New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pre-Game RP (Three Goddess)

Ly'Kalia takes her time to form a response to Selena's question, but she does eventually respond.

I would say that beyond a doubt she would inspire lust. Not only is she beautiful, she is exotic. Men are always stirred by the exotic, I should know. And the fact that she may be unattainable makes it all the harder to resist.
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Furude Setsuna

Setsuna tilts her head to the side and blinks. "No, obsession with goals is never good. But neither is a lack of goals. Without goals, people will never progress. Without pleasure, people will never fully experience their existence. Neither extreme is desirable. Thus, would it not be obvious that a blend of both is the best solution?" She shrugs and leans back on the bench. "Eh, each to their own, I suppose..."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel nods her head in agreement. "All things in moderation, including moderation. "
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

4. - Top - End - #34

Furude Setsuna

"Huh?" Setsuna furrows her brow and stares quizzically at Sera. "If you have moderation in moderation, doesn't that mean it's not moderation, because if it's in moderation, then sometimes it's not in moderation, which means-"

She stops. Her mouth opens slightly as something clicks in her head and she says with a grin, "Oh! I get it now! That's a good point, senpai. I suppose it is good to just let loose once in a while..."
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Coquika laughs at their reactions, hand on one hip as she walks a short distance away, then half-turns.
    "You must not think me a slave to self-denial," She runs a hand along her dusky green flank, absently, "just because I find no pleasure in a tumble through the hay with a grog-addled farmboy nor cuddling a rank, pallid toad in order leech his purse. Or his lab facilities."
    She was warming to these people despite herself; the urbanity of the one versus the artificial doe-eyed innocence of the other two. Here was a pretty nest of vipers, to be sure.
    "Call me... ambitious instead. As I said, there is a kind of pleasure to be had in longing. But,"
    She says, suddenly, and with a queer kind of smile,
    "Why do you say that perfection is impossible?"
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2012-10-16 at 10:29 AM.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel laughs at Furude's statement. "I guess you could take it that way. I use that proverb to remind myself that you should 'Take all thinks in moderation' and that 'Every rule has an exception, especially' this one. And that someone more sensible, wise, and stable than me should handling philosophy."

She proceeds to watch Coquika as her words draw her interest.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

"Why do you say that perfection is impossible?"

Selena finally is genuinely interested in the conversation:

"It's worse than impossible. It's also undesirable. Perfection is what needs no change, what have no problem and what have no future. Life is essentially imperfect, flawed. That's what makes life interesting. It's continually changing, evolving. Perfection is just a dream, an abstraction.
    Anyway, it might helps. Like the abstract concept of a straight line helps an artisan, the mere idea of perfection may guide those so obsessed with auto improvement. It's just that believing perfection is actually reachable is big leap that sounds way delusional to me."
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Nicollo Corleone - The Scoundrel Malconvoker

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Minaerva - The Wild Caller from Rokiri Island.

Requiem Macabre Doc

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    With an arcane smile, Coquika shrugs,
    "No doubt you know better than I. But I'm surprised to see one so well-versed in the Art so quick to partition the possible from the impossible. How much broader is your idea of 'possible' now than it was when you first spun cantrips out of the air? So narrow-minded," she chides, "your imagination, I think, has been suffocated by time and by slowing progress: the idea of a plateau that is only an illusion."

9. - Top - End - #39

Furude Setsuna

With a raised eyebrow and faint smile, Setsuna begins to talk.

"Since our physical world has no bounds, we can never become perfect because there will always be more we can learn, more we can do. Perfection cannot be attained because our potential is limitless. There is no maximum 'level' of power or skill; it all just extrapolates upwards."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Selena hears Coquika, but before she can answer, she lets Furude express her opinions.

"See, Coquika? This young girl expressed better than me. You say I lack the imagination of a true caster. But it's quite the opposite. It's the very arcane art that taugh me 'perfection' is out of our grasp, by the very reason pretty much everything else is in our grasp. Confusing? Let me elaborate: If you can change something, such thing wasn't perfect. If you can change everything, than nothing is perfect.
    Now the question is: everything is bound to change? I believe that yes, everything is. If not by a powerful caster, than by the implacable force of time. Do you really think you could reach a state of perfection where you wouldn't need anything, anyone, any change, nothing could touch you or corrupt you? You can always change, for better or for worse."
    Show

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Requiem Macabre Doc

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    It's hard to tell, since her eyes are emerald green spheres, but Coquika might be rolling her eyes.
    "Yes, I thought of that too. Would it make you happier if I said that I work to be Ideal, rather than Perfect? Pick a thing, or a handful of things, and be the best that could ever be? But come, Sisters;"
    She claps her hands together with a ring of stone on stone,
    "If I am mad, then I am mad. But altogether I am pleased with my results so far. Let us speak of other things."
    She tilts her head in her avian way once more and extends a hand towards Selena.
    "Tell me of your recruitment efforts; You have had success? I would think Sabrina's creed is very palatable to the pragmatic, since we of Tishtina are more dreamers than reckoners."
    She does not mention Noctilia.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

"You see, there are a lot of people that think you'll find profligacy between Sabrina's ranks and nothing else. So people usually come and go. Come very excited and go very disappointed. They are slaves to their own emotions, don't matter how swift they are with their swords or how the arcane flows effortlessly in their veins, if they are fools all their talents can be used by someone clever.

If we can afford only one room, and there's a unimpressive but witty enchantress as well as a superb, but fool swordsman fighting for a place under Sabrina guidance, we keep the enchantress. The swordsman might serve us as a pawn, who knows?"
    Show

Requiem Macabre Doc

13. - Top - End - #43

Furude Setsuna

Nodding in agreement, Setsuna adds, "There's too many out there who join just hoping to get a cut of the money and sex. It's only those who understand the place of emotions in love, as an ephemeral medium of exchange and control, that are truly accepted. Of course, that's generally only for business," she grins and stretches. "For personal matters, I tend to be a lot more... emotional."

With this, she chuckles. "So, yeah, I guess you could say that recruitment's been pretty much normal lately..."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Coquika nods, accepting these views at face value. She then turns her attention to a more weighty topic.
    "Sisters," she says, clapping her hands again,
    "We should speak of things more important than my skin or the temple rota. Shall we speak of... the Prophecy? By now you must have caught rumor of it."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

"Yes... it sounds interesting."

She says this as if the weight of the world has fallen onto her shoulders. It doesn't seem to be a topic she takes lightly. Then again, who would make light of a something that could drastically alter their life?

16. - Top - End - #46

Furude Setsuna

"Ah, right... the Prophecy." Setsuna mutters. Running a finger along the stone and earth, she says in a curious voice, "The earth tells me that the champions will be coming here soon, to Glendira's temple. Don't know exactly when, though."

She smiles, and comments, "I do hope we'll be able to meet them..."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't know... they sound really dangerous. Besides, compared to them we probably are a bunch of freaks. No offense meant, Coquika. "

She looked around nervously.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Coquika frowns at Seraciel. "If you did not mean offense, then you should not have spoken offensively. I hold you intelligent enough to know what you will say before you say it."
    She shrugs. "But let it pass. The champions do not interest me; I was thinking more theologically. I think we each love our Goddess, and it is hard to think of Her changing, is it not?"
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2012-10-17 at 02:41 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Change is essential in the quest for perfection, is it not?
    Ly'Kalia had been silent till now, its a bit surprising to hear her speak.
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

"I was hoping you would not misconstrue the intention of my statement..." Sera defends herself meekly.

She then looks to the Marilith (Who was being talkative ) "Yes, we could assume the whole would be greater than the sum of whole parts. This could be true, if it were not for the conflicting portions of the Goddesses. The end result would probably considered an aberration at best, and I am going to have a fun time explaining why I worship a Goddess of Prostitution."

21. - Top - End - #51

Furude Setsuna

"While I do love Sabrina-sama the way she is now, I would support her if she decided that this change is for the best," speculates Setsuna.

Turning to Sera, she quirks an eyebrow. "Well, senpai, one would assume that the combined form of the three goddesses would take the best parts of each, no? Tishtina-sama's passion, Sabrina-sama's control, and Nocticula-sama's temptation. Then, would not their combined form be better, rather than worse?"

Pausing, she chuckles, "Or the final form could have multi-personality disorder... Now that would be a sight to see..."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

"Well, except that some would consider the benefits of one goddess detrimental to the others. Even if one believes temptation a positive trait, many others would disagree, for example. As for the gestalt personality... I would not know..."
    Her shoulders slump, and she stares at the ground glumly.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-10-17 at 04:32 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Coquika's body language turns frigid as the others discuss the triad so flippantly.
    "I... See," she murmurs. "You are all far more cavalier about it than I would ever presume to be."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

"I would not worry so much. My specualtion is largely baseless, and I don't find Tishtina to be the smiting type."She say, her eyes still aimed firmly at the ground.

25. - Top - End - #55

Furude Setsuna

Eyes widening in dismay, Setsuna leans over and hugs Sera tightly, whispering, "I shouldn't have brought that up, senpai... I'm so sorry... Please forgive me..."

Still holding onto Sera, she turns to Coquika and gives her a faint smile. "If Sabrina-sama feels that I have been out of line, she would likely send me a sign of disapproval. Besides, who are we to decide the fate of our goddesses...?"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera places a hand on the arms holding her. She tries to give Furude a reassuring smile."No need. It's not your fault. It's out of your hands"

She speaks up, this time addressing the group."But that's the problem, isn't it. All of this change, and we are powerless to do anything about it. I detest this feeling... it's like drowning..."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-10-17 at 06:14 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

Furude Setsuna

Setsuna smiles hesitantly at Sera and loosens her grip, although she does not let go completely. "Okay, senpai..."

In a slightly more chipper voice, she muses, "But maybe when the champions come, we might be able to make a difference... After all, they are the ones at the core of the matter, yes?"
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-10-17 at 09:12 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

"Perhaps. How much control they have of their own situation may be up to debate. I don't know enough at this point. I've been too busy with my studies to give the necessary attention to the prophecy."

She leans into Furude, and stares into the distance, lost in though.

29. - Top - End - #59

Furude Setsuna

"Mmm..." Setsuna hums as she sways back and forth. "I never thought of it that way... Do you think they know how much control they have? I wonder, I wonder..."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Seraciel let's Furude's motions move her, her eyes still transfixed on absolutely nothing.

"Probably not. If they are truly a part of this prophecy, it is most likely that they are already lost in the tides of fate. Even if they were aware, it might be to late for them to gain control of their lives again."

She continues to move with her friend. Waxing and waning, back and forth...