New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

..... wait, is this a hypothetical thing, or are you guys serious about Yoruichi about to use her Zanpacto for once?

I finally shake my blasted addiction to Bleach, only to see this thread and become curious again. Now I see your comments, and wonder if I picked the wrong time to finally get myself out.... but after killing Yamamoto and yanking the hell out of my chain with Kenpachi and Byakuya, the former not even getting a fight, and then the whole Squad Zero thing..... it'd probably take seeing Unohana's Bankai or Orihime, Chad and Uryu being relevant again to get me definitely back in...

... has either of those happened yet?
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

2. - Top - End - #632
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    ..... wait, is this a hypothetical thing, or are you guys serious about Yoruichi about to use her Zanpacto for once?

I finally shake my blasted addiction to Bleach, only to see this thread and become curious again. Now I see your comments, and wonder if I picked the wrong time to finally get myself out.... but after killing Yamamoto and yanking the hell out of my chain with Kenpachi and Byakuya, the former not even getting a fight, and then the whole Squad Zero thing..... it'd probably take seeing Unohana's Bankai or Orihime, Chad and Uryu being relevant again to get me definitely back in...

... has either of those happened yet?
    Unohana's is a stingray, we know that from before. And urahara and the sidediches are in hueco mundo (with possibly grimmjow)
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

3. - Top - End - #633
    Banned

By "possibly", Socratov means "yeah, it's Grimmjow, we all know it, 100%, no chance it's not him, c'mon, Kubo, just tell us it's Grimmjow already"

4. - Top - End - #634
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Unohana's is a stingray, we know that from before. And urahara and the sidediches are in hueco mundo (with possibly grimmjow)
    I thought Stingray was her Shikai for some reason...
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

5. - Top - End - #635
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

It is her shikai.
    Howerver, since shikai and bankai are never too different, it should have something to do with healing. It might even be possible that her bankai has no offensive abilities, which would suck, but at least it would explain, why she is rarely fighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Lord View Post
    Perhaps their bankai have area effects and can't control who they target. Ukitake was pretty adamant that Shunsui not use his "where people can see," while fighting Starrk.
    Most likely. Shunsui's bankai could be a gigantic gameshow of death, forcing everyone who's seen it to participate. And there can be only one winner.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dscherro View Post
    Most likely. Shunsui's bankai could be a gigantic gameshow of death, forcing everyone who's seen it to participate. And there can be only one winner.
    Loser gets decapitated!
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

7. - Top - End - #637
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Loser gets decapitated!
    Shunsui has the Highlander Bankai?!?

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Unohana's shikia is a sting/manta ray.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

9. - Top - End - #639
    Troll in the Playground

I thought it was her bankai. then maybe a terrain effect? or soemthing supidly powerful, I mean, people fear her, like true fear. (thoguh that could stem from great chakrareiatsu control and thus amazing kido abilites)
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'm still calling that Unohana's Bankai makes everyone around her suffer all the wounds they've ever taken simultaneously.

Obviously, it's more effective the more experienced (and presumably, powerful) her opponent.

Hence why she never fights, she can't afford to get injured.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn183 View Post
    I'm still calling that Unohana's Bankai makes everyone around her suffer all the wounds they've ever taken simultaneously.

Obviously, it's more effective the more experienced (and presumably, powerful) her opponent.

Hence why everyone else is so afraid of her.

"Remember the couple of times you've almost died, as a young shinigami?"
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn183 View Post

That would be awesome! But I always thought, this is what Hanatarou's bankai would look like, I he ever gets one.

Loser gets decapitated!
    Not in the anime, when it returns. Here the loser will be stabbed, and everyone treats it inappropriately, as if nobody ever suffered worse wounds.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Banned

I'm not so sure if the anime will ever return.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    I'm not so sure if the anime will ever return.
    The anime will never return because it was replaced by Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth, a spin off comedy series with chibified Naruto characters. If you get REPLACED by that, you're never coming back.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    The anime will never return because it was replaced by Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth, a spin off comedy series with chibified Naruto characters. If you get REPLACED by that, you're never coming back.
    I wrote the previous comment half-expecting you would mention that again. It cracks me up every time I read it.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yeah, I know, but I won't give up my hope yet. I liked the anime, I even didn't mind all the filler arcs. And Inuyasha came back, too. So maybe, if the manga doesn't completely lose it, or leaves the top 10 once and for all...

17. - Top - End - #647

I wrote the previous comment half-expecting you would mention that again. It cracks me up every time I read it.
    It is required to be mentioned every time it is brought up. We must never forget. It's too fantastic.

Yeah, I know, but I won't give up my hope yet. I liked the anime, I even didn't mind all the filler arcs. And Inuyasha came back, too. So maybe, if the manga doesn't completely lose it, or leaves the top 10 once and for all...
    The problem with it coming back is that it'd only have one arc to do, the one currently being done in manga. I think the best you can hope for is maybe an OAV

18. - Top - End - #648
    Barbarian in the Playground

Considering that Bleach's total volume sales dropped from 4.1 million in 2011 (good for 8th) to 2.9 million in 2012 (good for 12th), that's not the best if conditional to state :P

Granted, total volume sales is usually a misleading figure to use, but I dunno how else to define 'top 10' as without further clarity.
    Thanks to Meirnon for the avatar
    One Punch-Man: I became the hero I had always dreamed of being. But how can it be that, even though I should be satisfied, I feel so empty?...
    Gag manga story by One, artwork by Murata Yusuke of Eyeshield 21 fame
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #649
    Banned

Dude, Inuyasha was a sure hit by Rumiko Takahashi. She is the best selling female comic author of all time. Anything that woman touches sells well. I can't remember any other manga author with as many hits as she had. Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku, Mermaid Saga, One Pound Gospel...
    Hell, even Yoshihiro Togashi only has 3 successful series under his belt and Jump basically allows him to work whenever the damn he pleases to do so.

Rumiko Takahashi writes money. Inuyasha coming back was a sure thing.

Bleach is, well... Kubo's hail mary pass to avoid sadly fading into obscurity.
    Last edited by ThiagoMartell; 2012-12-09 at 12:25 AM.

20. - Top - End - #650

An inactive Togashi outperforms an active Kubo, while we're at it.

(explanation: Hunter X Hunter vol 30 was released in Japan on April 4 and has racked up 1.09 million sales through November 18, good for 10th most popular volume of the year. The guy's been on hiatus since like... March)

(oh, right, Bleach volume sales are in the 600k+, 700k+ region this year)
    Last edited by Somewhere; 2012-12-09 at 12:39 AM.
    One Punch-Man: I became the hero I had always dreamed of being. But how can it be that, even though I should be satisfied, I feel so empty?...
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #651
    Troll in the Playground

Hunter x Hunter does better than Bleach because it is awesome. As for Inuyasha, you have to remember that it was a huge international hit. Not bringing it back would have been insane from a financial standpoint. Bleach never approached that level of popularity, although internationally it was more popular than One Piece or Naruto and was the least butchered of the American translations, I don't know if financially that is enough to save it since international interest in Japanese comics/animation has been steadily falling over the past several years.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Banned

Man, I want Hunter x Hunter back.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I don't really expect the anime back, I just hope for it, because even if Bleach has become quite stupid this days, I want everything properly finished. And it always had a nicer pacing then the manga, the music was good and stupid plot twists didn't bug me that much, because I accepted them a long time ago. Even most of the filler were kind of ok. I would dare to say that even when retarded things happened, the anime was more enjoyable then the manga, which is rare (for me, at least). It was an important part of my weekly dosage of guilty peasure material
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    An inactive Togashi outperforms an active Kubo, while we're at it.

(explanation: Hunter X Hunter vol 30 was released in Japan on April 4 and has racked up 1.09 million sales through November 18, good for 10th most popular volume of the year. The guy's been on hiatus since like... March)

(oh, right, Bleach volume sales are in the 600k+, 700k+ region this year)
    Hahahahahahaha, not even the million? Damn it, Kubo, don't get it cancelled before this arc is finished.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Titan in the Playground

Hell, even Yoshihiro Togashi only has 3 successful series under his belt and Jump basically allows him to work whenever the damn he pleases to do so.
    How successful was Level E? I presume that's the third one you're talking about, after Hunter x Hunter and YuYu Hakusho.

Hahahahahahaha, not even the million? Damn it, Kubo, don't get it cancelled before this arc is finished.
    Guess: he'll be more likely to cancel it himself, right before the chapter where the BBEG gets killed. Or the chapter where the Spirit King gets killed and everything stops existing.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Banned

How successful was Level E? I presume that's the third one you're talking about, after Hunter x Hunter and YuYu Hakusho.
    Level E is very short, so it's hard to measure it against other big names, which tend to be long-runners. Every Japanese exchange student I've talked with knew what it was, though, and most of them were not that into manga.
    I don't know. It's very well written anyway.

Also, don't think Bleach is getting canceled. Despite volume sales, it's been climbing back up within Shounen Jump's inner popularity rankings.
    Last edited by ThiagoMartell; 2012-12-09 at 07:24 AM.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, recently Bleach appears to have been getting back some popularity. I presume this is because it has left behind its more long-winded scenes and the out-of-placeness of the Fullbring arc.

I mean, if you were to take this arc as the start of a new manga, it would be about a shinigami discovering new heights of the spirit world and his Quincy heritage (and developing his Quincy powers, presumably). Kind of like how the start of Bleach was about a boy discovering the spirit world and developing his shinigami powers.

Though taken as a whole, it just makes Bleach seem a little circular.

27. - Top - End - #657

The recent spike seems to be due to the chapters about Yamamoto, as I asked earlier. So with that out of the way, what's more telling will be the next few weeks of poll results.

Although, I did read somewhere that Shueisha doesn't care for poll results if you can still sell at least 500k a volume. So I think that Kubo will be able to finish on his own terms.

(aside: what doesn't mesh with this information is Medaka Box's continued survival. It racked up 1.1 million copies sold in 2012 over five volumes; or an average of ~220k a volume. It's been garbage in the polls for at least a year now. Its tv ratings were.... ok I enough I guess for a 1:50 AM series to get a 2nd season? Its disc sales average less than 1k, where the context is low 4 digits is average, high 4 digits is very good, and 10k+ is top 100 selling series since 2000. WHY IS MEDAKA BOX STILL ALIVE?)
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #658

Medaka Box is still alive because someone up in the sky loves it for absolutely no reason.

Also, I know for sure Bleach isn't going to get suddenly canceled on us. As far as it's fallen in it's life, it's got tenure, and will be allowed to go out how Kubo wants it to.

Also, wow. I didn't realize Inuyasha's mangaka was so powerful.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Troll in the Playground

They also pay him better than any other artist, or so I've heard. To be fair, check out this link. Yu Yu Hakusho is the tenth best selling Shonen Jump manga ever, Hunter x Hunter is the eighth. On the other hand Bleach is the sixth, so I wouldn't expect it to just be dropped that easily. Also to be fair the hiatuses are reportedly due to Togashi being ill, although I don't think that has ever been confirmed.

30. - Top - End - #660

The joke I hear is that Togashi's on hiatus playing videogames. He's a Dragon Quest fan from what I heard. Kind of like how one of the jokes for Berserk's lack of a schedule is Miura Kentarou's fandom for Idolmaster.

Total volume sales can be misleading though, as it's inflated through # of volumes in the series.
    For example, as of February 2012, Bleach was at 53 volumes. So we're looking at an average of 1.48 million copies a volume.
    Yu Yu Hakusho's 49.2 million copies over 19 volumes gives it an average of 2.58 million per vol. Rurouni Kenshin averaged 1.96 million. HXH averaged 2.08 million then. Slam Dunk averaged 3.83 million. Naruto averaged about 2.18 or 2.21 million at that point. Dragon Ball's at 3.72 million. One Piece was at 4.27 million then.

Kochikame's been running nonstop since 1976, so it's racked up... 177 volumes by that point, for an average of 0.87 million.
    Last edited by Somewhere; 2012-12-09 at 12:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show