1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Table sized map of Khorvaire?

My PC's will be traveling across Khorvaire quite a bit and I'd like to be to give them a large detailed map of the entire continent. I've found a few good ones online but I'd like to enlarge it to roughly 4ft by 4ft so it serves as a backdrop for the campaign and in afraid it'll lose all of its detail if I make it that large.

Does anyone know how I can acomplish this?
    "The icy cold fingers of reason have choked the life out of this thread and despite all logic it keeps squirming", nope, it's dead.

"Occasionally I'd just like someone to quote me in their signature"
    -Invader

Epic threads with awesome revelations.

Awesome Avatar by Kymme!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Table sized map of Khorvaire?

Which image are you using? The 4th ed Eberron maps are ususally pretty large, they might be the best to scale up. Here's the Khorvaire map if you don't already have it.

As for programs, I've had some success with this online processor, but I've never tried enlarging things to that scale. Hmm, didn't seem to work for me at all using the image I linked above.

Edit: I tried a free program called SmillaEnlarger, and it seemed to work well. Not sure what type of quality you're looking for though. I enlarged this map of Khorvaire to 7471 pixels in width, which is approximately 99 inches. If you use the program, make sure you use the sharpen option. It works wonders.
    Last edited by Agent 451; 2012-10-15 at 11:04 PM.
    -------------∩____∩
    <:::::[]=0-|( ◡)| ノ\(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Link/Triforce and Reinhard von Lohengramm avatars by the talented Kymme!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

If you print out the map here on the 8 sheets of 8.5"x11" paper, you end up with a map roughly 2' 10" x 1' 10". A fair bit smaller than what you're looking for, but it does come out very nice; I did so myself.

This map has a similar resolution the Wizards one, but much crisper details. It might respond better than the Wizards version if you were to blow it up to double size or something.
    Last edited by Answerer; 2012-10-15 at 11:14 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

There's a PDF map here. It's not the prettiest, but it should scale well.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I've found both the maps you guys suggested and in def using omw if then just not sure which one yet. Thanks for the tips, I'll experiment a little bit tonight with your suggestions to see what I can get to work.
    "The icy cold fingers of reason have choked the life out of this thread and despite all logic it keeps squirming", nope, it's dead.

"Occasionally I'd just like someone to quote me in their signature"
    -Invader

Epic threads with awesome revelations.

Awesome Avatar by Kymme!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Some great maps here, considering printing one of these for the Eberron game I'm in (assuming I can do it under $20 or so).
    Rules that supersede Rule 0:

Rule -1: You're all there to have fun. The GM and the players should never do anything that would limit people's fun, for any in-game or real-life reason.

Rule -0.5 (corollary): That means that if someone's fun is getting in the way of other people's fun, that person needs to change how they're playing.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

If you can find a printing company that has a large format printer and laminator, It might actually be worth the investment should you expect to visit Khorvaire in more than one campagin.