New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1513
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm guessing the reason the zanpakuto did not accept him is because he wasn't the real Kenpachi.

...which makes "Slim Shady" (or rather it's Japanese equivalent) an ironically good guess, maybe.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Troll in the Playground

My name is...

Bond. James Bond.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Troll in the Playground

my name is...
    sparticus
    (what? all the obvious ones were taken)

more seriously
    Spoiler
    Show
    i think this goes to the idea that ichigo is always the one to step into danger alone.
    he won't ask for help, because he doesn't want to burden others or endanger them, and that's exactly what he needs to ask of this asuachi. he needs someone/something else to stand with him.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Thinking more and more I think the zero captain is full of it. EVERYTHING we have seen points to Ichigo being a Soul Reaper alll the way through. And I don't buy that this guy made the first swords either. We see no evidence that he made one for Ichigo or Kenpachi. Now he seems to be makeing them for the students, but I think he is not the original source of them. I think that at least some of the blades are made naturally by the Soul Reaper themselves. After all where did the Zero Captain get the idea in the first place to make the swords?

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Troll in the Playground

I'm a little lost, what is this asauchi thing again?

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    I'm a little lost, what is this asauchi thing again?
    Nameless zanpaktou. Basically all of the 13 court guard uses them, because they haven't learned the name of there zanpaktou.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Troll in the Playground

My name is...

Spoiler
    Show

Iņigo Montoya.

Kenpachi'll achieve Bankai. It'll be called "Prepare to die".
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2013-02-20 at 02:55 PM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kubo's ToC comment for this issue:

"Ooishi-sensei ni hisashiburi ni attara omiyage desu to dorakuefu wo watasareta. Nandeda..."

(Honestly, I did have some trouble putting this one all together)
    Ooishi-sensei ni hisashiburi ni atta = 'Having seen Ooishi-sensei after a while'
    Attara = turns it into a conditional, like 'if meeting Oishi-sensei after a while' or 'when I met Oishi-sensei (after a while)'
    Omiyage desu to dorakuefu wo watasareta. 'desu to' is either a conditional or a quotation. Possibly, dorakuefu are handed over as a gift. Watasareta is past causative form of watasu, to hand over. So the subject was made to, or allowed to, hand over dorakuefu... as a gift, I guess?
    Nandeda = just means 'what for' or 'why'.

So, when Kubo met with Ooishi-sensei (after a long time since the previous encounter), as a gift... Ooishi handed Dorakuefu to Kubo? Kubo's kind of puzzled.

Ok, explanation/speculation time:
    I assume that Ooishi-sensei here is Ooishi Naho, who is the mangaka of the SD Dragonball spin-off in Saikyou Jump. She is also credited as artist for some Dragon Quest spin-off manga.
    Dorakuefu looks to be Dragon Quest figures.
    Last edited by Somewhere; 2013-02-20 at 03:37 PM.
    Thanks to Meirnon for the avatar
    One Punch-Man: I became the hero I had always dreamed of being. But how can it be that, even though I should be satisfied, I feel so empty?...
    Gag manga story by One, artwork by Murata Yusuke of Eyeshield 21 fame
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGod View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure it's cause he did something the dude believed impossible, so much as he kept doing what the guy thought would be unthinkable in a different sense. I'm guessing that "fighting without Asauchi" for so long wasn't a compliment but an offense?

Oh, and I couldn't help myself from laughing like a madman once that damn sword "My name is...". Weirded everyone in the vicinity
    I think it is a compliment, actually.

Spoiler
    Show
    The implication I'm getting is that whereas most shinigami have to be deemed worthy by the swords to even get out of the gate, Ichigo has managed to go it alone this whole time. On the one hand, it is a pretty big slam at the fact that he sucks at the fundamentals, but on the other hand he's also pointing out that it's like Ichigo's been fighting with his eyes shut and one hand tied behind his back this whole time.

So imagine how much more formidable he'd be if he wasn't crippling himself? I think those are the repercussions being talked about.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    I think it is a compliment, actually.

Spoiler
    Show
    The implication I'm getting is that whereas most shinigami have to be deemed worthy by the swords to even get out of the gate, Ichigo has managed to go it alone this whole time. On the one hand, it is a pretty big slam at the fact that he sucks at the fundamentals, but on the other hand he's also pointing out that it's like Ichigo's been fighting with his eyes shut and one hand tied behind his back this whole time.

So imagine how much more formidable he'd be if he wasn't crippling himself? I think those are the repercussions being talked about.
    Spoiler
    Show
    On the other hand, one might really that is not good to him I guess. It's like he jumped from a a child to an adult with absolutely no time to mature himself. Maybe the process of imprinting the Asauchi to turn it into your own personal Zampakutou is what makes a shinigami?

It sort of reminds me of Hajime no Ippo? (Spoilers by the way) Takamura was fighting Hawk but in the Hawk lost cause he didn't had the mental strength to keep taking the pain.

Well, we gotta learn first what the hell is this "basis" thing that both Ichigo and Renji were getting completely wrong...

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    We have no idea what her Bankai did.
    I thought it was pretty clear that it was basically a wave of acidic blood, which is why Unohana became such a good healer - so that at least she (and presumably her allies) wouldn't die whenever she used it.
    Last edited by The Troubadour; 2013-02-20 at 07:49 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure the dude is making either a compliment or insult to Ichigo. Just observing something he finds very strange and or unlikely. And he is still helping Ichigo, just not in the way Ichigo wants, but potentially the way he needs.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure the dude is making either a compliment or insult to Ichigo. Just observing something he finds very strange and or unlikely. And he is still helping Ichigo, just not in the way Ichigo wants, but potentially the way he needs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    and being cryptic about it because...?
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaez View Post
    Nameless zanpaktou. Basically all of the 13 court guard uses them, because they haven't learned the name of there zanpaktou.
    They are nameless Zanpakutō . The thirteen squad members are all given one of these "blank slates," the more they use this blank slate the more their own reitsu bonds with this blank slate until it becomes their own personal Zanpakutō . Once the Zanpakutō is no longer a blank slate but a true Zanpakutō then the sword has its own soul which is part of the Shigimani's soul but isn't at the same time.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    and being cryptic about it because...?
    Spoiler
    Show
    It won't help if Ichigo doesn't discover it for himself?

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Unohana had (wonder if she really died/is gong to die) a cool bankai. Makes sense why she learned to heal. But then again... what's with her shikai? Her shikai and bankai are nothing alike, which maybe isn't that big a deal, but it's almost like she got her bankai, learned how to heal, then her shikai deals with healing, like she got them in reverse order.

Or MAYBE her shikai changed. Anyway...

I (along with everyone else, surely) am very curious to see about Kenpachi's shikai, and if he'll achieve bankai before the series is over. Maybe he'll do that 3-day thing.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't know if I missed something... but what did Unohana's bankai actually do?
    Spoiler
    Show
    As far as I can tell, she said Bankai, there was a lot of blood out of nowhere, and then... Kenpachi had a weird vision quest thing where skin melted off.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredaintdead View Post
    I don't know if I missed something... but what did Unohana's bankai actually do?
    Spoiler
    Show
    As far as I can tell, she said Bankai, there was a lot of blood out of nowhere, and then... Kenpachi had a weird vision quest thing where skin melted off.
    We have no idea what the bankai actually did.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    We have no idea what the bankai actually did.
    It looked cool. That's a power, right?

20. - Top - End - #1220

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    It looked cool. That's a power, right?
    I...think so, but I still want to know what it actually does.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ettin in the Playground

If you take fro granted what we saw on screen, then it's ocean of acidic blood. I've not thought in depth what connection a giant mantaray with healing saliva has to acid blood, but I'm sure I could find one if I'd go to sleep for a chance.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Troll in the Playground

i think it's interesting that her shikai is healing when she's such a monster.

zanpakto tend to reflect their wielders. maybe hers is just a reflection of her pragmatism. it does what she can't.
    she's not super durable so her shikai heals.
    what else can't she do? AOE i guess?
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ettin in the Playground

Her Shikai is a literal monster, so I think it reflects her being a figurative monster just fine.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Barbarian in the Playground

So Viz has started including translation of mangaka ToC comments.

Their version of Kubo's is:
    "Ran into fellow manga artist Oishi and he gave me Dragon Quest VII as a gift. Why...?"

Hmm, looking back at the ToC page again, I could see that what I thought was 'fu' in a weird font can be 7. Probably the 3DS remake of 7. Does Kubo have a 3DS?
    Also, since the pronoun is he, guess it wasn't Ooishi Naho then. Maybe Ooishi Kouji then.

On to the chapter itself... just a really minor quibble this week.

Page 7, middle left panel:
    Viz: You have allies who rival you
    Panda: ...friends to argue with...
    Original: Taitou ni watariaeru nakama mo

Watariaeru means to argue, which is how Panda got that. Taitou ni makes it such that they're on equal ground. So I think that rival gives the better idea; especially since I don't think of Kenpachi being buddies with Byakuya/Ichigo/Renji.

-----

So wait, Unohana's the first Kenpachi.
    She has not handed over the title of Kenpachi until this chapter. So there hasn't been any Kenpachi in between Unohana and Saiyan Kenpachi.
    Where or how does this whole 'in any era, there is only one Kenpachi; it is law as well as unavoidable fate' thing come from? How does Unohana know this?

Why's new-official-Kenpachi's zanpakutoh speaking to him now? Wasn't the original basis for the zanpakutoh not being heard the fact that Kenpachi's been ignoring it all this time? And now it speaks up after a battle where the lesson is 'I LOVE FIGHTING' and has absolutely nothing to do with 'Zanpakutoh have souls and deserve respect too!'?

As for Ichigo getting kicked back to the human world... well, on the plus side, it would be nice for human characters to get some screentime again.
    Although, I'm wondering about how Soul Society, outside of Squad Zero, never really commented much on the specialness of Ichigo being Not-a-real-Shinigami the way this guy has. It's coming off as the 13 court companies not caring, or not knowing, about this.
    Thanks to Meirnon for the avatar
    One Punch-Man: I became the hero I had always dreamed of being. But how can it be that, even though I should be satisfied, I feel so empty?...
    Gag manga story by One, artwork by Murata Yusuke of Eyeshield 21 fame
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    Does Kubo have a 3DS?
    The answer isn't "Does Kubo have a 3ds" it's "Does Kubo have a 3ds for every day of the week or every day of the year?"
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

26. - Top - End - #1226

...right, it hadn't occured to me that if Unohana's the first Kenpachi, how does this work...

Also, concerning the zanpakuto, my GUESS is that Kenpachi's zanpakuto doesn't care about respect. I'm thinking maybe, what the Zeroth Squad guy is going to teach us, will help explain what's going on with Kenpachi.

Also, an insight I've noticed. Kenpachi's life as it stands, right now, is over. He will never have any fun fight again, ever, until he meets the next Kenpachi.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Titan in the Playground

Unless he fights Ichigo, probably. Or Bach. Which might be very dangerous, as he might end up wanting to keep him alive to keep fighting him. Which would be a very interesting twist, a pretty unique reason for a "good" character to keep the BBEG alive.

I'm guessing the 2nd-10th Kenpachis were all "unofficial" ones. The second one just took on the title after Unohana fought Zaraki and ended up passing it on to the third and so on. It's just that Zaraki is the first one to be really worthy of being the true second Kenpachi.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

28. - Top - End - #1228

That's an interesting idea. Kenpachi can't win the war because the one person he has to kill is JUST strong enough to make him not want to kill him, so he can fight eternally. However, I don't think that'll happen. Would be cool though.

29. - Top - End - #1229

New chapter!

I'm tempted not to put up spoiler tags because honestly this is a revelation on the same level as "Tobi is Obito" buuut.

Spoiler
    Show
    So yha, Ichigo!Mom is a Quincy. As we were literally told by Bach (more or less).

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Called it.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show