1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: The Nations Game IC

Quote Originally Posted by drack View Post
    rweird and lexin
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't suppose the two of you want to let shady n on the body language part ay?
    Spoiler
    Show

For Ambross it would be at first surprise to see someone helping him.
    Then the welcoming gesture and a slight smile.
    A little disgust when looking at the dragon ... and a little amusement.

More or less...

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Lexin and rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

I meant more that you guys are bowing and lifting eyebrows in spoilers as if he can't see.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by drack View Post
    Lexin and rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

I meant more that you guys are bowing and lifting eyebrows in spoilers as if he can't see.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't really mind... That's how Ambross would behave...

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

4. - Top - End - #184
    Firbolg in the Playground

Drack and Lexin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    OoC: Okay, not very much anyways, I'll tell him.

IC: <I ment depart as in go away, not through the forest, heavens no, just we don't speak with him and bid him to leave. He'll continue to a volcano, where he will either meet a bunch of vampires from the time of Izeldus, or a bunch of unwelcoming dwarves (they didn't welcome an archon, I think they would be much less welcoming to a host of dragons). Maybe I should teleport them, seeing as they can't.>

Shady, Drack, Lexin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The one that spoke (one of lexin's people) nods politely to me and waves a hand to the forest in a welcoming gesture. I nod and smile back, though look a bit tense, he (lexin) tilts his head to one side and nods, then raises an eyebrow.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

rweird

Spoiler
    Show

<If teleportation is all it takes to get rid of them then I would be happy to help as well... As long as they don't destroy anything more I have nothing against them.>

OOC: ... and that's it for now, sorry guys...
    I will try to find some time tomorrow.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

6. - Top - End - #186

Lexin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    <I have a mass teleportation spell, though, the problem is, it only will bring them a few miles per casting, still, they will doubtless attack the inhabitance of the volcano, and i would not like to be someone responsible for making such a war possible. I don't have the focus required though, do you know of the spell 'Greater Epic Mass Teleport?'>

The spell (it would be a DC 30ish spel lcraft check I think, something you could pass with flying colors, assuming you don't know of it already):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greater Epic Mass Teleport
    Conjuration (teleportation)
    Teleporter 11 [drack said it could be sorcerer/wizard 11 as well]
    V,S,F
    Casting time: 1 minute
    Target: every creature within 1/2 mile radius burst
    Effect: Creatures are moved up to 1 mile/caster level

The targeted creatures are teleported, as if by the teleport spell, except they need not be in contact with each other and there is no chance for teleportation mishaps.
    Focus: A adamantine rod, worth 10,000 gp, with a diamond on the top worth at least 1 gp for each creature teleported and encrusted with emeralds worth 100 gp for each mile teleported

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show
    Before the draconic creatures appear, Atrill starts to talk about the trading. "The issue with the rune circles is not that they could harm the living; it is that they could harm anyone. If they channeled positive energy, the unliving could be hurt. It's a social problem, I'm afraid; I cannot tip the balance towards true equality with impunity, unless I wanted a civil war. This is why--"

He listens to Althorgen's alarm. "Go on ahead. I'll find Vulshie and get back to the simulacrum for transport."

And he does so. He first casts a spell to turn himself into a hound archon, teleports into his home, gets the attention of Vulshie Di (who was sitting in a corner and staring at a wall out of boredom), and explains the urgency briefly. He ushers her out the door, and they fly to the simulacrum for teleportation.

OOC: Casting Holy Transformation and then exploiting the at-will teleport of the archon subtype. I suspect that [Archon] is what you're doing, too.

By the time they're done, it should justify appearing late.

drack (just spell-slot tracking if it turns out to be necessary)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tracking Atrill's spell slots: 6/12/12/10/8/11/6/8/9/6
    Tracking Vulshie's spell slots: 6/15/15/14/15/13/14/14/11/13

8. - Top - End - #188

Kazyan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Simulacrum teleports you in, and quickened teleports out. You appear in a box of force with me, I am surrounded by six Tulani Eldrin, each holding onto me or another (they're invisible, I'm pretty sure you have see invisibility). I speak into your mind as one of them puts an arm on your shoulder. <Make sure this Eldrin is holding on to you at all times, I am ready to get us out if things go badly, though it requires physical contact. The people on the wall and the green creatures and the people on the wall are with Ambross del Andevarren, king of the forest, the dragons are with an unknown aggressor. I just met with Ambross, though considering he is being attacked by chromatic dragons, I don't think he can be that bad.>

Describe your entrance to Shady, rweird, and Lexin, the people who would know, I figure you'd rather describe it than me, just say you appear next to the eight-winged man (shady doesn't know my name yet IC).

Drack: Could you describe the scene to kazyan, or should we try?

Lexin and Kazyan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    My voice speaks into both of your heads, <Ambross, this is Atrill Anapur, ruler of Canidius, Atrill, this is Ambross del Andevarren, king of the forest. Also Atrill, who may your companion be?> (OoC, i know, though i haven't met yet Vulshie IC)

Lexin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I "speak" just to you. <I was meeting with Atrill before I realized the situation here, I invited him to come along. He rules a nation of fey. He appears to have brought a companion along, I don't know who it is.>

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

kaz
    Spoiler
    Show

Before you lies a wall. A rather thick wall of wood and stone. In front of this wall stands a dragon.
    Spoiler
    Show

Behind the dragon you can see various claw and scorch marks where a small section of the wall was demolished. Around the wall of force you see about six thousand large sized green men, and past the dragon you catch a glimpse of a far larger army of kobold, lizardmen, and dragons of both half and pure blood. Behind you, you notice ten figures all identical standing amidst the green men.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

gave him appearances (damaged wall, both legions, all players minus you whom you described. you can fill hi in that dragon threw a tantrum and you're trying to convince it not to smoke in the woods.)
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

10. - Top - End - #190

drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, thanks. I'll wait for him to officially appear.

Kazyan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    OoC: Apparently drack told you. I'll wait for your entrance before actually speaking.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone in the scene
    Spoiler
    Show
    A trio of unceremonious pops erupt next to the eight-winged man, one per being. One is a visual near-duplicate of the eight-winged man, which pops away almost immediately, leaving the other two behind.

One appears to be a hound archon, clad in green robes with yellow trim, a myriad of beads and shiny decorations down his front--including a metal, rainbow-painted feather vertically across his bared chest. Lines of gold-and-blue metal rest along his skin, curving with the contours, reaching around to all of the magic item slots. With true seeing or a way to see through transformations, one sees a short and slender pixie instead, with the same embellishments. The other figure is the size of a fairly tall human male, but covered entirely in thick purple veiling. Under it, one can make out the contours of large wings and what could be oversized horns, but not much else. The figure is alluring, even under the mundane covers. It tenses up and shifts.

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show
    Atrill doesn't appear fazed by any of this. <If this is two-way: Vulshie Di, my lifelong companion. One eladrin should be in contact with her. She's unliving, and she must be getting confused right now, by her body language; can you speak to her mind too?> his thoughts come extremely compressed and quick, but clear.

OOC: Does telepathy get through to undead? Or past a Mind Blank, for that matter? I'm assuming you wouldn't bother if it didn't, but, just checking.
    Last edited by Kazyan; 2012-12-26 at 09:33 PM. Reason: I made a mistake that someone with super-high mental scores wouldn't.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

All
    Spoiler
    Show

You will note telepathy is not a ind effecting effect an therefore is not prevented by mindblank, or types normally immune to mind effecting effects.

13. - Top - End - #193

Kazyan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Another Tulani does the same for Vulshie as he did for Atrill, <Yes, I can.> He opens the link to Vulshie <I am Thallagon Algorthen, leader of another nation, i was meeting with Atrill when this came up so I came here, Atril thought to bring you. Maintain contact with the Tulani that just put his hand on your shoulder until this is resolved, if things go wrong, we'll be pulled out, though it will target me, and requires physical contact.> The thoughts are a bit tense, though still staying cool. <The green creatures and humanoids on the walls are with the black forest, Ambross is the leader, he is one of the guys on the wall, the dragons are an unknown group that attacked the wall for no reason i can learn besides it being in the way. They want to get to a volcano, the only volcanos we know of are either with the nine bloods (Atrill, fill Vulshie in about the nine bloods if you haven't already), the other is help by dwarves that didn't welcome archons, i think they will be much less welcoming of dragons. We don't want them to attack the forest, though we don't want to let them rampage elsewhere if it can be helped. The dragon leader is demanding that we let them pass, or fight.> The thoughts are so fast that all of this can be explained in seconds, if the others mind is fast enough to comprehend (I'm positive that all of us have mental scores at least in the 30s, so we should be able to understand, though normal humans would probably be like "wait, what?")

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, dont ya all love typing with a ipod?
    Alright, Im noy exactly sure what/who is doing, so....

All within earshot
    Spoiler
    Show
    To rwerid and lexin
    "Well, if no one is bothering me, I'm leaving"
    *The Dragon takes off in flight*
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vulshie's background mental noises of <What's with the dragon?> and <What's Hďssha doing today?> stopped immediately for her to keep up with the telepathy. <I lost you at the rampaging, but I get it.> This somehow manages to come across as either adorable or hilarious, depending on attitude towards the woman's internal voice. Her thoughts are significantly slower than Atrill's or Althorgen's, though still inhumanly fast.

<The Nine Bloods are (in short) a vampire clan espousing vampiric traits, on an island, with mindless undead who attacked Althorgen on his prior visit, and they're at a truce for now,> Atrill relays, going a little slower than Althorgen. <Meanwhile, I'll:>

rweird & Lexin
    Spoiler
    Show
    <Hello, Ambross del Andevarren, but no time for pleasantries.>

All in the scene
    Spoiler
    Show
    His eyes shift for the first time, to look at Ambross, and then to the fleeing dragon. "Where are you going?"

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    His eyes shift for the first time, to look at Ambross, and then to the fleeing dragon. "Where are you going?"

Kazyan
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I am going to the Volcano, Problems?"
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #197

Shady, lexin, drack, rweird, & Kazyan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shady: Which way are you flying (which volcano), and is your nation going with you?

I included everyone because we all probably would want to know.

Also, should we try to make a map of this situation, or is it not needed yet?

Kazyan & lexin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    <Good, we can explain more later. I think the biggest question right now is should we try to stop the dragon from reaching the volcano, i think that if he is going to the halls of Izeldus, they will fight against each other and weaken them both meaning neither would be as great a threat. I'm not sure about the dwarves volcano though, we certainly shouldn't aid him in getting there, though i'm not sure if we should oppose him either.>

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    OoC: Will taxes be collected weekly or daily (1/7 weekly value)?
    Last edited by rweird; 2012-12-27 at 10:43 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

All:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Dwarves Volcano, Duh.
    And Of Course my nation is coming...
    Last edited by ShadowFireLance; 2012-12-27 at 11:53 PM.
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #199

All @ the scene:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shady: So each and every member of your nation can fly?

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

@all
    Spoiler
    Show

We have an OOC...

The IC is for when the dragon says which mountain (the big or small one), the OOC is for when shady tells them he wants the one to the right on the map.
    Last edited by drack; 2012-12-28 at 08:08 AM.

21. - Top - End - #201

ShadowFireLance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, because my previous check failed, knowledge (Any in core): 109 (unless you have over 99 HD, this would give basic information, the non-core knowledge checks just would be additional info or something, though all the creature types [to my knowledge] are covered in core knowledge skills).
    Anything else: 81

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Rwerid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, Alright.
    I am a Unique Type Of Dragon, Worshipped as a god in some places, Not sure what else to tell you.
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #203

Shady:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Something about your unique powers and stuff, immunities, weaknesses, probably more fluff?

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

<I have a mass teleportation spell, though, the problem is, it only will bring them a few miles per casting, still, they will doubtless attack the inhabitance of the volcano, and i would not like to be someone responsible for making such a war possible. I don't have the focus required though, do you know of the spell 'Greater Epic Mass Teleport?'>
    "I don't think we know such spells... but we do know Gate and Teleportation Circle... and use these in mass..."

Rweird & Kazyan
    Spoiler
    Show
    <Hello, Ambross del Andevarren, but no time for pleasantries.>
    <Greetings to you Atrill Anapur, and agreed.>

<Good, we can explain more later. I think the biggest question right now is should we try to stop the dragon from reaching the volcano, i think that if he is going to the halls of Izeldus, they will fight against each other and weaken them both meaning neither would be as great a threat. I'm not sure about the dwarves volcano though, we certainly shouldn't aid him in getting there, though i'm not sure if we should oppose him either.>
    <If he wants to get to Halls of Izeldus... I have no reason to stop him, as long as he doesn't destroy anything more in my lands. If he want's to get dwarves... I don't think helping him would be a good idea.>

All OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for lack of posting. I didn't have internet for last few days.
    Last edited by Lexin; 2013-01-01 at 02:39 PM.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

25. - Top - End - #205

Lexin, & Kazyan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    <He appears to be going to the dwarves, if he doesn't do anything hostile, we shouldn't inhibit him, though certainly not help him. We should send a message to the dwarves, possibly we should do other things as well, though i don't want to field my army, i would be willing to help evacuate the dwarves that wish to leave, if any do, possibly weapons, armor, and help shaping the fortification, not to mention scouting, though the dwarves probably have some those already. Still, contacting them may be hard, when i sent a messenger, they turned him away. Maybe a Sending?>

OoC: Glad your back now.

26. - Top - End - #206

Lexin, & Kazyan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    <Seeing as the dragon has left, perhaps we could talk further in a more comfortable environment on what we should do, if anything. Possibly contact others that would wish to know, if we know of anyone who would.>

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Lexin & rweird
    Spoiler
    Show
    <If he's taking that army, he likely intends to claim the Halls. Of course he shouldn't disturb the peace, but neither should we, unless he shows intent to-->

<Guys, how do we know the dragon isn't eavesdropping on our telepathy?>

<Good thought, but if he's worth our time, he's preparing for our re-intervention even if he's not perceiving this. Thallagon, let's go back to Canidius. I have an idea about how to track him.>

<Let's get away from all of these people.>

28. - Top - End - #208

Kazyan & Lexin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    <The dragon is out of range to eavesdrop on our telepathy, and the only way i know of to spy on our conversation is blocked by mind blank. The spell is sanctified, so i doubt the dragons ability to cast it. Considering i am under mind blank, we shouldn't be observed. Still, i agree. Ambross, if your willing to go or send a representative?>

OoC: I'm talking about the spell telepathy tap (BoED), i don't know of other ways, though they might exist.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Rweird & Kazyan
    Spoiler
    Show

The middle one shrugs and answers
    <I have some things to take care of right now. But let him be my representative.>
    He points at one of his nine copies, who nods and steps forward.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

30. - Top - End - #210

Kazyan and Lexin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The box of force vanishes and the winged man steps forwards. <Should Vilgon come with us?> I ask, <He is my apprentice, and second in command of my nation.>

OoC: Should we just say we go to were Atrill had in mind and pick it up there?
    Last edited by rweird; 2013-01-03 at 08:53 AM.