Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 390 of 1513
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground
     
    jindra34's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Yes. Yes he is.

    Anyways.
    The more I think on the whole "broken bankai never get fixed", the more stupid it is.
    Why?
    Because of how wackily different most bankai are from the shikai.

    Take Renji. His shikai's construction is completely different than his bankai. More than that, both shikai and bankai seem to spontaneously generate new sections whenever they need to! When "retracted", the shikai has like 8 sub-blades. But he extends it way beyond that; his fight with Pink Hair had him wrap both of them toe-to-shoulder in at least 1 layer of blades. His bankai does the same thing, it's just freak-huge. So how does it losing 1 or 2 segments hurt it, when it spontaneously generates them!

    Byakuya's sword turns into exponentially more micro-blades. Are you telling me it takes permanent damage if a couple of those get chopped up?

    Or...crud, forgot his name. The Vizard with the knife. His bankai is totally unrelated, size/shape-wise. Are you saying if that weird ribbon tears in half, it chips that knife of his?

    Ikkaku's Bankai getting torn up is kind of his signature at this point; it's "weak" because it's entirely focused on attack, not because of sudden magic retcon.

    Really, it's silly. Silly because there's nothing prior to support it.

    And silly because Ichigo the Messianic FullVizQuingami will inevitably ignore this "rule" and fix his sword via meditation at the last moment. Or have Hat-n-Clogs fix it, whatever.

    At this point I'm reading because it's like a car wreck and I can't look away...
    Its more that damage to the Bankai can't be repaired ever. Not that damage to the Bankai also damages the Shikai and un-released forms.
    avatar by Three Shades
    Official Founder of the Defenders of the Kitsune, Nekomata, Tengu, Tanookie and Mujina. Please leave the Real World at the door.

  2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Its more that damage to the Bankai can't be repaired ever. Not that damage to the Bankai also damages the Shikai and un-released forms.
    Mayuri made it sound like Renji's shikai had taken damage/alteration.

  3. - Top - End - #363
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Franconia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    We've seen a handful of people in Soul Society that we saw as Pluses in the real world before getting sent to Soul Society,
    so they aren't reborn as babies on the spirit side.
    Yes, I mentioned this. These people might be exceptions, the results of being send "up" directly by a shinigami.
    As far as I remember, it is the shinigamis' job to protect and help lost pluses, but it was never mentioned
    that all pluses will start to haunt the world.
    Also, I wouldn't assume Bleach necessarily takes place on our Earth. If Soul Society would be the only place where spirits go to after death, then the real world would be equally small -- and we've only really seen Karakura Town of the real world. In fact, we haven't seen enough of Rukongai by far to have much adequate knowledge on the amount of people living there, do we? I think it might've been mentioned at some point early on, but it wasn't all that much relatively speaking.
    True, not too much about Soul Society's exact nature was ever mentioned.
    And unfortunately I don't think, we will ever see enough.

  4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Xondoure's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    I'm sure it's somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Mayuri made it sound like Renji's shikai had taken damage/alteration.
    Nah, all he said is that those segments were still broken. Which hasn't effected Renji because he has a ridiculous amount so he doesn't use those.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show


    3DS Friend Code: 3411-1771-4133
    Friend Safari: Dunsparce, Minccinno, Eevee

  5. - Top - End - #365
    Banned
     
    ThiagoMartell's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    Could have had them show up in a dramatic 'here comes the cavalry' moment though, at least. Even if it was just one or two of them, having them arrive into the middle of a fierce battle by what appears to basically be drop-pod to turn the tide against the enemy... that would have been cool.

    Instead, these five soldiers, who are apparently the equal of all Thirteen Divisions by themselves (despite apparently having had no direct combat experience in the past few millennia) wait until after the fighting is over to show up. You know, after the casualties are in the quadruple digits and the Captain-Commander is dead and most of Seireitei is a smoking ruin. This doesn't look like reinforcements or a group of heroic badasses showing up to save the day - it looks far more like a bunch of sequestered layabouts finally getting off their backsides and getting involved only when it's clear they have absolutely no other choice.

    I, for one, am hoping that someone rips into them over this. Maybe even Mayuri - he seemed irritated enough by the prospect of their arrival.
    To be fair, that's pretty much how military works. You don't see "oh, these guys are losing" and send your forces in. Your forces are where they are for a reason, after all. Division Zero was defending the Soul King. What if they went in to help and the whole attack on Soul Society was a feint? What if the true attack force was aimed at the Soul King?
    Their mission is to protect the King. Going down to help Soul Society would be abandoning their mission.

  6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Yeah, i newer really understood where the idea that it was a weak Bankai came from either.
    Because it is incredible power yet it has no finesse and it is slow. His opponents that are captain level would not try to block it instead they would try to dodge it (unless they also have overwhelming power and were just trying show off such as the tousen fight.) If your opponent is not a captain level opponent you don't need your bankai and overwhelming power to defeat him.

    His shikia is kinda better than his bankai. With it he creates a "ghostly" version of his giant that only has a single body part or so incorporeal at a time (such as the sword and arm.) It has less destructive power (since the whole body is not in the real world and thus doesn't have mass) but you can't hurt Komamura via attack the giant, as well as the fact it follows Komamura around when Komamura moves so you do not need to worry about maneuvering a 300ft tall megazord size giant around.

  7. - Top - End - #367
    Banned
     
    ThiagoMartell's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Let's play a game? It's called Remember When Bleach Was Good. I'll start.

    Remember when Bleach was good? Back in the first volumes, before Ishida was properly introduced he was in the background in several panels and Ichigo almost bumped into him once.

  8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Let's play a game? It's called Remember When Bleach Was Good. I'll start.

    Remember when Bleach was good? Back in the first volumes, before Ishida was properly introduced he was in the background in several panels and Ichigo almost bumped into him once.
    I remember when Bleach was good. The leader Vizard dude is in like, one of the very first pictures of the series. It's been mentioned before.

    I contest that, if you sort of just ignore the whole "how does Soul Sociaty actually work? Why are ghosts bleeding, how do ghosts die, how do ghosts GET BORN" thing, the Soul Sociaty arc was actually really good. It all went down hill from there, with only the occasional spike upwards when Grimjow, Byakuya, or Kenpachi did something awesome or hilarious.

    I still contest that Kenpachi's "secret fighting style" is a legit sensible thing that people should of saw coming.
    Shin Megami Tensei FS: Season Two!

    Additionaly: OOC Thread!

    Lets Watch: RWBY, an experiment in self torture.

    Avatar by Elder Tsofu. Thanks!

  9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Because it is incredible power yet it has no finesse and it is slow. His opponents that are captain level would not try to block it instead they would try to dodge it (unless they also have overwhelming power and were just trying show off such as the tousen fight.) If your opponent is not a captain level opponent you don't need your bankai and overwhelming power to defeat him.

    His shikia is kinda better than his bankai. With it he creates a "ghostly" version of his giant that only has a single body part or so incorporeal at a time (such as the sword and arm.) It has less destructive power (since the whole body is not in the real world and thus doesn't have mass) but you can't hurt Komamura via attack the giant, as well as the fact it follows Komamura around when Komamura moves so you do not need to worry about maneuvering a 300ft tall megazord size giant around.
    Yeah, and i dont see this as a point for why its weak, this just makes it specialized.
    And when Hollow Godzilla starts chewing up Tokyo, i certainly know who my favorite pick would be to kick it back into the ocean

    (I wasn closely considering old man Genocide for the role though )
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  10. - Top - End - #370
    Banned
     
    ThiagoMartell's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I remember when Bleach was good. The leader Vizard dude is in like, one of the very first pictures of the series. It's been mentioned before.
    Yeah, but that is only his face. It's just the design, basically. I'm not sure if it's actually foreshadowing something.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I contest that, if you sort of just ignore the whole "how does Soul Sociaty actually work? Why are ghosts bleeding, how do ghosts die, how do ghosts GET BORN" thing, the Soul Sociaty arc was actually really good. It all went down hill from there, with only the occasional spike upwards when Grimjow, Byakuya, or Kenpachi did something awesome or hilarious.
    Agreed. I remember the scene where Ichigo finally confronts Aizen, after kicking everyone's ass, charges into him... gets blocked with ONE FINGER and CUT IN HALF. That was probably the best worfing I ever read.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I still contest that Kenpachi's "secret fighting style" is a legit sensible thing that people should of saw coming.
    I loved that. It was awesome. Kenpachi is Bleach's "Double Impact" Tawara and it shows.

  11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Yeah, and i dont see this as a point for why its weak, this just makes it specialized.
    And when Hollow Godzilla starts chewing up Tokyo, i certainly know who my favorite pick would be to kick it back into the ocean

    (I wasn closely considering old man Genocide for the role though )
    I would agree that his bankai is not weak. It is just usefull or useless depending on the situation and the vast majority of times we have seen it it has been useless.

    And even during the times it is useful, another person's bankai would have been nearly as effective.

    Contrast that to Byakuya Kuchiki bankai which is a far more versatile bankai. Byakuya would have had the same result (and probably the same time or faster) if he went up against arrancar Choe Neng Poww (the whale/giant shaped arrancar Komamura fought) as Komamura did when he fought Choe Neng Poww.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2012-11-16 at 08:39 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Yeah, but that is only his face. It's just the design, basically. I'm not sure if it's actually foreshadowing something.

    Agreed. I remember the scene where Ichigo finally confronts Aizen, after kicking everyone's ass, charges into him... gets blocked with ONE FINGER and CUT IN HALF. That was probably the best worfing I ever read.

    I loved that. It was awesome. Kenpachi is Bleach's "Double Impact" Tawara and it shows.
    If Kubo was a good writer it'd be foreshadowing. It's things like this that, again, make me sad and hate Bleach. At almost every turn, you can find stuff that "if Kubo knew how to write", the series would be fantastic. Wasted potential, it makes me sad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    I would agree that his bankai is not weak. It is just usefull or useless depending on the situation and the vast majority of times we have seen it it has been useless.

    And even during the times it is useful, another person's bankai would have been nearly as effective.

    Contrast that to Byakuya Kuchiki bankai which is a far more versatile bankai. Byakuya would have had the same result (and probably the same time or faster) if he went up against arrancar Choe Neng Poww (the whale/giant shaped arrancar Komamura fought) as Komamura did when he fought Choe Neng Poww.
    Also about Komamura's Bankai, the reason why people think it's so weak is because of it's "weakness". Ie, it's a huge target, and hurting it hurts the user. Being such a big target, with that type of damage transference, is a huge weakness.
    Shin Megami Tensei FS: Season Two!

    Additionaly: OOC Thread!

    Lets Watch: RWBY, an experiment in self torture.

    Avatar by Elder Tsofu. Thanks!

  13. - Top - End - #373
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    In an apartment:-)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    First the plot point with Ichigo Bankai being is is a total forcing of the story to put him on the path towards using the Quincy powers. Hate this Chapter for doing that. On the good side nice to see Kon again.

    As for when Bleach was still good, before Ichigo lost his Soul Reaper powers at the end of the Arrancar arc. Maybe even before going to Hueco Mundo.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

  14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morph Bark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Freljord

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    During the Hueco Mundo arc it was still pretty good. For me it mainly went downhill when Aizen became a main feature in the chapters and things started to get dragged out a whole lot.

    All the numbered chapters should've been condensed. No 16+ Deicide chapters, Yamadammit.
    Strawberries = awesome avatarist.
    Current Projects:
    EMPIRE! -- A Community World-Building Game full of role-playing and strategy
    Analyzing RPG Systems
    Spoiler
    Show
    Campaign setting! Homebrew Tier Compendium! NPCs!
    FanFiction.net | DeviantART | Homebrewer's Signature

  15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Friv's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Agreed. I remember the scene where Ichigo finally confronts Aizen, after kicking everyone's ass, charges into him... gets blocked with ONE FINGER and CUT IN HALF. That was probably the best worfing I ever read.
    Oh man. I was still watching the anime back then, and they went all-out with it. The theme music started up, Renji set it up, Ichigo swept in, and then.

    And then.

    Bam! Music just dies mid-lyric.

    I got shivers. It played so perfectly with my expectations that I didn't see it coming at all.

    It's funny. I remember when I was first telling people that Bleach was great, and I said "The writer just introduced twenty new characters, over the span of two episodes, and I remember every one of them and they've all got interesting relationships; they feel like an actual organization of friends and comrades who've been together for a long time, not just a bunch of characters thrown at the screen. Twenty characters, and they all matter."

    I think I might be tearing up.
    Patchwork Magisters - Volume III is now available! You know, if you like that sort of thing.

    Which you do.

  16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground
     
    thubby's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    just realized something.
    kubo just screwed his own canon.

    ichigo's coat is PART OF HIS BANKAI, it gets mangled regularly.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    gnome_4ever:

  17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Oh man. I was still watching the anime back then, and they went all-out with it. The theme music started up, Renji set it up, Ichigo swept in, and then.

    And then.

    Bam! Music just dies mid-lyric.

    I got shivers. It played so perfectly with my expectations that I didn't see it coming at all.

    It's funny. I remember when I was first telling people that Bleach was great, and I said "The writer just introduced twenty new characters, over the span of two episodes, and I remember every one of them and they've all got interesting relationships; they feel like an actual organization of friends and comrades who've been together for a long time, not just a bunch of characters thrown at the screen. Twenty characters, and they all matter."

    I think I might be tearing up.
    Bolded for one of the reasons I love Bleach. THIS is what Bleach SHOULD of been.
    Shin Megami Tensei FS: Season Two!

    Additionaly: OOC Thread!

    Lets Watch: RWBY, an experiment in self torture.

    Avatar by Elder Tsofu. Thanks!

  18. - Top - End - #378
    Banned
     
    ThiagoMartell's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Ichigo's coat is the 'timer' of his bankai, I don't think that counts.

  19. - Top - End - #379
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    the state of damage of Ichigo's clothing represents his Reiatsu level. its not related to his bankai, per se.

  20. - Top - End - #380
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Dante & Vergil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    I'm sure it's been brought up, but if not, to repair bankais, just get Orihime as Soul Societies residential Mechanic, and now I kind think it'd be funny if this happens... I'd like it too.

  21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    It says something where, in a series, a character having the ability to just rewrite reality on a whim is HOPED TO HAPPEN MORE OFTEN.

    It's like a character having the power of Deus ex Machina, and never using it.
    Shin Megami Tensei FS: Season Two!

    Additionaly: OOC Thread!

    Lets Watch: RWBY, an experiment in self torture.

    Avatar by Elder Tsofu. Thanks!

  22. - Top - End - #382
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Delusion's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Didn't Ishida destroy Mayuri's Bankai in the SS arc? Only for it be fixed by when he fought the pink haired arrancar?
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

    Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

    I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120

  23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maugan Ra's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Quote Originally Posted by Delusion View Post
    Didn't Ishida destroy Mayuri's Bankai in the SS arc? Only for it be fixed by when he fought the pink haired arrancar?
    Yup. Shot it through the face with an overpowered arrow, and dealt sufficient damage to actually cut the damn thing entirely in half. Lengthwise.

    So yeah. It's oddly hilarious that it's Mayuri of all people telling Ichigo about this. Kubo has apparently forgotten that. Again.

    I tend to find that I like all of the different characters in Bleach, and how I feel about the different arcs tends to revolve entirely around which characters are involved. The actual plot becomes almost irrelevent.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

    Kharal Zhou, Fire Aspect of Lookshy:

    Image and avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

    Taskforce Dragon: IC, OoC

  24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Quote Originally Posted by Delusion View Post
    Didn't Ishida destroy Mayuri's Bankai in the SS arc? Only for it be fixed by when he fought the pink haired arrancar?
    Mayuri also has a self destruct protocol for his bankai which seems to do no harm to his bankai as well.

  25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    Yup. Shot it through the face with an overpowered arrow, and dealt sufficient damage to actually cut the damn thing entirely in half. Lengthwise.

    So yeah. It's oddly hilarious that it's Mayuri of all people telling Ichigo about this. Kubo has apparently forgotten that. Again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Mayuri also has a self destruct protocol for his bankai which seems to do no harm to his bankai as well.
    So taking this into account, Mayuri's talking out his butt and should be ignored.

    Again, even if he's "right", we all know it doesn't matter. Ichigo will just get his sword fixed via either meditation, or Orihime, or being a FullVizQuinGami, or being orange-haired, or some other super-special-snowflake reason.

    Seriously, why not just say "it takes a lot of meditation with your blade to fix this sort of damage, and we're on a time crunch, so hurry up that meditation, Ichigo!"? It'd be the same result and feel less arbitrary.

  26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    So taking this into account, Mayuri's talking out his butt and should be ignored.

    Again, even if he's "right", we all know it doesn't matter. Ichigo will just get his sword fixed via either meditation, or Orihime, or being a FullVizQuinGami, or being orange-haired, or some other super-special-snowflake reason.

    Seriously, why not just say "it takes a lot of meditation with your blade to fix this sort of damage, and we're on a time crunch, so hurry up that meditation, Ichigo!"? It'd be the same result and feel less arbitrary.
    He has to give a reason to change Ichigo's design again. MUST HAVE ANOTHER FORM CHANGE.
    Shin Megami Tensei FS: Season Two!

    Additionaly: OOC Thread!

    Lets Watch: RWBY, an experiment in self torture.

    Avatar by Elder Tsofu. Thanks!

  27. - Top - End - #387
    Troll in the Playground
     
    thubby's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    Yup. Shot it through the face with an overpowered arrow, and dealt sufficient damage to actually cut the damn thing entirely in half. Lengthwise.

    So yeah. It's oddly hilarious that it's Mayuri of all people telling Ichigo about this. Kubo has apparently forgotten that. Again.

    I tend to find that I like all of the different characters in Bleach, and how I feel about the different arcs tends to revolve entirely around which characters are involved. The actual plot becomes almost irrelevent.
    to be fair, it's mayuri. he said he modified his bankai. considering his personal modifications include functional invincibility, are you really surprised?
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    gnome_4ever:

  28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Grad. School
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    I think the real question is whether or not Ishida's attack actually damaged the bankai. It might have, and we've just never seen it. Or not. Or this could all be a giant asspull. I don't think anyone can definitively say at this point.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

  29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Drolyt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn183 View Post
    I think the real question is whether or not Ishida's attack actually damaged the bankai. It might have, and we've just never seen it. Or not. Or this could all be a giant asspull. I don't think anyone can definitively say at this point.
    Have we seen Mayuri's bankai since then?
    I am willing and able to evaluate and critique homebrew material. PM me a link if you want an evaluation or a critique. If this applies to you too, put this in your sig.

  30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground
     
    jindra34's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

    Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Have we seen Mayuri's bankai since then?
    During the Syzal fight, where it blew up.
    avatar by Three Shades
    Official Founder of the Defenders of the Kitsune, Nekomata, Tengu, Tanookie and Mujina. Please leave the Real World at the door.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •