New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    (aside: what doesn't mesh with this information is Medaka Box's continued survival. It racked up 1.1 million copies sold in 2012 over five volumes; or an average of ~220k a volume. It's been garbage in the polls for at least a year now. Its tv ratings were.... ok I enough I guess for a 1:50 AM series to get a 2nd season? Its disc sales average less than 1k, where the context is low 4 digits is average, high 4 digits is very good, and 10k+ is top 100 selling series since 2000. WHY IS MEDAKA BOX STILL ALIVE?)
    I can't say anything about the manga, because I don't read it, but the anime so far is pretty good for its genre. As usual, I don't much like the main character,* but the rest is cool enough to keep watching.

*I didn't like Naruto pre-timeskip, nor Ichigo or Luffy, as well as many others. The few exceptions consist of Edward Elric, Jio Freed and Goku. (Off the top of my head, trying to consider which ones might be Shonen.)

One reason for Togashi being so good might be that his work are hypnotic. I watched much more of YuYu Hakusho than I would have of any other show similar to it, in spite of its pretty generic overall themes and main character. Might be the unique ghost dynamic of the main guy. Or Botan.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

2. - Top - End - #662
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    They also pay him better than any other artist, or so I've heard. To be fair, check out this link. Yu Yu Hakusho is the tenth best selling Shonen Jump manga ever, Hunter x Hunter is the eighth. On the other hand Bleach is the sixth, so I wouldn't expect it to just be dropped that easily. Also to be fair the hiatuses are reportedly due to Togashi being ill, although I don't think that has ever been confirmed.
    He had one or two hiatuses due to being ill (exhaustion and muscle pain because he uses no assistants), but plenty of them are due to laziness. He admits to being lazy frequently in interviews.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Speaking of illnesses, has anyone heard what it was Kubo got this last autumn?

4. - Top - End - #664
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Lord View Post
    Speaking of illnesses, has anyone heard what it was Kubo got this last autumn?
    The realization that he has no idea what he's doing.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    The realization that he has no idea what he's doing.
    For someone who you don't think knows why he is doing, I am willing to bet he had made a LOT more money than you have.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    For someone who you don't think knows why he is doing, I am willing to bet he had made a LOT more money than you have.
    Oooooooh burn!

Of course, making money does not mean you know what you're doing.

And for all we know, Hadrian_Emrys could be Bill Gates.
    Last edited by ThiagoMartell; 2012-12-11 at 06:47 AM.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Troll in the Playground

How is that even slightly relevant? The amount of money someone has has exactly zero to do with anything other than the amount of money someone has. It doesn't mean he is a better person, it doesn't mean he necessarily earned it, and it doesn't mean his work is any good. It somewhat implies that his work is popular, but even that isn't necessarily true, and just because something is popular doesn't make it immune to criticism. This is seriously the worst argument I've ever seen.

Edit: Perhaps even more to the point, Bleach is a children's manga. Dora the Explorer* is very popular, but nobody is claiming it is a literary masterpiece. I'd be a hypocrite if I were to read Bleach but claim adults can't like works primarily intended for children/teens, but come on. How much money something makes doesn't really have to do with how good it is.

Edit 2: Or how about Pablo Escabar, who I'm pretty sure was quite a bit richer than Kubo? Are we to determine that because he made a lot of money cocaine is a good thing?

* I'm not up to date on what is popular with kids, but my cousin used to watch this.
    Last edited by Drolyt; 2012-12-11 at 01:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

If you know ANYTHING about Escabar you know that he was very good at what he did. The fact that he was a monster and his "buisness" was criminal has nothing to do with his being highly successfull at it.

Really, Drolyt this isn't even a good strawman, so why don't we get back on subject, shall we?

9. - Top - End - #669
    Titan in the Playground

so why don't we get back on subject, shall we?
    Not deviating from it in the first place seems like a much better plan, imo.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Colossus in the Playground

Anyone else excited for the next chapter? I'm actually really interested in what it will bring us next!

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

I am kind of hoping for a funny reaction from Byakuya regarding having his blood replaced by hot spring water. Normally I'd see it taking at least another chapter before he'd be conscious again, but...

...actually, with Kubo, I'm not so sure whether it will be this one or the one after that. His pace is like a mixture of glaciers and meteors, interchangeably.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Troll in the Playground

why don't we get back on subject
    Very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Anyone else excited for the next chapter? I'm actually really interested in what it will bring us next!
    I'm most interested in this Spirit King and what exactly he does. I hope that will be explained soon.

13. - Top - End - #673

New Bleach!

Spoilers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ....is pompador saying Renji hit him, or Ichigo? Because if it's Renji I'm calling bull crap.

....oh god Kenpachi's going to get stronger. The world is over.

.........welp, so that confirms that the Medic lady is a beast, if anything. She was the first Kenpachi.

...wait, doesn't that mean Kenpachi killed her? Or was that a different Kenpachi that he killed? Also, since Kenpachi isn't his real name, I'm going back to thinking Kenpachi is actually that little pink haired girl's Zanpakto.

....this chapter was wierd.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Troll in the Playground

New Bleach!

Spoilers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ....is pompador saying Renji hit him, or Ichigo? Because if it's Renji I'm calling bull crap.

.........welp, so that confirms that the Medic lady is a beast, if anything. She was the first Kenpachi.

...wait, doesn't that mean Kenpachi killed her? Or was that a different Kenpachi that he killed? Also, since Kenpachi isn't his real name, I'm going back to thinking Kenpachi is actually that little pink haired girl's Zanpakto.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm pretty sure there have been several Kenpachi. Anyways, this chapter was... pretty cool, I think.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I guess now we get to see why everyone is so scared of her

16. - Top - End - #676
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm pretty sure it's Ichigo.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes! Finally.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've been informed she was a beast for a while. Have you seen her databook stats?

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I still want to believe that the Kenpachi before Zaraki was Ichigo's dad.

Spoiler
    Show
    It was also surprisingly good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm pretty sure there have been several Kenpachi. Anyways, this chapter was... pretty cool, I think.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, it was mentioned several times. Kenpachi is the title you get when you become captain of 11th division by killing the previous captain. Unohana is obviously a special case.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    @Forrest: I sure hope so. and I hope we get to see the zanpakuto of Zaraki (since he's no longer the only known kenpachi). I'm guess it to be the flip side of the coin that is medicine: she knows (by virtue of being a medic) hwere to strike to inflict the most damage...

On kenpachi: it seems to be a title for beating a captain (or rather, killing a captain). Also, finally a first name for Unohana.

And it was Ichigo who struck back, but don't forget that his hollow part (if it still exists) works somewhat like a contingency defense... (like the masks earlier (and striking back at the speed of though is kind of his thing).

All in all, I liked this chapter. Shunsui as captain commander now they no longer have the power of beard, but the power of awesome
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

18. - Top - End - #678

Spoiler
    Show
    Right, I forgot her database entry said she was super powerful. I just am surprised it's actually like this, is all.

Also, realization. The only thing Genryusai taught Kenpachi was "how to hold a sword properly", as we learnt in his fight againest the scorpion guy. This means that, for every fight, Kenpachi has had no idea what he's doing.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    Right, I forgot her database entry said she was super powerful. I just am surprised it's actually like this, is all.

Also, realization. The only thing Genryusai taught Kenpachi was "how to hold a sword properly", as we learnt in his fight againest the scorpion guy. This means that, for every fight, Kenpachi has had no idea what he's doing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes!! Isn't that awesome?!

20. - Top - End - #680

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes!! Isn't that awesome?!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes. It's also...somewhat horrifying!

21. - Top - End - #681
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    Considering I just read Hammered Down again, this isn't as surprising to me as it might have been...but still an OMGWTFBBQ at the moment of impact.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, another chapter I really liked. I actually had the idea once that Unohana might have held the title Kenpachi for a while, but that she is actually the very first one makes it even more awesome.
    Well, most important things have already been said, except: I noticed, we haven't seen anything about Nanao's abilities yet, not even her shikai, so im kind of curious, what she can do. Also, is Yachiru Unohana's actual name, and Retsu is an alias, or is it another title? It's probably not a coincidence that she shares that name with another character.

23. - Top - End - #683

Quote Originally Posted by Dscherro View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Great, another chapter I really liked. I actually had the idea once that Unohana might have held the title Kenpachi for a while, but that she is actually the very first one makes it even more awesome.
    Well, most important things have already been said, except: I noticed, we haven't seen anything about Nanao's abilities yet, not even her shikai, so im kind of curious, what she can do. Also, is Yachiru Unohana's actual name, and Retsu is an alias, or is it another title? It's probably not a coincidence that she shares that name with another character.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ....wait a moment, realizaion. Yachiru. Isn't that the same name as Kenpachi's little girl friend?

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ....wait a moment, realizaion. Yachiru. Isn't that the same name as Kenpachi's little girl friend?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes it is.

From the bleach wiki
    "He(Kenapchi) named her "Yachiru" in memory of the only person he had ever admired."
    Last edited by slayerx; 2012-12-12 at 04:58 AM.

25. - Top - End - #685

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes it is.

From the bleach wiki
    "He(Kenapchi) named her "Yachiru" in memory of the only person he had ever admired."
    Spoiler
    Show
    ....well then, we know what the backstory is now. Kenpachi knew Team Mom in the past, back when he was but a simple weakling. She beat him and it knocked out his brains, and that's when he met Baby Yachiru.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    ....well then, we know what the backstory is now. Kenpachi knew Team Mom in the past, back when he was but a simple weakling. She beat him and it knocked out his brains, and that's when he met Baby Yachiru.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And so she is the only one Kenpachi would respect enough to teach him anything. Truthfully I always wondered about those two. Kempachi is always in everyones face, but we never saw him mess with her that I can recall. Now we know why.

And this Central 46 is only a LITTLE smarter than the last bunch.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    He does know what he is done to some extent because of what he learned "on the job". But there are things you can't learn that way very well.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    And this Central 46 is only a LITTLE smarter than the last bunch.
    Well, for most of the time they were busy being dead, you can't really blame them for making stupid decisions.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Troll in the Playground

*whispers*psst, you can use an edit or multiquote function to not double post, even if they are both contributing to the organization*stops whispering*

Spoiler
    Show
    BTW, is it me or is Shunsui more badass then the captain commander was by completely verbally owning Central 46?
    he does ave an eyepatch of badassitude...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

30. - Top - End - #690
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I can honestly say I never saw that last one coming.

This also puts a weird possible spin on my earlier thoughts of UnohanaxKenpachi and the replies of YachiruxKenpachi. Clearly they mean two things at once, both being the same thing, and one being about self-love.

Also, I darn love Shunsui speaking to the Central 46 like that. And he's actually got a shared Captain-Commander spot with Kyouraku? So that means their two old divisions need new captains, doesn't it? And the First Division will get two vice-captains?

Anyway, it appears to be like I was telling. It is a very strange thing, but it appears Bleach is looking up.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2012-12-12 at 06:13 AM.