New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm. While Ichigo siad he would ask his father about his past, after this he just ask his father about his mother. And I think then it's all going to come out. Oh, and while Ichigo's mom might have been a Quincy, she apparently did not have any special abilities such as sensing spiritual energy. Otherwise she would have picked up on the Hollow that killed her. That brings up the possibility that there could be many other people out there who are technicaly Quincies, but who's powers are domant.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The only thing that surprised me?

Bach not cutting off Ichigo's right hand and then proclaiming that Ishida was his sister.

No, that's not a typo.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    So Bleach is not only as bad as Twilight, it's now officially Jerry Springer. "Aizen! Aizen! Aizen! Aizen!" Seriously! Aizen claims to have known him since then, Full-bringer-guy putting himself in everyone's memories, and now this? Half Quincy, Half Hollow, Half Soul-Reaper, Half Human? Any other freaking halves in there? Anyone else want to claim to be part of his life, or his family? How much mama drama does he have going on?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ichigo is really one one thing and always has been. And that is human. All Soul Reapers are humans who have died. All Hollows are people who have died and transformed into a heartless monster. Even Quincies are humans. They are just people born with potential of Spiritual Awarness and using spiritual energy.

Also, plot hole:The Hogkyoku took away Aizen's Sword in exchange for immortality, before Aizen got sealed up and put into bondage. How could he have possibly affected Bach's sense of perception with it?
    Spoiler
    Show
    The sword may be gone, but did the power that goes with the sword go with it? A Soul Reapers power comes from themselves. The swords are just an expression of that power. Take a look at Captain Hitzugia(spelling I know). He was nearly killing people with his cold abilities even before he ever had a sword. So there is a solid precident for Aizen to still have some power. I wonder why he used it though?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Has it been explained whether Quincies are a distinct sub-species of humans or merely a clan of humans who happen to be more spiritually powerful than others (meaning that "Quincies" could be children born to normal humans and vice-versa)?
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

The Quicies are people from the Quicy clan who are (generally, though not always) more spiritually aware and have developed abilities to combat said spirits to protect humanity from hollows. their method however is a bit harsh since it completely destroys the hollow instead of redeeming it, threathening to upset the balance of souls. (If I recall correctly)
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Following that line of thought, could any spiritually powerful human learn Quincy techniques? Would that make them a Quincy? Or is there a Quincy gene (like X-Men) that separates them from other spiritually aware people (Chad etc.).
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Well, it's said to be a bloodline thing (like running in the family, so possibly genetic), though talent for the techniques etc. fluctuates and you still need to train to be able to use the techniques.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

8. - Top - End - #158
    Colossus in the Playground

The worst thing is, looking back at the Fullbring arc, this explains what Ichigo's Dad was being all dodgy about. He...I think Kubo MIGHT of foreshadowed this, somehow.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Wahahahahahahahaahahahaahahahaaahaahahaha!

Oh man this is truly truly rich.

I've only been following out of morbid fascination but this is beyond self parody.

C'mon let see what else Ichigo can be. Can I get any takers on him being a Bount too? Maybe he's got a chakra demon fox inside him too?

Oh and how troll is Aizen, even powerless and imprisoned he can troll the whole plot to save Kubo from having to think of a real reason to end this Worf 359.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Oh and how troll is Aizen, even powerless and imprisoned he can troll the whole plot to save Kubo from having to think of a real reason to end this Worf 359.
    Really, who said that Aizen was powerless? If you look at the end of the arc you would notice that it never says he was powerless and "hints" that the REAL reason Ichogo/SS won was because Aizen got what he really wanted in his heart and no longer had the will to really fight.

http://www.manga-access.com/manga/B/...chapter/422/16

But with the Quincy showing up and doing something to tick him off, he has become more active again.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    C'mon let see what else Ichigo can be. Can I get any takers on him being a Bount too? Maybe he's got a chakra demon fox inside him too?

He already has not just ONE doll, but TWO with Kon and the chicken-lady, so yeah, I'd say he qualifies as a Bount.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    The only thing that surprised me?

Bach not cutting off Ichigo's right hand and then proclaiming that Ishida was his sister.

No, that's not a typo.
    No, see, it's after he gets his hand back and returns to Urahara shop for more training that he realizes that Ishida's his sister, then Bach realizes it during their rematch.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    He already has not just ONE doll, but TWO with Kon and the chicken-lady, so yeah, I'd say he qualifies as a Bount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    No, see, it's after he gets his hand back and returns to Urahara shop for more training that he realizes that Ishida's his sister, then Bach realizes it during their rematch.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Also, plot hole:The Hogkyoku took away Aizen's Sword in exchange for immortality, before Aizen got sealed up and put into bondage.
    All we know from that scene is that he "lost" his sword. That's it. Which might mean ANYTHING. There was no wall to place a hole in the first place :}
    Exception cannot prove the rule. It disproves it.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

So if this is true...
    Spoiler
    Show

Assuming Ichigo's mom was a Quincy, why then couldn't she defended herself agaist the grand fisher or at least recognize his presence before she died.

Only thing that makes sense is that for some reason Ichigo's mom was depowered. If both Ichigo's mom and dad were depowered it is very likely that they were depowered at the same time and we still don't know why/how Ichigo's dad was depowered.

-------------------

So what do you think the chances are Ichigo's sisters are going to be kidnapped since they share the same bloodline and Bach wants them join the Quincy family and become reeducated. Or has Kubo forgotten about Ichigo's sisters?
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    So if this is true...
    Spoiler
    Show

Assuming Ichigo's mom was a Quincy, why then couldn't she defended herself agaist the grand fisher or at least recognize his presence before she died.

Only thing that makes sense is that for some reason Ichigo's mom was depowered. If both Ichigo's mom and dad were depowered it is very likely that they were depowered at the same time and we still don't know why/how Ichigo's dad was depowered.

-------------------

So what do you think the chances are Ichigo's sisters are going to be kidnapped since they share the same bloodline and Bach wants them join the Quincy family and become reeducated. Or has Kubo forgotten about Ichigo's sisters?
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, he might have forgoten about Kone, but not Ichigo's sisters. As for why Ichigo's mother didn't sense the Hollow that killed her she certainly was depowered. Or rather I would say any powers she might have had were dormant as they had never been activated in the first place. Ichigo didn't manifest any Quincy style abilities before this despite the huge amount of spirit energy has been exposed to. So it would seem that for a Quincy to have powers they must be activaed in some fashion and then trained to use them.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't forget that Grand Fisher was supposed to be strong, being able to masquerade to it's victim's loved one.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, Ichigo has two fathers, Isshin and Juha, one of which is also his mother. Kubo is surprisingly progressive and open minded.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

I think people are missing the point with Ichigo having "yet another power set". The reason this seems ridiculous isn't because it is ridiculous in itself (although it isn't very creative) but because of the poor writing. I mean, most of us probably had the "Ichigo is a Quincy" idea before and it probably didn't seem that bad of an idea. We need to focus on the main problem here: that this entire arc makes no sense.
    Last edited by Drolyt; 2012-10-30 at 02:29 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Ishida is Ichigo's brother. Calling it now.
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-10-31 at 01:23 AM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Ishida is Ichigo's brother. Calling it now.
    Cousin, we know Isshin is Ichigo's father at this point. What we don't know is if Ichigo's mother was the sister of Ishida's father. I'm saying they are.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Cousin, we know Isshin is Ichigo's father at this point. What we don't know is if Ichigo's mother was the sister of Ishida's father. I'm saying they are.
    Eh, equally plausible. For some reason I find half siblings more up Kubo's alley.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh, equally plausible. For some reason I find half siblings more up Kubo's alley.
    I'd say "But there would have been more tension between Isshin and Ishida's dad" but ya know. This is Bleach we're talking about. If that was the biggest butt pull the manga has done we'd all be better for it.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    We need to focus on the main problem here: that this entire arc makes no sense.
    Since when were you under the impression that ANY arc made sense?

Sorry, Aizen's active again. Couldn't resist.
    Spoiler: Campaign Journals
    Show

Axinia: My campaign setting.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

I honestly think Kubo identifies with Aizen, like Aizen is some author's avatar in Bleach... I mean, they both pull about the same metric ton of crap behind them...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Or mystic twins with different fathers! In a world where Ichigo's power was heavily hollow influenced but apparently is now pure shinigami for some reason, anything is possible! Up is down! Red is white! Fish is Tuesday!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Or mystic twins with different fathers! In a world where Ichigo's power was heavily hollow influenced but apparently is now pure shinigami for some reason, anything is possible! Up is down! Red is white! Fish is Tuesday!
    fianlly I have found your true identity: you are CAD's chef Brian! *strikes ominous pose*
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Seems possible that Ichigos mother and father de-powered voluntarily either to try and have a normal life or because the SS wouldn't allow it otherwise. Rather than fighting something that would presumably have been powerful enough to need a mention before now.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A love story that ends tragically, how quaint. Although, giving birth to spiritually attuned children while being powerless yourself while knowing exactly what hollows are capable of seems short-sighted.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I like anything that gets the story away from all the SS characters I seriously couldn't care less about. I like Kenpachi, and that's about it.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    fianlly I have found your true identity: you are CAD's chef Brian! *strikes ominous pose*
    A garage made from the souls of dead halloween candy!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".