New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

Considering how much I hated Aizen, I find it deeply disturbing I now crave his return.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

If Aizen is going to be worfed I'll applaud the new low of quality for writing by Kubo. I mean, that would be recordbreaking and to phrase this nicely, that would be a trainwreck I'd like to watch

Really, ti would be so bad it'd be really amusing
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    If Aizen is going to be worfed I'll applaud the new low of quality for writing by Kubo. I mean, that would be recordbreaking and to phrase this nicely, that would be a trainwreck I'd like to watch

Really, ti would be so bad it'd be really amusing
    Wait until it gets released as a movie!
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

meh, that doesn't count since the movies rarely follow the canon story (it's more like an intermezzo then furthering the story (they are cool sometimes though, I really liked the hell movie)
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Aizen Bach (Aizen pull)

It's not like we ever saw broken zanpakutos repair… oh wait. Also, this is Bleach, he WILL have a sword even if he doesn't have any. See also: totally not sword, Quincy.
    Exception cannot prove the rule. It disproves it.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Wait.... are we being -serious- right now? Aizen might be back? Oh dear god....

I remember when it was Yu-Yu Hakusho with swords... those were the days, man...

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

No, Aizen is not back that I can see. If Aizen did come back we would not be on Bach's side. Azizen may be a total $#@ but he would not join with the Quincy just do to the fact that the Quincy way of doing things will destroy the world. Aizen want to rules the world, not destroy it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, the sword toss? It was to stop Bach from leaving.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, the sword toss? It was to stop Bach from leaving.
    Why not Getsuga Tensho?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tenno Seremel View Post
    Why not Getsuga Tensho?
    Simple: collateral damage happen only at half way, maybelater in the fight. You don't start with it. Not even Natsu (fairy tail) does that.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tenno Seremel View Post
    Why not Getsuga Tensho?
    Not even Gekka Tenshou works!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Considering how much I hated Aizen, I find it deeply disturbing I now crave his return.
    I want him back BECAUSE I hated him. He was a good villain. Bach? Up to now, is sharp, attacking the enemy when is splitted on many front. Other than that? Uoah, he is SCARED of Ichigo because he can kick asses. Runaway villain? Out of the window, please.

Gimme back an enemy who have the power to win (after all, he would have defeated Ichigo) and rampage with it to dominate the world.
    I'm from Italy. So,sorry for my bad English!

Thanks A LOT to Nevitan for the fantastic Avatar!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moak View Post
    I want him back BECAUSE I hated him. He was a good villain. Bach? Up to now, is sharp, attacking the enemy when is splitted on many front. Other than that? Uoah, he is SCARED of Ichigo because he can kick asses. Runaway villain? Out of the window, please.

Gimme back an enemy who have the power to win (after all, he would have defeated Ichigo) and rampage with it to dominate the world.
    I am sorry but anybody that could fight the 2nd release state of Ulquiorra Cifer and literally curbstomp him, should make you damn scared. If you are a villian you need to fight this person on your own terms and make sure you have an escape plan ready.

(Yes I understand it was a fluke that Ichigo's inner hollow came out, but if a villian is genre savvy they understand flukes happen.)

-----------

Doesn't matter that Bach just defeated Old Man Genocide a person who makes Ulquiorra look like a terrier vs a great dane. Miracles/Flukes/Accidents happen.

Most villians like living, if they are dead they don't get to enjoy victory.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    (Yes I understand it was a fluke that Ichigo's inner hollow came out, but if a villian is genre savvy they understand flukes happen.)
    To Quote John Crichton:
    Lucky is good.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2012-10-19 at 11:51 AM.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Simple: collateral damage happen only at half way, maybelater in the fight. You don't start with it. Not even Natsu (fairy tail) does that.
    ..... with most of the entirity of the soul society metaphoracally raped (the army's command was to violate the soul society, no less), I'd say the battle has -long- since started, and there's been an ass load of collateral damage already.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

New one up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well Bach kicked Ichigo's tail, but not quite. This actually proved an idea I have had for a long time concerning Quincies. Their powers are heavily related to Hollows as both involve manipulating power that is not their own.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh hell no. Kubo, you dunnit. You win the Troll King Award. Now please stop. Go to your corner and think about what you've done.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

New Chapter.

I think next chapter will be used to explain this chapter. It doesn't really work on it's own. Now I'm wondering if Kubo actually thinks he's doing a good job or if he just doesn't care anymore. Well, it may look bad, but maybe everything isn't what it seems.

Still better then Mass Effect 3 ending.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Firbolg in the Playground

Man... what.

Seriously? I...have no more coherent thought right now.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    *using voice of Tipsy Bartender* AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!

No seriously...

I mean...

*brain reboot complete*

Kubo you son of a [redacted]

I now have this theory that Kubo was unreasonably angry about the fact that Ash didn't cath 'em all. so Ichigo will. An here I thought Sasuke had a bad case of author favoritism.

So, origin of quincy powers: Ichigo's mother was a quincy, somewhere in the family, cousin twice removed or something.

You know, there is a chance that Kubo is doubletrolling us and lied about ichigo's power all along. Every time ichigo gained a power (or powertype) he got it while fighting an opponent using the same type of power. think about it. He develops his shinigami powers while he battles someone form the kido corps. he develops bankai in a need to battle another bankai. he get's his final/extradimensional form in response to Aizen. he gaines various powerups of his hollow form while fighting arrancars or vizards. He gained Fullbring when surrounded by fullbring. And now quincy powers while fighting quincy. Could Ichigo be an embodyment of a hogyoku? does the hidden ability of Zangetsu be to learn anything someone else has? Is Kubo in hindsight just a bad writer writing up inconsistencies? is it still because ichigo secretly was a quincy all the time? Am I losing my mind? Should I wear a tinfoil hat? We'll see it next chapter...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, let me explain it.

Hollows have the ability to absorb and use spritual energy to power their innate abilities. Where do Quincies get their power? They absorb and use spirit energy from their environment and form it into weapons. In other words the main difference between a Hollow and Quincy (for this purpose) is how they use their energy, not where they get it.

I don't think Ichigo is using Quincy powers, he is just using a similar technique. And it has been done before. Remember when Ichigo first fougth Kenpachi? Kenpachi's super high spirit energy act as a shield from Ichigo's attacks. Though the mechanism is a bit different. We have also seen Hollows protech themselves from attack using spiritual energy by hardeneing their skin. In the Bount arc (Yeah, I know it's filler) Ichigo used his spirit enegy to protect himself from attacks (first time he fights them IIRC).

Then add in Ichigo's Fullbring ability which is again using sprital energy from an outside source to power abilites. That might have something to do with it as well.

As I said before I have been kinda expecting this to happen.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I doubt is that, in the fight against Kempachi it was stated that the difference in Spirit Pressure is what protected Kempachi from Ichigo's attack, Hierro (arrancar version) is mostly the same.

Besides bach named it blut vente and Ichigo's skin was marked by something... and yeah my first thought at the end of the chapter was:

"Seriously Kubo? Ichigo gaining Quincy powers... probably from his mother side of the family or something"..for the record I am sure there are at least a 100 or so fanfics with this same premise....

:sight: Why the hell am I still reading this?

Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, let me explain it.

Hollows have the ability to absorb and use spritual energy to power their innate abilities. Where do Quincies get their power? They absorb and use spirit energy from their environment and form it into weapons. In other words the main difference between a Hollow and Quincy (for this purpose) is how they use their energy, not where they get it.

I don't think Ichigo is using Quincy powers, he is just using a similar technique. And it has been done before. Remember when Ichigo first fougth Kenpachi? Kenpachi's super high spirit energy act as a shield from Ichigo's attacks. Though the mechanism is a bit different. We have also seen Hollows protech themselves from attack using spiritual energy by hardeneing their skin. In the Bount arc (Yeah, I know it's filler) Ichigo used his spirit enegy to protect himself from attacks (first time he fights them IIRC).

Then add in Ichigo's Fullbring ability which is again using sprital energy from an outside source to power abilites. That might have something to do with it as well.

As I said before I have been kinda expecting this to happen.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Then please enleighten me as to why (If Ichigo is so great at controlling and directing spirit particles and spirit energy), Ichigo can't use any form of Kido whatsoever? The very control of spiritenergy (and suggestively building with spiritenergy) is the basis for kido...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

23. - Top - End - #83
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    Then please enleighten me as to why (If Ichigo is so great at controlling and directing spirit particles and spirit energy), Ichigo can't use any form of Kido whatsoever? The very control of spiritenergy (and suggestively building with spiritenergy) is the basis for kido...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, Getsuga Tenshou sure looks like a kido-type technique
    *shrug*

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I doubt is that, in the fight against Kempachi it was stated that the difference in Spirit Pressure is what protected Kempachi from Ichigo's attack, Hierro (arrancar version) is mostly the same.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I DID day the mechanism was a little different didn't I? And looking at the Blunt, it's basically a variation of Hierro. Instead of being used on the skin as with the Hollows, it's used in the veines. Even with Kempachi it's still the Spririt Energy deflecting the attack, but just in a much cruder form.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    The reason Ichigo can't use Kido is because no one ever taught him to use it. Using Kido is like similar to a Magic User in D&D casting a spell. You have to be trained to do it. Ichigo's use a Quincy technique here is probably nearly reflexive. As has been shown many times, Ichigo learns/grows when he is pushed REALLY hard. And being trapped in that cage pushed him that far.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I think there's one possibility we can infer from this...

And that is Ichigo's secret identity is...

Spoiler
    Show

He gets all the powers by mimicking every spiritual type of being ever.

If you think about it, he even has Kon and that little chicken thing to be his Bount doll.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    well, whatever the reason, Ichigo has become the mary sue of all mary sues.

Btw, nobody taught him to use Kido, but nobody bothered as well because he failed controlling the spiritual pressure back when he invaded seireitei. So he can't control it, but he's ok to control heaps of spiritual matter in his veins (which is supposed to be an advanced quincy technique because of the dangers of screwing with your vasculatory system)? that is just ****ty writing. Real ****ty.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Ichigo's last name clearly isn't Kurosaki. It's Uchiha. That's what his mother is.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

.... and just like that a 100 fanfics have been born.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    WMG mode on. That pattern is a magic circuit…

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

What if Ichigo really has Tsukishima's powers and he's retconning his own backstory to give him more powers?