New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    What if Ichigo really has Tsukishima's powers and he's retconning his own backstory to give him more powers?
    10 gp says that will male more sense than whatever Kubo has planned (or will pull out of his ass)
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Ichigo is a Ditto! That's why now he can use Quincy and Reaper powers, but we won't see him go Hollow.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Colossus in the Playground

Maybe Kubo's trying to distract us with all this bad that we don't focus on the OTHER aspects of the chapter.

Bach man handled Ichigo, beat him soundly, and could of killed him. But he didn't. He wanted Beanpole (who's name is finally told but I'm not spending the effort to look it up) to take him to his castle, to recruit him. We also hear Bach putting massive air quotes over "enemy".

My guess is that Kubo is trying to make Bach look like a justified villian now. Which won't work because Bach told his men to VIOLATE SOUL SOCIATY.

But yha, my thoughts on the chapter? I didn't think Kubo could top himself. He did.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

You know there is a real simple way to expalin this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Uryu got sick of Ichigo's spiritual pressure being all over the place and was working with him on getting some contole over it.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I didn't think Kubo could top himself. He did.
    If Kubo is able to do anything, may this mean He is able to make a chapter more Kubo than He is able to Kubo?
    Exception cannot prove the rule. It disproves it.

6. - Top - End - #96

Quote Originally Posted by Tenno Seremel View Post
    If Kubo is able to do anything, may this mean He is able to make a chapter more Kubo than He is able to Kubo?
    Yes.tenchars

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    WMG mode on. That pattern is a magic circuit…
    I am the bone of my Zangetsu
    Fullbring is my body and Quincy is my blut
    I have gained over a thousand powers
    Unaware of plot, Nor aware of pacing
    Withstood pain to become a hollow, waiting for my next power-up.
    I have no regrets. This is the only path
    My whole life was GETSUGA TENSHOU!
    Last edited by VanBuren; 2012-10-25 at 01:10 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    I am the bone of my Zangetsu
    Fullbring is my body and Quincy is my blood
    I have gained over a thousand powers
    Unaware of plot, Nor aware of pacing
    Withstood pain to become a hollow, waiting for my next power-up.
    I have no regrets. This is the only path
    My whole life was GETSUGA TENSHOU!
    Although, maybe it's “is my blut” then :}
    Exception cannot prove the rule. It disproves it.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I don't know if Kubo thinks he's trolling the fanbase or if he's unable to detect sarcasm. Face it, we all saw this coming from three AU away. (That's about 24 light-minutes, in case you didn't want to do the math)
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-10-24 at 02:02 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Although, maybe it's “is my blut” then :}
    Awwwwww, maaaaan.

I thought I'd gotten it all in there. Well-played sir.
    Last edited by VanBuren; 2012-10-24 at 02:03 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

I'm... shocked that anyone was surprised. This manga's more formulaic than physics.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just to throw this out there; hasn't Ichigo spent the last hour or more (all of Soul Society getting wrecked) in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber? Maybe he had to learn to focus his energy to get out of the cage; he did have over 3 months to work on it...

Or something.
    If we shadows have offended, think but this, and all is mended.
    That you have but slumber'd here, while these visions did appear;
    and this weak and idle theme, no more yielding but a dream.
    Gentles, do not reprehend: If you pardon we will mend.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    well, whatever the reason, Ichigo has become the mary sue of all mary sues.

Btw, nobody taught him to use Kido, but nobody bothered as well because he failed controlling the spiritual pressure back when he invaded seireitei. So he can't control it, but he's ok to control heaps of spiritual matter in his veins (which is supposed to be an advanced quincy technique because of the dangers of screwing with your vasculatory system)? that is just ****ty writing. Real ****ty.
    Soo....you don't believe he has made any advancement in controlling his spiritual pressure since the beginning of the freaking series? Does that make a lick of sense to you whatsoever? I mean, that was the beginning, and this is literally the end of the entire manga, I'd be depressed if he hadn't learned SOME control over his own powers. I mean, he's gone through several bouts of intense training at various points SINCE he invaded the Seireitei.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Soo....you don't believe he has made any advancement in controlling his spiritual pressure since the beginning of the freaking series? Does that make a lick of sense to you whatsoever? I mean, that was the beginning, and this is literally the end of the entire manga, I'd be depressed if he hadn't learned SOME control over his own powers. I mean, he's gone through several bouts of intense training at various points SINCE he invaded the Seireitei.
    From everything we've seen. Yes. That is what the series would like us to believe. He has to much reiatsu to control on any level. He's like Zeraki in that regard.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Considering that Getsuga Tenshou is more-or-less chucking spirit energy in a compressed wave and Tensa Zangetsu also seriously compresses his spiritual pressure, I'd say that control is reasonable... when he was remarked as having no control was mostly before he went through ridiculous levels of training to unlock and master new powers.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Firbolg in the Playground

Also, is it just me, or has Bach started smiling a lot suddenly. He seemed positively cheerful.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Considering that Getsuga Tenshou is more-or-less chucking spirit energy in a compressed wave and Tensa Zangetsu also seriously compresses his spiritual pressure, I'd say that control is reasonable... when he was remarked as having no control was mostly before he went through ridiculous levels of training to unlock and master new powers.
    And was acknowledged by the fact that his zanpakuto was larger than it should be because he wasn't compressing his reiatsu. Considering all further evolutions have hyper compressed it, I'd agree that control seems likely.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Honestly is it possible that Ichigo does not have any quincy heritage at all? Instead he had to learn how quincy powers work to escape the quincy jail his former opponent placed on him. He has learned some quincy techniques due to needing to understand how they work to escape said cage. (he also learned how the quincy blut works based on his previous fight.)

NAHHHH this doesn't make since, Ichigo's mom had to be a quincy and he just inherited her powers.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    I think there's one possibility we can infer from this...

And that is Ichigo's secret identity is...

Spoiler
    Show

He gets all the powers by mimicking every spiritual type of being ever.

If you think about it, he even has Kon and that little chicken thing to be his Bount doll.
    I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show
    This has now been added to me fannon. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Honestly is it possible that Ichigo does not have any quincy heritage at all? Instead he had to learn how quincy powers work to escape the quincy jail his former opponent placed on him. He has learned some quincy techniques due to needing to understand how they work to escape said cage. (he also learned how the quincy blut works based on his previous fight.)

NAHHHH this doesn't make since, Ichigo's mom had to be a quincy and he just inherited her powers.
    Or, another crazy theory: Quincy are the Soul Reaper's Fullbringers. That is, they're humans whose lives were affected early on by Soul Reapers (rather than Hollows) and developed spiritual powers.

Or they're humans with Soul Reaper ancestors, a half-Soul Reaper thus being the most powerful kind of proto-Quincy.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Another theory: All of those powersets are just different ways of using the same units of spiritual energy.

Soul Reaper.
    Quincy.
    Hollow.
    Fullbring.

Long ago, the real world and the afterlife lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when the Vandenreich attacked. Only the Ichigo, master of all four powers, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. An hour passed and Byakuya and Juhabach discovered the same Ichigo, a Soul Reaper named Ichigo. And although his Gekka Tenshou skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Ichigo can save the world.

22. - Top - End - #112

I'd like your theory if it weren't for the fact that Quincy's specificly destroy souls, while Soul Reaper's don't. If we change it so that the Soul Sociaty was lying, that makes them the villians.

Which would make it so that Bleach is good. And That's Impossible.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Barbarian in the Playground

I did kinda see this chapter coming, to be honest, which is a shame, but this could mean that my theory of Bach being a Soul Reaper, that created the Quincies, holds a little more water, if only a little.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    because he doesn't control it, he compresses it and he doesn't even do that himself. Tensa Zangetsu is like "let me handle that for you bro, you just smak that guy. also why I don't believe he has control is the way his getsuga tensho remains jagged and unfocused. he just chucks a lot of energy in some direction. If he would control it the getsuga tensho would be much sharper outlined, more defined etc. And he wouldn't be a freaking beacon standing around.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'd like your theory if it weren't for the fact that Quincy's specificly destroy souls, while Soul Reaper's don't. If we change it so that the Soul Sociaty was lying, that makes them the villians.

Which would make it so that Bleach is good. And That's Impossible.
    I assumed that it was only the case because that's what the Quincy intended to do. No one bats an eye at Ishida after all.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbis View Post
    Just to throw this out there; hasn't Ichigo spent the last hour or more (all of Soul Society getting wrecked) in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber? Maybe he had to learn to focus his energy to get out of the cage; he did have over 3 months to work on it...

Or something.
    That's what I'm thinking.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Bit of fail on Bach's part...
    He stabbed Ichigo in the neck with a huge frickin' sword and then noticed he was still breathing... and he didn't think there was anything wrong with that picture. Really, an attack like that probably should have taken off ichigo's head, much less leave enough of his neck intact for him to still breathe; if he's still breathing after an attack like that then you should KNOW you screwed up.

Also more bleach slaying via another forum
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    Bit of fail on Bach's part...
    He stabbed Ichigo in the neck with a huge frickin' sword and then noticed he was still breathing... and he didn't think there was anything wrong with that picture. Really, an attack like that probably should have taken off ichigo's head, much less leave enough of his neck intact for him to still breathe; if he's still breathing after an attack like that then you should KNOW you screwed up.
    Even if you open up the windpipe, as long as the spine is intact someone will keep trying to breathe. But there is a matching fail from Ichigo for not trying to attack Bach when he got so close before he made the realization.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Another theory: All of those powersets are just different ways of using the same units of spiritual energy.

Soul Reaper.
    Quincy.
    Hollow.
    Fullbring.

Long ago, the real world and the afterlife lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when the Vandenreich attacked. Only the Ichigo, master of all four powers, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. An hour passed and Byakuya and Juhabach discovered the same Ichigo, a Soul Reaper named Ichigo. And although his Gekka Tenshou skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Ichigo can save the world.
    I like this theory.

Kon can be his Momo too!

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by turbo164 View Post
    I like this theory.

Kon can be his Momo too!
    And Chad can be Apa!
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.