a no Save Calm Emotions, and Censure Demons. Nothing but spells after 4 levels though, so head into any other PrC that offers full caster progression.

Vow of Peace and Vow of Non-Violence boosts the Save DCs of all of your abilities and spells (including Test of Mettle), makes weapons break against you, and give you other abilities.

So your combos are rather strait forward. Use Test of Mettle, and enemies will hopelessly attack you, breaking their weapons against you. Your friends can incapacitate those who aren't effected, and then focus on the people who are one at a time. If an enemy isnít effected by Test of Mettle, you can use Calm Emotions, Skills, or the many spells at your disposal.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Yes, you do all that.

And then your party gets to sit and watch, as they're not allowed to participate thanks to your Vows.

They'll really appreciate that, I'm sure.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Person_Man View Post
    Incarnate 3/Knight 4/Apostle of Peace 4/Full Caster Progression PrC X.

Incarnate grants a wide variety of options, including Spell Resistance, DR, infinite healing tricks, Skill boosts, etc.

Knight grants Test of Mettle and other minor benefits.

Apostle of Peace (Book of Exalted Deeds) requires Sacred Vow, Vow of Peace, Vow of Non-Violence, and your requested Vow of Poverty. It offers fast casting progression, giving you 9th level spells at ECL 16, albeit from good but somewhat limited list. It also gives you Turn Undead, a no Save Calm Emotions, and Censure Demons. Nothing but spells after 4 levels though, so head into any other PrC that offers full caster progression.

Vow of Peace and Vow of Non-Violence boosts the Save DCs of all of your abilities and spells (including Test of Mettle), makes weapons break against you, and give you other abilities.

So your combos are rather strait forward. Use Test of Mettle, and enemies will hopelessly attack you, breaking their weapons against you. Your friends can incapacitate those who aren't effected, and then focus on the people who are one at a time. If an enemy isnít effected by Test of Mettle, you can use Calm Emotions, Skills, or the many spells at your disposal.
    Well, first of all, I meant knight as in the profession, not the class. Second, this is supposed to be a combatant, so VoPeace and VoNV won't work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Answerer View Post
    Yes, you do all that.

And then your party gets to sit and watch, as they're not allowed to participate thanks to your Vows.

They'll really appreciate that, I'm sure.
    Yeah, Vow of Non-Violence I can see taking in a Good party. VoPeace not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    Honestly? Incarnate X/Warblade Y/Martial Soul 10 should work fine. Focus on White Raven, and you can be the leader you want to be. Devoted Spirit from Martial Soul is also good for being a Knight.

...That's about it.
    Awesome. That's what I was looking for. Any other homebrew anyone's come across?