New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

Quote Originally Posted by Dscherro View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealing Ichigo's fullbringer power to make himself and the others stronger. I think that was all. Kind of underwhelming.
    Oh well, I hope we see Tsukishima trollkill one of the really evil quincy, like Mayuri did with Granz. That's allways awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I imagine it could become possible for him to overload someone's brains by introducing so many new memories, over and over again, that they physically just can't handle it anymore. Brain commits suicide. Semi-logical, mostly just gorey.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

2. - Top - End - #572
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

Stealing Ichigo's fullbringer power to make himself and the others stronger. I think that was all. Kind of underwhelming.
    Oh well, I hope we see Tsukishima trollkill one of the really evil quincy, like Mayuri did with Granz. That's allways awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, if that really was his goal, then training under the cannon dudes is indeed working towards it.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So Tsukishima actually did die. Huh. Also, totally Grimmjow: the combination of his speech patterns, and being able to see his arm (he and Baraggan are the only Espada to wear short-sleeved shirts, and Baraggan has huge arms) and pants pretty much seals it.
    The New Soulknife Handbook!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    And there I was thinking that Midichlorian counts were a variety of force-sensitive hereditary noble- most notably Dooku.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I hadn't thought about it yet, but he could always have used his powers on Shiba and Ganju.

Also, Rukongai isn't the place-between-worlds. Rukongai is the slums of Soul Society.

And thinking about it, what was Tsukishima's goal anyway again? He was a pretty great character, especially powers-wise and how he used them, but I can't for the life of me recall what his exact goal was. Dying could easily change one's goals, I'd presume. If not, helping save the world always sounds like a good idea, and he could always get back to his plans afterwards.
    Ah, right, forgot that. Thus making it quite possible he used it on Shiba and Ganju.

Tsukishima's plans, other then stealing the fullbring powers, was..probably just to be a winner? I don't know.

Spoiler
    Show

I think it would be cooler if Tsukishima made one of them his servent, rather then killing him. But he could kill him, yha.

Spoiler
    Show
    I imagine it could become possible for him to overload someone's brains by introducing so many new memories, over and over again, that they physically just can't handle it anymore. Brain commits suicide. Semi-logical, mostly just gorey.
    That's explicitly possible and almost happened to Chad and Orohime, so yes.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Tsukishima's plans, other then stealing the fullbring powers, was..probably just to be a winner? I don't know.
    IIRC, Tsukishima didn't have a plan. He was following Ginjo's plan, and just doing whatever advanced Ginjo's goals because he was a loyal friend.

Ginjo wanted to steal Ichigo's powers, in part to get stronger and in large part out of bitterness that Soul Society had accepted Ichigo and not him. There may have been a Phase 2 to his plan - his suggestion that they would have to keep Mr. Lucky 7 from getting any of Ichigo's powers or else he'd be too great a threat seemed to indicate such - but we didn't get to learn it because he got stabbed to death.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

6. - Top - End - #576

..that occurs to me, the Jackpot Knuckle kid must be incredibly sour about life right now. He totally said he'd take care of Tsukishima and make him all better. And he's dead.

Here's hoping we met up with the PSP kid and the others. I kinda cared about them (if only because they got decent fights. Jackpot vs Ikakau was great, since it had Ikakau in it).

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

Jackpot Kid (Shishigawara?) vs Ikkaku was also awesome because it was the first time Ikkaku got in over his head without expecting it. Didn't he even lose that fight?

He wasn't even officially a member of Xcution (which is still a terrible name) and yet out of all the Fullbringers he was one of the most likeable. Too bad he can't punch life, because his is pretty unlucky.

8. - Top - End - #578

Jackpot Kid (Shishigawara?) vs Ikkaku was also awesome because it was the first time Ikkaku got in over his head without expecting it. Didn't he even lose that fight?

He wasn't even officially a member of Xcution (which is still a terrible name) and yet out of all the Fullbringers he was one of the most likeable. Too bad he can't punch life, because his is pretty unlucky.
    Naw, Ikkaku won by headbutting him. After his shikai and I think his bankai got smashed by triple sevens on the jackpot. The fight featured a lot of humerour moments too, like Ikkaku just...holding Shishigawara's head while he tried to swing at him, abusing the fact that he's so short he can't reach if held back.

I'll say this much. Atleast half of the Fullbringer fights were cool. Renji vs the Dirty Boots lady was silly, Kenpachi vs the chrono geezer was...a fight? Technically. Byakuya vs Tsukishima was actually legitimately cool and had some great elements from both sides of the fight.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-11-29 at 12:03 PM.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Banned

Dirty Boots is the lamest power EVER.

10. - Top - End - #580

Be that as it may, it's also hilarious.

If you ignore why she has the power, of course.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-11-29 at 01:46 PM.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Firbolg in the Playground

I admit, I'm personally fond of the Hitsugaya vs PSP-kid fight. Mostly because the latter starts ranting about his motives and tragic backstory, and Hitsugaya just uses the opportunity to appear behind him and nearly stab him in the back.

90% of the fights in Bleach could be improved by something like that.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    I admit, I'm personally fond of the Hitsugaya vs PSP-kid fight. Mostly because the latter starts ranting about his motives and tragic backstory, and Hitsugaya just uses the opportunity to appear behind him and nearly stab him in the back.
    That was underhanded, and violated rules of genre. Everyone knows that when a villain starts to rant good guys are supposed to listen.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Banned

90% of the fights in Bleach could be improved by something like that.
    Because following genre conventions is wrong.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

It just occurred to me,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Should Ginjo still have his shinigami powers, wouldn't that make him a proper shinigami now? Ok, the difference to a substitute seems to be neglectable, I remember Byakuka mentioning something like higher resistance to damage during his fight with Ichigo. As pluses with high spirit power, Giriko and Tsukishima should now be able to become shinigami, too.
    Also, Gameboys full name is Yukio Hans Vorarlberna. Was this ever mentioned in the manga? Sounds like a possible arrancar name, with that gratitious foreign.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

It just occurred to me,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Should Ginjo still have his shinigami powers, wouldn't that make him a proper shinigami now? Ok, the difference to a substitute seems to be neglectable, I remember Byakuka mentioning something like higher resistance to damage during his fight with Ichigo. As pluses with high spirit power, Giriko and Tsukishima should now be able to become shinigami, too.
    Also, Gameboys full name is Yukio Hans Vorarlberna. Was this ever mentioned in the manga? Sounds like a possible arrancar name, with that gratitious foreign.
    Except most arrancar names are Spanish. Hans Vorarlberna sounds more German, so that'd technically make him a Quincy. Oh, no! Does that mean Bach's hideout is in one of Yukio's pocket dimensions!?

16. - Top - End - #586

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the genre conventions. And yeah, OK, if 90% of Bleach fights involved them actually doing that I'd probably dislike it more than the current setup. The joy was probably in the subversion of the convention, really.

Anyway, on our latest few comics... I actually find myself growing fond of the big guy from Squad 0. Mostly because he's always smiling, and I get the impression he's one of those people who lives every second of his life in an over-the-top fashion.

...actually, I think I've just worked it out. It's because I've been reading all his lines as though they were being spoken by BRIAN BLESSED (Caps lock necessary).
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the genre conventions. And yeah, OK, if 90% of Bleach fights involved them actually doing that I'd probably dislike it more than the current setup. The joy was probably in the subversion of the convention, really.

Anyway, on our latest few comics... I actually find myself growing fond of the big guy from Squad 0. Mostly because he's always smiling, and I get the impression he's one of those people who lives every second of his life in an over-the-top fashion.

...actually, I think I've just worked it out. It's because I've been reading all his lines as though they were being spoken by BRIAN BLESSED (Caps lock necessary).
    Yeah, the reintroduction of the Fullbringers was a surprise for me. However currently its still in the category of "these guys are NOT out of the story yet! (Same thing with Grimmijow)

The Real interesting points this week besides the exact means of "Fixing" Tensa Zengetsu were why Ganju was hanging out with the Fullbringers and assuming Tsukishima hasn't messed with the Shibas' memories it appears that they are Ichigo's cousins. Which would explain Kaien and Ichigo's similarities.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, thats one of the reasons for why he is one of my favorite Captains, that and when he tried to kill an opponent before he had finished his powerup transformation.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

19. - Top - End - #589
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Lord View Post
    Except most arrancar names are Spanish. Hans Vorarlberna sounds more German, so that'd technically make him a Quincy. Oh, no! Does that mean Bach's hideout is in one of Yukio's pocket dimensions!?
    Mostly true, but we also have Louisenbairn, Odelschwanck, Gingerbuck, Cifer, Ebern etc.
    And the fullbringers are close to hollows, so...

PS
    I really preferred some of the inofficial romanizations (especially Tia over Tier), but oh well.

20. - Top - End - #590

OldWizardGuy

The Espada have theme naming; each of them is based on an architect. That's why some of them sound so strange.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    The Espada have theme naming; each of them is based on an architect. That's why some of them sound so strange.
    Could you list those architects then? Or provide a source? First time I hear of this.

22. - Top - End - #592

Could you list those architects then? Or provide a source? First time I hear of this.
    Me neither. I'm curious.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

23. - Top - End - #593

OldWizardGuy

I read it on the internet. Wiki seems to agree.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Unfortunately neither wiki nor Bleach wiki provide an origin for all names.
    This is the most complete list I found:
    http://www.bleachanime.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32745
    Yammy is missing, but he was apparently named after Hisila Yami.
    For the other arrancar: if they also follow the theme naming, it's kind of hard to find out, beacause of the sometimes very different spelling. No idea, if Sanderwicci is named after an inventor/architect, but Cirucci is a proper surname, and the other two privaron seem to follow the theme (however, I couldn't find any Gantenbainne).

25. - Top - End - #595

It just occurred to me,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    The real concern (beyond the fact that Kubo cannot let go of characters) is Trollzen getting Shinigami powers and a matching troll z-pac. Also, unless something is explained, that butler should be in hell right now.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

26. - Top - End - #596

New chap is up, and more back-filling is taking place.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The real concern (beyond the fact that Kubo cannot let go of characters) is Trollzen getting Shinigami powers and a matching troll z-pac. Also, unless something is explained, that butler should be in hell right now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Possibly being a murderer does not, in and of itself, make you sufficiently evil to be hellbound. The only guy we ever saw go to hell was, after all, a serial killer who tortured children.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Possibly being a murderer does not, in and of itself, make you sufficiently evil to be hellbound. The only guy we ever saw go to hell was, after all, a serial killer who tortured children.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Makes you wonder if the SS is kinda the area where the more neutral people end up (for awhile then sent back to try again) with the the really good ones going to where the Spirit King is and the evil ones to hell.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

I never paid much attention to title pages because they were either mostly blank or black or at least neutral, but this was different.

Spoiler
    Show
    The healing technique makes little sense. Hot spring water for blood? What?

The Spirit King is probably going to look like Kubo with his hair slicked back.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, everything is made of reiryoku so a "spiritual enema" might be enough. He's basically replacing all the injured reiatsu with clean stuff. As we know, the reiatsu in the Royal Dimension is special. Presumably that's why the spring is so effective.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."